HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Fights That Changed Momentum

Old
10-05-2012, 01:00 PM
De Montreal
help

vCash: 500

People forget a lot that fight at the end of the 1st period in that epic 5-0 Habs comeback against the Rangers. Mike Komisarek was pissed. Sure the Rangers scored 2 goals after, but you see there was something brewing already.

This remind me just how much of a dominant force Komisarek was before Lucic swallowed his soul into limbs.

De Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 10:46 AM
voyageur
Registered lunatic

The fight that stands out for me was Lecavalier vs. Iginla in the 2004 SCF. Iginla was a force that entire playoff, and he was beating the crap out of anybody who got in his way. When Lecavalier went toe to toe with him and didn't lose that was a message that Iginla and the Flames weren't going to bully their way to the Cup. And who can forget that sick Lecavalier feed to clinch game 7, after getting cheap shotted in game 5.

voyageur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 07:44 PM
De Montreal
help

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
The fight that stands out for me was Lecavalier vs. Iginla in the 2004 SCF. Iginla was a force that entire playoff, and he was beating the crap out of anybody who got in his way. When Lecavalier went toe to toe with him and didn't lose that was a message that Iginla and the Flames weren't going to bully their way to the Cup. And who can forget that sick Lecavalier feed to clinch game 7, after getting cheap shotted in game 5.
YES!

Ih my opinion this is pretty much Lecavalier's legacy to the league (not for hockey in general because his goal from a ridiculous angle in 2004 against CZE was awesome too).

De Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 11:34 PM
jroc86

Malkin jumping Zetterberg at the end of game 2 in the 09' SCF. Wings were up 2-0 in the series again hdeading back to Pitts. The fight was euro-awful (dont remmeber if Zetterberg even dropped his mitts) but Malkins uncoordinated flailshow in my almost sent the statement of "I *****ing want this more" ... Wings were hurting and tired already and I think this pumped up the Pens. Not to mention there was some letdown and distraction because Malkin got an instigator late which is an automatic 1 game suspension but for whatever reason the suspension was lifted. If Malkin sat out game 3 Im pretty confident it would have been a wrap for the Pens.

jroc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 03:27 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

It wasn't a fight, but I seem to recall a lot of credit to Boston turning the Stanley Cup finals around in game 3 when Shawn Thornton was dressed after sitting in the first two games. His physical presence elevated the team's physical presence and helped change the tide of the series.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote