HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2012-13

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-06-2012, 08:59 PM
  #226
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,426
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Scheif with the game winner at 19:21 of the 3rd! Barrie 4-3 over the Pete's.
I'm bummed that we watched that whole game only to miss Scheifele actually do something.

__________________
Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 09:03 PM
  #227
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,884
vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I'm bummed that we watched that whole game only to miss Scheifele actually do something.
So, what happened with it? They mad at you again?

DespoticNewt is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 09:04 PM
  #228
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,426
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
So, what happened with it? They mad at you again?
No, I guess the data centre with all the streams fell off the internet.

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 09:05 PM
  #229
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,722
vCash: 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Scheif with the game winner at 19:21 of the 3rd! Barrie 4-3 over the Pete's.
Clutch.


Gump Hasek is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 09:05 PM
  #230
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I'm bummed that we watched that whole game only to miss Scheifele actually do something.
Yup, but its good to see that even though he was having an off game he still came through in the end and got the game winner.

surixon is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 09:05 PM
  #231
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,884
vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
No, I guess the data centre with all the streams fell off the internet.
That's good. Yeah. Need to be a bit more discrete with the package in the future.

DespoticNewt is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 09:11 PM
  #232
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,769
vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I'm bummed that we watched that whole game only to miss Scheifele actually do something.
Figures, eh? Ah well - much appreciated!

YWGinYYZ is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 09:18 PM
  #233
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,426
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 10:21 PM
  #234
ps241
2.6% chance
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9,044
vCash: 50
Kosmo has a nose for the net, 2nd leading goal scorer last year for 18 year olds in the OHL behind Yakapov. nice to have a natural goal scorer in our system I really like him as a prospect.

ps241 is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 10:28 PM
  #235
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,884
vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Kosmo has a nose for the net, 2nd leading goal scorer last year for 18 year olds in the OHL behind Yakapov. nice to have a natural goal scorer in our system I really like him as a prospect.
I'm looking forward to seeing him in St. John's in a couple of years.

DespoticNewt is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 10:44 PM
  #236
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,426
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/v...7bb1bbdc649002

Highlights with Scheifele's goal that we missed.

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 11:04 PM
  #237
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,426
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
I also checked out when our prospects are coming into Brandon. Only 3 weekend games, which is a bit of a bummer. And looks like Kelowna doesn't visit at all this year. I might try to go to the Tri-City game and be the Yuen cheering section.

Tri-City @ Brandon - Sat Oct 13 7:30

Swift Current @ Brandon - Sun Nov 11 5:00

Swift Current @ Brandon - Wed Nov 28 7:00

Saskatoon @ Brandon - Tue Dec 11 7:00

Saskatoon @ Brandon - Tue Jan 22 7:00

Saskatoon @ Brandon - Wed Jan 30 7:00

Swift Current @ Brandon - Wed Feb 27 7:00

Swift Current @ Brandon - Sat Mar 9 7:30

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 06:47 AM
  #238
ps241
2.6% chance
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9,044
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/v...7bb1bbdc649002

Highlights with Scheifele's goal that we missed.
Nice hands Mark and perfect timing......love guys who can convert at the big moment especially on an off night

ps241 is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 07:58 AM
  #239
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,884
vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Nice hands Mark and perfect timing......love guys who can convert at the big moment especially on an off night
Aye. Their 3rd period was bloody atrocious. I'm amazed they kept it even, what with all the giveaways, soft passes, turnovers, and lack of sustained presence in the offensive zone.

DespoticNewt is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 11:29 AM
  #240
jetkarma
Registered User
 
jetkarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Nice hands Mark and perfect timing......love guys who can convert at the big moment especially on an off night
I said this before the final game of the Canada Russia 40th anniversary series , I wanted to see Scheifele produce points in a pressure situation . He did of course and he has continued to do that early this season. Some players have it and some don't , and within those that do , some have it more consistently. To me this is a bonus for playing longer in JR , he can elevate and develop that aspect and get more confident in his ability to do that.

Interesting to hear Kevin Cheveldayoff say he saw the AHL opportunity for Burmistrov to do just this , produce points in pressure situations. Just to be perfectly clear he did not casually mention it , he stated it distinctly at least twice. I said early last season that Burmistrov would benefit from some time in the AHL and of course it later then came out in the media and caused fans to be on side of the option or the other. This is a bonus from the lockout , no issue of "being sent down" and there is a lot of premiere talent there this season , so no noses out of joint .

The Jets organization are very happy for this scenario , that is not idle speculation btw.

jetkarma is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 03:32 PM
  #241
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,722
vCash: 1350
Lowell Beats Toronto 5-2 in Exhibition

LOWELL, Mass. – Massachusetts-Lowell beat the University of Toronto 5-2 in an exhibition game Saturday. The River Hawks opened the scoring 7:54 in when freshman Michael Colantone buried a Terrence Wallin rebound. Toronto’s Paul Van De Velde tied the game at one two minutes later, but then Joseph Pendenza scored a pair of goals to give Lowell a 3-1 lead after one. Scott Wilson scored late in the second and freshman defenseman Greg Amlong capped the scoring with a power-play goal in the third. Freshman goalie Connor Hellebuyck played the first half of the game and stopped 12 of 13 shots, while Doug Carr saved seven of eight in the second half. The River Hawks open the regular season against Vermont on Friday.

