HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2012, 08:11 AM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
Not to post about the Knights in the Windsor thread, but London will have Patterson/Herbst tandem, returning Maatta, Zadorov, and Raine. They have high hopes for two '96 d-men (John Di Lorenzo and Santino Centorame) with '95 Miles Liberati as a question mark. With a good amount of draft picks still in the cupboard, I think they can contend next year with a couple trades for older D. I count Maatta coming back for a few reasons. Pittsburgh has an abundance of defensive prospects and they traditionally haven't rushed up their d-men. Maatta is good but he is still making rookie mistakes every game. But he plays a ton. With the possibility of every forward returning next year (Broadhurst and Griffith are huge question marks) I don't see why London can't contend next year.
The Knights goaltending projecting to next yr is unproven,their defence takes a big hit with Harrington ,Hughes,Ferry and maybe Maata,not alot there with Raine and Zadorov,despite hopes for Liberati,DeLorenzo and Centome
Upfront pretty darn good thought losing Griffith and Broadhurst would hurt
Alot to happen before everythings settled

Old
10-06-2012, 10:09 AM
hockeylegend11

Worst game of the season for the Spits especially 5 on 5,7 goals against which what they have allowed in the last 5 games combined at even strength
Terrible compete level,best players better start playing like it,way too many of them
struggling
Ben Johnson looks lost out there,Michael Clarke has not done much in the last 4,Pavelka
left hanging far too often
Thought they had a chance when they made it 3-1,a couple penalties and then the a backbreaker goal by Domi and it was good nite
Team confidence seems shaken after 2 bad games,need to bring it against Sarna
who are not exactly lighting up the world
Getting Koko back would be huge,though he is not the total
I expect alot more from the likes of Rychel,Johnson,Clarke and Clark,though I think the older Clark played better last nite,as well as Marchese,Schoenmakers both need to be far more consistent
Overall I am fairly pleased with Maletta,HoSang,Verbeek and Bilcke
On the defence far too soft for my liking,defensive zone coverage was a mess nite,
blown assignments,soft and no good sticks
Seilooff and Posa cant do everything,Sanvido has done well,need more offence from Bateman and McNaughton
I really have no problems with Ebert so far,save the odd dumb penalty
Cant say I blame Pavelka,even though he has allowed 13 goals last 2 games
probably could have been 20-25 were it not for his play having faced nearly 90
shots
I do feel Boughner shoudl have put in DeKort for the 3rd last nite,it was clear to me after
London scored that 4th goal in the 2nd by Domi Windsor"s nite was over
Time to put these last 2 games out the window,get back to basics and play

Old
10-06-2012, 10:41 AM
RayzorIsDull

I can't disagree with anything you have said. If Khokhlachev comes back who sits then? You said you have liked what Verbeek, Ho-Sang and Maletta have brought. Is it likely Bilcke or Clark sitting? To be honest with you I would have no problem with Schoenmakers sitting either the guy has brought nothing to the lineup. Like I said yesterday OA's need to be better.

Old
10-06-2012, 11:19 AM
jughead42

If Koko comes back it would have a huge impact, I don't see how it couldn't. Everyone is belly aching about the Ionin pick, well Koko's return makes it irrelevant. Everyone is moaning about Czinder being given away for Bezuch, (which is funny considering a lot of people didn't want him back as an overager anyway) and Koko's return nullifies that quite well. Would I trade Czinder and an import pick for Koko straight up? I think so, and so would everyone else. I'm sure other things need to happen before Koko makes a return but if it goes down then some people can **** about what a terrible series of moves Rychel made with his imports and overagers. Koko is one of the best playmaking centers in the league if he returns, his addition to the lineup has a domino effect on all 4 lines and makes us a much more dangerous team. Our last two games have been a bit crummy, but London is a favorite to win the league this year and we faced them in their barn. It's not like we got bombed by Erie or something. We're not even 10 games into the season yet, we're sitting second in the division and our best player may be returning. As crummy as the effort was the last two games, it's tough for me not to feel positive about things with his potential addition, it would be huge.

