HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Flyers Xbox 360 GM Connected League [Period Ends Friday] [Part Three]

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2012, 11:47 PM
BSAINT
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

vCash: 500
EASHL tonight anyone?

Old
10-04-2012, 11:58 PM
dig0
Rookie User

here:
I'm outta town until Monday. Sorry to anyone that's been trying to set up a game with me.

Old
10-05-2012, 12:50 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSAINT View Post
EASHL tonight anyone?
When a puck is approaching you, do you press any button, or just let everything go.

I swear, ever puck goes right through my guy. Doesn't matter if I time the pinch perfectly.

I think I need to throw all my points into skating attributes. Guy can't turn for ****.

First game went well. Afterwards, not so much.

I hit the wrong button at the end of that 2nd game.. accidentally dropped a hip check on a guy without the puck...

Old
10-05-2012, 08:04 AM
leclair1088

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
When a puck is approaching you, do you press any button, or just let everything go.

I swear, ever puck goes right through my guy. Doesn't matter if I time the pinch perfectly.

I think I need to throw all my points into skating attributes. Guy can't turn for ****.

First game went well. Afterwards, not so much.

I hit the wrong button at the end of that 2nd game.. accidentally dropped a hip check on a guy without the puck...
I wonder this myself, also in our GM league when I make a standard pass up the boards to Dmen...it goes right by them...so frustrating when youre actually trying to play some sort of real hockey rather than the normal step out from the corner and shoot.

Also anyone else hate when your CPU players take penalties? Cost me a game yesterday...I dont think they should be able to take penalties

Old
10-05-2012, 01:43 PM
BSAINT
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

When a puck is going around the boards try and not do anything stick or skating wise on the controller (Let go of Left and Right Stick).

For your Pro, I would say once you have more points to spend, put some points in Def Awareness. Also agility since you said something about turning faster.

Old
10-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
When a puck is going around the boards try and not do anything stick or skating wise on the controller (Let go of Left and Right Stick).

For your Pro, I would say once you have more points to spend, put some points in Def Awareness. Also agility since you said something about turning faster.
What about the (fake) vision control / backwards skating. Is it useful to continue holding that if I already am? Should I let it go?

Old
10-05-2012, 01:57 PM
BSAINT
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

On defense I've learned its quite a fragile addition to the game. You'll get burned everytime if you don't time the release of LT.

What I've learned/started using.
If you and the puck carrier have reasonable distance, use it. Skate backwards with him, don't overly spam poke or you will lose all your speed. Now when he changes his angle towards the net, keep holding don't let him around you and stay in the middle of the ice. Keep him outside and your team should help do the rest.

Don't use vision control when trying to pass. I'm not sure what it does with puck receiving but I know for a fact it puts your pass accuracy down when used. Try and learn the saucer pass (RB) very helpful off the boards around defenders.

Old
10-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Advancing...

Advanced.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay

Last edited by Hollywood Couturier: 10-05-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old
10-05-2012, 02:11 PM
McNasty

Quote:
On defense I've learned its quite a fragile addition to the game. You'll get burned everytime if you don't time the release of LT.

What I've learned/started using.
If you and the puck carrier have reasonable distance, use it. Skate backwards with him, don't overly spam poke or you will lose all your speed. Now when he changes his angle towards the net, keep holding don't let him around you and stay in the middle of the ice. Keep him outside and your team should help do the rest.

Don't use vision control when trying to pass. I'm not sure what it does with puck receiving but I know for a fact it puts your pass accuracy down when used. Try and learn the saucer pass (RB) very helpful off the boards around defenders.
Yea you have to release the LT before you grab the puck or you get caught in what I call pivot town where your guy stands in a circle changing directions as slow as possible. I use vision control when passing all the time, the only time your pass accuracy is influenced is when you're skating full speed or when you're trying to pass behind the back or something.

Old
10-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Advancing...

Advanced.
Do we have a plan for simming yet?

Old
10-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Do we have a plan for simming yet?
working on it.

Old
10-05-2012, 02:41 PM
McNasty

Are we free to play some games this period or do you want us to wait?

Old
10-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
I'd like for people to wait.

Old
10-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
I thought that the whole point was to sim the next games?

Old
10-06-2012, 12:33 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Wow what the ****? I never put Omark on waivers how did he get there? Assistant coach send him down during a sim? Also same thing how do I get the assistant coach to not make changes to the lines. I want the young guys on my team to play to improve their ratings every sim Yakupov and Reinhart are scratched. And WTF Why is Omark on waivers Im now at 22 roster players instead of 23 there was no need for that?!

