HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

CBA Negotiations

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-05-2012, 09:55 PM
  #901
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 81,723
vCash: 50
Harryhabs, fellow chatter on rizon, posted that MTL radio has a source saying :

Heard the NHL will make proposal next week to try to salvage an 82-game season that would start Nov 1st to April 21st. Game 7 of SCF would be June 21st.


Sounds really condensed at first..
Wouldn't be that bad actually..

If it starts by the 1st of November..

232 days total for Regular season and post season..

2011-12 was 248 days

Easily cut off a few days around the All Star game

__________________
Krishna is online now  
Old
10-05-2012, 10:16 PM
  #902
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 34,172
vCash: 156
Yeah, I remember thinking the NBA season was going to be crazy after their lockout, but it ended up being no big deal.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
10-06-2012, 04:22 AM
  #903
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
I'm not even sure if I want to continue arguing if you can't even admit that the playerse have any wrong doing ever.. At least Jeh(Jack De La Hoya) can admit that they would strike if it got to that point
It's not worth it seriously. Some people are so rediculously set in their ways. Same people that were going to quit supporting the flyers when Richards and Carter left

Spongolium* is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 08:58 AM
  #904
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 81,723
vCash: 50
From all the talk that's circulating, Looks like we may be able to save the 82 game season.. Possible that the NHL presents a proposal this weekend or early next week

Krishna is online now  
Old
10-06-2012, 09:44 AM
  #905
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 11,720
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
Yeah, I remember thinking the NBA season was going to be crazy after their lockout, but it ended up being no big deal.
They also cancelled like 20-30 games though didn't they?

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 10:19 AM
  #906
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 81,723
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
They also cancelled like 20-30 games though didn't they?
16 per team but the season started a little more than 2 1/2 months late.. If we get a deal soon, we could get all 82 games in since we are currently only 2 weeks behind

Krishna is online now  
Old
10-06-2012, 11:20 AM
  #907
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 34,172
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
It's not worth it seriously. Some people are so rediculously set in their ways. Same people that were going to quit supporting the flyers when Richards and Carter left
Holy hypocrisy.

Edit: Yes. I'm so set in my ways that after supporting the owners in the last lockout, I've assessed the circumstances surrounding this one and decided the owners aren't clearly in the right and I've criticized them for it. I've also criticized several moves by the players. I guess trying to look at both sides of the issue is indicative of being stubbornly set in my ways, though.

Before you spread blatant lies about me, you should probably check to see how often I said I'd quit supporting the Flyers after those trades. Actually, I'll save you the time: I never said it.


Last edited by Beef Invictus: 10-06-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
10-06-2012, 03:46 PM
  #908
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
Holy hypocrisy.

Edit: Yes. I'm so set in my ways that after supporting the owners in the last lockout, I've assessed the circumstances surrounding this one and decided the owners aren't clearly in the right and I've criticized them for it. I've also criticized several moves by the players. I guess trying to look at both sides of the issue is indicative of being stubbornly set in my ways, though.

Before you spread blatant lies about me, you should probably check to see how often I said I'd quit supporting the Flyers after those trades. Actually, I'll save you the time: I never said it.
Take a chill pill Winston.

Spongolium* is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 06:59 PM
  #909
Flyerfan808
Registered User
 
Flyerfan808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Honolulu, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,001
vCash: 500
Assuming the owners are going to propose a scaled rollback, which both sides could agree upon, and considering how much league revenues have been growing over the past 7 years. Is is possible to assume that even if the league scales it back a few percentage points per year: 55,53,51,50,50,50... that the players will still be making relatively the same amount of money.

Year 1: -7% pay cut
Year 2: -7% stabilizes
Year 3: -3%
Year 4: 1%
Year 5: 5%
Year 6: 9%

I'm not an economist but the basic premise is that league revenues stabilize the second year and continue to grow by 4% each additional year.

Flyerfan808 is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 07:07 PM
  #910
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
Assuming the owners are going to propose a scaled rollback, which both sides could agree upon, and considering how much league revenues have been growing over the past 7 years. Is is possible to assume that even if the league scales it back a few percentage points per year: 55,53,51,50,50,50... that the players will still be making relatively the same amount of money.

Year 1: -7% pay cut
Year 2: -7% stabilizes
Year 3: -3%
Year 4: 1%
Year 5: 5%
Year 6: 9%

I'm not an economist but the basic premise is that league revenues stabilize the second year and continue to grow by 4% each additional year.
I think most impartial observers expect this to be something close to what a final deal looks like. I actually think that the NHLPA probably knows that as well, though they won't make a proposal that includes it, I guess because they are (with good reason) concerned about what Jacobs and company will do at any sign of weakness.

The owners--or at least some of the owners--want the players to take a much larger initial cut, and I think there's a pretty significant minority that still wants them under 50 percent within a few years. The pragmatists realized a 50-50 split is a good deal (until next time, and the time after, and the time after that, when they'll likely continue to whittle away at the player's chunk).

