HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Matt Duchene's lockout adventure in Europe

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-05-2012, 06:16 PM
  #51
foppagirl21
Registered User
 
foppagirl21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
You guys may wanna check out the fan590's Hockey Central at Noon later today when they upload today's interviews.

Interesting one with Adrian Dater. Lots of talk about Duchene and the possible reasons why he was passed over for captain, in favour of Landeskog.

Implies that Duchene has an ego and that he and Sacco have not gotten along.

Might be old hat for you guys but it was news to me. Surprised to hear him talk that way about Duchene
So glad someone brought this up. I haven't really lurked on here much recently but needed to comment. I listen to their podcast every day on the way home from work to kill time. Dater is a donkey. I could not believe what he said. Completely threw Duchene under the bus for NO reason (Duchene is not a leader, but to say he is not liked by the team???), insensitively commented on the Lokomotiv crash and how Varlamov could stay over there, AND (last but not least) diverted the "Landeskog is the youngest captain" conversation to "OMG Landeskog took the team away from O'Reilly blahblahblah".

I have lost respect for Dater. Cannot believe he said what he said. The three guys even were pretty shocked and hinted they never want him back on (please tell me they weren't kidding, lol). Duchene better give Dater crap and the team better give him the boot. My god.

Duchene is enthusiastic. He is playing for his childhood team. He is almost too excited to be THE leader. Dater completely ripped Duchene. ...does Dater think before he speaks? Does he realize what he is saying? His phrasing is awful. ...he makes the team look so bad.

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 10:09 PM
  #52
PeterTheGreat
Registered User
 
PeterTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,070
vCash: 500
Daters an asshat. Always has been always will be.

We got to have the worst beat writers in the league. Chambers is awful too.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 01:01 AM
  #53
agentblack
Registered User
 
agentblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,892
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by foppagirl21 View Post
So glad someone brought this up. I haven't really lurked on here much recently but needed to comment. I listen to their podcast every day on the way home from work to kill time. Dater is a donkey. I could not believe what he said. Completely threw Duchene under the bus for NO reason (Duchene is not a leader, but to say he is not liked by the team???), insensitively commented on the Lokomotiv crash and how Varlamov could stay over there, AND (last but not least) diverted the "Landeskog is the youngest captain" conversation to "OMG Landeskog took the team away from O'Reilly blahblahblah".

I have lost respect for Dater. Cannot believe he said what he said. The three guys even were pretty shocked and hinted they never want him back on (please tell me they weren't kidding, lol). Duchene better give Dater crap and the team better give him the boot. My god.

Duchene is enthusiastic. He is playing for his childhood team. He is almost too excited to be THE leader. Dater completely ripped Duchene. ...does Dater think before he speaks? Does he realize what he is saying? His phrasing is awful. ...he makes the team look so bad.
This is just. Wow. How does someone say all that and still expect to get interviews and whatknot with the team? Does he even like the Avs?

agentblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 04:06 AM
  #54
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Matt practiced with the team for the first time Friday. He looked pretty darn good. You could tell that he's an NHLer by everything he did.

Interview (skip to 1:00): http://frolundaindians.com/artikel/29056/
Thanks for posting and please keep us updated.

I wonder why things didn't work out with Modo. He said he spoke to Forsberg about Modo before he made the decision to sign with Frolunda. Doesn't Forsberg run that team?

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 04:24 AM
  #55
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR
 
Joe Sakic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 3,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Matt practiced with the team for the first time Friday. He looked pretty darn good. You could tell that he's an NHLer by everything he did.

Interview (skip to 1:00): http://frolundaindians.com/artikel/29056/
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 04:27 AM
  #56
iAvs
JUST WIN
 
iAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Country: Italy
Posts: 7,474
vCash: 500
Dater sounds like a miserable person more times than not. He's a typical glass half-empty type of person and switches sides on subjects all of the time. What proof does he have that backs up these claims Duchene isn't liked, has a huge ego, and doesn't get along with Sacco? Probably none whatsoever.

This is Dater's problem... he tries to stir the pot but never has ANYTHING to back it up. Then, gets bent out of shape when people call him out on it.

I really wish the Avs got a new beat writer.

iAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 04:31 AM
  #57
iAvs
JUST WIN
 
iAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Country: Italy
Posts: 7,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentblack View Post
This is just. Wow. How does someone say all that and still expect to get interviews and whatknot with the team? Does he even like the Avs?
Honestly? I don't think he does.

Sure, he liked it when the Avs were Cup contenders. But lately, he sounds like a butt-hurt fan when it comes to the Avs and really paints a grim picture when it comes to how the team is run. This bit he did on Duchene is an all- time low though. The one guy who has been bleeding burgundy & blue BEFORE he even played for the team... and he throws him under the bus? Wow. What a total misfire on Dater's part and REALLY makes him sound like a fool.

