HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part II (Mod warning in Post 30)

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2012, 09:07 PM
ORRT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerKnight View Post
Good Luck on that question. Other leagues share the information with their fans via Pointstreak under transactions ( OJHL, MHL) but to my knowledge, the CCHL does not release suspension information to the public.
Yet another little secret!

Old
10-04-2012, 07:53 AM
BadgerKnight

Werther

"Owen Werthner has been practicisng with the Senators and the OJS is working out his playing rights with the Q. Crouch will be digging into his pocket books for this one."

I see that Mr. Werther was dressed for the Jr. Sens.

How many '92 players can a CCHL team dress per game?

Old
10-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerKnight View Post
"Owen Werthner has been practicisng with the Senators and the OJS is working out his playing rights with the Q. Crouch will be digging into his pocket books for this one."

I see that Mr. Werther was dressed for the Jr. Sens.

How many '92 players can a CCHL team dress per game?
You can dress seven 20 year olds each game

Old
10-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Off the Boards

Cornwall beats Cumberland 3 -2 in OT on Michael Ponterelli's OT winner, 103 shots in this game 64 againts Rielly Turner (Cumb) and 39 vs Colt's Piccolino.

Matt Cruikshank '95 born 6'1 , 208 lbs from Shallow Lake, ON went back home (homesick ??), the Colts looking at perhaps dealing his rights.

Gendron 1st game back & scores 2 goals.

Grads Mark Goldberg ('95, 5'8, 175 lbs) is a very good player, he truly impressed me.

Old
10-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

MOD WARNING

We will be strictly enforcing the No Disclosure of Personal Information site rule from this point forward. If you disclose another member's name, family members, family relations, or other personal details, you will be subject to an infraction and potentially a thread ban or a forum ban.

Disclosure of Personal Information will include speculating that a poster has a family member on the team. You can discuss players, the league, etc. We are not here to try to figure out someone's motivation for posting.

If you have questions on this policy, please PM me. Complaining in the thread will be subject to Moderator Abuse infractions.

10-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Roofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyshack View Post
Question #1 for Speedy....

You have 2 players that are very close with respect to skill, speed, desire and talent. But the USA import is marginally better. Perhaps he will score 2 more goals and 3 more assists in the season than the local kid. He will have no impact on the standings.

Question # 2-4

Why would you make a statement that the 3rd goalie is on his way to Alexandria ? Did you hear that from GM MacInnis or President Poirier of the Glens ? Why would you make a statement that has no basis in fact whatsoever ?

The back-up goalie is local and will win 5 of the 10 games for the Colts. The Montreal whiz kid will win 6 of 10. 1 game is not going to change the standings. Who do you pick ?

From a business perspective you have to consider costs (billeting) and other factors like education.

Perhaps the local kids will draw their familes and friends to the games. Perhaps a local business will sponsor the team or buy advertising because of the local content.

It is just business.
1) On most Jr A teams in this league the import would stay and the local would be sent back down and used as an AP.Do the research and you will see the stats back this up.

2-4) No it's a observation on past history with the Colts not wanting locals riding the pine , when they can have them in Jr B as an AP,so if it comes down to trading Jenkins and having the other two goalies remaining. Not if but when Ian brings in his number one stud , one of the two remaining goalies have to go , if you release the import you lose him. If you send down the local he's still your protect and is AP from Jr B. Now that's hockey sense,yes it's a business but its a hockey team first. Ian would then have two goalies in the fold and a 17 AP getting playing time at no cost to the Jr A club, while still having him protected in the system. JR A teams are not worried about having local kids on the roster , for fan purpose or advertising, just putting the best product on the ice. Gloucester runs your Jr A model Eddie and how does that work for them,Ian has his teams at the top every year ,not worrying about local keeping players. Instead he puts the best players he can recruit to the team.
You don't need to know the GM of the Colts or the brain trust of the Glens Marc Sauve , to understand the hockey traits of the Colts. (Check the Dec 10 roster cut down from the past years and see how many locals the get sent down, compared to imports!!!)

Lastly stop looking at the hockey world as a parent and try thinking in the hockey business of building a winning team, as Ian as excelled at for years

Old
10-04-2012, 11:13 PM
Roofus

That is my last post on this issue , Eddie you ask me the questions I answered them with my opinion. Which is what this forum is all about. No attacks on anyone just thoughts and opinions.

Old
10-05-2012, 09:06 AM
valleydude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
That is my last post on this issue , Eddie you ask me the questions I answered them with my opinion. Which is what this forum is all about. No attacks on anyone just thoughts and opinions.
How about a discussion on some of recent positives in the league.

- Darian Plouffe leading the Stallions in scoring as a 17 year old.
- Blaine Byron being put on the NHL draft list (C Skater)
- Francois Lemellen committing to Harvard. That is like winning the lottery !!!

Old
10-05-2012, 09:56 AM
eddyshack

[QUOTE=Speedy

....try thinking in the hockey business of building a winning team, as Ian as excelled at for years[/QUOTE]

And exactly how many championships has IM won ?

Old
10-05-2012, 10:28 AM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
That is very much appreciated.

