HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs select Sebastian Collberg - 33rd overall

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Pellegrino

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
6:35 of ice time today. Hopefully more NHLers sign with Frolunda so something give's - either back to the J20 league to play tons of minutes or a loan to another team in SEL/Allsvenskan.

It's clear the Frolunda coach is not a fan of his.
Other clubs in SEL and Allsvenskan are showing interest in him.

Frölunda usually wait too long before their prospects get chance. Took way too long time before Lars Eller and Philip Larsen got their fair chances in SEL, not to mention Simon Hjalmarsson... At least Mikkel Boedker was smart enough to leave Frölunda early. Even Erik Karlsson didn't play the entire season in SEL (went on on loan to Allsvenskan) the year AFTER he was drafted. Frölunda have a good junior organization, but they rarely give the kids a fair chance to play in SEL. Someone like Karlsson didn't get many minutes ice time because they choose expensive, established players - mainly imports such as Joe DiPenta - instead.

Frölunda's SEL staff is a complete joke IMO, however rarely talk about it as I get attacked by biased Frölunda fans when I do.

Collberg would be wise to force a move elsewhere.

Old
10-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Well argued Pellegrino. Thanks for the insight.

Old
10-05-2012, 05:33 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellegrino View Post
Other clubs in SEL and Allsvenskan are showing interest in him.

Frölunda usually wait too long before their prospects get chance. Took way too long time before Lars Eller and Philip Larsen got their fair chances in SEL, not to mention Simon Hjalmarsson... At least Mikkel Boedker was smart enough to leave Frölunda early. Even Erik Karlsson didn't play the entire season in SEL (went on on loan to Allsvenskan) the year AFTER he was drafted. Frölunda have a good junior organization, but they rarely give the kids a fair chance to play in SEL. Someone like Karlsson didn't get many minutes ice time because they choose expensive, established players - mainly imports such as Joe DiPenta - instead.

Frölunda's SEL staff is a complete joke IMO, however rarely talk about it as I get attacked by biased Frölunda fans when I do.

Collberg would be wise to force a move elsewhere.
Funny thing is I've been spewing about more playing time for all these players, but they along with many other Frölunda prospects have had a dandy fine development here and quickly became impact players in the NHL or elsewhere. While some other high-end SEL prospects who were given large roles and much playing time like Pääjärvi, Tedenby, Rundblad, Josefson, Lander, etc, are struggling to keep out of the AHL.

I know you love nothing more than to bash Frölunda, but please don't come up with utter lies like you did about Eller, Larsen and Karlsson. I suspect your comment about other clubs showing interest in him also being just that.

Old
10-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Pellegrino

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Funny thing is I've been spewing about more playing time for all these players, but they along with many other Frölunda prospects have had a dandy fine development here and quickly became impact players in the NHL or elsewhere. While some other high-end SEL prospects who were given large roles and much playing time like Pääjärvi, Tedenby, Rundblad, Josefson, Lander, etc, are struggling to keep out of the AHL.

I know you love nothing more than to bash Frölunda, but please don't come up with utter lies like you did about Eller, Larsen and Karlsson. I suspect your comment about other clubs showing interest in him also being just that.
Thanks for proving my point about biased Frölunda fans.

I rarely talk about Frölunda on this message board. Actually only a few times a year. Your own prosects are bashing your SEL staff in media more often than I'm bashing them here.

Actually quite funny that you said things like this about the Frölunda SEL coach:
Quote:
I hope and think that the coach might finally be fired with this poor start.
You also added in another post that you don't think Frölunda can afford to fire the coach due to bad economy. Just another example how you defend Frölunda staff when "outsiders" have critical opinions, which is kinda funny when you don't even seem less critical yourself.

About interest: Collberg recently talked in media and admitted that he's interested in a loan move to Allsvenskan. Things like that make other clubs show interest, especially as Collberg could be a good player for many clubs.

I remember another recent example. Season 2010/2011 Atlanta Trashers second round pick (#34 overall) Calle Klingberg didn't get enough ice time in Frölunda. Then another SEL team (Timrå) snapped him up.

As I said, I agree that Frölunda have a good junior organization, and that many players who played there - afterall they did sign players such as Erik Karlsson, Lars Eller etc from other clubs - are very good (some even world class) nowadays.

