HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 3.0 - Unbelievable++ Edition

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Rozz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMHABS View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Good one.
thank you! i''ll be here all week... actually i'm pretty much here the entire time im at "work" lol

Old
10-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Rozz

man, I really like these sarnia anoucers ... Fak they are hilarious!

Old
10-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
Sting with their 4th straight 1 goal loss at home (one of those had an ENG though).

Old
10-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Rozz

ok can any one clearify the last shot by gally? the radio anoucers was yelling that he had put the puck in the net and the other one was like ya but the buzz just went.. was it like a split second kinda thing where the puck crosses the line just after the buzzer goes?

Old
10-05-2012, 08:42 PM
vad87

Brendan Ross ‏@RossyYoungblood
@SeriousFan09 if it weren't for Binnington's stellar play, Galchenyuk would've had 5 points

Old
10-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
ok can any one clearify the last shot by gally? the radio anoucers was yelling that he had put the puck in the net and the other one was like ya but the buzz just went.. was it like a split second kinda thing where the puck crosses the line just after the buzzer goes?
Looked to me to be well after the time expired. You just can't really hear any siren or anything.

Old
10-05-2012, 08:49 PM
That

4-3 win for Owen Sound. Galchenyuk finished with 1 goal, 1 assist and a -1 rating.

Galchenyuk was sluggish and tired in the first period. It was honestly the worst I've seen him play this year. He had trouble controlling the puck and wasn't engaging at all. When he did he lost the puck battles. In the second he improved. He kicked it off nice a few nice moves and a beauty drop pass. His goal came off a 2 on 1, where Moore shot the puck and nice rebound landed on Galchenyuk's stick. Later in the period he had a nice hit and also made some nice rushes. He had a few turnovers though. His assist came from a nice pass to Sarault on the Powerplay. Near the end of the 2nd, the puck came to him from a pass and he pulled it between his legs and shot. He could get the shot up, and the defender knocked him over starting a scrum. Galchenyuk ended up getting an offsetting roughing penalty. In the third he was a bit quieter, but played better along the boards and played stronger defensively. He drove the net and created a nice chance. Near the end of the game he played on the point. He fanned on his shot, but a nice scoring chance came from it. At the end of the game he took a shot on net and went immediately to the net, he jammed it home, but time had already expired.

Overall, it wasn't the best I've seen him play, but it wasn't the worst either. He started out playing pretty bad, but improved over the course of the game. He also played another new set of linemates today. Galchenyuk has shown flashes of brillance, but he needs to play better. He's been improving, and there's no reason to think that he won't get better.

Connor Murphy was terrible tonight. He's been playing fantastic recently but he was a turnover machine and had trouble controlling the puck.

The only defenceman who didn't look absolutely terrible for Sarnia was Duininck. He actually played quite good.

Sarault played had a pretty rough game as well. He's been playing great as late, but looked sluggish.

Goldobin looked fantastic. He showed some great hands and good vision. His shot really needs work though. He looked good on the PK with Galchenyuk.

Owen Sound's Chris Bigras had another good game. He's a solid two-way defenseman. Early on he's certainly looking like a 2nd round pick. He's listed at 6'1", but he seems bigger than that.

Last edited by That: 10-05-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old
10-05-2012, 08:54 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
2 points in one night? pfff. Grigorenko does that with his eyes closed
With a much much better team...

Old
10-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by vad87 View Post
Brendan Ross ‏@RossyYoungblood
@SeriousFan09 if it weren't for Binnington's stellar play, Galchenyuk would've had 5 points

seems to be happening every game, wish he had better linemates but i guess it's a learning experience

Old
10-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Rozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
Looked to me to be well after the time expired. You just can't really hear any siren or anything.
thanks thats all i wanted to know

Old
10-05-2012, 09:11 PM
ikelechien

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
With a much much better team...
Yes, Quebec has a very good team. Grigorenko looked like he was toying with them tonight. Nice goal to win it, liked that he was only 2 feet from the goalie; if he plays in like that he may live up to hishype yet. However, Galchenyuk is so far much better down low; he was very feisty tonight. However, he wasn't creating much of the rush - that will need to improve if he hopes to live up to expectations.

Old
10-05-2012, 10:02 PM
niftymove

Hmmm!
So far, I had the opportunity to watch a few games from the remparts and the Stings and.....say whatever you like......Grigs is dominant and Gally is not!

..But the season just started!

Old
10-05-2012, 10:03 PM
pine
irregistered user

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by denidd View Post
Hmmm!
So far, I had the opportunity to watch a few games from the remparts and the Stings and.....say whatever you like......Grigs is dominant and Gally is not!

k...

