HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

CBA Negotiations

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Harryhabs, fellow chatter on rizon, posted that MTL radio has a source saying :

Heard the NHL will make proposal next week to try to salvage an 82-game season that would start Nov 1st to April 21st. Game 7 of SCF would be June 21st.

Sounds really condensed at first..
Wouldn't be that bad actually..

If it starts by the 1st of November..

232 days total for Regular season and post season..

2011-12 was 248 days

Easily cut off a few days around the All Star game

10-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Yeah, I remember thinking the NBA season was going to be crazy after their lockout, but it ended up being no big deal.

10-06-2012, 04:22 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
I'm not even sure if I want to continue arguing if you can't even admit that the playerse have any wrong doing ever.. At least Jeh(Jack De La Hoya) can admit that they would strike if it got to that point
It's not worth it seriously. Some people are so rediculously set in their ways. Same people that were going to quit supporting the flyers when Richards and Carter left

Old
10-06-2012, 08:58 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

From all the talk that's circulating, Looks like we may be able to save the 82 game season.. Possible that the NHL presents a proposal this weekend or early next week

Old
10-06-2012, 09:44 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
Yeah, I remember thinking the NBA season was going to be crazy after their lockout, but it ended up being no big deal.
They also cancelled like 20-30 games though didn't they?

Old
10-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
They also cancelled like 20-30 games though didn't they?
16 per team but the season started a little more than 2 1/2 months late.. If we get a deal soon, we could get all 82 games in since we are currently only 2 weeks behind

Old
10-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
It's not worth it seriously. Some people are so rediculously set in their ways. Same people that were going to quit supporting the flyers when Richards and Carter left
Holy hypocrisy.

Edit: Yes. I'm so set in my ways that after supporting the owners in the last lockout, I've assessed the circumstances surrounding this one and decided the owners aren't clearly in the right and I've criticized them for it. I've also criticized several moves by the players. I guess trying to look at both sides of the issue is indicative of being stubbornly set in my ways, though.

Before you spread blatant lies about me, you should probably check to see how often I said I'd quit supporting the Flyers after those trades. Actually, I'll save you the time: I never said it.

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 10-06-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old
10-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
Holy hypocrisy.

Edit: Yes. I'm so set in my ways that after supporting the owners in the last lockout, I've assessed the circumstances surrounding this one and decided the owners aren't clearly in the right and I've criticized them for it. I've also criticized several moves by the players. I guess trying to look at both sides of the issue is indicative of being stubbornly set in my ways, though.

Before you spread blatant lies about me, you should probably check to see how often I said I'd quit supporting the Flyers after those trades. Actually, I'll save you the time: I never said it.
Take a chill pill Winston.

Old
10-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Flyerfan808

Assuming the owners are going to propose a scaled rollback, which both sides could agree upon, and considering how much league revenues have been growing over the past 7 years. Is is possible to assume that even if the league scales it back a few percentage points per year: 55,53,51,50,50,50... that the players will still be making relatively the same amount of money.

Year 1: -7% pay cut
Year 2: -7% stabilizes
Year 3: -3%
Year 4: 1%
Year 5: 5%
Year 6: 9%

I'm not an economist but the basic premise is that league revenues stabilize the second year and continue to grow by 4% each additional year.

Old
10-06-2012, 07:07 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
Assuming the owners are going to propose a scaled rollback, which both sides could agree upon, and considering how much league revenues have been growing over the past 7 years. Is is possible to assume that even if the league scales it back a few percentage points per year: 55,53,51,50,50,50... that the players will still be making relatively the same amount of money.

Year 1: -7% pay cut
Year 2: -7% stabilizes
Year 3: -3%
Year 4: 1%
Year 5: 5%
Year 6: 9%

I'm not an economist but the basic premise is that league revenues stabilize the second year and continue to grow by 4% each additional year.
I think most impartial observers expect this to be something close to what a final deal looks like. I actually think that the NHLPA probably knows that as well, though they won't make a proposal that includes it, I guess because they are (with good reason) concerned about what Jacobs and company will do at any sign of weakness.

The owners--or at least some of the owners--want the players to take a much larger initial cut, and I think there's a pretty significant minority that still wants them under 50 percent within a few years. The pragmatists realized a 50-50 split is a good deal (until next time, and the time after, and the time after that, when they'll likely continue to whittle away at the player's chunk).