But to get some perspective regarding Erik Karlsson, it should be noted that he was only in Frölunda's organizations during two years, so nobody can claim that Frölunda alone made him a world class player. I actually thought it was kinda sad when Erik Karlsson was the most skilled D-man in the league and was sent out on loan to Allsvenskan because Frölunda wanted to play their overpaid veterans instead in SEL... But yep, Karlsson became a world class player anyway.

Old
10-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Et le But

I'm just grateful we finally got a prospect from Sweden relevant enough for people to follow his development so closely.

Old
10-05-2012, 06:39 PM
KRM

So I'm a biased homer when I'm highly critical about the coach?

I know you rarely talk about Frölunda here on HFB, but when you do it's dropping in to various NHL team's prospects threads saying things like player X would be better off if he left Frölunda, and then some other gibberish about the team. Honestly I think it's quite pathetic behaviour, and reflects on how one should value your posts.

And how is it defending the staff when I say that unfortunately they can't afford to fire him? I never wanted Kent Johansson as a coach, I despised it when they signed him and I despise it even more after two seasons with him in control.

I can't remember it, and Collberg may have said that, but there is a big difference between that and you saying other SEL teams and Allsvenskan teams having show interest.

And you sure do put a lot of focus on Erik Karlsson's seven games in Allsvenskan? An 18 year old defenceman weighing 160lbs being sent down after a cold start in the SEL and a career total of ~15 senior games. UNHEARD OF! Maybe you should go to the Sens forum and criticize them for making him play 12 games in the AHL, I mean how could they possibly send him down while adapting to the NHL.

Ok back to topic, yes Karlsson came to Frölunda as a 17 year old after basically not having played any competitive hockey the year before, a critical time for most prospects which he missed out on due to a contract dispute with Södertälje. And here's the fact, in his one season with Frölunda Karlsson went from not being listed in the preliminary rankings to being picked 15th overall.

Old
10-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Pellegrino

Quote:
So I'm a biased homer when I'm highly critical about the coach?

I know you rarely talk about Frölunda here on HFB, but when you do it's dropping in to various NHL team's prospects threads saying things like player X would be better off if he left Frölunda, and then some other gibberish about the team. Honestly I think it's quite pathetic behaviour, and reflects on how one should value your posts.

And how is it defending the staff when I say that unfortunately they can't afford to fire him? I never wanted Kent Johansson as a coach, I despised it when they signed him and I despise it even more after two seasons with him in control.
You're biased because you're critical to the Frölunda coach, but when "outsiders" are having the same opinions, then you're suddently defending him. But don't you worry, everybody that ever read any psychology knows this is a natural behavior as it's some kind of defense-mechanism...

I really don't talk much about Frölunda. Yes, I've stated that player x would be better off leaving Frölunda a few times. I've also stated the same about several prospects in other teams as well.

However, I've been right a few times about Frölunda prospects:
I said that Calle Klingberg should leave Frölunda, which he did by moving to Timrå...
I said that Lars Eller should leave Frölunda, which he did by moving to the AHL...
I said that Mikkel Boedker should leave Frölunda, which he did by moving to the OHL..
I said that Philip Larsen should leave Frölunda, which he did by moving to the AHL...
I said that Loui Eriksson should leave Frölunda, which he did by moving to the AHL...

I never said anything about Viktor Stålberg, even though he left Frölunda after one (1) year in their junior organization to play in NCAA instead. Good for him.

So it's not like my opinions have been totally crazy and unrealistic... In fact many Frölunda prospects left early which was positive for their careers.

As for Erik Karlsson being too bad and too lightweight during his last season in Frölunda... He actually finished the season as a great asset in the SEL playoff when the coach finally realized how good he was, and he played 60 NHL-games during the next season, so I don't think he was THAT bad when Frölunda sent him out on loan to Allsvenskan instead of giving him well-deserved ice time in SEL...

Quote:
I can't remember it, and Collberg may have said that, but there is a big difference between that and you saying other SEL teams and Allsvenskan teams having show interest.
When a prospect like Collberg officially states that he'd be interested in a loan move to Allsvenskan, then you don't have to wait for long until clubs are indeed showing interest. Also notice that this is a fact and not speculation.

Old
10-05-2012, 07:58 PM
ChoseLa

Swedish fans arguing like the Habs and Bruins fans... this is GOLD!!!!

