HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Prospect Stats and Discussion: 2012-13

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
With his 3rd assist, Klefbom has broken his point total from last year already. And a +/- that's tied for 1st in the league.
Good to know! I really like Klefbom, I don't know if he will be a top pairing defenceman but I always hate it when I see him in trade proposals.

Old
10-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
It mostly has to do with the Giants lack of offensive dmen. They have a couple quality shutdown guys in Orban and Vannieuwenhuizen, but that's about it. They have Kulak, but he's certainly not very talented as far as offensive defensemen go. Therefore, Musil is the go to guy. If he was on a different team, his production would probably be just over half of what it will be on the Giants because the play wouldn't have to go through him. He can likely end the year in the 60 point range IMO
Thanks, I'm still happy that he's getting the reps though as it will do nothing but improve his overall game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers4life1987 View Post
Does anyone know where Pelss will be playing this year. Is he still in the WHL or AHL. Does he have a shot at making OKC Barons?
I'd be surprised if he ends up anywhere other than Stockton. Guys like him, Rajala, and Martindale are really being hurt by the lockout.

10-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Tuohimaa started again for Jokerit, they won 5-3, 17 saves for Tuohimaa. Tough game again for him, one goal was deflected unintentionally by his team mate, one was pp goal in front of the goal and I think he was screened on the 3rd.

Old
10-06-2012, 05:49 AM
Fourier

Rieder with another assist last night. I did not see the game so I have no sense of how it played out. Kitchener outshot SSM 41-33 but lost 4-2. The Rangers had 18 shots in the first period but did not score.

I am concerned about the Rangers this year so far. They have scored 12 goals in 5 games with 10 pp goals I believe and 2 en's. Not a single ES goal with the goalie in.

Old
10-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Soli
"Punish & Enslave"

Musil with a pair of primary assists last night, one on the PP.

Old
10-06-2012, 02:32 PM
topchowda

Did Musil decide he wants to be an offensive Dmen this year? 6th in d scoring, good for him.

Old
10-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Seachd

Nothing for Jones or Bigos in their first games tonight.

Old
10-06-2012, 11:49 PM
ales83fan

I was at the Oil Kings game today. Moroz had a secondary assist (no direct effect on the goal) and ewanyk scored a PP goal, but it was while cleaning up a rebound.
Honestly, neither looked amazing.

Old
10-07-2012, 12:07 AM
monkeywrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by ales83fan View Post
I was at the Oil Kings game today. Moroz had a secondary assist (no direct effect on the goal) and ewanyk scored a PP goal, but it was while cleaning up a rebound.
Honestly, neither looked amazing.
I agree on the Moroz statement, but I totally disagree with you on the Ewanyk statement. H e was present in the phyiscal, defensive and the offensive part the game. Most goals are scored off of a rebound. He was one of the most solid players on the ice today and the most complete all around game tonight.

Old
10-07-2012, 01:36 AM
Auguste Escoffier

Zhakrov scored 1 goal tonight, his first of the season. He is currently 1g 3a +1 in 5 games this season.

Rieder was held pointless tonight, and in 6 games is 1g 5a -1.

I am expecting huge seasons out of these two this year.

Old
10-07-2012, 05:50 AM
Fourier

Rieder with a shootout goal but otherwise no points in a 2-1 Ranger loss to Saginaw.

I don't know what the deal is with the Rangers. They had 33 shots again last night but they just can't score. The game was not televised so I don't know what kind of chances they had or how Rieder played. In the 3 games I have seen he had some bad luck and the team as a whole ran into great goaltending, but this can be the case every night. THey really need to get back home. Starting out the schedule with 8 straight road games is tough.

On a more positive note, as AE says above, Zharkov scored last night as the Bull's blitzed Ottawa. The game description says the following.

Quote:
Zharkov, who was also given ample space to flash his high end skill, made the most of his opportunity, slamming a puck through the legs of Blair at 3:10.

Old
10-07-2012, 11:13 AM
ales83fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
I agree on the Moroz statement, but I totally disagree with you on the Ewanyk statement. H e was present in the phyiscal, defensive and the offensive part the game. Most goals are scored off of a rebound. He was one of the most solid players on the ice today and the most complete all around game tonight.
I didn't see any NHL potential yesterday. Ewanyk is too small to make it to the NHL IMO.

Old
10-07-2012, 11:17 AM
thalegion

Quote:
i didn't see any nhl potential yesterday. Ewanyk is too small to make it to the nhl imo.
6'2" 192?

Old
10-07-2012, 11:46 AM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalegion View Post
6'2" 192?
I never realized that Ewanik(sp) was 6 "2" nice size.

Old
10-07-2012, 12:12 PM
ales83fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalegion View Post
6'2" 192?
He looked tiny yesterday.

That's crazy.

I guess everyone on the blades are giants because he looked skinnier than rnh but without his skills.

I'll be happy to see either of them turn out to be NHLers, but I am bugged that none of our recent draft picks past the clear first overall selections are turning out. I'm especially worried about Moroz, who we drafted at 31st overall. That's too high of a pick for a reach. Hope he turns it around.

Old
10-07-2012, 12:17 PM
monkeywrench

Quote:
I didn't see any NHL potential yesterday. Ewanyk is too small to make it to the NHL IMO.
I see NHL potential as a shut down guy that crash and bangs, but I do not see any scoring touch to him in the big leagues.

Old
10-07-2012, 01:21 PM
dnicks17

LaLeggia is #2 on the USCHO's top 10 NCAA defenseman to watch in 2012-13.

http://www.uscho.com/2012/10/02/ten-...n-for-2012-13/

He gets some pretty high praise.

I found this part pretty interesting:
Quote:
With just five defenseman in the lineup most nights, LaLeggia had to develop into a leader on both ends of the ice immediately, and he proved able to do so quickly, playing key minutes against opponents’ top forwards.

Old
10-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
LaLeggia is #2 on the USCHO's top 10 NCAA defenseman to watch in 2012-13.

http://www.uscho.com/2012/10/02/ten-...n-for-2012-13/

He gets some pretty high praise.

I found this part pretty interesting:
I absolutely loved this draft selection by the Oilers. That late in the draft, why not gamble on a guy who has elite skills in a number of areas? He obviously is really small but with some of the size on the blueline we have in the pipeline (Klefbom, Musil, Teubert etc.), we can potentially afford to have a smaller defenceman if he is at least decent in his own end.

Can you imagine having both Schultz and LaLeggia in the lineup if they develop to their full potential? That's two elite offensive defencemen who can quarterback the powerplay!

10-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Fourier

Quote:
He looked tiny yesterday.

That's crazy.

I guess everyone on the blades are giants because he looked skinnier than rnh but without his skills.

I'll be happy to see either of them turn out to be NHLers, but I am bugged that none of our recent draft picks past the clear first overall selections are turning out. I'm especially worried about Moroz, who we drafted at 31st overall. That's too high of a pick for a reach. Hope he turns it around.
Not sure what you mean by this. There are a whole whack of recent picks that are still on track. Lander, Paajarvi, Pitlick, Klefbom, Marincin, Musil, Rieder and Gernat certainly cannot be dismissed. And it is also far to early to write off Hamilton, or even guys like Moroz and Ewanyk.

Zharkov looks like a player to me and LaLeggia has the skill to play if not the size.

Old
10-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Laleggia has a huge upside, if he gets there his pick will be our best in some time in terms of where he was drafted and what the pick yields.

Old
10-07-2012, 03:39 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post

I'd be surprised if he ends up anywhere other than Stockton. Guys like him, Rajala, and Martindale are really being hurt by the lockout.
Pelss, Rajala and Martindale aren't being hurt by the lockout, they are what one calls project players. The ECHL definitely will boost their confidence if they can make an impact in Stockton, definitely not hurting their development by any means.

Old
10-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Pelss, Rajala and Martindale aren't being hurt by the lockout, they are what one calls project players. The ECHL definitely will boost their confidence if they can make an impact in Stockton, definitely not hurting their development by any means.
If Martindale is ready for the AHL and he's in the ECHL it is not the best for his development IMO. Pelss IMO was always penciled in for Stockton along with Bunz. Rajala hasn't shown enough this year or last to prove that he belongs in the AHL full time.

Old
10-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

Nice to see Musil racking up the points.

Will he become somewhat of a dark horse draft pick?

Old
10-07-2012, 04:09 PM
topchowda

Our forward prospects are looking a little hurting right now. In the CHL Rieder looks to be our best guy.

Zharkov seems to be the definition of boom/bust. And guys like Ewaynk and Moroz project to be depth guys.

In the AHL we have quality guys like Pitlick/ Hamilton.

I just wonder about drafting going forward since we have 4 or 5 spots in the top six locked up (Big 4, plus PRV/Hemsky). Do we try and trade up to get a quality center in next years draft?

I think were pretty set for D prospects (Schultz,Lefbom,Musil, Marincin, Gernat, Fedun) just missing that one center project that can play on the second line if Gagner gets moved (Lander is more of a capable third line shut down center)

If by chance we do pick in the top 5 next year (god forbid) I can still see us pick a center like Mackinnon/ Barkov over a D like Jones/Pulock

Old
10-07-2012, 04:10 PM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Nice to see Musil racking up the points.

Will he become somewhat of a dark horse draft pick?
early second rounder that should have gone late in the first round. He was ranked top 15 prior to his draft year so I don't believe so but at least he is getting noticed by some today.

Closed Thread