2012 Winnipeg Blue Bombers/CFL Thread Pt. 2 - Fire Mack Edition

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2012, 11:28 PM
blues10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical Mass View Post
The Bombers have unseasoned quarterbacks. But what have they done to try to give them individual training and mentoring?

They need a Dickinson or a Khari Jones to give one-on-one coaching both in practice and in game situations. Instead, they list Crowton as the O/C and QB coach.
It saves money. Just like how the head coach is also the DC.

Old
10-01-2012, 12:51 AM
blueandgoldguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I will forever remember 'football Cuthbert' for the call he made on the Milt Stegall hail mary reception against the Eskies with time running out that won the game for the Bombers... he was like "oh no!!"

Poor guy
I think you're thinking of Gary Suiter, his color commentator who made the "Oh no " comment.

Old
10-01-2012, 09:20 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues10 View Post
It saves money. Just like how the head coach is also the DC.
They are not saving money with the HC as DC
They are still paying LaPolice
All it does is burke to twice the work for his same pay cheque (well maybe he got a but of a pay bump... I dont know)

Old
10-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Jet
Stand by your man

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
I think you're thinking of Gary Suiter, his color commentator who made the "Oh no " comment.
Haha I guess you are right, I just listened to it again. I always assumed it was Cuthbert that said oh no!

10-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

Just read that Pierce has been knocked out of 26 of his 60 CFL starts. That can't be right, can it?

Old
10-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
Glen Suitor's thinly-veiled hatred of the Bombers is legendary. Climie and Schultz are bad enough, but he makes those two look like they wave blue and gold pompoms.

Quote:
Just read that Pierce has been knocked out of 26 of his 60 CFL starts. That can't be right, can it?
It sure is, and that's not even including the games where he's been 'nicked up' and taken out for a series or two.

Old
10-01-2012, 12:37 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

A Season on the Brink: When All Else Fails, Restart.

Illegal Procedure: A Season on the Brink: When All Else Fails, Restart. In our modern and digital world, this word is synonymous with what one does when an update has been acquired and then installed in your computer. It is a rebooting of the system to stop what was happening, and initiate a new sequence with the intention of new outcome with an improved result. On Saturday night, within the first seven minutes of game, the Bomber defence handed the visiting Argonauts – in the same possession – not one, not two, but three restarts within the Bomber 25-yard line. This does not win football games.

Old
10-01-2012, 10:09 PM
blues10

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
They are not saving money with the HC as DC
They are still paying LaPolice
All it does is burke to twice the work for his same pay cheque (well maybe he got a but of a pay bump... I dont know)
Yup, Burke works twice as hard for 1 check. By not hiring a new head coach it didn't cost any money to fire Lapo. I believe that was Mack's sales job to Butchko.

I know the 1st guy I would have fired.

Old
10-01-2012, 11:07 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues10 View Post
Yup, Burke works twice as hard for 1 check. By not hiring a new head coach it didn't cost any money to fire Lapo. I believe that was Mack's sales job to Butchko.

I know the 1st guy I would have fired.
Completely agree!!!

Old
10-01-2012, 11:08 PM
TroubaFan1

Next season Burke should go back to DC and IMO Khari should be brought in to be our OC. My question is who do we hire as head coach? Im thinking maybe Marcel Bellefeuille.

Old
10-01-2012, 11:47 PM
LadyJet26
Lest We Forget

vCash: 829
Quote:
Haha I guess you are right, I just listened to it again. I always assumed it was Cuthbert that said oh no!
Cuthbert... dude the only time he's been biased was during the Olympics and well... no one minded because we were all cheering for the same team.

Suitor is ****ing awful. A commentator of any sort should never be that biased, but what do you expect from a guy who spent his whole career in green and white. Yuck.

I mute the TV now. Can't stand when he commentates Bomber games. Especially when it's against Saskatchewan. **** dude. You played for a team that won what? Once if that when you played?

Old
10-03-2012, 01:10 AM
TroubaFan1

Can someone please explain why if Buck can't go Burke is going to go with check down Joey? This is a terrible decision.

Old
10-03-2012, 08:29 AM
Ziggy66

vCash: 1291
Because their only other option is Brink. It's a lose, lose, lose situation.