Old
10-06-2012, 12:39 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Wow what the ****? I never put Omark on waivers how did he get there? Assistant coach send him down during a sim? Also same thing how do I get the assistant coach to not make changes to the lines. I want the young guys on my team to play to improve their ratings every sim Yakupov and Reinhart are scratched. And WTF Why is Omark on waivers Im now at 22 roster players instead of 23 there was no need for that?!
Same thing happened to me with Brett McLean. Lost him to waivers even though I never did it. I think the assistant coach does some wacky ****.

10-06-2012, 02:49 AM
PF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Same thing happened to me with Brett McLean. Lost him to waivers even though I never did it. I think the assistant coach does some wacky ****.
Tell me about it, at the moment I can't send down any players because it says it will put me below the salary cap (even players on $.540m). I can't call up any players because I have 23 on my roster. It won't let me make multiple changes before it calculates this.

As a result I'm stuck, I can't move anyone up or down, I can change the lines that the computer has set me with but there are players it has put into the minors that are better than the ones on my team now and like Edmonton I wanted to have some developing.

Old
10-06-2012, 07:03 AM
thelos
Bunk

**** I put in a claim for omark. If I got him I'll trade him back to you EDM

Old
10-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
I picked up Omark and Petrell. I was wondering about whether it was intentional, but because there weren't any trades (which is what triggers this message in other leagues), I assumed that it was intentional.

I'll deal one or both (if you want both) back to you.

I don't think you can turn line changes off, unfortunately. That's why I wanted to make sure we stopped the sim frequently you can reset things.

The only thing to do is make sure that those players are among the best 3 or so at that position on the roster. That should keep them in the top-9 at worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PF View Post
Tell me about it, at the moment I can't send down any players because it says it will put me below the salary cap (even players on $.540m). I can't call up any players because I have 23 on my roster. It won't let me make multiple changes before it calculates this.

As a result I'm stuck, I can't move anyone up or down, I can change the lines that the computer has set me with but there are players it has put into the minors that are better than the ones on my team now and like Edmonton I wanted to have some developing.
The AI doesn't make the best decisions, but a lot of these issues are preventable if you manage your cap. Give MTL a call, maybe they will send you Gomez. Or sign a UFA to an absurd deal (I've seen Chaz Johnson at $7.2 AAV) to make sure you can stay above the floor.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 10-06-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old
10-06-2012, 10:14 AM
PF

Quote:
The AI doesn't make the best decisions, but a lot of these issues are preventable if you manage your cap. Give MTL a call, maybe they will send you Gomez. Or sign a UFA to an absurd deal (I've seen Chaz Johnson at $7.2 AAV) to make sure you can stay above the floor.
I already considered this, if I sign someone from the UFA pool the game initially puts them in the minors and I'm faced with the same problem. My only option as you suggest is to trade a current roster player for a cap dump which will then give me some flexibility to make moves and bring up and send down players I want. I'll cope unless someone wants to send me an expiring contract for Pare.

Old
10-06-2012, 10:21 AM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Old
10-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Jack de la Hoya

So what are we waiting for at this point? Why not advance at least two weeks?

If we do one window a day or so, it will take us the better part of the week to get to the last month of the season--and then those of us who don't figure to make the playoffs will have another few weeks off.

Old
10-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

Quote:
So what are we waiting for at this point? Why not advance at least two weeks?

If we do one window a day or so, it will take us the better part of the week to get to the last month of the season--and then those of us who don't figure to make the playoffs will have another few weeks off.
If we do one day per time time period, it will probably take two weeks to get to the final 10 games.

That's why I'm not a fan of spending so much with breaks in-between sims.

Old
10-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
If we do one day per time time period, it will probably take two weeks to get to the final 10 games.

That's why I'm not a fan of spending so much with breaks in-between sims.
What would it take 14 days?

1 advance = 2 weeks.

We're, what, at Dec. 15 now? Seems like it should take about 5 days to get to March. Maybe 6 advances total.

If we advance every night (or morning, whatever), we should be playing again by next Saturday at latest.

Old
10-06-2012, 01:15 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
I picked up Omark and Petrell. I was wondering about whether it was intentional, but because there weren't any trades (which is what triggers this message in other leagues), I assumed that it was intentional.

I'll deal one or both (if you want both) back to you.

I don't think you can turn line changes off, unfortunately. That's why I wanted to make sure we stopped the sim frequently you can reset things.

The only thing to do is make sure that those players are among the best 3 or so at that position on the roster. That should keep them in the top-9 at worst.

I'm more pissed off that the Assistant Coach that I can't turn off has the power to do it then anything, Omark isn't really that big of a loss, he's not really all that great of a prospect in the game and I still have other depth forwards. The main thing I'm worried about is somehow having my prospects play, at 62 and 57 OVR they are going to be scratched every time for guys like Hordichuk and Potter.

Closed Thread