HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

The Titans\Vols\Dores\Whatever other sport thread(IT ALL GOES HERE) Part II

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2012, 02:50 PM
theLongR0D
Classless

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Of course, in the bad old days when a certain bald Canadian former billionaire tried to buy the Preds and move them to the GTA. Some of us fans, like me for example, built up a callous psychological scab be cause of rather narrow minded, arrogant Canadian fans who where cheerleading the relocation of the Preds.

To say there is a rage towards those close minded mouthbreathers is an understatement.
oh I see, TBH I forgot all about that fiasco a few years back. If it makes you feel any better Blackberry is seemingly circling the bowl since they refuse to come out with anything remotely competitive with Samsung and Apple. Sorry to hear about the bad experience with a few jerks on the internet, but I assure you we are as friendly as advertised for the most part.

Cheers

Old
09-25-2012, 02:57 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLongR0D View Post
oh I see, TBH I forgot all about that fiasco a few years back. If it makes you feel any better Blackberry is seemingly circling the bowl since they refuse to come out with anything remotely competitive with Samsung and Apple. Sorry to hear about the bad experience with a few jerks on the internet, but I assure you we are as friendly as advertised for the most part.

Cheers
cool

Old
09-25-2012, 04:10 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
I don't blame the replacement officials though, i'm sure these guys are doing the best they can, it's just not going to be up to NFL standards. As much flak as the regular refs get, we should have known that some colossal blunders were coming from the replacements.

The blame lies with the league for locking out the regulars
The regular refs don't get this much crap. They are just as bad. Remember this Playoff game Titans Vs Ravens they can't even get the play clock right. Phil Luckett screwed up a coin toss

There is no proof that the play last night would have been called differently if the union refs were there. It was not that bad of a call at full speed.

Old
09-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Legionnaire11

Yeah, upon viewing it several times I kind of get the simultaneous possession. But you have to get the interference on Tate which would negate the catch anyway.

That's what happens though when you don't put your opponent away. Green Bay hasn't been dominant this year, if this were 2010 they would have ran the Seahawks off the field in the first half.

Old
09-25-2012, 08:02 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
more incompetent call ? ... that "simultaneous catch AFTER the offensive pass interference no call" or the 5th down touchdown by colorado over missouri?
sorry, 5th down is the worst ever.... because it is absolutely 100% objectively wrong.... every other call, no matter how egregious, is still a subjective call by a fallible human being... but 5 is 5 whether the call is made by a professional referee or Clever Hans the Counting Horse....

Old
09-26-2012, 12:42 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Yeah, upon viewing it several times I kind of get the simultaneous possession. But you have to get the interference on Tate which would negate the catch anyway.

That's what happens though when you don't put your opponent away. Green Bay hasn't been dominant this year, if this were 2010 they would have ran the Seahawks off the field in the first half.
Sports Science did a great video on this play clearly showing Jennings getting the ball, Tate barely having one hand on the ball and his other hand on Jennings' wrist. It was not in any way simultaneous possession.

And the 2010 Packers wouldn't have put this game away. They were incredibly mediocre the first 6 weeks of that season and struggled the two weeks after it.

7 point win @ Eagles
27 points win vs Bills
3 point loss @ Bears
2 point win vs Lions
3 point OT loss @ Redskins
3 point OT loss vs Dolphins
4 point win vs Vikings
9 point win @ Jets

Old
09-26-2012, 02:08 PM
Legionnaire11

The refs don't have sports science in the moment at live speed, and they don't have it in the moment on instant replay. I'm not saying it was the right call, just that it's somewhat understandable that they could botch that call.

Old
09-26-2012, 02:29 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
The refs don't have sports science in the moment at live speed, and they don't have it in the moment on instant replay. I'm not saying it was the right call, just that it's somewhat understandable that they could botch that call.
all scoring plays are reviewable and they still botched it

Old
09-26-2012, 03:33 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Quote:
This. Okay both refs looked and saw Jennings with the ball and Tate trying to grab it away from him. One calls touchback, the other (who missed the OPI and was out in a Seattle club after the game FWIW) called touchdown.

Now they can go to replay, every replay we saw and overturn the call and they didn't and it's disgraceful.

Old
09-26-2012, 09:29 PM
Nitrous Mafia

I'm more entertained by all the NFL fan melts than the actual NFL games.

Old
09-26-2012, 11:41 PM
token grinder

Quote:
true. but they can't review possession. it was a TD on the field. to say it was not a TD meant it was an INT, which can't happen. they painted themselves into a corner by ruling it a TD. It didn't matter which way they called it, the ruling on the field would have stood.

