HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilerrrr I Mean Barons '12-13 Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Lay Z Boy GM

vCash: 500
I imagine networks like Snet are working on getting AHL games. They probably don't want to sign on to air too many games and then have the lockout resolved.

Old
10-04-2012, 09:54 PM
jebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lay Z Boy GM View Post
I imagine networks like Snet are working on getting AHL games. They probably don't want to sign on to air too many games and then have the lockout resolved.
They already did. They listed a bunch of games their showing shorty.. no Barons.

I gotta believe SnetW is trying to get Barons games tho. RNH, Eberle, Hall, Schultz, Harski, MPS, Lander, Pitlick, Marincin... This team has all the main guys we wanna see play besides Yakupov. They would make money for sure. It would be stupid of them if they dont.

Old
10-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Toydarian

If SNetW were able to get all Barons games, the lockout wouldn't bother me at all!!

Old
10-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Auguste Escoffier

SNW could get the games....if they want them.

Old
10-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Soli
Supervision Required

No RNH or Eberle tonight in Barons exhibition action. Schultz and Fedun are in and the young tenders (Roy and Bunz) will split duties between the pipes.

https://twitter.com/tomgazzola/statu...39506683817984

Old
10-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
No RNH or Eberle tonight in Barons exhibition action. Schultz and Fedun are in and the young tenders (Roy and Bunz) will split duties between the pipes.

https://twitter.com/tomgazzola/statu...39506683817984
I was just going to more or less post this. Amazing, it's a year later and Fedun is back to the point where he can compete in regular action. I hope there's some place to watch this.

Also it's a good chance for Martindale to shine, playing "#1" center between Cornett and Hartikainen

Old
10-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
I was just going to more or less post this. Amazing, it's a year later and Fedun is back to the point where he can compete in regular action. I hope there's some place to watch this.

Also it's a good chance for Martindale to shine, playing "#1" center between Cornett and Hartikainen
Will be an interesting lineup.

Cornet - Martindale - Harski
Hamilton - Lander - Pelss
Tyrvainen - Arcobello - Maylan
Rajala - Hunter - Abney

Ringwald - Schultz
Zahn - Fedun
Davidson - Teubert

Roy
Bunz

Old
10-05-2012, 12:18 PM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post

Make or break moment for Martindale. "Show us something special or here's your bus ticket to Stockton, kid."

He's my favorite 1-in-a-hundred-chance-of-being-an-NHLer underdog in our system, so I'm rooting for him.

Old
10-05-2012, 12:23 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAF View Post
Make or break moment for Martindale. "Show us something special or here's your bus ticket to Stockton, kid."

He's my favorite 1-in-a-hundred-chance-of-being-an-NHLer underdog in our system, so I'm rooting for him.
I don't see him making the lineup regardless. Go to ECHL play first line time or sit in the PB in OKC?

Old
10-05-2012, 01:33 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAF View Post

Man...Of all the crapholes for us to have our ECHL team it has to be in the 209. Although, they need to get Nick and Nate Diaz out to a game to start talking crap to the other team

Old
10-05-2012, 01:35 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Man...Of all the crapholes for us to have our ECHL team it has to be in the 209. Although, they need to get Nick and Nate Diaz out to a game to start talking crap to the other team
Because of those two guys I'll never step foot in Stockton. Just running into them would ruin my week.

Old
10-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I don't see him making the lineup regardless. Go to ECHL play first line time or sit in the PB in OKC?
Stockton should have a really stacked team, the guys that are demoted to play there need to go down there and show that they are too good for that league. Martindale, Pelss, Rajala, and a few others should have big seasons down there.

10-05-2012, 01:48 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Stockton should have a really stacked team, the guys that are demoted to play there need to go down there and show that they are too good for that league. Martindale, Pelss, Rajala, and a few others should have big seasons down there.
Is Rajala here? The guy is like that buddy that disappears come cheque time in a bar.

Old
10-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Is Rajala here? The guy is like that buddy that disappears come cheque time in a bar.
He sure is.

Old
10-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

I'm glad that it looks like Nelson won't be playing RNH and Eberle in the preseason, give the guys that are fighting for a spot their chance to shine. There's a lot of uncertainty with this group because of how deep it is due to the lockout. It's not a stretch to say that there are at least 4 players that would be starting the year in the NHL if the season had started. RNH, Eberle, Schultz, and one of Harski or Paajarvi. I'm hoping that some guys shuffle between Stockton and OKC to keep everyone developing and playing.

Old
10-05-2012, 02:31 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
I'm glad that it looks like Nelson won't be playing RNH and Eberle in the preseason, give the guys that are fighting for a spot their chance to shine. There's a lot of uncertainty with this group because of how deep it is due to the lockout. It's not a stretch to say that there are at least 4 players that would be starting the year in the NHL if the season had started. RNH, Eberle, Schultz, and one of Harski or Paajarvi. I'm hoping that some guys shuffle between Stockton and OKC to keep everyone developing and playing.
Wait, they aren't playing at all? I just assumed they would be on the squad that plays tomorrow.

IMO it's a mistake not to get them into some preseason. It's not just about making the team, it's about getting your legs and conditioning under you.

Old
10-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Wait, they aren't playing at all? I just assumed they would be on the squad that plays tomorrow.

IMO it's a mistake not to get them into some preseason. It's not just about making the team, it's about getting your legs and conditioning under you.
I haven't heard one way or another, but they are well conditioned enough athletes to not need to play an AHL exhibition game. There will be tons of time to practice before their regular season starts. IMO these 2 games are about seeing how far everyone else has/hasn't come, which lines are to be made, which goalie will start the year behind Danis, and special teams units.

Danis will start the next game so we could see more regulars than tonight, time will tell I suppose.

Old
10-05-2012, 02:39 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
I haven't heard one way or another, but they are well conditioned enough athletes to not need to play an AHL exhibition game. There will be tons of time to practice before their regular season starts. IMO these 2 games are about seeing how far everyone else has/hasn't come, which lines are to be made, which goalie will start the year behind Danis, and special teams units.

Danis will start the next game so we could see more regulars than tonight, time will tell I suppose.
They only play 2?

Old
10-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
They only play 2?
Yup, where have you been mang? You seem out of the loop

Old
10-05-2012, 02:41 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Yup, where have you been mang? You seem out of the loop
I don't pay attention to everything. You know how many Eskimo RB and Kickers I have to keep track of in my head?

Old
10-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Old
10-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
I don't pay attention to everything. You know how many Eskimo RB and Kickers I have to keep track of in my head?
I don't keep up with the CHL so I can't relate

Old
10-05-2012, 03:09 PM
scid14

vCash: 50
Just caved and bought AHL Live for the Barons season. Decided it was worth it to watch some of our top young guys play even if it is just for the time being and the quality isn't very good it's still better than nothing.

Old
10-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by scid14 View Post
Just caved and bought AHL Live for the Barons season. Decided it was worth it to watch some of our top young guys play even if it is just for the time being and the quality isn't very good it's still better than nothing.
"And in other news, the NHL lockout ended today"

Wouldn't that be a kick to the junk!?! I'd agree with you that if there's a lengthy lockout it'd still be worthwhile depending on a persons financial situation to pick it up.

Old
10-05-2012, 03:16 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
"And in other news, the NHL lockout ended today"

Wouldn't that be a kick to the junk!?! I'd agree with you that if there's a lengthy lockout it'd still be worthwhile depending on a persons financial situation to pick it up.
I think the kick in the junk would be the guys paying 1600-1800 to go to OKC for the weekend, only to find out that Eberle and RNH are back in the NHL.

Closed Thread