HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

UFC on FX: Browne vs Bigfoot

Old
10-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
Also..Big Foot has scary ground and pound..everyone forgot how good he is because of his losses to Cormier and Cane.
If Browne doesn't injure his knee/leg in the opening minute, I still think he wins that fight. He's way too quick for Big Foot.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
If Browne doesn't injure his knee/leg in the opening minute, I still think he wins that fight. He's way too quick for Big Foot.
Browne didn't look good even before he was hurt...he was asking to get drilled.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 12:07 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Browne didn't look good even before he was hurt...he was asking to get drilled.
This. Bigfoot had already tagged him once before Brown did the stanky leg on himself by throwing bad punches with poor form.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 01:11 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
This. Bigfoot had already tagged him once before Brown did the stanky leg on himself by throwing bad punches with poor form.
He was all about his jump kicks and wheel kick til Bigfoot tagged him on a counter and then he wasn't so eager to do that. Browne didn't look too into the fight...Bigfoot was eager to bring the violence.

Old
10-06-2012, 01:35 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
He was throwing bad punches in poor form because he couldn't put any weight on his leg.

Quote:
He was all about his jump kicks and wheel kick til Bigfoot tagged him on a counter and then he wasn't so eager to do that. Browne didn't look too into the fight...Bigfoot was eager to bring the violence.
That one counter right hand is the only thing Silva landed before Browne hurt his leg. I don't know exactly when he hurt himself but the first time you see him limp is at the 3:36 mark after he threw a right. That's when he started to back away and then Silva was "eager to bring the violence". Before the injury, neither guy did anything and Silva was mainly on the outside.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 02:18 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
He was throwing bad punches in poor form because he couldn't put any weight on his leg.

That one counter right hand is the only thing Silva landed before Browne hurt his leg. I don't know exactly when he hurt himself but the first time you see him limp is at the 3:36 mark after he threw a right. That's when he started to back away and then Silva was "eager to bring the violence". Before the injury, neither guy did anything and Silva was mainly on the outside.
I thought Silva was patient..Browne was throwing all that wild stuff at the beginning of the fight that wasn't close to landing which tells me he didn't take Silva very seriously. No one knows for sure when he injured himself..was it the wheel kick or the weird overhand right he threw that they replayed. Greg "weirdo" Jackson said it was the wheel kick but he threw more kicks and knees after that...i personally think it was the overhand right. I think Silva would have won either way.

Old
10-06-2012, 08:54 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

i enjoyed last nights card some great comeback wins

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 11:35 AM
m9

Way too early in the fight to read into how it would've gone down if Browne didn't get hurt. If someone thought Browne was going to win pre-fight, obviously they would he was going to win if he didn't get hurt because virtually nothing happened to change any opinions. Neither guy had done enough to that point to get a proper read on a 25 minute fight. Its the same thing as in the Davis/Prado fight where people were freaking out at how bad Davis looked in an 80 second fight.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 03:25 PM
I Am Beat You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eiun...ature=youtu.be

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 05:50 PM
DeathFromAbove

I'm not sure how anyone can draw anything from the Browne/Bigfoot fight. The injury happened a minute into the first round. Are we really analyzing 1 minute of a fight to see who was off and who wasn't?

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 06:30 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Its unfortunate, but as soon as I saw him limping I knew it was over. They should have a corner throw in the towel thing or something. The beating he took was completely unnecessary.

I guess he could have verbally quit and probably should have, so its on him.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
I'm a noob with MMA stuff, but I enjoyed the Bellator card from Friday more than this UFC card.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Fanpuck33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I'm a noob with MMA stuff, but I enjoyed the Bellator card from Friday more than this UFC card.
I personally can't stand Bellator heavyweights. So many of them are just fat fighters who are too lazy to fight at light heavyweight and rely on nothing but pure punching power. The Rodgers vs. Volkov fight was atrocious and the main event was one of the worst things I've ever seen. I don't care how contrite Prindle acted, that was all about revenge. Worst groin shot ever.

Fanpuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 03:18 PM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanpuck33 View Post
I personally can't stand Bellator heavyweights. So many of them are just fat fighters who are too lazy to fight at light heavyweight and rely on nothing but pure punching power. The Rodgers vs. Volkov fight was atrocious and the main event was one of the worst things I've ever seen. I don't care how contrite Prindle acted, that was all about revenge. Worst groin shot ever.
Yeah Bellator's HW division is a joke. Between the champ retiring and this never-ending Santos/Prindle fiasco its been pretty bad. Plus the talent level is brutal.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote