HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Pavelski signs with Dinamo Minsk

Old
10-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Grabovski
Грабовский правил

vCash: 500
Pavelski signs with Dinamo Minsk

http://www.csnbayarea.com/hockey-san...63&feedID=2798

Grabovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Wow. Big signing.

Helpoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 04:04 PM
smitty10

Very nice. Guess this means no Sergei Kostitsyn?

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 05:40 PM
Den

Is he gonna pull a "Ladd"?

Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 07:23 AM
Will Hunting
Immortal Adams

Wow. Minsk is desperately trying to save their season. They were playing really horrible hockey so far but apparently have a lot of money. Hopefully it wonīt be enough and they will stay where they belong - outside of playoffs! Minsk is the only team in KHL which paid 3 foreign stars from NHL. Russian teams arenīt allowed to do so and the others like Lev, Donetsk, Slovan and Astana added some local boys also.

Will Hunting is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 07:38 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Hunting View Post
Wow. Minsk is desperately trying to save their season. They were playing really horrible hockey so far but apparently have a lot of money. Hopefully it wonīt be enough and they will stay where they belong - outside of playoffs! Minsk is the only team in KHL which paid 3 foreign stars from NHL. Russian teams arenīt allowed to do so and the others like Lev, Donetsk, Slovan and Astana added some local boys also.
Why so much hate? Grabovski was grown by Yunost, a longtime rival of Dinamo, and Kostitsyn brothers also have very close bonds with Yunost. So no wonder that all three went to other teams. And apart from them what other Belarus NHLers could Minsk sign?

Old
10-05-2012, 08:21 AM
Will Hunting
Immortal Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
Why so much hate? Grabovski was grown by Yunost, a longtime rival of Dinamo, and Kostitsyn brothers also have very close bonds with Yunost. So no wonder that all three went to other teams. And apart from them what other Belarus NHLers could Minsk sign?
Because I have seen some Minsk games this season and I could tell you that team was playing really bad hockey. Like really poor! They are trying to save that season by buying NHL stars in a biggest way in KHL. I donīt think Minsk belongs to playoffs and unfortunately things like this could save them.

Iīm a not a big fan of foreign acquisitions which make a KHL a bit irregular. Russian teams can sign only one foreign player (alongside with 2 Russians) which is perfectly fine limit to me. Three signed foreign stars for Minsk is a bit too much in that comparison. I donīt know, maybe I would limit it for 2 options for non-local players for the teams like Minsk, Lev, Slovan, Riga, Astana, Donetsk... Kane, Pavelski and Rinne makes Minsk look like a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT team which I donīt really like. Sorry for that, just my personal feeling.

Old
10-05-2012, 10:02 AM
jaco

Quote:
Because I have seen some Minsk games this season and I could tell you that team was playing really bad hockey. Like really poor! They are trying to save that season by buying NHL stars in a biggest way in KHL. I donīt think Minsk belongs to playoffs and unfortunately things like this could save them.

Iīm a not a big fan of foreign acquisitions which make a KHL a bit irregular. Russian teams can sign only one foreign player (alongside with 2 Russians) which is perfectly fine limit to me. Three signed foreign stars for Minsk is a bit too much in that comparison. I donīt know, maybe I would limit it for 2 options for non-local players for the teams like Minsk, Lev, Slovan, Riga, Astana, Donetsk... Kane, Pavelski and Rinne makes Minsk look like a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT team which I donīt really like. Sorry for that, just my personal feeling.
Minsk (with Rinne and Kane) -Torpedo 0-3, so don't worry...

jaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Will Hunting
Immortal Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaco View Post
Minsk (with Rinne and Kane) -Torpedo 0-3, so don't worry...
Yeah, I know Hopefully it stays as it is.

Old
10-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:

Well, those acquisitions certainly hurt Riga's play-off chances, but on the other hand next Tuesday I will be able to see Rinne and a rising Jets star in my home town (if the lockout lasts, then I'll see Pavelski as well).

And personally I don't think it's bad for a team in trouble to sign big names.

Old
10-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Will Hunting
Immortal Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
Well, those acquisitions certainly hurt Riga's play-off chances, but on the other hand next Tuesday I will be able to see Rinne and a rising Jets star in my home town (if the lockout lasts, then I'll see Pavelski as well).

And personally I don't think it's bad for a team in trouble to sign big names.
For Minsk, itīs definitely not a bad thing But for the other teams ?! That Western conference is so ***ing competitive now. Itīs much harder to reach the playoffs there than in the East (14 teams vs. 12 teams also plays a role there, but majority of NHLers goes to West seemingly). And now comes Minsk with these acquisitions. Gonna be really tough for the teams like Riga, Donetsk and Slovan(which Iīm a fan of). We have to play with heart, thatīs the only thing our players should do better than those American stars...

Last edited by Will Hunting: 10-05-2012 at 11:28 AM. Reason: mistake
Old
10-05-2012, 10:59 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
For Minsk, itīs definitely not a bad thing But for the other teams ?! That Eastern conference is so ***ing competitive now. Itīs much harder to reach the playoffs there than in the West (14 teams vs. 12 teams also plays a role there, but majority of NHLers goes to East seemingly). And now comes Minsk with these acquisitions. Gonna be really tough for the teams like Riga, Donetsk and Slovan(which Iīm a fan of). We have to play with heart, thatīs the only thing our players should do better than those American stars...
you mean west?

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Will Hunting
Immortal Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
you mean west?
Yeah, obviously. Sorry for that. Edited.

Last edited by Will Hunting: 10-05-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old
10-08-2012, 06:37 AM
kunabai

Quote:
you really don't know much about dinamo minsk, do you?

if dinamo had "a lot of money", we could have here in minsk either grabovski or any of kostitsyn's brothers.

the truth is that rinne' signing is cheaper than signing of andrei kostitsyn and that's it

and besides those guys we don't have any belarusians in the nhl, so it's good for slovan and slovakia to have a choice and ability to sign visnovsky and sekera - minsk is lacking this opportunity.

kunabai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Buya89

I havent seen him play yet, is the deal still on?

Buya89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 05:26 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buya89 View Post
I havent seen him play yet, is the deal still on?
He boarded the plane today. Don't know what kept him so long. Link