Old
10-05-2012, 10:03 PM
shutehinside

No love for Brady Vail? Kid is top 10 in ohl scoring this year.

Old
10-05-2012, 10:04 PM
pine
irregistered user

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
-3 tonight in a 8-2 loss.

Old
10-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Back to back rough games for Vail and Windsor

Old
10-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
Tonight:

Old
10-05-2012, 10:54 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Hmmm!

Are we really going to play that game all year long? There was NO WAY Grigorenko would have been a top 3 pick this year. Not from everybody based on a lot of things. Did he fell too far? I TOTALLY believe it. I kept repeating that the topic wasn't about if Grigorenko was a bust to be, but if he deserved a top 5 pick. Which we had and the answer was no. He didn't deserved it. But he didn't deserve to be pick that far and that's the OTHER teams' problems.

Now, I am a Q fan. Big time. But how about comparing apples with apples? Grigorenko plays in the Q....Gally isn't. Grigorenko plays for a very good team, a powerhouse, a Memorial Cup contender. Gally isn't. NOTHING of what they will do this year suggest who will have a better NHL career. NOTHING.

Hey Philip Danault has 11 goals...he should have gone #1.....(though, Danault WAS a favorite of mine....but you get the point...)

Having said that, I will keep saying what I said BEFORE the draft....Grigorenko will have a very NHL career. It will shut up a few people who were already saying he would have been a bust. But Gally will be PERFECT for us.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 10-05-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old
10-05-2012, 11:11 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Hmmm!

The whole Remps team is quite dominant, this is not only a one man show.. Its easier to shine when you are that surrounded..

Old
10-05-2012, 11:19 PM
CP31

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
The whole Remps team is quite dominant, this is not only a one man show.. Its easier to shine when you are that surrounded..
Yup.

Old
10-05-2012, 11:23 PM
DAChampion

Grigorenko played the entire season last year.

We should expect him to put up superior production to Galchenyuk through at least the midseason mark.

Old
10-05-2012, 11:45 PM
hogtownhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Are we really going to play that game all year long? There was NO WAY Grigorenko would have been a top 3 pick this year. Not from everybody based on a lot of things. Did he fell too far? I TOTALLY believe it. I kept repeating that the topic wasn't about if Grigorenko was a bust to be, but if he deserved a top 5 pick. Which we had and the answer was no. He didn't deserved it. But he didn't deserve to be pick that far and that's the OTHER teams' problems.

Now, I am a Q fan. Big time. But how about comparing apples with apples? Grigorenko plays in the Q....Gally isn't. Grigorenko plays for a very good team, a powerhouse, a Memorial Cup contender. Gally isn't. NOTHING of what they will do this year suggest who will have a better NHL career. NOTHING.

Hey Philip Danault has 11 goals...he should have gone #1.....(though, Danault WAS a favorite of mine....but you get the point...)

Having said that, I will keep saying what I said BEFORE the draft....Grigorenko will have a very NHL career. It will shut up a few people who were already saying he would have been a bust. But Gally will be PERFECT for us.
Just to play devil's advocate, and I had Grigs above Gally until the combine and even then only had Gally ahead by a hair, but Grigs mono should not have caused him to drop one bit. It was quite clear to me at least that Grigs was the one guy in this draft with 100 point season upside, and the fact his play slipped due to mono was unfortunate but means absolutely nothings going forward...

The point is you can't let "perceived value" stop you from taking the best guy.

I was also on record saying that i would trade next years first Grigs if we could take Gally at 3.

Old
10-05-2012, 11:58 PM
HabsPassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Just to play devil's advocate, and I had Grigs above Gally until the combine and even then only had Gally ahead by a hair, but Grigs mono should not have caused him to drop one bit. It was quite clear to me at least that Grigs was the one guy in this draft with 100 point season upside, and the fact his play slipped due to mono was unfortunate but means absolutely nothings going forward...

The point is you can't let "perceived value" stop you from taking the best guy.

I was also on record saying that i would trade next years first Grigs if we could take Gally at 3.
Did he have mono during the Canada vs. Russia series? I preferred Hudon over Grigs then..

Old
10-06-2012, 07:47 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsPassion View Post
Did he have mono during the Canada vs. Russia series? I preferred Hudon over Grigs then..
If he did then he wouldn't of played I think, but his ''mono'' was mostly during the last portion of the Q season. And you're right he was totally invisible, even playing with Yakupov.

Old
10-06-2012, 08:59 AM
Guig

Quick question, is Gally playing center or wing?

Closed Thread