HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): ESPN: Eagles Land Kelly (Jan. 16)

Closed Thread

Old
10-07-2012, 03:05 PM
El Emperor

vCash: 500
Yep.

Old
10-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Devastate

Well we give up 16 points and lose. Vick kind of lost the game in the first half.

Old
10-07-2012, 03:25 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Once they converted that 3rd and long I knew the Steelers were going to at least kick a GW fg. Eagles D is good, but they still have trouble getting off the field when they need to.

Still, I hate Vick.

Old
10-07-2012, 03:35 PM
FLYguy3911

As bad as the offense was, the Steelers started the drive 1st and 20 at their own 10. Can't happen.

Old
10-07-2012, 03:39 PM
4thline4life
The Mased God

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
As bad as the offense was, the Steelers started the drive 1st and 20 at their own 10. Can't happen.
Turning the ball over at the goaline week in and week out can't happen either.

Old
10-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
This loss is an entire team effort. Vick cant turn the ball over at the 3, who knows if they would have scored a TD but they at least need a FG there. And when the defense has them at 1st and 20 from their own 10 and s 3rd and 12 hey have to make a play, they didnt.

Old
10-07-2012, 07:28 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Emperor View Post
Foles please! I know, I know.. too early, but I've had enough.
No, I don't think it is. If the organization wants us to believe that 8-8 is unacceptable, then they'll at least give him a chance. Vick isn't learning from his f-ing brutal mistakes at all....it's not what you want from a veteran QB and supposed team leader. Put Foles in, let him throw 25-30 times a game, and run a balance of Shady, Dion, and Bryce. I know...wishful thinking

Old
10-08-2012, 09:21 AM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
No, I don't think it is. If the organization wants us to believe that 8-8 is unacceptable, then they'll at least give him a chance. Vick isn't learning from his f-ing brutal mistakes at all....it's not what you want from a veteran QB and supposed team leader. Put Foles in, let him throw 25-30 times a game, and run a balance of Shady, Dion, and Bryce. I know...wishful thinking
This is team is likely 0-5 with Foles in at QB for those games. And they wouldn't have been in a position to win yesterday. As for the 8-8 side of it, if Foles was starting, it'd just give Andy another excuse to stay another year. If he can't make the playoffs with Vick, then Lurie needs to wise up finally and let Big Red go.

I don't like Vick in the least. He's certainly not the guy who can win this team a Superbowl. But to say Foles wouldn't be making the same mistakes and putting the team in a position to win is delusional.

Old
10-08-2012, 09:44 AM
4thline4life
The Mased God

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
This is team is likely 0-5 with Foles in at QB for those games. And they wouldn't have been in a position to win yesterday. As for the 8-8 side of it, if Foles was starting, it'd just give Andy another excuse to stay another year. If he can't make the playoffs with Vick, then Lurie needs to wise up finally and let Big Red go.

I don't like Vick in the least. He's certainly not the guy who can win this team a Superbowl. But to say Foles wouldn't be making the same mistakes and putting the team in a position to win is delusional.
It seriously would be difficult for foles to be as wreckless with the ball than Vick has the last five games. Foles is a rook but hell, how much worse could his decision making be when we have probably one of the worst veteran decision makers in the league.

Old
10-08-2012, 09:52 AM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceman26 View Post
It seriously would be difficult for foles to be as wreckless with the ball than Vick has the last five games. Foles is a rook but hell, how much worse could his decision making be when we have probably one of the worst veteran decision makers in the league.
It's an unknown, for sure. But right now, in a game that mattered, I'd rather have Vick leading the team down the field for a go ahead drive than Foles (and Vick has done well in this aspect of the game so far this year).

I understand most people just want the non-sense Vick brings to the table to end and for the team to move on from him. But the bigger problem with the team is with the coaching staff IMO. And having Foles in there gives Reid another excuse not to be fired and given another shot.

The team is not a Superbowl contender with either Vick or Foles starting this year. But Reid is more likely to be given the ax if he fails with Vick in rather than Foles.

Old
10-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
It's an unknown, for sure. But right now, in a game that mattered, I'd rather have Vick leading the team down the field for a go ahead drive than Foles (and Vick has done well in this aspect of the game so far this year).

I understand most people just want the non-sense Vick brings to the table to end and for the team to move on from him. But the bigger problem with the team is with the coaching staff IMO. And having Foles in there gives Reid another excuse not to be fired and given another shot.

The team is not a Superbowl contender with either Vick or Foles starting this year. But Reid is more likely to be given the ax if he fails with Vick in rather than Foles.
I guess the issue is that Vick is constantly putting us in a position to need to a late-game, go-ahead drive... but, yeah, I agree with your overall assessment of the team as it stands this year.

