Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Ottawa 67s 2012-2013 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Canadian91

vCash: 500
What's the status of Keegan Wilson? Any chance of seeing him back soon? We can't afford these 5-6 goals against/game... losses are starting to pile up.

I know Blair isn't really to blame as our D is sub par, but we've gotta get something going here and having the OA between the pipes who's been more solid would help things. Starting to worry about this year.

Old
10-07-2012, 09:38 PM
44 95 plus tax

Jacob Blair is the least of our worries. He has been hung out to dry the last two games.

We need our defence, especially our veterans to start playing better. We need to hire a defense coach to teach them how to play defense. Right now all they are doing is skating around in circles, leaving men wide open for easy goals. We can't control forwards skating wide on the defense. How many goals have been scored like this? We are always second to the puck.

We need to get some forwards. Its been three years in a row that we are short forwards and need defense to step up. How many times last year did we go with 16 or 17 skaters? Last night and today we were short. Either find some one to play with Monahan or trade him to reap something for the next few years. Get rid of Janes. He can't pick up a pass, and when he does he skates in to the zone and then loses it to the defense. We cross the red line dump the puck in and then don't go get it, so its an easy breakout for the other team.

Where is Larry Skinner? He i still listed as an assistant coach, but I have yet to see him at any of the games. At least last year it looked like he was coaching the kids on the bench.

We also need a new head coach. Byrne has done nothing with his teams in three years. So much talent last year, we should have been in the Memorial Cup.

I have been a season ticket holder for 24 years. I lived through the Bob Ellet and Peter Lee coached years. This is by far the worst coached team I have seen. if things don't change, I can see us being in line to break London's record for futility.

Old
10-09-2012, 09:23 PM
GoalieGuy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian91 View Post
What's the status of Keegan Wilson? Any chance of seeing him back soon? We can't afford these 5-6 goals against/game... losses are starting to pile up.

I know Blair isn't really to blame as our D is sub par, but we've gotta get something going here and having the OA between the pipes who's been more solid would help things. Starting to worry about this year.
Even when he comes back I bet you guys will be asking for a trade in between the pipes. Wilson is not a starter in this league, and should not have been thrown into a starting role on a new team. With all respect to him, you look at most other teams starters, and you're choosing the other teams goalie over him almost every time.

Old
10-10-2012, 05:29 PM
vegas

I agree

I must agree with you that Wilson is not a starter, I do think Blair has a nice future but wow he wasnt ready for so many games so soon. This team is a big disappointment especially defensively, what teams average 4 goals per game and still lose all the games for the most part. This is going to be one long year for Monahan and Ceci who deserve a better team on the bench we have now. I think Byrne is now paying for some bad choices in drafts the past three years...whole bunch of third and fourth line type players on this team......by christmas break I bet you Ceci and Monahan ma be traded so that we can rebuild more quickly for next year....and Bye byrne by chrismas if this continues......

Truth hurts sometimes......wish we had more talent but we dont...

Old
10-15-2012, 11:57 AM
Jbcraig1883

Wild fan here to get your opinions on Tyler Graovac...

Is he just getting lucky/hot right, is he benefiting from his linemates, or has he taken his game to another level?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Old
10-16-2012, 01:40 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbcraig1883 View Post

Is he just getting lucky/hot right, is he benefiting from his linemates, or has he taken his game to another level?

It looks like he's finally becoming more consistent.

Any 67s fan for the last half decade can remember stretches where Graovac is a PPG player. But now, as one of the most veteran players on the team, he's taking advantage of his size and experience and putting it to use.

Finally.

Old
10-16-2012, 05:33 AM
ottawah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbcraig1883 View Post

What linemates ...... They are not bad, but unless Ceci or Mohahan has moved to the wing, Graovac is riding no ones coat tails. No, what you are seeing is Graovac at his best.

I'm still not sold on him as an NHL player, and its unlikely if he does make the NHL it will be as a scorer. I see him as a player with a lot of tools, but none of those outstanding. A third/fourth line checker, so this streak is great for us, but ultimately for Minny they need to see more consistent effort (as someone mentioned he is doing that now), a bit more physicality and speed. Hopefully this scoring streak gives him some more confidence and we see it translate into season long production.

Old
11-04-2012, 09:01 PM
shello
@WShello9

If anyone has the 67's iPhone app, do the notifications work for you?

Old
12-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Hacker10

Guess there isn't much to say.

10-3 loss to Saginaw last night.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:42 PM
Johnsb

Had a good game vs OS yesterday. Need to find some scoring.

Any ideas?

Old
01-25-2013, 06:24 AM
Johnsb

11-1

I understand the re-build proses however you can’t just keep doing the same thing over and over. Change something, try new combinations for lines, make players at the very least defensively responsible. Don’t just keep putting the same guys out after getting scored on over and over again just because you gave up a lot to get them.

