HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NCAA Football Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-06-2012, 11:24 PM
  #201
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,221
vCash: 500
****, NC State blocked a punt now gets the ball on Florida States 43 down by 6 with 2:30 to go.

NC State beat Florida State in 1998 in a similar position, where Florida State was one of the top teams and NC State unranked.

On ESPN2.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 11:30 PM
  #202
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,221
vCash: 500
Converted a fourth and 10 inside the 15.

16-10 they are trailing with over a minute to go.

Fourth and goal with 19 seconds left.

17-16 NC State.

Holy **** what deja vu for an upset.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 11:41 PM
  #203
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks
 
Mr.Krinkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ - Sec. 229
Country: United States
Posts: 13,719
vCash: 500
WOOOOO! WOLF PACK!!!

That's amazing, **** FSU and their inflated ass ranking haha

Mr.Krinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 11:42 PM
  #204
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle View Post
WOOOOO! WOLF PACK!!!

That's amazing, **** FSU and their inflated ass ranking haha
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/146257/

About NCSU upsetting FSU in 1998.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 11:44 PM
  #205
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks
 
Mr.Krinkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ - Sec. 229
Country: United States
Posts: 13,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/146257/

About NCSU upsetting FSU in 1998.
That's friggin awesome. My brother in law is an NC State grad, just had his second kid (my first nephew, woo!) I hope he was awake for this, after that touchdown I ran upstairs and flicked the light on my wife goes, "Huh whats goin on?" "State just converted on fourth and goal to take the lead on FSU with 16 seconds left, they're gonna ****ing win" "Oh wow,nice!" back to sleep haha

Mr.Krinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 11:46 PM
  #206
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle View Post
That's friggin awesome. My brother in law is an NC State grad, just had his second kid (my first nephew, woo!) I hope he was awake for this
My favorite part about college football.

My favorite game I ever watched was Texas Tech vs. Texas where Crabtree scored the game-winner on the last play. That was one hell of a game.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 12:12 AM
  #207
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
My favorite part about college football.

My favorite game I ever watched was Texas Tech vs. Texas where Crabtree scored the game-winner on the last play. That was one hell of a game.
That game was awesome but it doesn't top Texas/USC. Best college football game I will ever see.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 03:23 AM
  #208
AZNDevil
Yay band.
 
AZNDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Country: United States
Posts: 7,628
vCash: 500
Chaos on the band buses as we listened to the radio call of the WVU - Texas game. And the #3, 4, and 5 teams going down certainly help WVU make a bigger move up the rankings.

Edit: Aaaand WVU moves up to #5 in the AP and #4 in the Coaches Poll with Kansas State right behind them in both. That matchup in Morgantown 2 weeks from now looks huge.


Last edited by AZNDevil: 10-07-2012 at 01:04 PM.
AZNDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 02:02 PM
  #209
Devils Pride 26
BrickCityHockey*****
 
Devils Pride 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 927
vCash: 500
If Rutgers can get a consistent passing game going they could be the real deal. That defense is hard hitting and fast. They are so strong flowing to the edges on off tackle plays to the outside. Not to mention a couple corners that can hold their ground and bang.

The ball control run game is going to keep them fresh too.

Devils Pride 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 03:51 PM
  #210
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNDevil View Post
Chaos on the band buses as we listened to the radio call of the WVU - Texas game. And the #3, 4, and 5 teams going down certainly help WVU make a bigger move up the rankings.

Edit: Aaaand WVU moves up to #5 in the AP and #4 in the Coaches Poll with Kansas State right behind them in both. That matchup in Morgantown 2 weeks from now looks huge.
Oh so you were at the Baylor game too!

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 04:36 PM
  #211
AZNDevil
Yay band.
 
AZNDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Country: United States
Posts: 7,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
Oh so you were at the Baylor game too!
There's me among the 360+ other band members. I'm the one in the white.


We gotta take care of business in Lubbock next week first, but Kansas State coming here is gonna be huge. Hell, police had to use tear gas to break up small riots downtown and quite a number of couches were burned after the Texas game last night.

AZNDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 04:42 PM
  #212
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNDevil View Post
There's me among the 360+ other band members. I'm the one in the white.


We gotta take care of business in Lubbock next week first, but Kansas State coming here is gonna be huge. Hell, police had to use tear gas to break up small riots downtown and quite a number of couches were burned after the Texas game last night.
I was visiting my brother and cousin and I went to the Baylor game. Can you see me in that video? I'm wearing gold!

I'm going back for the Oklahoma game before thanksgiving. Also, whats the deal with couches lol. Who made that the tradition lmao.

My brother came home this weekend so my dad is probably pleased he wasn't tear gassed hahaha. I expect a win over Oklahoma to produce a similar after effect, especially if both teams win out heading into that game, it'll be at night, resulting in ridiculous amounts of lulz. xD

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 05:03 PM
  #213
AZNDevil
Yay band.
 
AZNDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Country: United States
Posts: 7,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
I was visiting my brother and cousin and I went to the Baylor game. Can you see me in that video? I'm wearing gold!

I'm going back for the Oklahoma game before thanksgiving. Also, whats the deal with couches lol. Who made that the tradition lmao.

My brother came home this weekend so my dad is probably pleased he wasn't tear gassed hahaha. I expect a win over Oklahoma to produce a similar after effect, especially if both teams win out heading into that game, it'll be at night, resulting in ridiculous amounts of lulz. xD
Oh cool. Do they go to school here?