Dater likes ONE player on the Avs roster, and that it O'Reilly. Everyone else is either overpaid or shouldn't be playing.

iAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 04:52 AM
  #58
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Thanks for posting and please keep us updated.

I wonder why things didn't work out with Modo. He said he spoke to Forsberg about Modo before he made the decision to sign with Frolunda. Doesn't Forsberg run that team?
Naslund is their GM Foppa is the assistant GM.

As for that clown Dater I'm sure he's a Bruins fan.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 06:03 AM
  #59
Hennessy
Blank Space
 
Hennessy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Östersund, Sweden
Country: United States
Posts: 6,974
vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Thanks for posting and please keep us updated.

I wonder why things didn't work out with Modo. He said he spoke to Forsberg about Modo before he made the decision to sign with Frolunda. Doesn't Forsberg run that team?
I don't know, but if I had to guess I'd say money. Modo has had its struggles in that regard.

As for the Dater stuff - I don't know Duchene. He might have an ego. I've always pictured him as being somewhat over-confident with a little of the hockey brat in him, but just about any hotshot kid has that going on. It doesn't always translate to ego. Besides, he's too goofy-looking to have an ego. But who knows.

At any rate, regardless of whether or not he's fatheaded; as has been mentioned in this thread Dater is a fool for remarking on it. Why would you say something like that, at this point in time? What purpose does it serve? He's not only selling out Duchene, he could be selling out the whole team. We already have scant information coming from the Avs, does....well, Dater never did much, anyway. I don't think anyone actually talks to him now, so he may as well say whatever the hell he wants. Won't hurt his standing with them.

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 06:50 AM
  #60
agentblack
Registered User
 
agentblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,892
vCash: 50
Seriously you guys in COL need to start a Dater Sucks chant
But anyway, Hope Duchene does well, I was watching last seasons OTT/NYR playoff game they brought up Frolunda because Alfredsson played there last lockout and said it had a good program so maybe he picks up some good habits.

agentblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 08:06 AM
  #61
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country
 
Systemfel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
I wonder why things didn't work out with Modo. He said he spoke to Forsberg about Modo before he made the decision to sign with Frolunda. Doesn't Forsberg run that team?
Modo already has two non-EU players on the roster with Cumiskey and Richie Regehr.

Systemfel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 08:16 AM
  #62
foppagirl21
Registered User
 
foppagirl21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentblack View Post
This is just. Wow. How does someone say all that and still expect to get interviews and whatknot with the team? Does he even like the Avs?
He also threw the fans under the bus. Said that Avs fans are an entitled bunch. Don't get me wrong, I agree with it, but still. Could have phrased it better so not to tick off the fans further.

As for Duchene, it might seem weird but I honestly do not see him as an egotistical guy. ...it's almost like a naive over-enthusiasm. He has maturing to do, but to think he is detrimental in the locker room and is not liked? Yeah, not buying a second of it. He's a goober. ...and I love it.

Systemfel, thanks for all of the updates! We really appreciate it over here. When is Duchene's first game?

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 10:15 AM
  #63
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 12,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Modo already has two non-EU players on the roster with Cumiskey and Richie Regehr.
Your Karl Pilkington avy is killing me!

RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 01:18 PM
  #64
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR
 
Joe Sakic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 3,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by foppagirl21 View Post
He also threw the fans under the bus. Said that Avs fans are an entitled bunch. Don't get me wrong, I agree with it, but still. Could have phrased it better so not to tick off the fans further.

As for Duchene, it might seem weird but I honestly do not see him as an egotistical guy. ...it's almost like a naive over-enthusiasm. He has maturing to do, but to think he is detrimental in the locker room and is not liked? Yeah, not buying a second of it. He's a goober. ...and I love it.

Systemfel, thanks for all of the updates! We really appreciate it over here. When is Duchene's first game?
He really said that...?

I'll speak for just myself but after 08-09 and 10-11 I feel anything but entitled.

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 01:26 PM
  #65
agentblack
Registered User
 
agentblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,892
vCash: 50
I somewhat agreed with the entitled bit. He's still a jackwagon.

agentblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 04:01 PM
  #66
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 20,253
vCash: 500
I don't see Avs fans as feeling more entitled than any other fanbase that has won the cup before. I think saying things like that is the easy way for someone to appear better or more objective than the normal fan.

Dater has no idea what he's taking about in about 95% of the things he writes or talks about. He has conversations with himself basically, because anyone else reading his stuff has the "What the hell are you talking about" kind of reaction.

And he does the doubly annoying thing where he tries to paint himself on both sides of the fence on subjects. He'll get all worked up about trivial things, and then at the end of the paragraph say he doesn't root for players or teams. He constantly gets on the stump about an issue, and then because he's self conscious about getting bashed for what he said, he'll basically make the point for the other side.

And speaking of entitled, Chambers throwing a hissy fit and painting Varly as a cancer in print just because he didn't want to talk to him after a bad game was pathetic. Who the F is he? He's been covering the NHL for five minutes and he thinks every player owes him an interview.

They don't even appear to know the sport that well with what they say, and their analysis of things. Most of the people on this board know more about the Avs and about hockey analysis, and the worst part about it is Dater and Chambers don't even write well. So what the F are they doing there? We have two guys that don't really know **** about hockey, get worked about nonsense, and aren't even decent writers. So frustrating.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 05:03 PM
  #67
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy
 
expatriated_texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Country: United States
Posts: 7,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
it looks so wrong

ps out of everyone, Duchene is the least egotistical person on the team to me.
Not sure how you can think that when he is a capable player who should be playing in the NHL but because he is pissed off at his own union's contact negotions elected to go to Europe and ROB someone else of a job.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 05:08 PM
  #68
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy
 
expatriated_texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Country: United States
Posts: 7,444
vCash: 500
Would absolutely love to see a bunch of AVs jersey's with names and number added to them that reflected players who lost jobs overseas when the NHL comes back. Even if it is just scotch tape and sharpies...The NHLPA robs jobs and dreams everywhere. For every NHL player who signs a contract over-seas, a hard-working person has lost a job. Screw them...there is no solidarity when you take jobs from lesser players because you think you should be paid more.

[edit...If the NHLPA wants the high road they should put an and to the the ability of their players to take contracts overseas. You are either part of the NHL or not...you can't have it both ways. Too many players have tried to play both sides and I have lost respect for all of them...Maybe the NHL should put an embargo on players who sign for less than a year on non-NHL teams. This **** has got to stop.]

[editX2..The next thing you know Peter Forseberg will start thinking about finishing a master's degree on-line and will start a University of Phoenix team consisting of all-star recently retired stars to go up against the CCHA.]


Last edited by expatriated_texan: 10-06-2012 at 05:57 PM.
expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 07:30 PM
  #69
agentblack
Registered User
 
agentblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,892
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
Not sure how you can think that when he is a capable player who should be playing in the NHL but because he is pissed off at his own union's contact negotions elected to go to Europe and ROB someone else of a job.
So he's not supposed to play? whats your suggestion?

agentblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 05:49 AM
  #70
Hennessy
Blank Space
 
Hennessy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Östersund, Sweden
Country: United States
Posts: 6,974
vCash: 264
The players were locked out. If your boss says you can't work until you agree to him lowering your wages, what would you do? Sit at home and be proud out of some sort of misplaced loyalty, even if another company was actively recruiting you to come work for them for however long it took to get things cleared up at your regular job?

I really don't understand your anger over this issue. Sure, it sucks for Björn Blow that he might not see ice time because Pierre Superstuff has come to town, but since when did athletes in any sport or circumstance have guaranteed playing time? That's the entire nature of competition.

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 08:26 AM
  #71
Mant*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAvs View Post
Honestly? I don't think he does.

Sure, he liked it when the Avs were Cup contenders. But lately, he sounds like a butt-hurt fan when it comes to the Avs and really paints a grim picture when it comes to how the team is run. This bit he did on Duchene is an all- time low though. The one guy who has been bleeding burgundy & blue BEFORE he even played for the team... and he throws him under the bus? Wow. What a total misfire on Dater's part and REALLY makes him sound like a fool.

Dater likes ONE player on the Avs roster, and that it O'Reilly. Everyone else is either overpaid or shouldn't be playing.
I think Dater's true breaking point was when the Avs traded Stewart. He has pretty much hated them ever since that moment.

Mant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 08:52 AM
  #72
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country
 
Systemfel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by foppagirl21 View Post
Systemfel, thanks for all of the updates! We really appreciate it over here. When is Duchene's first game?
No problem. Hopefully he can play on Tuesday (at Timra, 11 AM Mountain). He is definitely playing on Saturday (at Modo, 10:30 AM Mountain), though.

It all depends on how fast the Swedish Migration Board handles the matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Likely linemates are Anton Axelsson and Fabian Brunnstrom.
Check that. The word is that he will center Brunnstrom and Norwegian winger Mats Rosseli Olsen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Your Karl Pilkington avy is killing me!
His head is perfectly spherical.


Last edited by Systemfel: 10-07-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Systemfel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 10:19 AM
  #73
klozge
Avs
 
klozge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Siegen, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mant View Post
I think Dater's true breaking point was when the Avs traded Stewart. He has pretty much hated them ever since that moment.
At that point he probably realized that he doesn't get any information from the Avs before we fans and everybody else do. In my eyes he's nothing more than a pretty bad blogger.

klozge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 08:01 AM
  #74
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country
 
Systemfel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,704
vCash: 500
Nope, Duchene is not playing on Tuesday either.

Systemfel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 03:39 PM
  #75
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Nope, Duchene is not playing on Tuesday either.
So Saturday?

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.