-Hellebuyck, a fifth-round pick of the Winnipeg Jets, saved 12 of the 13 shots he faced. He gave up a couple rebounds that he seemed a little unsure of, but for the most part he looked solid. There wasn’t much he could’ve done on the one goal — it came on a cross-box pass to a wide-open player on the doorstep. Toronto tested Hellebuyck with a bunch of high shots, but he was able to take away any open space. Being 6-foot-4 certainly doesn’t hurt.

http://blog.collegehockeynews.com/20...-in-exhibition/

Gump Hasek is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 04:56 PM
  #242
EpicGingy
Registered User
 
EpicGingy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 896
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Lowell Beats Toronto 5-2 in Exhibition

LOWELL, Mass. – Massachusetts-Lowell beat the University of Toronto 5-2 in an exhibition game Saturday. The River Hawks opened the scoring 7:54 in when freshman Michael Colantone buried a Terrence Wallin rebound. Toronto’s Paul Van De Velde tied the game at one two minutes later, but then Joseph Pendenza scored a pair of goals to give Lowell a 3-1 lead after one. Scott Wilson scored late in the second and freshman defenseman Greg Amlong capped the scoring with a power-play goal in the third. Freshman goalie Connor Hellebuyck played the first half of the game and stopped 12 of 13 shots, while Doug Carr saved seven of eight in the second half. The River Hawks open the regular season against Vermont on Friday.

-Hellebuyck, a fifth-round pick of the Winnipeg Jets, saved 12 of the 13 shots he faced. He gave up a couple rebounds that he seemed a little unsure of, but for the most part he looked solid. There wasn’t much he could’ve done on the one goal — it came on a cross-box pass to a wide-open player on the doorstep. Toronto tested Hellebuyck with a bunch of high shots, but he was able to take away any open space. Being 6-foot-4 certainly doesn’t hurt.

http://blog.collegehockeynews.com/20...-in-exhibition/
With the way Pavelec is playing in the Czech Republic, maybe we should just put Hellebuyck in net whenever the next Jets game is

EpicGingy is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 10:43 PM
  #243
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,426
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
All we have to report tonight is that Yuen scored his first goal of the year on an empty netter with 1 second left in the game.

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 11:28 PM
  #244
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,067
vCash: 50
Tri-City Americans 5 - Everett Silvertips 3
Last Updated: End Game
Yuen 1-0-1 +1 0pim
3. T.C Z. Yuen, (1) , 19:59 (EN)

garret9 is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 10:05 AM
  #245
YWG
Registered User
 
YWG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Some NCAA Jets prospects updates from this past weekend:

http://troyrecord.com/articles/2012/...4417323047.txt

Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute hockey fans had fun on Saturday night watching the Engineers fill the Acadia University in a 6-2 victory.

All three Rensselaer goaltenders played 20 minutes and each looked good.

Jason Kasdorf turned away all nine shots at him, though the Axmen were getting worn down during the third period which Kasdorf played.

http://www.quinnipiacbobcats.com/spo...201210068hp1dz

Junior Jordan Samuels-Thomas' (Windsor, Conn.) goal with 1:26 remaining in regulation proved to be the difference as the Quinnipiac men's ice hockey team defeated No. 15 Maine, 2-1, at Alfond Arena in Orono, Me. Quinnipiac opens the season at 1-0-0 while Maine begins the year at 0-1-0.

http://boston.sbnation.com/2012/10/7...-fall-to-x-men

Senior captain Vinny Saponari cut into the left side of the offensive zone to open the play and fed sophomore defenseman Josh Manson for his first-career goal, beating X-Men freshman keeper Drew Owsley.

http://blog.collegehockeynews.com/20...in-exhibition/

Yasin Cisse added a third when he poked home a loose puck following a Privitera shot.

http://www.kktv.com/sports/headlines...173063781.html

A pair of sophomore defensemen – Ian Young and Peter Stoykewych – joined second-year winger Charlie Taft in setting up a goal apiece.

YWG is online now  
Old
10-08-2012, 11:51 AM
  #246
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,067
vCash: 50
Some NCAA action

Sat:
Quinnipac 2 – Maine 1
JST 1-0-1 +1 2pim 3shots
3rd. Samuels-Thomas,J.: SLASHING
3rd. Samuels-Thomas,J. (Langlois, Jeremy)

Eastern 3 – St. Francis 4 (Exhibition game)
Saponari 0-2-2 +1 0pim 3shots
1st. Manson, J (Saponari, Reid)
2nd. Vermeersch, G. (Saponari, Karlsson)

Boston 5 – Toronto 0 (Exhibition)
Cisse 1-0-1 +0 15pim 5shots
2nd. Cisse, Y (Privitera, Hohmann) PP

Sun:
Quinnipac 0 – Acadia 2 (Exhibition)
JST 0-0-0 +0 0pim 1shots

Colorado 3 – UBC 1
Stoykewych 0-1-1 +1 2pim 4shots
2nd. Stoykewych, Peter 2min Roughing
2nd. Winkler, S. (Stoykewych) PK
Harstad 0-0-0 +1 0pim 1shots

garret9 is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 12:38 PM
  #247
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,426
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Stream up. PM for details.

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 01:23 PM
  #248
puck stoppa
Registered User
 
puck stoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,538
vCash: 500
JST is one guy that really impressed me at the dev camp this past summer. I didn't know much about him before but at that camp he showed off his size and great shot. I would love to see him play in the CHL as it seems to me that his style of play would fit better with that league.

puck stoppa is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 01:26 PM
  #249
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,722
vCash: 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
JST is one guy that really impressed me at the dev camp this past summer. I didn't know much about him before but at that camp he showed off his size and great shot. I would love to see him play in the CHL as it seems to me that his style of play would fit better with that league.
I liked what I saw of him at the camp as well, though his skating is a work in progress. He is already at least 22 years old IIRC though; too old for CHL.

Gump Hasek is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 01:54 PM
  #250
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*
 
GermanJetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Darmstadt, GER
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,804
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Stream up. PM for details.
what game are you streaming tonight? =)

GermanJetsFan is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.