Old
10-03-2012, 08:58 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostmaFan1 View Post
Can someone please explain why if Buck can't go Burke is going to go with check down Joey? This is a terrible decision.
Because Brink is no better

Old
10-03-2012, 10:10 AM
TroubaFan1

I don't understand your logic behind Brink is no better. In 3 quarters against the Riders Joey scored 0 points. In almost a half against Calgary Joey 0 points, Brink comes in on his first drive puts on a 3 points plus has a td dropped by Watson. Over half the game against Toronto Joey 0 points plus 3 picks in the red zone. My points obviously being thats almost 2 complete games worth of time that check down Joey has put up 0 count them 0 points! How can you honestly say Brink or even Goltz for that matter is no better? Plus we can't forget the 61 yard (Riders) and 28 yard (Stamps) passing games check down Joey has put up.

Old
10-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
I don't understand your logic behind Brink is no better. In 3 quarters against the Riders Joey scored 0 points. In almost a half against Calgary Joey 0 points, Brink comes in on his first drive puts on a 3 points plus has a td dropped by Watson. Over half the game against Toronto Joey 0 points plus 3 picks in the red zone. My points obviously being thats almost 2 complete games worth of time that check down Joey has put up 0 count them 0 points! How can you honestly say Brink or even Goltz for that matter is no better? Plus we can't forget the 61 yard (Riders) and 28 yard (Stamps) passing games check down Joey has put up.
You're cherry picking here. Yes, Brink moved the ball against Calgary, but it's debatable how engaged the Calgary defense was with a 27 point league. For all of Elliott's struggles, Brink has looked just as bad when given the chance.

Old
10-03-2012, 10:27 AM
Gm0ney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
You're cherry picking here. Yes, Brink moved the ball against Calgary, but it's debatable how engaged the Calgary defense was with a 27 point league. For all of Elliott's struggles, Brink has looked just as bad when given the chance.
If only we had a decent running back and some kind of ground game...wait a minute...

Old
10-03-2012, 10:43 AM
TroubaFan1

Quote:
So Brink has put up 0 points over basically 2 complete games?

Old
10-03-2012, 10:45 AM
TroubaFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
If only we had a decent running back and some kind of ground game...wait a minute...
You hit the nail on the head. Its amazing when our best QB is in the game we run the ball more.

Old
10-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
So Brink has put up 0 points over basically 2 complete games?
Sure. If you want to pick and choose data points, Brink had a two game stretch where he went 17 of 52 for 260 yards and a 0/3 TD/INT ratio.

Elliott has done very little outside of the game vs. Hamilton, but it's totally revisionist to suggest that Brink has fared better. You might think that Brink has better developmental potential, but the fact remains that neither has shown much to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
What do you mean we don't have a ground game? Receivers getting blown up on a 2 yard hitch or screen pass that DBs see coming a mile away isn't a ground game?

Old
10-03-2012, 11:25 AM
TroubaFan1

Quote:
Sure. If you want to pick and choose data points, Brink had a two game stretch where he went 17 of 52 for 260 yards and a 0/3 TD/INT ratio.
260 yards is alot better than 89. 61 (riders) 28 (stamps). Im not even just saying Brink either, Goltz would be fine. I just don't understand how they keep putting Joey as our #2 guy.

Old
10-03-2012, 11:27 AM
TroubaFan1

Im not trying to have a who's better debate. Im trying to understand why we reward Elliott for getting worse the more playing time he gets.

Old
10-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Im not trying to have a who's better debate. Im trying to understand why we reward Elliott for getting worse the more playing time he gets.
I think some of it might be at Crowton's behest, since Elliott played in a similar system at Purdue, and his quick release makes him better suited for it than Brink. Watching Brink trying to throw those quick hitters with his slow release was painful to watch.

Old
10-05-2012, 11:43 AM
ducky

I really want to see Goltz get some quality time. The season is lost they may as well audition everyone.

Old
10-05-2012, 12:01 PM
SCP Guy

Im pissed they are not playing Buck Monday!!! The most exciting part of watching the Bombers play this year is trying to guess what type of injury will knock Buck out of the game

Closed Thread