HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 7)

View Poll Results: What do you think of NHL 13
Best Game I ever bought 20 7.33%
It is pretty good I like it 147 53.85%
It is okay 60 21.98%
I rather play NHL 12 46 16.85%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2012, 07:14 AM
belkemi1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
Pretend your European prospects are still in Europe (Chances are they're not good enough to get ice time in the AHL anyway) or just don't sign them yet.
I haven't signed them. Players like Axelsson, Järnkrok, J.Johnson and Pulkkinen are still in Detroits AHL team, even when I move them before I start a new game.

Annoying when you use Assisants Best Lines for the AHL and they keep coming up.

Old
10-06-2012, 01:10 PM
Passchendaele

The puck bounces way too much. Sometimes I shoot on net, it hits the goaltender and bounces back in the neutral zone. Sometimes in the stands (outside the said team's zone).

Old
10-06-2012, 06:17 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1125
So cross crease passes never work now? I haven't yet scored a goal on my Be a GM using a cross crease pass, the goalie seems to be superhuman in getting over.

It seems kind of stupid though to almost completely take it away when a lot of NHL goals are scored like that.

What I also noticed is that the net comes loose way too much. Sometimes I knock the puck loose close to the opposition net and it seems like the net always comes off. I've never seen the net come off more than a couple of times in a real NHL game and here it's happening 6-8 times a game.

Old
10-06-2012, 06:24 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by belkemi1 View Post
I haven't signed them. Players like Axelsson, Järnkrok, J.Johnson and Pulkkinen are still in Detroits AHL team, even when I move them before I start a new game.

Those guys are probably signed in real life then. Nothing you can do, it's not a big deal, just pretend they're in Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
So cross crease passes never work now? I haven't yet scored a goal on my Be a GM using a cross crease pass, the goalie seems to be superhuman in getting over.

It seems kind of stupid though to almost completely take it away when a lot of NHL goals are scored like that.

What I also noticed is that the net comes loose way too much. Sometimes I knock the puck loose close to the opposition net and it seems like the net always comes off. I've never seen the net come off more than a couple of times in a real NHL game and here it's happening 6-8 times a game.
It works about 40% of the time for me. It's really not that bad, the worst thing about it is how they other 60% don't go in, but it's still better than a 100% go in every time.

Old
10-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Pay Carl
Pure Grime

It drives me nuts how easily the AI players can knock me over.

They can hit in like rapid succession, so if their first hit doesn't knock me off the puck, they hit me again .1 seconds later and then probably knock me off it... Humans can't do that though. Also computers can hit me from behind going full speed and somehow make me fall, and they can crush you even if they aren't moving. Like if you deke past a defender, and are past him, he will somehow hit you anways and you will go FLYING despite dekeing past him, him missing his first hit, and the fact that you are skating away from him at full speed.

Another thing that irritates me is when you pick up the puck sometimes, your player like automatically starts skating backwards leaving the puck vulnerable to stick checks. For example, say I pick it up in the corner, and want to skate back to the point to get away from the opposing team, my player will skate backwards to the point, or turn really slowly while skating, thus making him really vulnerable to stick checks.

The computer hitting almost makes certain offline game modes impossible to play for me

Old
10-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Pay Carl
Pure Grime

figured some of you might find this funny

me mounting and leap frogging a goalie

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/138083045

also another clip I just made from the same game... pretty funny

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/138084797

Last edited by Pay Carl: 10-06-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old
10-06-2012, 08:58 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
Go Leafs Go

Has anyone else thought they scored a goal and the whistle was blown, however upon looking at the replay it was clearly obvious the puck crossed the line. I know it's happened to me a few times.

Anyway that got me thinking wouldn't be great for NHL 14 where there could be an option to have where we could have one play reviewed, instead of having a goal waived off and then the decision is made to allow it or not.

Old
10-06-2012, 09:13 PM
Nick1219

Can anyone tell me how good Griffin Reinhart gets in the game after a year or two?

Old
10-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by belkemi1 View Post

It's the CPU's way of making sure that your AHL team has enough players to make sure you can ice a full team.
Chances are you don't have enoug players signed to fill your AHL team.

Old
10-06-2012, 10:25 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick1219 View Post
Can anyone tell me how good Griffin Reinhart gets in the game after a year or two?
After one year, usually 70-71 overall. Then huge jump again year 2 to ~82-83.
All of the Reinharts are pretty awesome in this game.

Old
10-07-2012, 01:22 AM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

Just played an online versus play game and it went to OT.

I still had 5 players on the ice and two of them were lined up in the same spot for the faceoff.

Old
10-07-2012, 03:09 AM
David71

what does the latest tuner set include? i havent played in ages.

