HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Caps players playing in leagues nobody cares about...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-01-2012, 11:03 PM
  #126
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 28,090
vCash: 500
LOL...looks like Laich is playing in front of 500 people in the clip of his goal...

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 11:35 PM
  #127
sunnydaycrash
Registered User
 
sunnydaycrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Portugal
Posts: 3,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
LOL...looks like Laich is playing in front of 500 people in the clip of his goal...
Good

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 01:13 AM
  #128
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
LOL...looks like Laich is playing in front of 500 people in the clip of his goal...
Yeah, but how many reporters did he get to talk to after the game?

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 11:01 AM
  #129
stanleycaps98
I cheer for laundry
 
stanleycaps98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chocolate City
Posts: 3,471
vCash: 500
ESPN is going to carry KHL games. Wake me up in 2014.

stanleycaps98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 01:58 PM
  #130
Millhaus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
Yeah, but how many reporters did he get to talk to after the game?
And did he require and interpreter to conduct any of those conversations because as we all know that is not acceptable...

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 02:17 PM
  #131
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
And did he require and interpreter to conduct any of those conversations because as we all know that is not acceptable...
This is Brooks Laich we're talking about. He's obviously learned both French and German, and Italian just in case, since he arrived in Switzerland.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 03:25 PM
  #132
Hivemind
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 14,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleycaps98 View Post
espn is going to carry khl games. Wake me up in 2014.
espn3*

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 03:33 PM
  #133
Carlzner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 10,871
vCash: 500
Sweet, reading through the thread on the main board, i will be able to watch these games on my Xbox, through the ESPN app. Hope they have English commentators.

Carlzner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 06:26 PM
  #134
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,518
vCash: 500
I hope Gary Thorne does the KHL...

SimplySensational is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 06:50 PM
  #135
Dr John Carlson
Emotional Boys 2001
 
Dr John Carlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,815
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
I hope Gary Thorne does the KHL...
I hear it's going to be Bob Cole...

Dr John Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 08:57 PM
  #136
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 28,090
vCash: 500
Funny...way to work on that relationship with the NHL ESPN.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 05:53 AM
  #137
Yvanoe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 123
vCash: 500
http://www.rts.ch/video/sport/sport-...lyers-1-4.html

Laich with a goal and an assit in yesterday 4-1 win for his lock-out team Kloten.

Yvanoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 08:44 AM
  #138
bonzilla
Registered User
 
bonzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Va
Country: United States
Posts: 846
vCash: 500
So the first E3/KHL game, OV vs AkBars, should be broadcast on E3 today @11:45am est..is that correct?

bonzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 10:50 AM
  #139
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzilla View Post
So the first E3/KHL game, OV vs AkBars, should be broadcast on E3 today @11:45am est..is that correct?
Yes.

SimplySensational is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 01:32 PM
  #140
apollo71426
Registered User
 
apollo71426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 958
vCash: 500
game isn't showing up on my espn3 app on XBL. anyone see it?

apollo71426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 01:56 PM
  #141
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,518
vCash: 500
Ovechkin an assist off shot.

SimplySensational is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 07:02 AM
  #142
Dream Big
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvanoe View Post
http://www.rts.ch/video/sport/sport-...lyers-1-4.html

Laich with a goal and an assit in yesterday 4-1 win for his lock-out team Kloten.
Thanks for the update. How does he look compared to the rest of the team?

Dream Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 08:10 AM
  #143
Yvanoe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Big View Post
Thanks for the update. How does he look compared to the rest of the team?
Well, i didn't see him play personally, since i'm a fan of another swiss team, Fribourg-Gottéron, and i was at Fribourg's game. But, as a caps fan too, i tried to watch Kloten highlights and follow Laich a bit.

He looks pretty good actually. From what i saw on the highlights, he doesn't seems to have trouble with the big ice, played 3 good games, score some points, and seems to have already find some good chemistry with his new line mates, Biber and Hollenstein.

3 games, 3 goals, 4 assists and a +- of +7. He is right now the ten best pointers of the NLA with 3-5 game played less than the others, and 3 best +- of the NLA with his +7. So he helps his team quite a bit.

But his team is only at place 8 (last playoff sport, 12 teams in the NLA), after 8 games (50 games on the calendar for each team before the playoff).

Yvanoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 10:10 AM
  #144
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,518
vCash: 500
2 assist game for Kuzya in 6-0 win.

SimplySensational is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 12:43 AM
  #145
Dream Big
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvanoe View Post
Well, i didn't see him play personally, since i'm a fan of another swiss team, Fribourg-Gottéron, and i was at Fribourg's game. But, as a caps fan too, i tried to watch Kloten highlights and follow Laich a bit.

He looks pretty good actually. From what i saw on the highlights, he doesn't seems to have trouble with the big ice, played 3 good games, score some points, and seems to have already find some good chemistry with his new line mates, Biber and Hollenstein.

3 games, 3 goals, 4 assists and a +- of +7. He is right now the ten best pointers of the NLA with 3-5 game played less than the others, and 3 best +- of the NLA with his +7. So he helps his team quite a bit.

But his team is only at place 8 (last playoff sport, 12 teams in the NLA), after 8 games (50 games on the calendar for each team before the playoff).
A goal and 2 assists in their last game 4-1 win. A goal and an assist in their 7-2 loss. A goal and assist in their 3-2 SO loss. It looks like he is helping in the scoring area each game. As he gets used to the team mates and the large ice I'm sure he will be even better. 42 games to go they should be making the playoffs.

50 game schedule sounds like a nice season compared to the 82 NHL grind.

Dream Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 09:31 AM
  #146
Yvanoe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 123
vCash: 500
Laich with a secondary assist on the first goal of a 2-1 win for his lock-out team Kloten.

http://www.rts.ch/video/sport/sport-...rswil-2-1.html

Ps: Just tell me if you guys can see the video

On another note, i know Backstrom was reported to be closed to sign a deal with Brynas. But, he is also "rumored" in Zug (Switzerland).

http://www.planetehockey.com/news-ev...ger,34985.html

Yvanoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 10:08 AM
  #147
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,518
vCash: 500
Guess no one saw it, but Kuzya 1 assist in 2-1 loss.

Oh yeah and Malkin had his 3rd pointless game so far... =D

SimplySensational is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 11:47 PM
  #148
marchbrown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvanoe View Post
Laich with a secondary assist on the first goal of a 2-1 win for his lock-out team Kloten.

http://www.rts.ch/video/sport/sport-...rswil-2-1.html

Ps: Just tell me if you guys can see the video

No, I can't see the video. The message says it's "not accessible from your country".

marchbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 11:41 AM
  #149
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,518
vCash: 500
Ovi I believe with an assist off a shot 1-0 vs Slovan only 5 minutes into game.

SimplySensational is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 11:56 AM
  #150
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,518
vCash: 500
Ovi with a beauty of a one timer 1g 1a in first period of game.

SimplySensational is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.