And I'm not quite sure where the couch burning tradition started, but it happens regardless of what anybody tries to do to stop it haha. Especially when we're consistently playing good teams now in the Big XII. This is just one of multiple couch fires lol.


And yea they're already selling Gold Rush shirts for the game. Good Sooner team or not, it's still Oklahoma coming to WVU and it'll be a crazy atmosphere for that game. It's times like those that I don't necessarily mind not living downtown haha.

AZNDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 05:32 PM
  #214
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNDevil View Post
Oh cool. Do they go to school here?

And I'm not quite sure where the couch burning tradition started, but it happens regardless of what anybody tries to do to stop it haha. Especially when we're consistently playing good teams now in the Big XII. This is just one of multiple couch fires lol.


And yea they're already selling Gold Rush shirts for the game. Good Sooner team or not, it's still Oklahoma coming to WVU and it'll be a crazy atmosphere for that game. It's times like those that I don't necessarily mind not living downtown haha.
yea, my brother's a freshman and my cousin is a 5th year senior. He lives downtown, two blocks down from the wall painted 'lets go mountaineers'. bro is in the towers. How much is the gold rush shirt?

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 05:48 PM
  #215
AZNDevil
Yay band.
 
AZNDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Country: United States
Posts: 7,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
yea, my brother's a freshman and my cousin is a 5th year senior. He lives downtown, two blocks down from the wall painted 'lets go mountaineers'. bro is in the towers. How much is the gold rush shirt?
Is he a Devils fan too? I'm also in Towers, and I've met a few Devils fans here already. The gold rush shirts are $15, and they're long sleeved tees too.

AZNDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 05:54 PM
  #216
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNDevil View Post
Is he a Devils fan too? I'm also in Towers, and I've met a few Devils fans here already. The gold rush shirts are $15, and they're long sleeved tees too.
Yep. He's in Lyon. Only 15 bucks eh? I told him that he was gunna have to buy me a sweater for that game lol.

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 06:03 PM
  #217
AZNDevil
Yay band.
 
AZNDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Country: United States
Posts: 7,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
Yep. He's in Lyon. Only 15 bucks eh? I told him that he was gunna have to buy me a sweater for that game lol.
I'll go around asking for "JerseyGuy276's brother" now haha. Sweaters or jackets of some sort would probably be a good bet for a November night game. I was at the Pitt game last year after Thanksgiving and my hands were freezing afterwards.

AZNDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 06:20 PM
  #218
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNDevil View Post
I'll go around asking for "JerseyGuy276's brother" now haha. Sweaters or jackets of some sort would probably be a good bet for a November night game. I was at the Pitt game last year after Thanksgiving and my hands were freezing afterwards.
lol, he wouldn't acknowledge you if you did lol. I figure, that shirt under a sweater with a beanie and gloves. Should keep me warm. Plus I'll have been drinking all day lol

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 07:58 PM
  #219
AZNDevil
Yay band.
 
AZNDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Country: United States
Posts: 7,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
lol, he wouldn't acknowledge you if you did lol. I figure, that shirt under a sweater with a beanie and gloves. Should keep me warm. Plus I'll have been drinking all day lol
lol I forgot about the extra layer of alcohol induced cold resistance.

In another note, apparently the house that two Georgia football players share was egged and TP'd by ******** Bulldog fans after they lost to South Carolina.

AZNDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 09:17 PM
  #220
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNDevil View Post
lol I forgot about the extra layer of alcohol induced cold resistance.

In another note, apparently the house that two Georgia football players share was egged and TP'd by ******** Bulldog fans after they lost to South Carolina.
ha, I'm still disappointed that I failed to accomplish my goal of being smashed by 9:30 am on game day...we didn't wake up till 10 haha.


That's brilliant...if you want to get your ass kicked.

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 12:29 PM
  #221
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,221
vCash: 500
Thinking of getting tickets for Rutgers game.

Thoughts on where I should/shouldn't sit?

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 01:37 PM
  #222
Officer Rod Farva
Fire Pete DeBoer
 
Officer Rod Farva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,262
vCash: 500
Would love to send the Fruit off to the ACC with one last ass kicking

Officer Rod Farva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 03:09 PM
  #223
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: #TRADEZIDRYDERLAT
Country: United States
Posts: 19,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Thinking of getting tickets for Rutgers game.

Thoughts on where I should/shouldn't sit?
The upper deck is gives a great view of the field, no matter what section.

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 03:56 PM
  #224
Devils Pride 26
BrickCityHockey*****
 
Devils Pride 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 927
vCash: 500
Another win for Rutgers, but man they keep getting uglier. They HAVE to find ways to move the ball when the run game doesn't work and they have the weapons to stretch the field. More uncomfortable after this win over Syracuse before I was going into the game. As good as the defense is playing, the luck is going to run out at some point and the offense is going to need to WIN a game, rather than not lose em.

Devils Pride 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 04:55 PM
  #225
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Pride 26 View Post
Another win for Rutgers, but man they keep getting uglier. They HAVE to find ways to move the ball when the run game doesn't work and they have the weapons to stretch the field. More uncomfortable after this win over Syracuse before I was going into the game. As good as the defense is playing, the luck is going to run out at some point and the offense is going to need to WIN a game, rather than not lose em.
That's why I'm debating on whether I should get tickets for Louisville/Rutgers game ending the season. Have a gut feeling they are going to screw themselves against Cincinatti. Cincinatti (and WV) always seemed to be their Achilles heel.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.