HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland

SM-liiga U20 point leader - Michal Kristof

Old
10-05-2012, 02:57 AM
alko

vCash: 500
SM-liiga U20 point leader - Michal Kristof

As a Slovak, im following the Slovak prospects in top junior leagues. And now i see, that Michal Kristof is the scoring leader in SM-liiga u20.
Can someone of you, finish memebers, give me some "scouting report"?
Because today i saw a short one from Oto Hascak, New York Rangers scout. And he said, that everyone of Slovak player in this league is far away from top prospects....

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 03:10 AM
QnebO

Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
As a Slovak, im following the Slovak prospects in top junior leagues. And now i see, that Michal Kristof is the scoring leader in SM-liiga u20.
Can someone of you, finish memebers, give me some "scouting report"?
Because today i saw a short one from Oto Hascak, New York Rangers scout. And he said, that everyone of Slovak player in this league is far away from top prospects....
I havent followed him at all, I cant really say.

But hes 18, so I think it would be good for him to break into Mestis (2nd league) or in the SM-Liiga this or next season. Ofcourse Jun-A league is U20 league, but usually breaking in adults games bit earlier is good sign and helps development if you first get that far.

He was almost PPG last season and now has 10 points on five games this season.. So he can get his chance.

QnebO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 05:31 AM
Eyelanders

I really look forward to see Kristof playing next month. Sport is on the first place in the league and the team includes some other good prospects (like another Slovakian forward Robert Varga).

Eyelanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 01:24 AM
Quethas

Send a message via MSN to Quethas
I saw him playing against Ässät last wednesday. First period was just okayish but during the last two periods you could really see why Kristof has the most points in A-juniors. That league doesn't really give enough challenge for him.

He is really skilled compared to the other players in his league and he like to keep the puck a lot. At times he deked through the whole Ässät defense. His skating was good compared to the others and also he has a pretty good shot. He seemed to be pretty good at the own end too.

Kristof is fairly small though and he needs more muscles. I can't remember him playing too physical game either.

He might not be top prospect but from what I've seen, I think he could play in World Juniors with Slovakia. I also think that he should be ready to play in Mestis.

Quethas is offline   Reply With Quote