HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

News from Around the League - Part XXXIII - The "No, you go first" edition

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2012, 03:46 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
ur dum abo
nah-aw

Old
10-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip778000#clip778000

Players talking about going overseas. Clarkson at 2:30.

Old
10-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Looks like I'll be cheering for Towelqvist soon!

Old
10-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoDiablo View Post
There needs to be SOMETHING done.

Otherwise,

@#$% THIS COMPANY.
hahaha Jim Cornette Botchamania reference

Old
10-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Looks like I'll be cheering for Towelqvist soon!
Indians fan? Curious how Duchene`s game translates. Aside from one play, he looked totally lost during last year`s WCH.

Old
10-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Indians fan? Curious how Duchene`s game translates. Aside from one play, he looked totally lost during last year`s WCH.
Yeah, "Indians"... I'm sure he'll be fine. If guys like Jason Krog can dominate here, so should MD.

Old
10-06-2012, 07:59 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessarmy View Post
hahaha Jim Cornette Botchamania reference
Can you imagine Jim Cornette coaching a Hockey Team?

Old
10-06-2012, 09:41 PM
apice3*

Florida/NJ Game 6 is on NHL Network right now

Old
10-06-2012, 11:40 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzieMy instincts say we'll lose the whole year but we've still got a month or two to salvage a Dec or Jan start up, so we'll see.
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzieI suspect we'll see our first real movement from either side in coming week but whether that creates legit traction for talks, who knows?
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzieAt this point, I don't doubt either side's resolve. That may be the problem. Owners think players will cave. Players think owners will cave.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
I think, like last time, we'll lose the season before anyone blinks.

Old
10-06-2012, 11:53 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Florida/NJ Game 6 is on NHL Network right now
The irony of that game and series was I was worried the Devils couldn't score on Clemmer cause he was in their heads. Though in reality if it weren't for his BRUTAL goaltending in game 6 with the soft goals we might not have won that series. If Theodore played game 6, and we beat him, he may have rebounded better and beat us in 7. Just like he did when he was put back in and shut us out in game 5.

Right now though they got game 6 between the Flyers, and Pens. We can watch POS MAF's softy fest. Man MAF really does suck though. Our record against Vokoun probably isn't as good historically as against the flower. They made a good choice picking him up. MAF was brutal in that series.

Old
10-06-2012, 11:57 PM
CerebralGenesis

That's nice cause I don't.

Old
10-07-2012, 12:48 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzieMy instincts say we'll lose the whole year but we've still got a month or two to salvage a Dec or Jan start up, so we'll see.
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzieI suspect we'll see our first real movement from either side in coming week but whether that creates legit traction for talks, who knows?
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzieAt this point, I don't doubt either side's resolve. That may be the problem. Owners think players will cave. Players think owners will cave.

See this is exactly what I mean right here. The other day it seems like good news. Both sides giving slight hints that a compromise might be in the works. I knew not to get excited either cause this thing goes up and down like a roller coast.

Like I've been saying for a couple weeks now. I don't think the season will be cancelled completely, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Old
10-07-2012, 01:00 AM
TheUnseenHand
madest thou look

I think there is a greater chance we lose the whole season than salvage any of it.

Old
10-07-2012, 02:30 AM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

I'm getting the vibe we should all be getting optimistic.

Old
10-07-2012, 08:07 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post

Ugh, this really pisses me off. We know both sides are tough, they don't need to keep grandstanding to show that. It's like compromise has become a dirty word. Ridiculous.

Old
10-07-2012, 08:52 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Ugh, this really pisses me off. We know both sides are tough, they don't need to keep grandstanding to show that. It's like compromise has become a dirty word. Ridiculous.
It's the way the federal government works with the left and right every day, why should we be surprised sports treats compromise as a four-letter word too?

Old
10-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Unfortunately, this is basically the same logic as the United States used during the Cold War. Neither side wants to be seen as the one that backed down here, because of the precedent that would set. In bargaining, reputation for resolve matters.

