HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nice Gallagher article on Dogs website

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-02-2012, 08:18 AM
  #1
Habs_46
Registered User
 
Habs_46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New-Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 461
vCash: 500
Nice Gallagher article on Dogs website

http://hamiltonbulldogs.com/pressbox...?article_id=58


Enjoy!

Habs_46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 02:12 PM
  #2
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,794
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs_46 View Post
Great article Brendan is the real deal,I can see him being another Theoren Fleury when he is a pro in Montreal.Feisty character and will be a leader on the team in short order no pun intended.The Habs should draft Tyler Hill or Bogdan Yakimov to play on a line with him they would create havoc for the opposition nightly!

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 02:29 PM
  #3
JMMR
Registered User
 
JMMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,351
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Gallagher loves Lucic!!!
Yesss

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 02:56 PM
  #4
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Gallagher loves Lucic!!!
Yesss
Will learn to hate like the rest of us hehe !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 07:46 PM
  #5
shredder11
Registered User
 
shredder11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 368
vCash: 500
Thank you I really enjoyed that article,Seems like he hasd his head on straight

shredder11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 08:08 PM
  #6
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Great article Brendan is the real deal,I can see him being another Theoren Fleury when he is a pro in Montreal.Feisty character and will be a leader on the team in short order no pun intended.The Habs should draft Tyler Hill or Bogdan Yakimov to play on a line with him they would create havoc for the opposition nightly!
I hope not.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 08:12 PM
  #7
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I hope not.
I think he means style, not the off ice problems.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 01:18 AM
  #8
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 3,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I hope not.
Despite off-ice issues, Fleury was one of the best NHLers when he played.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 07:22 AM
  #9
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr
 
Stjonnypopo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mount Doom
Posts: 10,459
vCash: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I hope not.
This is a stupid comment.

Anyone would have taken Fleury on their team in the 90s despite his off-ice problems.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 07:28 AM
  #10
beowulf
Poster of the Year!
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,669
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
This is a stupid comment.

Anyone would have taken Fleury on their team in the 90s despite his off-ice problems.
Agreed, if he ever comes close to being a Fleury for the Habs I'll be very happy.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 07:44 AM
  #11
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Despite off-ice issues, Fleury was one of the best NHLers when he played.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
This is a stupid comment.

Anyone would have taken Fleury on their team in the 90s despite his off-ice problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Agreed, if he ever comes close to being a Fleury for the Habs I'll be very happy.
Some of the kids here only know him from what they heard through the media. And have never seen him play.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 08:02 AM
  #12
Avim86
Registered User
 
Avim86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal , Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Some of the kids here only know him from what they heard through the media. And have never seen him play.
Exactly , he had blazing speed , sick hands and an awesome wrister. His attitude off the ice can be expected now knowing all the issues he faced in the minor leagues.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 08:53 AM
  #13
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 3,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Some of the kids here only know him from what they heard through the media. And have never seen him play.
455 goals, 1088 points in 1084 games as a 5'6" winger. Still a 60+ player in his second last season.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 09:02 AM
  #14
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
455 goals, 1088 points in 1084 games as a 5'6" winger. Still a 60+ player in his second last season.
And would drop em if coaxed.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 09:05 AM
  #15
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I hope not.
So you wouldn't be happy with a ppg player who plays over 1000 NHL games? wow

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 09:09 AM
  #16
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 3,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
And would drop em if coaxed.
I was about to mention how he had 200+ PIM in a full season, no games missed. Didn't want these children to get the wrong impression. Fleury spent too much time in the box but he did it to make sure nobody took him lightly. Gallagher will likely end up doing the same.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 09:15 AM
  #17
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Some of the kids here only know him from what they heard through the media. And have never seen him play.
Yep.. Not that he was my favorite NHLer growing up has a kid...Well one of my favs..

I want Gallagher to be Gallagher. I want the forward version of Gorges. Not another version of a scoring winger like Theo..

I see the comparison.. But to think Gallagher will be a PPG winger is kind of not happening.

Anyway why are you all so ******** ??

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 09:19 AM
  #18
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 3,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Anyway why are you all so ******** ??
Saying you don't want him to be like one of the best small wingers in the last 25 years is pretty ridiculous. To get that out of a fifth round pick would be a steal.

Why do you want him to be Josh Gorges as a forward? That basically says hands of stone.

I'd love for him to become Fleury but that's wishful thinking. I think he'll be a top six forward though. Doubting him based on his size is a mistake. Judge his skill.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 09:23 AM
  #19
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Saying you don't want him to be like one of the best small wingers in the last 25 years is pretty ridiculous. To get that out of a fifth round pick would be a steal.

Why do you want him to be Josh Gorges as a forward? That basically says hands of stone.

I'd love for him to become Fleury but that's wishful thinking. I think he'll be a top six forward though. Doubting him based on his size is a mistake. Judge his skill.
Here we go...

Gorges play's a game..that I would want all our forwards to have in them.. Not the ''hurdurr then handofstonez...''

I never even doubted him. I'm in love since the start of his first season when he was drafted.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 09:24 AM
  #20
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Yep.. Not that he was my favorite NHLer growing up has a kid...Well one of my favs..

I want Gallagher to be Gallagher. I want the forward version of Gorges. Not another version of a scoring winger like Theo..

I see the comparison.. But to think Gallagher will be a PPG winger is kind of not happening.

Anyway why are you all so ******** ??
Hahahahaha this is the funniest thing i have read on HF in a long long time...thanks.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 09:36 AM
  #21
Andros777
Registered User
 
Andros777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 690
vCash: 500
For Brendan Gallgher's sake I hope he doesn't become like Theo Fleury, that guy was a mess.

Andros777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 09:44 AM
  #22
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Hahahahaha this is the funniest thing i have read on HF in a long long time...thanks.
Well aren't you funny..

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 10:29 AM
  #23
beowulf
Poster of the Year!
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,669
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Yep.. Not that he was my favorite NHLer growing up has a kid...Well one of my favs..

I want Gallagher to be Gallagher. I want the forward version of Gorges. Not another version of a scoring winger like Theo..

I see the comparison.. But to think Gallagher will be a PPG winger is kind of not happening.

Anyway why are you all so ******** ??
Makes no sense, if he ends up being a scoring winger that can mix it up, why not? Why be a forward version of Gorges which I am not sure what that would be. Fleury also played part of his career during the high scoring NHL days of the 80s into the early 90s. I don't think Fleury would be a 100pt or even point per game player these days.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 10:31 AM
  #24
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andros777 View Post
For Brendan Gallgher's sake I hope he doesn't become like Theo Fleury, that guy was a mess.
Wouldn't you be if your coach had done the same to you ? This is why we now only alow parents who have had their criminal records checked get on the ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Well aren't you funny..
Haha no that title is all yours today !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 10:55 AM
  #25
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Makes no sense, if he ends up being a scoring winger that can mix it up, why not? Why be a forward version of Gorges which I am not sure what that would be. Fleury also played part of his career during the high scoring NHL days of the 80s into the early 90s. I don't think Fleury would be a 100pt or even point per game player these days.
Attitude wise...

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.