http://www.thefirstrow.eu/sport/ice-hockey.html

Haatley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 09:47 AM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury14 View Post
would have to sign an AHL-only contract to play, like Palushaj has done with the Habs.
In his case it's a PTO, so he's limited to something like 50 games (not bad).

Also, Neulion has an AHL affiliation, if anyone wants to pay to watch the games. It's a little pricey for an Internet feed, though ($5-6 per game IIRC).

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 09:19 AM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
First cuts from the Heat yesterday, and Wahl is sent to ECHL again. What happened to this kid? I know he had injuries/concusion issues, but he was touted as defensively sound. You'd think after putting up more the a PPG in Utah last year he'd be able to stick around as depth. Is he a product of the lockout? You'd expect when a few of the players return to the Flames (Bouma/Horak) that a spot may open up for him.
Howse (who apparently wasn't in the best shape yet again) and Patterson were also packing for Utah.

FLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 09:27 AM
Dallas Flames Fan

vCash: 500
Look like Wahl and Howse are busts.

Dallas Flames Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 10:16 AM
Ashasx

Considering where they were drafted, it's hard to consider them that.

Wahl's dedication to hockey was in question before he was even drafted. I know many didn't like that pick at the time. He'd rather be surfing in California than playing hockey in Abbotsford.

Howse's conditioning isn't up to par. He's got a lethal shot, and unfortunately he believed that's all he needed to make the pros.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 06:30 PM
flameaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Flames Fan View Post
Look like Wahl and Howse are busts.
Pretty much. These guys were all Sutter's draft picks. Howse, Cameron (signed as a free agent), Wahl, Patterson. Feaster is still trying to clean up Darryl's mess.

Good news is most of these guys will be free agents after this year.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Noori

Wahl was good pick. He had a phenomenal last year of juniors, came in and scored 10 points in 16 games in the AHL that year. He had a phenomenal camp his first real pro season and didn't look far away from being an NHL guy. Then he gets injured and his career falls apart.

He was a good pick who was just unlucky. Unfortunate, but these things happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashax
Wahl's dedication to hockey was in question before he was even drafted.
Link? Evidence? Last year was the first I'd ever heard of Wahl showing any attitude.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 10:04 AM
King Of The North
Iggy2014GoBruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
Pretty much. These guys were all Sutter's draft picks. Howse, Cameron (signed as a free agent), Wahl, Patterson. Feaster is still trying to clean up Darryl's mess.

Good news is most of these guys will be free agents after this year.
Sutter made some pretty good picks in his last couple of years as GM. Wahl was a pretty good pick at the time (projected late first rounder) and Howse looked like a sweet pick before crapping the bed in the AHL.

King Of The North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 11:53 PM
flameaholic

4-1 final in Game #1.

Walter, Horak, Street, and Baertschi with the goals. Bart looked great in his AHL debut (1 goal and 1 assist), Aliu was his pesky self, and Taylor was solid in net. McCarthy looked good on D as well with a couple of solid defensive plays.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 09:27 AM
Fleury14
Kipper

Nice dangle goal by Bartschi last night.

Liked what I saw from Street last night too.

Fleury14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

I missed the game last night, how did Horak look? I'm actually expecting him to surprise some people this year. Also, any thoughts on Reinhart?

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Rolen
sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I missed the game last night, how did Horak look? I'm actually expecting him to surprise some people this year. Also, any thoughts on Reinhart?
I didn't notice Horak too much other then his goal, maybe I wasn't paying enough attention.

Reinhart was one of the best forwards last night. He's a warrior. He works so hard to create scoring chances. He is very good on the forecheck, which created the first goal for Abby. I don't remember him making any bad plays. I'm a huge Reinhart fan, and I will be surprised if this kid doesn't become a top 6 centre for the flames in the future.

Rolen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 07:53 PM
CalgaryFlames1240

Any streams for tonights game? I can't seem to find any abby ones

CalgaryFlames1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 10:40 PM
sdude5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryFlames1240 View Post
Any streams for tonights game? I can't seem to find any abby ones
they do stream on the abbotsford website.

sdude5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 11:18 PM
King Of The North
Iggy2014GoBruins

Firstrowsports is a good second option as well. I always say I think Reinhart could be like a Pavelski kind of player.

King Of The North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 03:54 AM
HoshiBlitz

vCash: 513
What a ridiculous shot by Sven, couldn't even see the puck until it came out of the net.

HoshiBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 06:51 AM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

Watched some of the game last night, and from what I saw, I really like TJ Brodie's game. While on the ice, he controlled the game with nice slick passes. 3 points in 2 games, too.

TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 09:38 AM
FLAMESFAN

Interesting how Taylor got both starts (looked good too), and in the post game interview Ward said it's his net.
So where are those posters who think Irving is the defacto #2 for the Flames?

Old
10-14-2012, 10:28 AM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 0
Yes, he's still the #2.

Irving's PTO with the Heat is limited to 25 games. Taylor does not have an NHL contract with the club. Taylor is winning games right now, so he's going to continue to play.

Shall I go on? Or do you need to have more obvious information pointed out to you?

Stewie Griffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 10:30 AM
SaintAnton

vCash: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoshiBlitz View Post
What a ridiculous shot by Sven, couldn't even see the puck until it came out of the net.
I'm wondering about Sven as he was interviewed after game 1 saying something along the lines of failing to create plays the way he's used to; right now are we seeing 4 points because of some luck combined with his explosiveness or is he really a dominate 2ppg player at this level?

if the answer is the first are we going to see him by the end of the year turn into a player that can cause the momentum of a game to change every time he steps on the ice like he did in Junior?

I really need to watch these games -.- loved finding winterhawk streams cause Sven was something else compared to everyone around him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
Watched some of the game last night, and from what I saw, I really like TJ Brodie's game. While on the ice, he controlled the game with nice slick passes. 3 points in 2 games, too.
TJ Brodie has me really excited for our blue line I loved his defensive play at the nhl level last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN View Post
Interesting how Taylor got both starts (looked good too), and in the post game interview Ward said it's his net.

Right here.
Outside the the Bruins game where the entire team fell apart he was terrific in call-ups and pushed Karlsson out of the picture.

Taylor is not a member of the Flames he plays on a Heat contract if the Coaching staff and Feaster feel like he can challenge Irving for an nhl role we'll see a contract offer by the Flames until then Irving is the defacto #2.

SaintAnton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 10:56 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
So because Irving doesn't play 2 games in the ahl he has lost his backup spot but when he plays 5 good games in the nhl over the other backup people say its to small of a sample size to say he is a better goalie.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 12:41 PM
FLAMESFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Yes, he's still the #2.

Irving's PTO with the Heat is limited to 25 games. Taylor does not have an NHL contract with the club. Taylor is winning games right now, so he's going to continue to play.

Shall I go on? Or do you need to have more obvious information pointed out to you?
First of all, you don't need to be a jerk. Second, I don't think it's that obvious. A 25 game tryout is not a small number. Unless the Flames feel there is no hope for the lockout to be worked out it makes no sence to be saving those games. The brass are watching the players, you'd think they'd want to watch their best players play. Why is Irving there if not to get some game action? Maybe, just maybe - he is not the best goalie in Abbottsford.

Old
10-14-2012, 12:42 PM
FLAMESFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
So because Irving doesn't play 2 games in the ahl he has lost his backup spot but when he plays 5 good games in the nhl over the other backup people say its to small of a sample size to say he is a better goalie.
It's not just the fact that he did not start the first 2 games. It's the fact that Ward said Taylor is their man.

Old
10-14-2012, 12:57 PM
Rolen
sick

Quote:
First of all, you don't need to be a jerk. Second, I don't think it's that obvious. A 25 game tryout is not a small number. Unless the Flames feel there is no hope for the lockout to be worked out it makes no sence to be saving those games. The brass are watching the players, you'd think they'd want to watch their best players play. Why is Irving there if not to get some game action? Maybe, just maybe - he is not the best goalie in Abbottsford.
If Irving is sitting on the bench as a back-up, that takes up games on his PTO. Unless he is starting he will most likely be scratched.

And you are correct. At this moment Danny Taylor is continuing what he started in last years play-offs. There is no way Ward takes him off after what he did last year. But once Taylor has a bad game- they will give Irving a chance to take that starting job, and so on.

The way you interpret it is as if Irving has busted. He may not be #1 right now for Abby but he is the Flames #1 goalie prospect none-the-less and Irving will get the chance to be Kippers back-up, not Taylor or Brust.

Rolen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 01:24 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 336
Lol Flames fans constantly doubting Irving, I thought Ortio was better ?? Keep doubting him, he's definately our top goalie prospect and #2 on the depth charts.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote