HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Arizona Sports Thread II: DBacks, Cardinals, Suns, Wildcats, Sun Devils, etc

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-05-2012, 12:13 AM
  #226
moosemeister
Registered User
 
moosemeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tempe, Arizona
Posts: 1,417
vCash: 500
How about them Rams guys?? Feels nice to finally win an important game like that

moosemeister is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 12:38 AM
  #227
Naurutger
Free Max!
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,311
vCash: 1025
Tough to win on the road on a short week. While it does not help me, I am calling a easy victory in Glendale next week for 5-1.

Naurutger is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 06:14 PM
  #228
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Tough to win on the road on a short week. While it does not help me, I am calling a easy victory in Glendale next week for 5-1.
The offensive line better show up. 2 straight weeks of Kolb eating grass.

awfulwaffle is online now  
Old
10-05-2012, 10:01 PM
  #229
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 26,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
The offensive line better show up. 2 straight weeks of Kolb eating grass.
Even if we did have a great O line, Kolb and Skelton still need to go.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 12:11 AM
  #230
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Even if we did have a great O line, Kolb and Skelton still need to go.
Eh. Kolb is a ox. 9 sacks! WTF! With an O line that BLOCKS, he would be fine.

doaner is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 12:29 AM
  #231
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 26,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Eh. Kolb is a ox. 9 sacks! WTF! With an O line that BLOCKS, he would be fine.
Not if he doesn't know how to complete passes properly. Kolb has a bad habit or overshooting the ball and not seeing the whole field for more pass options. Last night Larry Fits was wide open 1 on 1 to Kolb's left and Kolb threw to the right where the pass receiver didn't have much of a chance at catching the ball.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 03:43 AM
  #232
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,722
vCash: 500
I'm 27 years old, which means I've been aware of the Cards crappy O line for 17 years.

__________________
This poster should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.
rt is online now  
Old
10-06-2012, 04:57 PM
  #233
Naurutger
Free Max!
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,311
vCash: 1025
Well I certainly dont have the highest expectations but dont get injured and perhaps Arizona can snap Furd in the second half...fyi, looks like the Giants game stole half the crowd today.

Naurutger is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 05:54 PM
  #234
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Not if he doesn't know how to complete passes properly. Kolb has a bad habit or overshooting the ball and not seeing the whole field for more pass options. Last night Larry Fits was wide open 1 on 1 to Kolb's left and Kolb threw to the right where the pass receiver didn't have much of a chance at catching the ball.
Fix the O-line and Kolb will be fine. It's not a mechanics problem. It's a protection problem. Had Peyton Manning come here this season to play behind this O-line we'd be debating whether his career was over.

RR is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 06:05 PM
  #235
Naurutger
Free Max!
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,311
vCash: 1025
Wildcats giving me a wild heart attack

Naurutger is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 06:32 PM
  #236
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,145
vCash: 500
First 'Cats game I've watched this year. Is it a track meet every week?

RR is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 06:48 PM
  #237
Naurutger
Free Max!
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,311
vCash: 1025
Well that is game. Two 4th downs to end the game, Furd will win

Naurutger is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 06:51 PM
  #238
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey
 
mouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Mountain
Posts: 12,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
First 'Cats game I've watched this year. Is it a track meet every week?
Defense optional

mouser is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 06:57 PM
  #239
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
Defense optional
I see what you mean.

RR is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 07:53 PM
  #240
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 26,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
Fix the O-line and Kolb will be fine. It's not a mechanics problem. It's a protection problem. Had Peyton Manning come here this season to play behind this O-line we'd be debating whether his career was over.
Good point on Manning but I guess the only way we wil know with Kolb is if we do have an O-Line that can do the job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
Defense optional
Rich Rod is known for being anti-defense going back to at least his days at West Virginia.


Last edited by Colt45Blast: 10-06-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 08:05 PM
  #241
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 26,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Wildcats giving me a wild heart attack
Just like they did vs OSU and Oregon State. A decent D at this point and our only loss of the season would have been against Oregon.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 09:28 PM
  #242
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,901
vCash: 500
I love UofA. NOT!!!!

I'm bummed ASU has the week off, but they are back to business on Thursday against Colorado.

Anyone in Tucson by the way, I'm going down for a wedding next Friday. Open bar, it's going to be LEGEN.....wait for it.....DARY!!!!

awfulwaffle is online now  
Old
10-06-2012, 09:37 PM
  #243
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 26,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
I love UofA. NOT!!!!

I'm bummed ASU has the week off, but they are back to business on Thursday against Colorado.

Anyone in Tucson by the way, I'm going down for a wedding next Friday. Open bar, it's going to be LEGEN.....wait for it.....DARY!!!!
I haven't been to Tucson in quite sometime. I miss being on 4th Ave.

ASU won't do anything special this Football season as Oregon will have a field day with them.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 09:58 PM
  #244
Naurutger
Free Max!
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,311
vCash: 1025
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
I haven't been to Tucson in quite sometime. I miss being on 4th Ave.

ASU won't do anything special this Football season as Oregon will have a field day with them.
Naurutger approved this post. Its hard knowing ASU avoided Stanford and Washington the last two years but bowl is the goal this year and that Anu kid in two years, watch out!

Naurutger is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 10:49 PM
  #245
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
I love UofA. NOT!!!!

I'm bummed ASU has the week off, but they are back to business on Thursday against Colorado.

Anyone in Tucson by the way, I'm going down for a wedding next Friday. Open bar, it's going to be LEGEN.....wait for it.....DARY!!!!
Ordered season 7 tonight. Can't wait to watch it and season 8

doaner is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 10:55 PM
  #246
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Ordered season 7 tonight. Can't wait to watch it and season 8
Most fans of the show are disappointed, but Season 8 is the first season I'm watching each week when the shows premiere. Season 7 has its moments, and Season 8 so far has been good.

You can't top shows like Slap Bet, and The Playbook, etc.

It's just a good 20 minutes of laughs for me!

awfulwaffle is online now  
Old
10-06-2012, 11:11 PM
  #247
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Most fans of the show are disappointed, but Season 8 is the first season I'm watching each week when the shows premiere. Season 7 has its moments, and Season 8 so far has been good.

You can't top shows like Slap Bet, and The Playbook, etc.

It's just a good 20 minutes of laughs for me!
Man, I wish I was the slap bet commish! Lucky Lilly!

doaner is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 11:15 PM
  #248
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
I haven't been to Tucson in quite sometime. I miss being on 4th Ave.

ASU won't do anything special this Football season as Oregon will have a field day with them.
I never said ASU would do anything lol. I'm an ASU fan though, I can't stand UofA!

awfulwaffle is online now  
Old
10-06-2012, 11:22 PM
  #249
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Good point on Manning but I guess the only way we wil know with Kolb is if we do have an O-Line that can do the job.
Which is why I'm not too down on the guy. I just hope he can stay healthy long enough to get that chance to play behind a decent line. It sure won't be this season.

RR is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 11:27 PM
  #250
SniperHF
Global Moderator
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 15,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
Which is why I'm not too down on the guy. I just hope he can stay healthy long enough to get that chance to play behind a decent line. It sure won't be this season
If by this season you mean this team then we may agree

SniperHF is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.