HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 3.0 - Unbelievable++ Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-05-2012, 08:15 PM
  #251
Rozz
Registered User
 
Rozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Kamloops B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMHABS View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Good one.
thank you! i''ll be here all week... actually i'm pretty much here the entire time im at "work" lol

Rozz is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 08:25 PM
  #252
Rozz
Registered User
 
Rozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Kamloops B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 223
vCash: 500
man, I really like these sarnia anoucers ... Fak they are hilarious!

Rozz is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 08:27 PM
  #253
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Snippin' Yank
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,284
vCash: 597
Sting with their 4th straight 1 goal loss at home (one of those had an ENG though).

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
10-05-2012, 08:32 PM
  #254
Rozz
Registered User
 
Rozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Kamloops B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 223
vCash: 500
ok can any one clearify the last shot by gally? the radio anoucers was yelling that he had put the puck in the net and the other one was like ya but the buzz just went.. was it like a split second kinda thing where the puck crosses the line just after the buzzer goes?

Rozz is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 08:42 PM
  #255
vad87
Registered User
 
vad87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 685
vCash: 500
Brendan Ross ‏@RossyYoungblood
@SeriousFan09 if it weren't for Binnington's stellar play, Galchenyuk would've had 5 points

vad87 is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 08:47 PM
  #256
Nidema
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
ok can any one clearify the last shot by gally? the radio anoucers was yelling that he had put the puck in the net and the other one was like ya but the buzz just went.. was it like a split second kinda thing where the puck crosses the line just after the buzzer goes?
Looked to me to be well after the time expired. You just can't really hear any siren or anything.

Nidema is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 08:49 PM
  #257
That
Registered User
 
That's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,928
vCash: 500
4-3 win for Owen Sound. Galchenyuk finished with 1 goal, 1 assist and a -1 rating.

Galchenyuk was sluggish and tired in the first period. It was honestly the worst I've seen him play this year. He had trouble controlling the puck and wasn't engaging at all. When he did he lost the puck battles. In the second he improved. He kicked it off nice a few nice moves and a beauty drop pass. His goal came off a 2 on 1, where Moore shot the puck and nice rebound landed on Galchenyuk's stick. Later in the period he had a nice hit and also made some nice rushes. He had a few turnovers though. His assist came from a nice pass to Sarault on the Powerplay. Near the end of the 2nd, the puck came to him from a pass and he pulled it between his legs and shot. He could get the shot up, and the defender knocked him over starting a scrum. Galchenyuk ended up getting an offsetting roughing penalty. In the third he was a bit quieter, but played better along the boards and played stronger defensively. He drove the net and created a nice chance. Near the end of the game he played on the point. He fanned on his shot, but a nice scoring chance came from it. At the end of the game he took a shot on net and went immediately to the net, he jammed it home, but time had already expired.

Overall, it wasn't the best I've seen him play, but it wasn't the worst either. He started out playing pretty bad, but improved over the course of the game. He also played another new set of linemates today. Galchenyuk has shown flashes of brillance, but he needs to play better. He's been improving, and there's no reason to think that he won't get better.
_____________

Connor Murphy was terrible tonight. He's been playing fantastic recently but he was a turnover machine and had trouble controlling the puck.

The only defenceman who didn't look absolutely terrible for Sarnia was Duininck. He actually played quite good.

Sarault played had a pretty rough game as well. He's been playing great as late, but looked sluggish.

Goldobin looked fantastic. He showed some great hands and good vision. His shot really needs work though. He looked good on the PK with Galchenyuk.

Owen Sound's Chris Bigras had another good game. He's a solid two-way defenseman. Early on he's certainly looking like a 2nd round pick. He's listed at 6'1", but he seems bigger than that.


Last edited by That: 10-05-2012 at 09:07 PM.
That is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 08:54 PM
  #258
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
2 points in one night? pfff. Grigorenko does that with his eyes closed
With a much much better team...

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 08:56 PM
  #259
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund
 
Lars The GOAT Eller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,270
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by vad87 View Post
Brendan Ross ‏@RossyYoungblood
@SeriousFan09 if it weren't for Binnington's stellar play, Galchenyuk would've had 5 points

seems to be happening every game, wish he had better linemates but i guess it's a learning experience

Lars The GOAT Eller is online now  
Old
10-05-2012, 09:05 PM
  #260
Rozz
Registered User
 
Rozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Kamloops B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
Looked to me to be well after the time expired. You just can't really hear any siren or anything.
thanks thats all i wanted to know

Rozz is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 09:11 PM
  #261
ikelechien
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Braeshore
Country: Canada
Posts: 601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
With a much much better team...
Yes, Quebec has a very good team. Grigorenko looked like he was toying with them tonight. Nice goal to win it, liked that he was only 2 feet from the goalie; if he plays in like that he may live up to hishype yet. However, Galchenyuk is so far much better down low; he was very feisty tonight. However, he wasn't creating much of the rush - that will need to improve if he hopes to live up to expectations.

ikelechien is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 10:02 PM
  #262
niftymove
Registered User
 
niftymove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
Hmmm!
So far, I had the opportunity to watch a few games from the remparts and the Stings and.....say whatever you like......Grigs is dominant and Gally is not!

..But the season just started!

niftymove is online now  
Old
10-05-2012, 10:03 PM
  #263
pine
irregistered user
 
pine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Singapore
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,459
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by denidd View Post
Hmmm!
So far, I had the opportunity to watch a few games from the remparts and the Stings and.....say whatever you like......Grigs is dominant and Gally is not!