Old
10-05-2012, 10:32 AM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the Boards View Post
Cornwall beats Cumberland 3 -2 in OT on Michael Ponterelli's OT winner, 103 shots in this game 64 againts Rielly Turner (Cumb) and 39 vs Colt's Piccolino.

Gendron 1st game back & scores 2 goals.

Grads Mark Goldberg ('95, 5'8, 175 lbs) is a very good player, he truly impressed me.

Excellent game. The Cumberland goalie had the game of his life. The penalty call on the Grads in OT was ill timed. I was looking forward to a shoot out.

Mark Golberg looked great. He never looked better than last night.

Old
10-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitans View Post
How about a discussion on some of recent positives in the league.

- Darian Plouffe leading the Stallions in scoring as a 17 year old.
- Blaine Byron being put on the NHL draft list (C Skater)
- Francois Lemellen committing to Harvard. That is like winning the lottery !!!
Did lemellen obtain scholarship before the start of the season? If so where did he play

Old
10-05-2012, 01:30 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
Did lemellen obtain scholarship before the start of the season? If so where did he play
Lemelin played Minor Midget for the Titans last year. Commitment was announced on Sept. 17th.

Old
10-05-2012, 06:16 PM
JackalsKnuckles

Anyone have an extra Carelton Place Canadians game puck they want to get rid of?

Old
10-06-2012, 09:45 AM
hardfacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackalsKnuckles View Post
Anyone have an extra Carelton Place Canadians game puck they want to get rid of?

No i think there dman gave them all to the Kings last night.....wow...some of the worst give aways i have seen in a long time.....

My Kings took advantage everytime....Smith made some keys stops....and the dman battled hard in our end...

On CP side....Smith dman...very good...kujava was average...but turn overs for goals were laughable....he did not have alot of help

Entertaining game.....should be a good one in Pembroke Sunday Night!

CP light show and introductions are pretty cool.....

Old
10-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Grabbers

Originally Posted by upinarms
I never hear anything about the Bears on here. Does anyone have any updates. New recruits etc. Will their #1 pick Ouellette make the team. I hope to see them improve on their 8th place finish.

I POSTED IN JUNE 2012:
The Bears should have no problem improving on their 8th place finish. With potentially 18 returning players - the most in the league - and Sawyer returning in net they will solid throughout the lineup.

They were very young last year and the experience, including the first round lost, will only help them.

SMF has Maclaren, Carroll, and a bevy of good young players upfront including Maniccia, and others. If anything they could use an upgrade on the backend.

Having stated all the above - the loss of Robertson and his points is a big hole to fill. I suspect the scoring will be spread around more evenly making it tougher to shut them down.

They will surprise this year and truly contend next. For sure an improvement on their eighth place finish will occur. Suspect....as high as fourth if everything falls into place. By the end of last year this was IMO one of the harder working teams in the league!

I then posted in August about the upgrade in net with Martin and included comments about Akeson and Buonincontri. Indeed they are a top 4 team if not higher. Good for them. Nice to see a fresh face in the national rankings as well. Suspect Pemby will be in there this coming week as well around #18 with CP falling out.

The league has announced Akeson as player of the month and Bouincontri as honourable mention (HM). Two excellent choices. HM also went to L Edwards from CP.

Old
10-06-2012, 12:11 PM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbers View Post
Originally Posted by upinarms
I never hear anything about the Bears on here. Does anyone have any updates. New recruits etc. Will their #1 pick Ouellette make the team. I hope to see them improve on their 8th place finish.

I POSTED IN JUNE 2012:
The Bears should have no problem improving on their 8th place finish. With potentially 18 returning players - the most in the league - and Sawyer returning in net they will solid throughout the lineup.

They were very young last year and the experience, including the first round lost, will only help them.

SMF has Maclaren, Carroll, and a bevy of good young players upfront including Maniccia, and others. If anything they could use an upgrade on the backend.

Having stated all the above - the loss of Robertson and his points is a big hole to fill. I suspect the scoring will be spread around more evenly making it tougher to shut them down.

They will surprise this year and truly contend next. For sure an improvement on their eighth place finish will occur. Suspect....as high as fourth if everything falls into place. By the end of last year this was IMO one of the harder working teams in the league!

I then posted in August about the upgrade in net with Martin and included comments about Akeson and Buonincontri. Indeed they are a top 4 team if not higher. Good for them. Nice to see a fresh face in the national rankings as well. Suspect Pemby will be in there this coming week as well around #18 with CP falling out.

The league has announced Akeson as player of the month and Bouincontri as honourable mention (HM). Two excellent choices. HM also went to L Edwards from CP.
The Bears are a very hard working, talented and effective team. It is early and a long season but it appears they have the tools and assets to be a top contender. Clearly, your early predictions and insight were on the money. Perhaps even understated.

Last edited by eddyshack: 10-06-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old
10-06-2012, 07:10 PM
sawagohabs4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyshack View Post
Excellent game. The Cumberland goalie had the game of his life. The penalty call on the Grads in OT was ill timed. I was looking forward to a shoot out.