Old
10-06-2012, 11:34 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
I can't disagree with anything you have said. If Khokhlachev comes back who sits then? You said you have liked what Verbeek, Ho-Sang and Maletta have brought. Is it likely Bilcke or Clark sitting? To be honest with you I would have no problem with Schoenmakers sitting either the guy has brought nothing to the lineup. Like I said yesterday OA's need to be better.
The candidate probably would be Studnicka though I am not adverse to sitting a vet
or o/a such as Schoenmakers who has done little since the Kitchener game

Old
10-06-2012, 12:50 PM
RayzorIsDull

Juggy the issue isn't that they are 2nd in their division. The issue is their -11 goal differential which is 2nd worst in the league. Unless they find a way to win every 1 goal game a -11 goal differential isn't goint to get you a 2nd place finish. Khokhlachev should help but is that going to stop Johnson from looking lost, Marchese not working hard and Clarke not playing the type of game he needs to play? The answers have to come from within and that means the leaders need to step up.

Old
10-06-2012, 01:09 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Juggy the issue isn't that they are 2nd in their division. The issue is their -11 goal differential which is 2nd worst in the league. Unless they find a way to win every 1 goal game a -11 goal differential isn't goint to get you a 2nd place finish. Khokhlachev should help but is that going to stop Johnson from looking lost, Marchese not working hard and Clarke not playing the type of game he needs to play? The answers have to come from within and that means the leaders need to step up.
Actually the 11 goal difference came as a result of the last 2 games but you
are spot on about the leadership and the best players must step it up

Old
10-06-2012, 01:37 PM
OHLTG

Have a chance to sit down and really think about the last 24-hours now.

The game:

- fugly. London dominated us and we didn't fight back. It's disappointing because we have the talent to dominate teams. I just question our mentality at times.

- Has anyone seen Marchese, Clarke, or Clark?

- I like Schoenmakers, but if he put all that frustration towards scoring goals, we'd be scoring another 2-3 per game.

- Big game by Bilcke and I'm proud of him. While he got into the fight to try to get the boys going, he also nearly scored and was playing a very solid two-way game. He's improved a fair bit.

- Pavelka was left hanging on almost all of the goals. While London is that good, Windsor isn't THAT bad.

- Oh Domi, sweet Domi...how he hasn't been popped yet, I don't know. I respect the kid for being a goal scorer, but this yap and run mentality is going to cost him one day. Even Downie and Ott answered the bell on occasion.

Regarding Koko:

- We heard about it just before the game. I can't add much more to what's been said besides thank goodness! He'll be a breath of fresh air and, maybe, will get Kerby going a bit. I feel bad for Bezuch, but this is an ideal situation for Windsor. Hopefully he's in the lineup on Monday.

Old
10-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Ottomatic

Rychel should call up Hunter and see if he wants Koko to put them over the top this year, while we could get players back that will be here next year and help diminish the 2013-2014 London team in the eyes of the Memorial Cup bid committee.

Khokhlachev is a much better fit with the skilled London team and I assume there is some hard feelings between the Spits and Koko for the way he left. It might be better for both parties to have him traded to a contender.

Old
10-06-2012, 01:56 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Rychel should call up Hunter and see if he wants Koko to put them over the top this year, while we could get players back that will be here next year and help diminish the 2013-2014 London team in the eyes of the Memorial Cup bid committee.

Khokhlachev is a much better fit with the skilled London team and I assume there is some hard feelings between the Spits and Koko for the way he left. It might be better for both parties to have him traded to a contender.
London would have to give up either Maata or Zadorov and the arent going to
do that
Windsor needs Koko more then they do,they are not the team that needs him

Old
10-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Sec108

I think an OS,Oshawa or Niagara will anty up for a run and might need Koko.what assets could they provide???

Old
10-06-2012, 02:34 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec108 View Post
I think an OS,Oshawa or Niagara will anty up for a run and might need Koko.what assets could they provide???
As much as Niagara did for Kuhnhackl which means another import and draft picks which doesn't help Windsor at all since they have 2 import 1st rounders in 2013. Foolish to consider trading Khokhlachev since imports hold very little value in trade we went through this last year.

Old
10-06-2012, 02:38 PM
OHLTG

Oshawa has one import currently, if I'm reading their roster right. You don't think Dal Calle + picks would be reasonable for Koko?

