HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

What happened in your best game?

Old
10-02-2012, 02:40 AM
Reverend Mayhem

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
I play inline and had never won a team award in anything in my life. We got to the final and I remember being really nervous in the dressing room because I wanted to win so bad. It was far from my best game, but we won 6-4 and I scored the second goal.

It's gotta be that or one of my 4-goal games.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 01:20 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

Back when I was 13 in my AA team we played a team we best 4-3 the last time and I scored 3 and had 4 helpers and we won 7-1

sully61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Suddenly7

I was held up in traffic for a long time and went to the game late. It was our first round of the playoffs. Came in the second period and scored two goals to tie the game. In the third had an assist and score the game winning goal. The team we played was one of the best in our league for a very long time. This end up being one of the few times we actually won.

Suddenly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Pajicz

Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Years ago, when I was 13 or 14, I really used to put up some big numbers; once had 5+3 and 1+6 in back-to-back games. Then moved to a bigger club and didn't get much icetime, never really got a chance there. Now, years later trying to revive my career...

Pajicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 05:13 PM
windycity

Best game was this past summer season, probably not my best game personally but best as a team. It was a novice, say D level, league and we were playing the team we were vying for 2nd with in last game. We were only 1 pt ahead of them because we had lost and tied our last 2 games against them, in part because we had missed some players but also some bad luck/bad play. Anyway, we were pumped all day leading up to the game, lots of email/text banter, and we were all up for it. We blew them out of the water - won 4-0 but should have been 10-0 as their goalie stood on his head, we outshot them something like 40-10 (not even sure they got that many). I got 1 goal but most proud of my D (was playing center) as my line completely shut them down. We were all busting our nuts, working hard. Fun times, best I ever felt after a game.

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 01:48 AM
brom7

It's easy to say that my best game was like a dream.

I was the captain for my HS team in Massachusetts my senior year. We lost one game all year going 18-1-7. We won the league championship and the state championship at the Boston Garden. I scored the GWG

brom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 09:41 AM
TLow97

I was 13, playing PeeWee, had a bad cold, came out and got a hat trick. Man, I don't even remember how I got it... Played D back then, too, liked to rush the puck probably way too much. I was a selfish-ass kid back then, LOL

TLow97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 04:28 PM
JR97

Great stories!

I'm an old guy now but I've had some great games in my day. I've had two 10 point games. One of them was against a fire fighter team in summer league with an ECHL goalie in net. He pretty much quit playing and just stood their like a ***** after we scored our 4th or 5th goal. So 5 of those points were more or less pointless points.

The games I'm most proud of though, were obviously when I was scoring the championship game winners. The most memorable was when we finished the season in 2nd to last place but somehow still had the highest goals for and least goals against? how the hell does that happen? Anywho, instead of a normal playoff, the championship was determined by a one day ladder tournament with each game only lasting 15 min. run time. We were the bottom rung and would need to win 5 games in a row to win the thing.

The morning of the tourny, I woke up with the worst flu I've ever had. High fever, aches/pains, can't breathe, can barely move. I knew we were only going to have 2 subs so I decided to play. I drank 1/2 a bottle of dayquil and suited up with the main question being do I go all out in the 1st game or do I conserve and leave it up to my team mates to pick up the slack? Luckily that first game we got up ahead pretty early so I was able to conserve. We pretty much rolled over everyone to the championship game and I was able to conserve quite a bit.

The championship game was back and forth and the game was tied with about 2 min. to go. I was playing D and anticipated their cutesy little weak side setup to the shooter at the faceoff circle. I intercepted the pass, busted out of the zone, hit the breaking forward and busted ass to the net. The other team reacted pretty fast and the 2 on 2 turned into a 2 on 3. Their center was in the middle with me, a D got back to the weak post and the other D was chasing my buddy. I cut back behind my buddy and the center stopped in the high slot in no man's land so for the puck side it was a 2 on 1. the weak D was waiting for the wrap around and the D on the puck was chasing my buddy behind the net. I cut to the net, my buddy dropped the puck to me short side and I rifled the puck far side post and in for the championship game winner.

I don't remember too many plays let alone games, but that one sticks out because I have no idea how I managed to play a single shift let alone 5 mini-games in a row and have anything in the tank to bust ass from our circle to theirs and net a game winner.

JR97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Flygirl16

In the first tourney my team ever won we had the final game and we were tied with 30 seconds left, I got a penalty...roughing I think...that carried over to OT. When I got out of the box, the puck was right there and I deked around 3 players and sniped a shot, top left corner.

Flygirl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Fayne Gretzky

My best game just ended a couple of hours ago.

It was against a team on which the goalie happened to be a good friend of mine and a coworker. Now, I just started playing hockey, and this was my sixth game ever, and I had amassed a frightening total of 1 assist in that time. We were, of course, going back and forth all week about it.

1:30 into the game I backhand home a rebound for my first - I was and AM STILL jacked!!

Also, our team hadn't won a game all year, and her team was 4-1 and we pulled out a 3-5 comeback to win 7-6 on a breakaway goal with 40 seconds left!

Hockey is awesome

Fayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 08:28 PM
exporta

My most memorable game was in Pewee. I was the captain and leading scorer on a team that went undefeated in the regular season and through the playoffs. We were one win away from the finals in a two game series that was based on gf/ga.

