HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Latendresse...

Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Kirk Muller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
You haven't proved it. I think you meant players who were dressed for most games, not roster players. Sundstrom had a roster spot. He, along with Downey, and Downey was a swing player who was dressed sparingly toward the end of the regular season (the Habs carried 14 forwards, not 13).

I think the point is playing time. Is it worth him platooning in and out of the lineup over the year, or playing full time, 20 minutes a game in junior.

Old
05-09-2006, 03:45 PM
CaptCrunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
I think you're asking too much , very few player goes all in every shift and off course it set them apart but there arent many of those . Just look the the current Habs line-up and you gotta have trouble getting a handfull . For me the biggest issue with Lats is his play in the corners and skating .
I know I'm asking for a lot.

The only point I'm trying to make is that, according to me, it would take that that much for a guy under 20 who never played a game in the american league to break the pro roster of the Habs.

Old
05-09-2006, 04:43 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiK_CH
Let's start this one more time!!

Will Guillaume Latendresse make the team next year???
Gainey said that he will have to proof himlelf one again... lat year wasn't enough??

some says that it's Kost's turn... what about playing both?

If he doesn't become more serious and put effort every single game he will play next year in the Q, he will never make it in the NHL. Hopefully, he had learned his lessons this year and he should know what it really needs to play in the NHL.

Old
05-10-2006, 11:17 AM
Top Corner2

Teams can carry a 23 man roster. That USUALLY translates into 12 (+2 in the pressbox) forwards 6 D-men (+ 1 in the pressbox)+ 2 Goalies.

Lats will go back to junior and try to have the year he should have had this year.

Kost, Lapierre and several others (Ferland? Milroy? Chipper?) will battle it out for the last few remaining spots.

Old
05-10-2006, 12:24 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
Aren't there 14 roster spots at forward? Sundstrom didn't get sent down to Hamilton, did he?

For 12 lineup spots, we're probably looking at one certain opening (Bulis), and then question marks based on whether or not players like Ribeiro and Zednik return.

In any case, I think Latendresse would have to earn a lineup spot in order to stick with the team. And I don't know of any reason to think he'll be ready for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
You haven't proved it. I think you meant players who were dressed for most games, not roster players. Sundstrom had a roster spot. He, along with Downey, and Downey was a swing player who was dressed sparingly toward the end of the regular season (the Habs carried 14 forwards, not 13).
Congratulations, you both caught me on a technicality. Given that this is a conversation about a friggin prospect, I really don't think Sundstroms spot as the 14th forward matters at all, which was obviously the point I was trying to get across, which I'm sure you both realised when you read it.

Old
05-10-2006, 01:29 PM
Joe Cole

Latendresse would be best served with either another year in the Q or a year in the AHL. If the Habs people think hw has nothing left to prove in the Q, then the AHL it is.

Someon else here posted something that I agree wholeheartedly, if the Habs need Lats on the Habs next season, we are in trouble. Let this guy develop, and win something. He needs the seasoning in order to be an impact player down the line.

It does no one good if he comes up, has a good first month, then fades. What would we have done? Taken a prospect and played the future out of him to please a few local journalists. These same journalists would first blame the coach for not using him correctly, then start to ***** about him, then run him out of town. Then they would root for him while he played for Colorado on the fourth line. And then they would find another local boy to champion, then kill. And the cycle continues.

Old
05-10-2006, 01:33 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole
Latendresse would be best served with either another year in the Q or a year in the AHL. If the Habs people think hw has nothing left to prove in the Q, then the AHL it is.

Someon else here posted something that I agree wholeheartedly, if the Habs need Lats on the Habs next season, we are in trouble. Let this guy develop, and win something. He needs the seasoning in order to be an impact player down the line.

It does no one good if he comes up, has a good first month, then fades. What would we have done? Taken a prospect and played the future out of him to please a few local journalists. These same journalists would first blame the coach for not using him correctly, then start to ***** about him, then run him out of town. Then they would root for him while he played for Colorado on the fourth line. And then they would find another local boy to champion, then kill. And the cycle continues.
I think the AHL would be best for Lats next year. Unfortunately, that isn't an option, because he's too young.

Old
05-10-2006, 02:45 PM
Alouette_19

Latendresse will maybe not play in the NHL with the Habs next season but he deserve to play with Hamilton....

Latendresse and Chipchura will be there in two years and will rocks!!!!

For now Kost and Lapierre are more than ready to graduate.....even if I have some doubt about Kost........I wish this guy will not be the duplicate of Ryder????

Old
05-10-2006, 02:49 PM
Fozz

Again, Latendresse does not meet the age requirements to play in the AHL next year. It's the Habs or the Q in his case and there are no other options.

Closed Thread