I understand they are young but the teaching part of it needs to start!

Old
02-26-2013, 01:05 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Do you guys remember Russ Moyer?

Old
04-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Johnsb

Any early predictions for a line-up for next season?

Old
04-14-2013, 03:34 PM
H44

Tyler Toffoli named AHL rookie of the year - awesome - Congrats!

Old
04-15-2013, 07:53 PM
defensehockey19

Did anyone take in the 67's rookie camp? How were Konecny and Henley?

Old
04-17-2013, 01:12 PM
checkmate3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Did anyone take in the 67's rookie camp? How were Konecny and Henley?
Outstanding! Made it up there in time to catch the Saturday night scrimmage, was a full house, Konecny and Henley appear to be the duo to watch for fans. Both delivered as expected, didn't look out of place at all. Scored 3 goals among them as did Fanjoy. Another great talent to watch! Ruggiero and Henley together working as a team. Will be a much improved 67s team from what I gathered. The Ottawa 67s Twitter page has quite a few pictures as well. Looking good!

Old
04-17-2013, 03:18 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate3 View Post
Outstanding! Made it up there in time to catch the Saturday night scrimmage, was a full house, Konecny and Henley appear to be the duo to watch for fans. Both delivered as expected, didn't look out of place at all. Scored 3 goals among them as did Fanjoy. Another great talent to watch! Ruggiero and Henley together working as a team. Will be a much improved 67s team from what I gathered. The Ottawa 67s Twitter page has quite a few pictures as well. Looking good!
Any 96 players drafted last year make an impression?

Old
04-17-2013, 06:14 PM
checkmate3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
Any 96 players drafted last year make an impression?
Not familiar with the players drafted from last year but looked to be approx. 40 kids give or take. Was split into two groups (black sweaters and white sweaters). Can tell you Matthieu Galipeau (black sweater) looked to be the enforcer in the scrimmage with an entertaining fisticuff at the end. Sure to have left an impact. Found out he is a 96. Also Paul Rekai (a 95) from Toronto was very impressionable for a smaller player. Has speed like the wind, unbelievable! 96 Reid Murphy from the US was an agitator, might be just what they need. Team Black appeared to have more of a connection over Team White, but Fanjoy (Team White) was very good. Should be a great rebuild of a team. Sorry don't have much more, Konecny and Henley were what I geared up to see and they clearly were productive together.

Old
04-17-2013, 06:27 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Times are looking up for 67's fans... Henley and Konecny will both be studs. Ottawa wont be at the bottom for very long!

Old
04-17-2013, 06:36 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Henley was a steal at #20. An absolute steal. U probably know better than most, what a fantastic team guy Henley is, how humble and coachable he is. Henley is a future NHL player no doubt. I believe Henley should have been a top 10 pick for the OHL draft.

Old
04-17-2013, 06:40 PM
gerard leublond

What a rebuild!

Civic Centre won't be complete until next season but Scotiabank...here we come! Konecny and Henley are just unreal. Konecny skated like he was solo on ice, got around everyone, took hits and still kept the biscuit! Henley, just a tank! Hit a player centre ice so hard, could have been career ending for sure and he wasn't one of the biggest players. Looked to be about 6' maybe 6'1 off blades and about 200 pounds, big boy for him being a 97 but hit like a 94 or 95. Goalie, Blair a 95 from Ottawa, fantastic! Great future for us fans out here!

Old
04-17-2013, 06:56 PM
checkmate3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Henley was a steal at #20. An absolute steal. U probably know better than most, what a fantastic team guy Henley is, how humble and coachable he is. Henley is a future NHL player no doubt. I believe Henley should have been a top 10 pick for the OHL draft.
What a pick up they got! Not sure how they managed to get him at 20 but they knew going in I'm sure. Talked to Henley and Ruggiero after the camp and what a guy I tell you. Henley so humble and such a team guy that he praised Ruggiero for coming from New York to the camp. Said he knows the backlash of leaving the US to play in Canada and it's a decision only he thought through and came to terms with. Shook hands with the players and wished them good luck. Talk about team guy! I must say Henley is a sure impact player, didn't get the impression that not going in the top 10 was a concern for him, as he stated he just want's to contribute to the rebuilding of the 67s.

Old
04-17-2013, 07:51 PM
defensehockey19

So what does the 67's top 6 forward group look like next year?

VanStralen-Monahan-Blandisi
??-Konecny-??

Where do Kuptsov, Salituro and Abou Assaly fit in?

Old
04-18-2013, 07:42 AM
Johnsb

1st Monahan
2nd Salituro
3rd Konecny

Old
04-18-2013, 08:01 AM
gerard leublond

Quote: