HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Whats going to happen with Luongo?

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2006, 03:56 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I would not be suprised if he signed just like I would not be if he moved on next season once he is an UFA. I think he will want to be there this season because as mentioned he pushed to have Jokinen signed long term.

Old
05-10-2006, 05:37 PM
oli500

if you ask me luongo is the most overated goaltender in the nhl. He hasent done anything to earn a top goaltender salary and while some might say that all these years hes played infront of a crappy team luongo hasent been able to carry his team to the playoffs. Hell even theodore when he won the vezina brought a crappy montreal canadien squad to the playoffs. This years panthers squad was a much better team than the one theodore carried when he won the vezina. Even with team canada luongo dident look sharp. I dont get all the luongo love from this hab board.

At this point I rather keep huet. Hes allready done more than luongo in one season and this while having a squad that was going no were. Huet will probably cost a lot less and would have more valueble in the long run. while luongo will get max dollars just cause theres 40 shots on him a night. By the way luongo is a goaltender that gives up a huge amount of rebounds like theodore so if youre wondering why his shot total is so high maybe thats one of the reasons. Luongo can stay in florida for all I care. Once he makes the playoffs 2 or 3 times and is a free agent than all be ready to talk contract but for now I would not even consider given up a top player on our roster for luongo.

Old
05-10-2006, 05:44 PM
jester099

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Where the heck did he get THAT contract? That's ridiculous. I'm assuming it's a two-way contract. Why is he getting that kind of money already?
They signed him as a UFA no ?

After he was a contender for the Hobby Baker award or something like that.

I think many teams wanted him.

Old
05-10-2006, 06:06 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96
1) he does wanna play there, he met his wife there, and he enjoys the city
2) contrary to popular belief, he has a good relationship with Keenan
3) he's the one who pushed to get Joikinen signed and it worked,

Luongo will be in a Panthers uniform next season
1. Miami is 100 degrees in the summer, is becoming overcrowded and is surrounded by wasteland. He does have the benefit of no state taxes though. Sunrise Arena is a joke as well. Zero atmosphere.
2. I don't buy it. I think he's insulted by the arbitration thing, but he has nothing to gain from a public war with Keenan.
3. Jokinen is overrated imo. I think he wanted them to demonstrate that they are committed, I don't know that he specifically pushed for Joky.

Old
05-10-2006, 06:10 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1651
Quote:
1. Miami is 100 degrees in the summer, is becoming overcrowded and is surrounded by wasteland. He does have the benefit of no state taxes though. Sunrise Arena is a joke as well. Zero atmosphere.
2. I don't buy it. I think he's insulted by the arbitration thing, but he has nothing to gain from a public war with Keenan.
3. Jokinen is overrated imo. I think he wanted them to demonstrate that they are committed, I don't know that he specifically pushed for Joky.

1. he still loves the city, his wife and her family who lives there too
2. don't buy if you don't want, he was upset with the arbitration thing but he still does have a good relationship with Keenan
3. overrated or not, Luongo likes him and pushed for him to stay in Florida

I know you may not agree, and u may argue back but I am friends with the entire Luongo family, I do know what's going on in his case

Old
05-10-2006, 08:24 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
1. he still loves the city, his wife and her family who lives there too
2. don't buy if you don't want, he was upset with the arbitration thing but he still does have a good relationship with Keenan
3. overrated or not, Luongo likes him and pushed for him to stay in Florida

I know you may not agree, and u may argue back but I am friends with the entire Luongo family, I do know what's going on in his case
I spoke with Luongo last August when he was comming up to montreal and he said he would not mind at all playing here in Montreal if the chance arised.

Old
05-10-2006, 09:00 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf
I spoke with Luongo last August when he was comming up to montreal and he said he would not mind at all playing here in Montreal if the chance arised.

that is completly...the truth, he has said it many times to family and friends that if the chance would arise, he would definatly wanna suit up for the habs. but he aint UFA this season..I dont see him leaving Florida untill the end of next season

Old
05-10-2006, 09:10 PM
tinyzombies

Let's face it. The future's bright for Roberto no matter what he decides. He's gonna get his money no matter what, but the question is, does he want to remain in Florida and watch the fans sit on their fannies with question marks above their heads, or does he want to be a rock star and win a Cup in Montreal. Montreal also has a solid young core of talent with money to spend and freed up space under the cap. That has to be attractive too.

You could argue that the tax situation is better for him in Florida, but you could also argue that the cost of living at that level of income almost evens out and that the Panthers screwed him out of a couple million that he'll never see again. If it were me, I'd laugh and walk away when I could.

Old
05-10-2006, 09:15 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Let's face it. The future's bright for Roberto no matter what he decides. He's gonna get his money no matter what, but the question is, does he want to remain in Florida and watch the fans sit on their fannies with question marks above their heads, or does he want to be a rock star and win a Cup in Montreal. Montreal also has a solid young core of talent with money to spend and freed up space under the cap. That has to be attractive too.

like i said, he wants the chance to play for Montreal and if the chance would arise im sure he would jump on it but that wont happen this summer. he is not UFA.
Besides...for montreal to land Roberto Luongo we gonna have to give up much more then just Huet or Aebischer.

Old
05-10-2006, 09:17 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
like i said, he wants the chance to play for Montreal and if the chance would arise im sure he would jump on it but that wont happen this summer. he is not UFA.
Besides...for montreal to land Roberto Luongo we gonna have to give up much more then just Huet or Aebischer.
I can wait a year....if I have to....

Closed Thread