Old
10-06-2012, 02:46 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Oshawa has one import currently, if I'm reading their roster right. You don't think Dal Calle + picks would be reasonable for Koko?
There is no way Oshawa does this deal a 16 year old for a 19 year old who definitely
wont return for an o/a year
Windsor would do it in a flash I imagine,though waiting for Jan is a long time

Old
10-06-2012, 03:29 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
There is no way Oshawa does this deal a 16 year old for a 19 year old who definitely
wont return for an o/a year
Windsor would do it in a flash I imagine,though waiting for Jan is a long time
Sarnia traded Kujawinski for Spooner rental last season. Or are you just saying Oshawa isn't as stupid as Sarnia was?

Old
10-06-2012, 03:32 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Sarnia traded Kujawinski for Spooner rental last season. Or are you just saying Oshawa isn't as stupid as Sarnia was?
If Oshawa has a chance to go for it, they I can see them doing it.

Old
10-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Ottomatic

Khokhlachev won't be traded unless he's basically demanding one right now because Warren wants him back to feed Kerby gimme's to keep Kerby in the NHL first round in this his draft year.

Getting Kerby drafted as high as possibly is going to be Warren's primary goal this season - it's a difference of millions for his son whereas hosting the Memorial Cup probably doesn't put much money in the ownership pockets.

I fully expect to hear that as part of Koko agreeing to come back he has an iron clad no-trade clause as per his request - just to deflect any criticisms on WR for not moving Koko this year and seeing him graduate away.

Old
10-06-2012, 03:48 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Actually thats exactly what I am saying Oshawa with Jeff Twohey and DJ Smith

will not get fooled or get ahead of themselves by doing a deal like that

Sarnia is and will continue to the price for that deal re Spooner for years to come

Besides Smith knows all about Koko,I doubt he is his type of player when the going

gets tough

Oshawa will look to supplement their bottom 6 forwards and another D-man rather

then going after a Koko type player

Old
10-06-2012, 04:27 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
That's absolutely craziness. Dal Colle is on one of Oshawa's top 2 lines with Jenner and Biggs and it's tearing apart the league.

Old
10-06-2012, 04:38 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
That's absolutely craziness. Dal Colle is on one of Oshawa's top 2 lines with Jenner and Biggs and it's tearing apart the league.
...and Koko wouldn't tear it up with them?

Old
10-06-2012, 04:40 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
...and Koko wouldn't tear it up with them?
Yes he would but for 1 year not 3or 4

DJ Smith loes DelColle he wont be moved

Old
10-06-2012, 05:04 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Khokhlachev won't be traded unless he's basically demanding one right now because Warren wants him back to feed Kerby gimme's to keep Kerby in the NHL first round in this his draft year.

Getting Kerby drafted as high as possibly is going to be Warren's primary goal this season - it's a difference of millions for his son whereas hosting the Memorial Cup probably doesn't put much money in the ownership pockets.

I fully expect to hear that as part of Koko agreeing to come back he has an iron clad no-trade clause as per his request - just to deflect any criticisms on WR for not moving Koko this year and seeing him graduate away.
IMHO I expect that his rights will be traded now..too much water under the bridge. However, if that is not the case and he reports here I don't expect him to arrive with a no-trade clause [WR] could and should tell him to bag his *ss and stay where he is and continue to play poorly on 'daddy's team'. If he really wants to come back to North America he'll have to accept those terms.

Old
10-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Sec108

Did we ever hear why Koko wants back to NA??? Must be that he's playing against men and he's still a kid and cant cut it yet.

Old
10-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Yes he would but for 1 year not 3or 4

DJ Smith loes DelColle he wont be moved
Any body remember the Locke for Carnavallie deal...

Old
10-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec108 View Post
Did we ever hear why Koko wants back to NA??? Must be that he's playing against men and he's still a kid and cant cut it yet.
1G 0A in 13 games. I suspect there is a lot of pressure on him as the GM's kid as well, probably a lot of criticism on both father and son. Given he's a one and done with the team they have no use wasting ice time to develop him and they're probably paying him more than he's worth and thus expectations were further raised.

Some reports have him already Stateside, others say it's completely up in the air and that the Spits took a flyer on him possibly coming back with little risk since Bezuch was not good enough to dress anyways.

Closed Thread