Old
10-08-2012, 11:30 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:

Like I said, the way Vick has played, Foles deserves a shot. I never said he deserves to finish the freakin season. It's delusional to say that Foles wouldn't be fumbling when he scrambles?...I think we'd be pretty safe from him scrambling too often. AND I bet he knows how to slide the right way.

Old
10-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Prongo
Beer

You honestly can't say this team would be 0-5 with Foles as the quarterback like it's a guarantee. We just don't know what he will bring in regular season action against first stringers. I have said it before and will again, I am a big Foles fan from his college days(betting has it's benefits, you get to see a ton of players). I love what the kid can do. Vick is turning the ball over way too much to keep in there for the rest of the season. If this continues into the next game, Reid will have to make a move. Reid's job and fan support would be on the line big time if he didn't, not to mention the team losing because of the turnovers(or near loses). At some point you have to start wondering if Foles can do a better job than Vick, and I think it is getting pretty close to that point where we see it happen.

Old
10-08-2012, 11:59 AM
BringBackStevens

I'm in the foles camp strictly because I think this is wasted time with Vick. We know he's a dumb quarterback and doesn't play the way you need to win. Might as well see if Foles is anything now rather than waste more time messing around.

I'm also in the Reid needs to go camp. I just don't think he runs the offense to be conductive of success for a QB like Vick

Old
10-08-2012, 12:07 PM
McNasty

They aren't going anywhere with Foles either, in fact if Eagles fans want read gone the worst thing that can happen is Nick Foles comes in and gives them hope. Lurie can say whatever he wants, he's not firing Reid until he can't come up with a silver lining to sell to the fans.

As for Vick, the guy stinks plain and simple. He's not a good quarterback, despite his talent. He can't read a defense, he doesn't manage the game well (a massive understatement), and he's constantly trying to do too much. Vick is one of those players who never had to do the types of things you need to do to play QB in the NFL. In High School and College he was able to just use his talent to win, because he was simply better than everyone else. Reggie Bush is another example of this, he's been in the league what 7 years and is finally turning into a reliable starting RB?

Old
10-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
The way I see it, Foles wont play until either Vick gets hurt, or they completely go in the tank and arent in a position for a playoff spot. If the latter happens then I dont see any way Reid is back. If Foles were to be given a chance right now it would just be another excuse for Lurie to keep Reid.

I dont think Vick is the answer, but the problem is Reid. He's been given 13 years to win a SB and if they dont find a miraculous way to win it this year, he should be gone. That being said I think they make the playoffs and that in itself is enough for him to be back in 2013.

Old
10-08-2012, 01:46 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Like I said, the way Vick has played, Foles deserves a shot. I never said he deserves to finish the freakin season. It's delusional to say that Foles wouldn't be fumbling when he scrambles?...I think we'd be pretty safe from him scrambling too often. AND I bet he knows how to slide the right way.
I meant it's delusional to think Foles gets a shot now, while they are still in it going into Week 6 and an upcoming bye in 7. Sorry. Reid is more likely to send those subliminal messages that he could make the switch at least 2 more times before actually doing anything.

I guess the main point I am trying to make is Andy is the bigger problem than Vick (dude will NEVER learn to utilize what he has for the betterment of his team, a top 3 RB in the game). And if Foles were in, Lurie has an excuse to keep Andy around another year no matter what happens the rest of the year.

But with Vick in, it not only gives the Eagles (read: ownership) a better shot at the playoffs, but the other side is if they do poorly and miss out on the playoffs, the temperature turns way up on the hot seat Andy sits on.

As another poster put it, the only way Foles sees time as a starter this year is if Vick goes down, or they're sitting below .500 come around Thanksgiving (which isn't out of the realm of possibility). But there is no way Reid puts him in now.

Old
10-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Hollywood Couturier

The Eagles play three straight teams coming off a bye week, how does that happen?

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
10-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
The Eagles play three straight teams coming off a bye week, how does that happen?
My dad and I realized this Sunday before the game. We play 4 teams overall coming off of their bye. No one else in the league plays more than 2.

Old
10-09-2012, 10:12 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

The turnover count needs to be changed in the title

Old
10-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Amateur Hour

All things considered, had you told me at the start of the season the Eagles would be 3-2 through 5 games, I'd have taken that without hesitation. But they're surviving on borrowed time right now, and a regression to the mean based on their turnover differential is inevitable if they don't start playing more responsible football.

That said, at least this team is scrappy and plays with heart.

Old
10-14-2012, 12:43 PM
Jack de la Hoya

A running play worked. So we must follow it up with five consecutive throws...

Oh look. Vick turned the ball over again.

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...037&feedID=692

Old
10-14-2012, 12:52 PM
RussianRocket10

Well the offense hasn't shown up yet.

Old
10-14-2012, 12:54 PM
BringBackStevens

This team is not fun to watch

Old