Old
10-07-2012, 03:11 AM
KevinBieksa3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post

I still had 5 players on the ice and two of them were lined up in the same spot for the faceoff.

lol wat

Old
10-07-2012, 03:44 AM
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
It drives me nuts how easily the AI players can knock me over.

They can hit in like rapid succession, so if their first hit doesn't knock me off the puck, they hit me again .1 seconds later and then probably knock me off it... Humans can't do that though. Also computers can hit me from behind going full speed and somehow make me fall, and they can crush you even if they aren't moving. Like if you deke past a defender, and are past him, he will somehow hit you anways and you will go FLYING despite dekeing past him, him missing his first hit, and the fact that you are skating away from him at full speed.

Another thing that irritates me is when you pick up the puck sometimes, your player like automatically starts skating backwards leaving the puck vulnerable to stick checks. For example, say I pick it up in the corner, and want to skate back to the point to get away from the opposing team, my player will skate backwards to the point, or turn really slowly while skating, thus making him really vulnerable to stick checks.

The computer hitting almost makes certain offline game modes impossible to play for me
HAS TO BE PATCHED.

I'm hoping the new tuner sorts this issue out, because it's been one of the big reasons why I've just put NHL 13 away for a week or so - imagine becoming so fed up with a game that is barely a month old.

I share the same frustrations. CPU players are literally walls on the ice - zero momentum, zero body positioning on your player, and yet they send you absolutely flying. Tone down the aggression and hit checking and you either a) accomplish nothing whatsoever, or b) completely ruin the experience by making the CPU team a bunch of sissies that get over-run, and that's not competitive at all.

Old
10-07-2012, 04:13 AM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:

Oh god, that reminds me of getting a chance on the rebound against the Canucks and having Luongo turn into some kind of jumble of random arms a legs. I wish I would've saved a screenshot, because I don't really know how to describe it. His body looked like the top of a palm tree or something. And yes, before anyone asks, Cthuluongo made the save.

Old
10-07-2012, 07:03 AM
Propane Nightmares
Like a rock

Quote:

This happened to me once playing against a friend on HUT in NHL 11

Old
10-07-2012, 09:53 AM
belkemi1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
Those guys are probably signed in real life then. Nothing you can do, it's not a big deal, just pretend they're in Europe.
No, not many of them are signed IRL. Pulkkinen and Järnkrok are on loan to Europe, so they count. But the rest are players they drafted over the past years.

Old
10-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Falkrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
This happened to me once playing against a friend on HUT in NHL 11

That's different though, that was a common problem in nhl 11

Old
10-07-2012, 02:20 PM
benitovo

Before I started working on my rosters (thanks to PetrPuck's site) I started a BAGM to check out the current rosters, and unsigned European prospects showed up as signed in the mode (well, some didn't show up at all). None of the unsigned prospects listed under "contracts" were from Europe - all CHL. This causes issues since teams can only have 50 contracts, and when these players are counted and bump teams over that 50 contract limit, others get dropped to free agency (Joel Armia for example). I haven't simmed through a year to see if future European draft picks are automatically signed.

Fixing the rosters to move free agents off their old teams helped some teams get under the 50 contract limit. I'm moving any 1992 or younger unsigned European prospects to the CHL, which allows them to show up as unsigned in BAGM (with older prospects that can't be moved to CHL teams I'm either making free agents or leaving them signed, depending on the situation). This helps teams get more contract flexibility, rather than having so many teams with the full 50 at the start of BAGM, making it hard for teams to make any moves.

Old
10-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Passchendaele

I'm sick of being asked the same player in a trade over and over at a rate of like, 2 times a week.

Old
10-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Patchey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passchendaele View Post
I'm sick of being asked the same player in a trade over and over at a rate of like, 2 times a week.
I wish AI was advanced enough to the point we could hurt their feelings with insults, because after the third offer to trade Mark Streit for a 4th round pick in a week, I wouldn't mind the option to rip into the AI until they cry.

Old
10-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Baarle*
Lähme looduses

just had the best NHL 13 online game, I'm team USA, he's team Czech Republic. He goes up 2-0, I comeback 3-2, he comesback 4-3 then 5-3. There is now a minute left in the game, I pull my goalie he scores, 6-3. I leave my goalie out and score 2 goals, 6-5!! Had 8.5 seconds left but could only get one shot and it was saved. Lost but still a lot of fun, oh also went 14 for 14 on faceoffs, I'm quite good at them. It was also on big international ice and my Americans kept wrecking his europeans

Old
10-08-2012, 12:38 AM
Huntershin Karuk
Horvat is Horfat

Old
10-08-2012, 12:44 AM
CarvinSigX
Meh

I rip on people bad for calling for the pass all the time. Tap, tap, tap...

Old
10-08-2012, 01:01 AM
Huntershin Karuk
Horvat is Horfat

It's like playing with four Ryan Keslers.

Closed Thread