We came into the game up 3-2. They jumped up 5-3. We were throwing everything on net but couldn't get anything past their goalie until I put in a garbage goal mid way through the 3rd. The game went back and forward, but time was running out. There was a centre ice face-off with 35 seconds left, following a controversial call that ended a breakaway scoring chance to tie the game.

The coach sent me out at centre. I won the draw, but kept the puck and beat the guy on his turn and was at top speed. Caught the defenseman flat-footed, and deked by both defenders with my speed and was in on a break!

I faked right and caught the goaltender cheating and put it up stairs on the left side. I tied the game with less than 30 seconds on the clock, I never felt so good after scoring a goal!

The game went into triple over time, we lost the game on a terrible play - likely to do with exhaustion.

I ended up winning the MVP that day, but was bitter sweet. The opposing goaltender, whom I ended up knowing in later years, was awarded best goalie in the league.

It was a while ago now, but that was one of the biggest games in my hockey career. There were many other memorable games along the way for better or worse. As I am only 5'8, ability to dominate diminished and started playing a shut down role. Writing this is making me itch to start playing organized again...

exporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 04:27 AM
SCBruCrew4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OduyaLaichBoyes View Post
It's easy to say that my best game was like a dream.

I was the captain for my HS team in Massachusetts my senior year. We lost one game all year going 18-1-7. We won the league championship and the state championship at the Boston Garden. I scored the GWG
Just out of curiosity, what HS did you go to and when did you graduate. I went to Shawsheen and graduated '06.

SCBruCrew4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 04:34 PM
UpGoesRupp

My most ego pumping game was roller hockey when politics left me off AAA
because I was from a smaller town. It was still tryouts and setting up the league so the AAA coach was always around the rink doing paper work. Well he got wind of a couple players he had cut. We didn't have AA so it was a long fall roller hockey wise to not have the competition.

Needless to say, I was on a team with a bunch of guys from my town that were fairly good but not great. We had chemistry as we had all played street hockey and went to school together. After the first 25 minute period I had amassed 8 goals and 3 assists in a 12-0 first period. During the intermission I was asked to step off the floor and go to another rink because I had a AAA game in 2 hours.

My best game though was my most complete though. I've always tried to play like Peter forsberg. Not in his freak ability but his conciousness of his own end and a pass first, penalty killing, hitter.

We were down 2-0 to a team that had a AAA(1) team and a AAA(2) team in their town. It was the third period and I stood at even. I was hitting everything that moved and being really responsible as their constant pressure was exploiting most of our players. On a PK they were regrouping in their neutral zone and they went D to D and the defence bobbled it on his red line. I poked it free and had a breakway from the left side with a right handed shot. I dropped my shoulder and head short side and went forehand and was stoned by a flopping toe. I stopped on a dime on the goal line and bounced the puck off the goalies back into the net to send us to 2-1 with 10 minutes left. Secondly, we got a power play out of it as I took a hit after the goal. I was playing centre and circled in our own zone behind the net. This team was known to play the trap so by the time I was about to gain the neutral zone I gave a bounce to myself off the boards to beat the fore checker, that left us with a 2 on 3 scenario but the D were caught flat footed and the back checker went to man up to my teammate in the middle of the ice. I came across the blue line and went a clean outside-inside under the d mans stick on the right side and as soon as I stepped inside I took a hard shot 6 inches off the ice to the goalies far side and all I heard was a ping and the puck was no where to be seen. Knowing I shot low I knew it was in the net.
I was on top of the world and completely bagged. I watched a couple shifts as my team held on for dear life. We made it to OT where we held on again and barely could keep up. Finally we made it to a shoot out. It came up to my shot. I always shot second. Our goalie had stunned the first two shooters. Thinking back to my breakaway I came in from the left again to mimic my previous shot. I dropped the shoulder this time and the goalie spread open wide with his leg jut out like before this time i just never came across and watched the goalie slide out the was as i eased a back hand in. We won the tourny and I got asked some questions about going to a CIS college and such. Then they discovered I was first year midget and that they couldn't technically talk to me. haha

UpGoesRupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 04:48 PM
wahsnairb

i played in a hockey beats down cancer tournament a few weeks ago and a couple of us had the other teams asking for us to be removed from the tournament. i had 2+4 and then 2+2 for 10 points in our first 2 games.. i was just feeling it.. it was one of those days where the puck actually did everything i told it to

i know i had better games when playing in high school, but that was too long ago to remember specifics.

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 09:34 AM
Deku Scrub
BOP

vCash: 50
(I play Bantam C level... I had actually been traded the day before this game)

One of my best games came just last night - two goals and an assist. I don't often have two goal nights, but I actually had another one three weeks ago.

But anyways, these goals felt much more satisfying because I sniped both of them bar down - crossbar and in. (Once on a breakaway, the other on a 2on1) Also picked up an assist, on the game-tying goal with two minutes left. The game ended in a 4-4 tie as we don't play overtime due to curfew.

3 points in my debut with my new team! I have 7 points in 4 games now; 5 goals. I still have never scored a hat trick, but the way I've been producing this year, I think I've got one coming.

Deku Scrub is offline   Reply With Quote