Old
10-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Avim86

Swedish people fighting is not nice!
I know I wouldn't be mind seing some nice Swedish twins :

Old
10-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

They're entitled to their opinion. I'm just thankful both of them keep us updated on Collberg.

Maybe it's just me, but Montreal seems to have terrible luck developing Swedes.

We now have 3 with Collberg, Nystrom and Nygren. Would have been 4, but we let Westin go.

Old
10-05-2012, 09:37 PM
KRM

Quote:
You're biased because you're critical to the Frölunda coach, but when "outsiders" are having the same opinions, then you're suddently defending him. But don't you worry, everybody that ever read any psychology knows this is a natural behavior as it's some kind of defense-mechanism...
Speaking of psychology, you are clearly delusional. When have I ever defended him?

Quote:
I really don't talk much about Frölunda. Yes, I've stated that player x would be better off leaving Frölunda a few times. I've also stated the same about several prospects in other teams as well.

However, I've been right a few times about Frölunda prospects:
I said that Calle Klingberg should leave Frölunda, which he did by moving to Timrå...
I said that Lars Eller should leave Frölunda, which he did by moving to the AHL...
I said that Mikkel Boedker should leave Frölunda, which he did by moving to the OHL..
I said that Philip Larsen should leave Frölunda, which he did by moving to the AHL...
I said that Loui Eriksson should leave Frölunda, which he did by moving to the AHL...

I never said anything about Viktor Stålberg, even though he left Frölunda after one (1) year in their junior organization to play in NCAA instead. Good for him.

So it's not like my opinions have been totally crazy and unrealistic... In fact many Frölunda prospects left early which was positive for their careers.
First of all, it would be really neat if you could actually produce any sort of evidence of these supposed sayings of yours.

But to the point;

Klingberg played a whopping 11 games for Timrå after spending his entire junior career with Frölunda. He had a good first season in North America with a short stint in the NHL. I fail to see how that is a bad thing.

Eller was at a PPG pace for the second half of his last season with Frölunda, and our go to guy during this period, then signed with Montreal. So please explain to me how making a big success in the SEL which lead to an NHL contract is a bad thing.

Boedker left for the CHL, he had made his SEL debut and would most likely have been on par with Eller on the depth chart if he had stayed. His development curve wasn't exactly straight upwards after he was drafted, played his first full season in the NHL this past one. Staying in the SEL a year or two might have been a better choice.

Philip Larsen was our best defenceman and logged big minutes, played special teams. Is now an established and promising young NHL defenceman. You point being?

Eriksson had played two full seasons in the SEL before leaving for NA, needed only one year in the AHL before establishing himself in the NHL. Is today one of Sweden's best point producing forwards in the NHL.

Quote:
As for Erik Karlsson being too bad and too lightweight during his last season in Frölunda... He actually finished the season as a great asset in the SEL playoff when the coach finally realized how good he was, and he played 60 NHL-games during the next season, so I don't think he was THAT bad when Frölunda sent him out on loan to Allsvenskan instead of giving him well-deserved ice time in SEL...
He debuted in the SEL as a 17 year old during the spring, had 7 regular season games under his belt at the start of the next season and was sent to play 7 games with Borås at the start of the season while adjusting to senior hockey. 7 games! You are really grasping at straws here. I followed Karlsson closely both his years here and I can guarantee you that there were transitional problems when he started playing senior hockey, but he was exceptional in learning and improving for every game. He left for the NHL and only needed 12 games in the AHL to adjust, I think you can ask any Sens fans and they'll say that he adjusted very quickly and his third year he goes and wins the Norris. How on earth is that bad development?

Quote:
When a prospect like Collberg officially states that he'd be interested in a loan move to Allsvenskan, then you don't have to wait for long until clubs are indeed showing interest. Also notice that this is a fact and not speculation.
Unless you can prove that a team in fact has shown interest, it is just that; speculations on your part which you try selling off as fact.

Old
10-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
They're entitled to their opinion. I'm just thankful both of them keep us updated on Collberg.

Maybe it's just me, but Montreal seems to have terrible luck developing Swedes.

We now have 3 with Collberg, Nystrom and Nygren. Would have been 4, but we let Westin go.
We haven't really drafted any until recently. And until Collberg they were all marginal prospects at best, Westin, Engqvist and Nygren were one dimensional prospects since day one.

Before we hired Rockstrom, did we even draft a Swede between Naslund and Dahlin and this current group?

Old
10-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 613
I also would like to see proof of Collberg being open to a loan to the Allsvenskan. There was that article 10-14 days ago or so when he said the coach did not speak to him much (see page 25 of this thread) and basically asking for things to change, was there another one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Before we hired Rockstrom, did we even draft a Swede between Naslund and Dahlin and this current group?
A few late round flyers.

Torp late in 2007.

Heino-Lindberg late in 2003.

Johan Eneqvist in the 4th in 2000.

Thomas Rundqvist late in 1983.

Old
10-06-2012, 09:10 AM
strutsboa

Collberg is playing with Axelsson-Axelsson again, but today they are considered as the 4th line. After a couple of very difficult games, Frolunda is favorites to win tonight, so if Collberg gets ~10 minutes, maybe tonight is his chance to shine.

Old
10-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Dada

at what time is the game?

Old
10-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

It's been ongoing since 10 AM ET. Collberg has a shot and just had one that missed the net.

http://www.hockeyligan.se/elitserien-arena/38144/live/

Old
10-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

7:59 of TOI today...Around 1:30 in the 3rd when Frolunda was down 2-1 as he had well over 6 minutes after 2.

Old
10-06-2012, 01:07 PM
KRM

Quote:
7:59 of TOI today...Around 1:30 in the 3rd when Frolunda was down 2-1 as he had well over 6 minutes after 2.
Was moved up to the first line during the second period, but benched in the third in favour of Nicklas Lasu. Only positive note was that he was on the first PP unit in the third, got most of his ice time on that one PP.

Old
10-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
Was moved up to the first line during the second period, but benched in the third in favour of Nicklas Lasu. Only positive note was that he was on the first PP unit in the third, got most of his ice time on that one PP.
So it does sound like he is getting some oppertuneities.
Although,I don't know what the situation is with potential
NHL signings. Now if he could pop in a couple of quick gaols,
maybe that would improve the coach's attitude.

Old
10-06-2012, 05:29 PM
hockeyman*

It'll be nice for him to have an outbreak game soon, if he's able to get on the ice.

Old
10-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Pellegrino

Quote:
Typical Frölunda-coaching to rely on NHL-experience in important game situations while Brynäs gave ice time to their prospects when defending their lead. Kinda sad that Frölunda don't use Collberg, who afterall is a good offensive player, rather than their overpaid experienced guys in those situations...

@KRM - I noticed your post earlier today. I'm not ignoring you, but first I was busy travelling to the Frölunda vs Brynäs game, then I was busy watching the game, and then I was busy celebrating the inevitable and expected Brynäs victory against Frölunda. I'll reply you tomorrow when I'm sober.

Old
10-06-2012, 06:48 PM
KRM

Quote:
Typical Frölunda-coaching to rely on NHL-experience in important game situations while Brynäs gave ice time to their prospects when defending their lead. Kinda sad that Frölunda don't use Collberg, who afterall is a good offensive player, rather than their overpaid experienced guys in those situations...

@KRM - I noticed your post earlier today. I'm not ignoring you, but first I was busy travelling to the Frölunda vs Brynäs game, then I was busy watching the game, and then I was busy celebrating the inevitable and expected Brynäs victory against Frölunda. I'll reply you tomorrow when I'm sober.
Please do, I could use a good laugh tomorrow.

Old
10-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Pellegrino

Quote:
Please do, I could use a good laugh tomorrow.
No problem. You could need a good laugh after that defeat.

Old
10-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Johansson is the only recent Frolunda coach not willing to play the youngsters. Both Dahlen and Melin used the 1989ers frequently and also brought up Karlsson and Tommernes.

Even though you're spewing quite a bit of ******** about some of the players' departures, I do understand where you're coming from with this. Johansson is no doubt bad for the club. You'll have a hard time finding anyone here who approves of him. Fans want him gone. The president and chairman want him gone, because they don't like the way the club is headed with him at the helm. But he will be gone this spring and yes, Frolunda will have wasted three years because Norberg (former GM, resigned in November 2010) hired his boring Stockholm ass.

Last edited by Systemfel: 10-07-2012 at 06:27 AM.
Old
10-07-2012, 01:54 AM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

Can somebody please give this kid a chance over at that organization! A real treat to watch whenever he's allowed on the ice.

Closed Thread