Old
10-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Take a chill pill Winston.
If you want to incorrectly accuse me of BS, expect me to defend myself. Sorry for not rolling over.

Old
10-09-2012, 04:47 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

I have good news: the lockout is going to end soon. I know this because I am cancelling my Comcast Cable (which I have in one room of the house specifically for Phillies and Flyers games). I am cancelling the cable in anticipation of a cancelled season. For this reason it is almost a guarantee that the day I cancel my cable, the lockout will come to an end. You're welcome.

Old
10-09-2012, 04:55 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
I have good news: the lockout is going to end soon. I know this because I am cancelling my Comcast Cable (which I have in one room of the house specifically for Phillies and Flyers games). I am cancelling the cable in anticipation of a cancelled season. For this reason it is almost a guarantee that the day I cancel my cable, the lockout will come to an end. You're welcome.
If the rumors I've heard about owners being uphappy with players overseas are correct, this may actually happen as you say.

Old
10-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

Quote:
You've taken one for the team. We appreciate your sacrifice.

Old
10-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Flyerfan808

The bards will sings songs of your sacrifice!

Old
10-09-2012, 07:11 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
If the rumors I've heard about owners being uphappy with players overseas are correct, this may actually happen as you say.
I'm going to wait until the end of the week to do it in case something goes through.

Old
10-09-2012, 08:00 PM
PHILOUDELPHIA

espn lol now doing KHL games. steve levy and barry melrose on espn.

Old
10-09-2012, 08:08 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILOUDELPHIA View Post
this + the quote from bryz could be disasterous for the NHL. KHL(with NHL stars Malkin Ovechkin, etc) on ESPN vs NHL on NBC Sports with Crosby Stamkos could get ugly. Especially with NBC Sports not being available every where

Old
10-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILOUDELPHIA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
this + the quote from bryz could be disasterous for the NHL. KHL(with NHL stars Malkin Ovechkin, etc) on ESPN vs NHL on NBC Sports with Crosby Stamkos could get ugly. Especially with NBC Sports not being available every where
It's a tape delayed game.. Once you hear those two clowns doing play by play you'll realize why it's not even a blip on the NHL's radar

Old
10-09-2012, 08:22 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
It's a tape delayed game.. Once you hear those two clowns doing play by play you'll realize why it's not even a blip on the NHL's radar
More people watch and get ESPN. Throw in star household names on top of a lockout id be concerned. Its not like the NBC guys are any better. Doc overselling crosby's sneeze and Pierre's "insight" yeah im concerned. honestly after losing time in now 3 seasons i hope it happens. i hope they stay i hope ESPN picks up the KHL. I hope it creates a ****storm I really do. this is obnoxious

as for it being tape delayed...its in russia what 14 hours off?

Old
10-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
More people watch and get ESPN. Throw in star household names on top of a lockout id be concerned. Its not like the NBC guys are any better. Doc overselling crosby's sneeze and Pierre's "insight" yeah im concerned. honestly after losing time in now 3 seasons i hope it happens. i hope they stay i hope ESPN picks up the KHL. I hope it creates a ****storm I really do. this is obnoxious

Was 7 hours delayed.. Was live on ESPN2 at 1 pm

Old
10-09-2012, 08:38 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Was 7 hours delayed.. Was live on ESPN2 at 1 pm
oh so they are re-airing the games they show live. ah.

Old
10-10-2012, 08:01 AM
Haute Couturier

Quote:

You're dreaming. The only reason there is mild interest in the KHL at the moment is because some NHL stars are playing there during the lockout. When the lockout ends the KHL will completely be forgotten. It is no threat to the NHL.

Old
10-10-2012, 12:45 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

@DarrenDreger:
"Big Four" as @Real_ESPNLeBrun calls Bettman, Daly, Fehr's, met for hour and accomplished little. Big group meets in pm

Old
10-10-2012, 12:52 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haute Couturier View Post
You're dreaming. The only reason there is mild interest in the KHL at the moment is because some NHL stars are playing there during the lockout. When the lockout ends the KHL will completely be forgotten. It is no threat to the NHL.
I agree that this is probable

Closed Thread