Actually, one of the reasons the players union is being so stingy is because of the perception that they backed down last time. They can't afford to be seen as something the owners can just push around, because it ruins their bargaining position in future iterations of the conflict.

Also, don't underestimate the personal reputations. Gary Bettman and Don Fehr both have reputations as hard bargainers who can't be pushed around, as guys who don't back down. That is a valuable asset, and if either one of seen as blinking first here, it could hurt their personal reputation as negotiators and harm future job prospects.

Perhaps most importantly, it's clear that they believe their reputations matter, whether or not they actually have any genuine impact on the outcomes of these bargaining situations. So, like the U.S. in Vietnam fighting over reputation for resolve that may or may not have actually mattered, both sides are going to go to the mat over this.

Old
10-07-2012, 09:13 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Please tell me this is true, I'd love to see the owners revolt on that little weasel (btw Allan Walsh is a big player agent):

Quote:
@walsha: After spending most of the day on the phone, the one truth no one on the NHL side wants us to know- Bettman is losing control of his room.
@walsha: Over the next few days, I'll be able to share facts on NHL owners who don't support the lockout and want to play now. Figure it out.
@walsha: Why did Bettman/Daly sneak into Toronto for secret meeting w/ the NHLPA? He's feeling heat from owners. Being told, "we can't lose season."
I do hope 'some' owners are realizing they can't take it for granted the game will go on status quo if there's another major lockout.

Old
10-07-2012, 10:01 AM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

Thanks NHL & Don My plan was to take my Daughter to game when she is home on break, and you ****ed those plans up. Figure this **** out so the people that make your sport work can enjoy.

Old
10-07-2012, 10:23 AM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

I'm not an expert on this matter. But this seems like it should be a lot more simple than Fehr and Bettman are making it. I've witnessed several labor disputes in sports without knowing the meat and potatoes of any of them.

Old
10-07-2012, 10:38 AM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
The irony of that game and series was I was worried the Devils couldn't score on Clemmer cause he was in their heads. Though in reality if it weren't for his BRUTAL goaltending in game 6 with the soft goals we might not have won that series. If Theodore played game 6, and we beat him, he may have rebounded better and beat us in 7. Just like he did when he was put back in and shut us out in game 5.

Right now though they got game 6 between the Flyers, and Pens. We can watch POS MAF's softy fest. Man MAF really does suck though. Our record against Vokoun probably isn't as good historically as against the flower. They made a good choice picking him up. MAF was brutal in that series.
i dont think hated a goalie as much as him.... what a ****in ****** bag pos bananna pads ********

Old
10-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Please tell me this is true, I'd love to see the owners revolt on that little weasel (btw Allan Walsh is a big player agent):

I do hope 'some' owners are realizing they can't take it for granted the game will go on status quo if there's another major lockout.
Vanderbeek is definitely one of them. He's ****ed on his loans if he doesn't get any revenue from this season.

Old
10-07-2012, 01:02 PM
HeliDevil
Legendary

There's no reason we should lose any of this season. Eventually they're going to have to compromise, do it now. This is ridiculous.

Old
10-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Vanderbeek is definitely one of them. He's ****ed on his loans if he doesn't get any revenue from this season.
That's not entirely true because the arena will still be making money from concerts, shows, and Seton Hall basketball games that will be going on - October isn't very active there, but November and December have a good amount of events lined up and you have to remember, Vanderbeek is the head of Devils Arena Entertainment which operates the arena

Obviously they won't make as much as Devils games but those events should bring some dough in

Old
10-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
That's not entirely true because the arena will still be making money from concerts, shows, and Seton Hall basketball games that will be going on - October isn't very active there, but November and December have a good amount of events lined up and you have to remember, Vanderbeek is the head of Devils Arena Entertainment which operates the arena

Obviously they won't make as much as Devils games but those events should bring some dough in
Not to mention the 50+ million in salary they won't have to dish out that can go right to lenders.

Closed Thread