I can't wait for a "real" ref to screw up and see if there is any backlash

Old
09-29-2012, 02:20 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

MTSU went to Atlanta and just dismantled Georgia Tech. 49-28 with 69 seconds left. Benny Cunningham is up over 200 yards with 5 touchdowns.

West Virginia and Baylor don't know how to play defense, presently 63-49 Mountaineers with 12:49 left.

Also, I think you could stick Brentwood Academy out there against Arkansas and they could beat them by two or three scores. They are horrendous. Missouri is only up 5 on UCF with 4:34 to play.

Old
09-30-2012, 03:29 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

USA Ryder Cup =Epic Fail so far....

ETA How do you spell "choke"? F-U-R-Y-K

Last edited by PredsV82: 09-30-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old
10-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Predatorbill

Vandy beat Missouri 19 - 15

Old
10-06-2012, 11:32 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

UL-Monroe beat the not-so-Mighty Mitsoo by 14, three of the top five fell today, Brandon Belt did this, and Chris Wondolowski is two goals away from tying Roy Lassiter's 16-year-old record for goals in a season with two games left.

Old
10-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Notre Dame with the renewal of the Catholics vs Convicts series ... whip the **** out of the "U" 41-3

Old
10-07-2012, 10:30 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Notre Dame with the renewal of the Catholics vs Convicts series ... whip the **** out of the "U" 41-3
For the first time in that series, the U wore the more conservative uniform.

Old
10-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
For the first time in that series, the U wore the more conservative uniform.
I've got to say, those Notre Dame uniforms were fugly ... and that defense is deadly ... top 20 strength of schedule ... # 7 (I can't remember the last time they were ranked this high)

Old
10-07-2012, 08:51 PM
Predatorbill

Titans juggernaut continues.

Old
10-07-2012, 09:58 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Quote:
I've got to say, those Notre Dame uniforms were fugly ... and that defense is deadly ... top 20 strength of schedule ... # 7 (I can't remember the last time they were ranked this high)
I didn't mind the uniforms, the helmets were just weird though. Either side would have been cool on its own, having half and half like they did was just ugly and stupid.

Old
10-07-2012, 11:15 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
I didn't mind the uniforms, the helmets were just weird though. Either side would have been cool on its own, having half and half like they did was just ugly and stupid.
Concur. Although I would have found it blech if they'd gone with that dark half for the whole helmet. Notre Dame not having gold helmets just seems fundamentally wrong to me.

In other news, South Carolina is actually improving enough that my "most overrated" comments are starting to look very silly indeed. And I'm kicking myself for actually believing in the Mad Hatter.

Oh, and by the way. 6-0, ALL Y'ALL *****ES AND HATERS. O-H!

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
10-08-2012, 08:30 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Nice little fun fact ... the Titans are only the second team in NFL History to allow 30 or more points in the first 5 games of the season

Old
10-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Legionnaire11

Is there an NFL team with worse coordinators? It took so long to complete the firing of Fisher and the hiring of Munchak that this staff was really the only junk Munchak could salvage from the scrap heap.

And seriously, how does a team coached by Mike Munchak and Bruce Matthews have an offensive line this bad? Maybe it's like Gretzky coaching the Coyotes, greatness on the field doesn't always transfer to coaching I guess.

I don't want to go ballistic this early in the season, but this thing just keeps getting worse each week. The season is basically lost at this point, even a nice run (7-4?) to finish out the season would put them at 8-8 which is not enough for the playoffs in the AFC. I don't even want to think about facing Pittsburgh on a short week.

Old
10-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Is there an NFL team with worse coordinators? It took so long to complete the firing of Fisher and the hiring of Munchak that this staff was really the only junk Munchak could salvage from the scrap heap.

And seriously, how does a team coached by Mike Munchak and Bruce Matthews have an offensive line this bad? Maybe it's like Gretzky coaching the Coyotes, greatness on the field doesn't always transfer to coaching I guess.

I don't want to go ballistic this early in the season, but this thing just keeps getting worse each week. The season is basically lost at this point, even a nice run (7-4?) to finish out the season would put them at 8-8 which is not enough for the playoffs in the AFC. I don't even want to think about facing Pittsburgh on a short week.
"we're going to get our taints handed to us"

Old
10-08-2012, 05:23 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Concur. Although I would have found it blech if they'd gone with that dark half for the whole helmet. Notre Dame not having gold helmets just seems fundamentally wrong to me.

In other news, South Carolina is actually improving enough that my "most overrated" comments are starting to look very silly indeed. And I'm kicking myself for actually believing in the Mad Hatter.

Oh, and by the way. 6-0, ALL Y'ALL *****ES AND HATERS. O-H!
Ohio State can go undefeated ... they still are bowl ineligible. Enjoy watching THE USC in a bowl game.

Closed Thread