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 08:08 PM
  #911
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 34,172
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Take a chill pill Winston.
If you want to incorrectly accuse me of BS, expect me to defend myself. Sorry for not rolling over.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
10-09-2012, 04:47 PM
  #912
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 11,720
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I have good news: the lockout is going to end soon. I know this because I am cancelling my Comcast Cable (which I have in one room of the house specifically for Phillies and Flyers games). I am cancelling the cable in anticipation of a cancelled season. For this reason it is almost a guarantee that the day I cancel my cable, the lockout will come to an end. You're welcome.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 04:55 PM
  #913
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I have good news: the lockout is going to end soon. I know this because I am cancelling my Comcast Cable (which I have in one room of the house specifically for Phillies and Flyers games). I am cancelling the cable in anticipation of a cancelled season. For this reason it is almost a guarantee that the day I cancel my cable, the lockout will come to an end. You're welcome.
If the rumors I've heard about owners being uphappy with players overseas are correct, this may actually happen as you say.

CS is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 05:36 PM
  #914
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 34,172
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I have good news: the lockout is going to end soon. I know this because I am cancelling my Comcast Cable (which I have in one room of the house specifically for Phillies and Flyers games). I am cancelling the cable in anticipation of a cancelled season. For this reason it is almost a guarantee that the day I cancel my cable, the lockout will come to an end. You're welcome.
You've taken one for the team. We appreciate your sacrifice.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
10-09-2012, 06:07 PM
  #915
Flyerfan808
Registered User
 
Flyerfan808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Honolulu, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,001
vCash: 500
The bards will sings songs of your sacrifice!

Flyerfan808 is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 07:11 PM
  #916
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 11,720
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
If the rumors I've heard about owners being uphappy with players overseas are correct, this may actually happen as you say.
I'm going to wait until the end of the week to do it in case something goes through.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 08:00 PM
  #917
PHILOUDELPHIA
Registered User
 
PHILOUDELPHIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: PHILADELPHIA
Posts: 600
vCash: 500
espn lol now doing KHL games. steve levy and barry melrose on espn.

PHILOUDELPHIA is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 08:08 PM
  #918
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILOUDELPHIA View Post
espn lol now doing KHL games. steve levy and barry melrose on espn.
this + the quote from bryz could be disasterous for the NHL. KHL(with NHL stars Malkin Ovechkin, etc) on ESPN vs NHL on NBC Sports with Crosby Stamkos could get ugly. Especially with NBC Sports not being available every where

TheDrizzle81 is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 08:10 PM
  #919
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 81,723
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILOUDELPHIA View Post
espn lol now doing KHL games. steve levy and barry melrose on espn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
this + the quote from bryz could be disasterous for the NHL. KHL(with NHL stars Malkin Ovechkin, etc) on ESPN vs NHL on NBC Sports with Crosby Stamkos could get ugly. Especially with NBC Sports not being available every where
It's a tape delayed game.. Once you hear those two clowns doing play by play you'll realize why it's not even a blip on the NHL's radar

Krishna is online now  
Old
10-09-2012, 08:22 PM
  #920
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
It's a tape delayed game.. Once you hear those two clowns doing play by play you'll realize why it's not even a blip on the NHL's radar
More people watch and get ESPN. Throw in star household names on top of a lockout id be concerned. Its not like the NBC guys are any better. Doc overselling crosby's sneeze and Pierre's "insight" yeah im concerned. honestly after losing time in now 3 seasons i hope it happens. i hope they stay i hope ESPN picks up the KHL. I hope it creates a ****storm I really do. this is obnoxious


as for it being tape delayed...its in russia what 14 hours off?

TheDrizzle81 is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 08:36 PM
  #921
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 81,723
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
More people watch and get ESPN. Throw in star household names on top of a lockout id be concerned. Its not like the NBC guys are any better. Doc overselling crosby's sneeze and Pierre's "insight" yeah im concerned. honestly after losing time in now 3 seasons i hope it happens. i hope they stay i hope ESPN picks up the KHL. I hope it creates a ****storm I really do. this is obnoxious


as for it being tape delayed...its in russia what 14 hours off?
Was 7 hours delayed.. Was live on ESPN2 at 1 pm

Krishna is online now  
Old
10-09-2012, 08:38 PM
  #922
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Was 7 hours delayed.. Was live on ESPN2 at 1 pm
oh so they are re-airing the games they show live. ah.

TheDrizzle81 is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 08:01 AM
  #923
Haute Couturier
Registered User
 
Haute Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 5,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
More people watch and get ESPN. Throw in star household names on top of a lockout id be concerned. Its not like the NBC guys are any better. Doc overselling crosby's sneeze and Pierre's "insight" yeah im concerned. honestly after losing time in now 3 seasons i hope it happens. i hope they stay i hope ESPN picks up the KHL. I hope it creates a ****storm I really do. this is obnoxious


as for it being tape delayed...its in russia what 14 hours off?
You're dreaming. The only reason there is mild interest in the KHL at the moment is because some NHL stars are playing there during the lockout. When the lockout ends the KHL will completely be forgotten. It is no threat to the NHL.

Haute Couturier is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 12:45 PM
  #924
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 81,723
vCash: 50
@DarrenDreger:
"Big Four" as @Real_ESPNLeBrun calls Bettman, Daly, Fehr's, met for hour and accomplished little. Big group meets in pm

Krishna is online now  
Old
10-10-2012, 12:52 PM
  #925
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor
 
shipwreck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 1,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haute Couturier View Post
You're dreaming. The only reason there is mild interest in the KHL at the moment is because some NHL stars are playing there during the lockout. When the lockout ends the KHL will completely be forgotten. It is no threat to the NHL.
I agree that this is probable

shipwreck is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.