..But the season just started!
k...

pine is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 10:03 PM
  #264
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,030
vCash: 500
No love for Brady Vail? Kid is top 10 in ohl scoring this year.

shutehinside is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 10:04 PM
  #265
pine
irregistered user
 
pine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Singapore
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,459
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
No love for Brady Vail? Kid is top 10 in ohl scoring this year.
-3 tonight in a 8-2 loss.

pine is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 10:09 PM
  #266
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
No love for Brady Vail? Kid is top 10 in ohl scoring this year.
Back to back rough games for Vail and Windsor

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 10:33 PM
  #267
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Snippin' Yank
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,284
vCash: 597
Tonight:


Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
10-05-2012, 10:54 PM
  #268
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by denidd View Post
Hmmm!
So far, I had the opportunity to watch a few games from the remparts and the Stings and.....say whatever you like......Grigs is dominant and Gally is not!

..But the season just started!
Are we really going to play that game all year long? There was NO WAY Grigorenko would have been a top 3 pick this year. Not from everybody based on a lot of things. Did he fell too far? I TOTALLY believe it. I kept repeating that the topic wasn't about if Grigorenko was a bust to be, but if he deserved a top 5 pick. Which we had and the answer was no. He didn't deserved it. But he didn't deserve to be pick that far and that's the OTHER teams' problems.

Now, I am a Q fan. Big time. But how about comparing apples with apples? Grigorenko plays in the Q....Gally isn't. Grigorenko plays for a very good team, a powerhouse, a Memorial Cup contender. Gally isn't. NOTHING of what they will do this year suggest who will have a better NHL career. NOTHING.

Hey Philip Danault has 11 goals...he should have gone #1.....(though, Danault WAS a favorite of mine....but you get the point...)

Having said that, I will keep saying what I said BEFORE the draft....Grigorenko will have a very NHL career. It will shut up a few people who were already saying he would have been a bust. But Gally will be PERFECT for us.


Last edited by Whitesnake: 10-05-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Whitesnake is online now  
Old
10-05-2012, 11:11 PM
  #269
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by denidd View Post
Hmmm!
So far, I had the opportunity to watch a few games from the remparts and the Stings and.....say whatever you like......Grigs is dominant and Gally is not!

..But the season just started!
The whole Remps team is quite dominant, this is not only a one man show.. Its easier to shine when you are that surrounded..

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 11:19 PM
  #270
CP31
Registered User
 
CP31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Welland, ON
Posts: 1,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
The whole Remps team is quite dominant, this is not only a one man show.. Its easier to shine when you are that surrounded..
Yup.

CP31 is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 11:23 PM
  #271
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 5,875
vCash: 500
Grigorenko played the entire season last year.

We should expect him to put up superior production to Galchenyuk through at least the midseason mark.

DAChampion is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 11:45 PM
  #272
hogtownhabsfan
Registered User
 
hogtownhabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Are we really going to play that game all year long? There was NO WAY Grigorenko would have been a top 3 pick this year. Not from everybody based on a lot of things. Did he fell too far? I TOTALLY believe it. I kept repeating that the topic wasn't about if Grigorenko was a bust to be, but if he deserved a top 5 pick. Which we had and the answer was no. He didn't deserved it. But he didn't deserve to be pick that far and that's the OTHER teams' problems.

Now, I am a Q fan. Big time. But how about comparing apples with apples? Grigorenko plays in the Q....Gally isn't. Grigorenko plays for a very good team, a powerhouse, a Memorial Cup contender. Gally isn't. NOTHING of what they will do this year suggest who will have a better NHL career. NOTHING.

Hey Philip Danault has 11 goals...he should have gone #1.....(though, Danault WAS a favorite of mine....but you get the point...)

Having said that, I will keep saying what I said BEFORE the draft....Grigorenko will have a very NHL career. It will shut up a few people who were already saying he would have been a bust. But Gally will be PERFECT for us.
Just to play devil's advocate, and I had Grigs above Gally until the combine and even then only had Gally ahead by a hair, but Grigs mono should not have caused him to drop one bit. It was quite clear to me at least that Grigs was the one guy in this draft with 100 point season upside, and the fact his play slipped due to mono was unfortunate but means absolutely nothings going forward...

The point is you can't let "perceived value" stop you from taking the best guy.

I was also on record saying that i would trade next years first Grigs if we could take Gally at 3.

hogtownhabsfan is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 11:58 PM
  #273
HabsPassion
Registered User
 
HabsPassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Just to play devil's advocate, and I had Grigs above Gally until the combine and even then only had Gally ahead by a hair, but Grigs mono should not have caused him to drop one bit. It was quite clear to me at least that Grigs was the one guy in this draft with 100 point season upside, and the fact his play slipped due to mono was unfortunate but means absolutely nothings going forward...

The point is you can't let "perceived value" stop you from taking the best guy.

I was also on record saying that i would trade next years first Grigs if we could take Gally at 3.
Did he have mono during the Canada vs. Russia series? I preferred Hudon over Grigs then..

HabsPassion is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 07:47 AM
  #274
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsPassion View Post
Did he have mono during the Canada vs. Russia series? I preferred Hudon over Grigs then..
If he did then he wouldn't of played I think, but his ''mono'' was mostly during the last portion of the Q season. And you're right he was totally invisible, even playing with Yakupov.

poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 08:59 AM
  #275
Guig
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Qc
Country: Québec
Posts: 1,405
vCash: 500
Quick question, is Gally playing center or wing?

Guig is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.