Mark Golberg looked great. He never looked better than last night.
Probably the Grads worst performance of the season so far - thanks to Turner, the score flattered them. They played in Nepean the night before and it showed - not sharp at all and they were lucky to get a point.

That was Turner's 3rd start this year and 1st in awhile and he certainly showed up to play but hasn't had a lot of luck this year as all 3 of his starts have gone to extra time - 2 SO losses and an OT loss.

Old
10-06-2012, 08:51 PM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawagohabs4ever View Post
Probably the Grads worst performance of the season so far - thanks to Turner, the score flattered them. They played in Nepean the night before and it showed - not sharp at all and they were lucky to get a point.

That was Turner's 3rd start this year and 1st in awhile and he certainly showed up to play but hasn't had a lot of luck this year as all 3 of his starts have gone to extra time - 2 SO losses and an OT loss.
I was at the Cumberland / Nepean game the previous night, in my opinion the Grads played a better game against the Colts.

Old
10-07-2012, 12:15 PM
Kings87

Anyone know if Corey Durocher will be playing for Gloucester this weekend? I read on a Hockey News prospects site that he had signed with Peoria (AHL) a couple weeks ago but was returned to Gloucester Oct 5th. Also, didn't know he's an NHL draft pick (2010, 6th rnd FLO). Has there been any other player in recent years to be playing in CCHL after being drafted by an NHL team?

Old
10-07-2012, 10:35 PM
CoasttoCoast

In a effort to compare apples to apples, within a significant sample group, below is results of the first 10 games for all 12 teams. 10 games is 17% of the entire season. Yes schedule strength and one game result can lead to a wide swing in position etc.,this early in. Playing a couple more games then another team at this point can swing the standings way out of wack, so for a clearer picture... the results below are the facts after the first 10 games each.
CP= 14pts +13
SF= 14pts +8
OTT= 14pts +8
Nep= 12pts +8
Pem= 12pts +5
Corn= 12pts +2
Cumb= 11pts -1
Bro= 11pts -2
Kan= 11pts-6
Haw= 8pts -7
Kem= 8pts -13
Glo= 7pts -14
In the first 10, CP, Smith Falls and Ott. have had great and equal starts. CP leads in +-, Ott & CP lead in goals against and Smith Falls lead in goals for. I thought CP would struggle to score, got that wrong. Their record is even more impressive since their anointed #1 goalie has not played a game yet. Smith Falls top line is tearing through the league right now. Ottawa is a huge surprise to me, incredible reload that has looked better each time out in the first 10 games. Maintaining this pace will get you national rankings.
Just 2 pts behind are Nep. Pem. & Cornwall, Nepean has the best +- of this group and are tied for top spot overall in goals against. Maclean is in CIS and the back end is struggling to define itself. Nepean has had a weak schedule, not playing CP or Smiths yet, however they were the first team to beat Pembroke and they lost in OT to Ott. Nepean has not come out and dominated, but high expectations may lead to overly critical review of their start. They have the 4th best start in the league if you use +- as the tiebreaker. The sky is not falling in Nepean and they have plenty of time to get things going and challenge for top spot. Pembroke, another pre-season favourite, has the fewest PIM in the league, their small skilled team had a great 3-0-0 start but only 2 wins in their next 7 games. SK is the master at finishing strong and I wouldn’t bet against him.

Old
10-07-2012, 11:49 PM
EasternOntario Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings87 View Post
Anyone know if Corey Durocher will be playing for Gloucester this weekend? I read on a Hockey News prospects site that he had signed with Peoria (AHL) a couple weeks ago but was returned to Gloucester Oct 5th. Also, didn't know he's an NHL draft pick (2010, 6th rnd FLO). Has there been any other player in recent years to be playing in CCHL after being drafted by an NHL team?
Went to the Grads game today and he wasn't playing. I have seen the Rangers a few times this season and in my opinion they play better without him. Not sure if he had no interest in being there, but the games I saw his compete level was very low.

Old
10-08-2012, 06:35 AM
BackBringCam

Kanata put in a solid 60 minutes lastnight, Colts keeper appeared to struggle with rebound control. Entertaining game
Derian Plouffe is tearing it up with his line of Brandon Petrie and Devon Fullum wracking up points too.

Old
10-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Kings87

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternOntario Fan View Post
Went to the Grads game today and he wasn't playing. I have seen the Rangers a few times this season and in my opinion they play better without him. Not sure if he had no interest in being there, but the games I saw his compete level was very low.
Yes, Gloucester's record so far is better without (4-2-1) than with (1-5) C. Durocher in their lineup. Perhaps it's a question of team chemistry, or perhaps the other players have elevated their games to compensate for his absence. I assume he'd rather be playing major junior or pro, but he'd definitely be an impressive player to watch in this league if his effort level is there.

Old
10-08-2012, 10:20 AM
hardfacts

Another entertaing game at the PMC.....CP had some good chances last night and Smith played well....not sure what the hype is about in Kujava.....but the Smith kid was best player on the ice again.....hrehoriak had another great game...once Wren and Gaudet get healthy wins win come more frequently for Kings!

Great hockey on thanksgiving!

Closed Thread