HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2012-2013 College Hockey Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-08-2012, 10:49 AM
  #76
Digitalbooya
Harding is Superman!
 
Digitalbooya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 2,573
vCash: 500
The badgers beat team USA U-18. 5-0

Digitalbooya is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 11:39 AM
  #77
BuddyMcCormick
Registered User
 
BuddyMcCormick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalbooya View Post
The badgers beat team USA U-18. 5-0
I can beat a 12 year old in football. I don't see how that is celebratory.

BuddyMcCormick is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 12:52 PM
  #78
Digitalbooya
Harding is Superman!
 
Digitalbooya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 2,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
I can beat a 12 year old in football. I don't see how that is celebratory.
Well then.

Digitalbooya is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 01:28 PM
  #79
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalbooya View Post
The badgers beat team USA U-18. 5-0
True but as of right now the NCAA is beating Nic Kerdiles.

__________________
Blog: First Round Bust: A Cast of Thousands celebrating a rather dodgy track record of Minnesota Wild Drafting.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 02:02 PM
  #80
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic
 
Jaykay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
True but as of right now the NCAA is beating Nic Kerdiles.
Hiiiiiyooooo!!! What's the word on this? Is there actually a chance he'll be ineligible all year and go the WHL route?

Jaykay is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 02:08 PM
  #81
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykay View Post
Hiiiiiyooooo!!! What's the word on this? Is there actually a chance he'll be ineligible all year and go the WHL route?
Right now he is ineligible for a year but Wisconsin is appealing. I'd guess Kerdiles would be WHL-bound if it is upheld, which honestly is a shame for NCAA hockey regardless of who you cheer for.

GopherState is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 02:24 PM
  #82
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic
 
Jaykay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Right now he is ineligible for a year but Wisconsin is appealing. I'd guess Kerdiles would be WHL-bound if it is upheld, which honestly is a shame for NCAA hockey regardless of who you cheer for.
The whole WHL movement is becoming a disturbing trend, especially for the USNTDP kids.

Jaykay is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 02:25 PM
  #83
Digitalbooya
Harding is Superman!
 
Digitalbooya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 2,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Right now he is ineligible for a year but Wisconsin is appealing. I'd guess Kerdiles would be WHL-bound if it is upheld, which honestly is a shame for NCAA hockey regardless of who you cheer for.
I was looking forward to seeing him play

Digitalbooya is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 04:08 PM
  #84
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykay View Post
The whole WHL movement is becoming a disturbing trend, especially for the USNTDP kids.
Well in this case, he'd be going to the CHL because he's ineligible to play in the NCAA, not from some fleeing of his college commitment. If he wants to make the NHL some day, he doesn't have really any other choice unless he signs in the AHL.

squidz* is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 04:12 PM
  #85
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,197
vCash: 500
What did Kerdloes do ?

I'm assuming Portland owns his rights ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 04:16 PM
  #86
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem
 
this providence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 9,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
What did Kerdloes do ?
He posed/posted this...


__________________

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 04:22 PM
  #87
forthewild
Registered User
 
forthewild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,624
vCash: 500
Kerdiles would be better served to go whl and say screw it to ncaa , NCAA is so corrupt and its sickening when they bend a youngkid over the barrel while damn near every big football program and basketball program are paying kids to play for em,

NCAA is a joke

forthewild is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 04:26 PM
  #88
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem
 
this providence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 9,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
NCAA is a joke
Quite the understatement. They're lucky this is a hockey thing. Can't imagine the type of hell they'd be catching if ESPN, CBS, NBC, and FOX where to bang away on this if it were one of the cash cow sports.

this providence is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 04:28 PM
  #89
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Quite the understatement. They're lucky this is a hockey thing. Can't imagine the type of hell they'd be catching if ESPN, CBS, NBC, and FOX where to bang away on this if it were one of the cash cow sports.
Just go back a couple years to Cam Newton.

GopherState is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 04:29 PM
  #90
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
Kerdiles would be better served to go whl and say screw it to ncaa , NCAA is so corrupt and its sickening when they bend a youngkid over the barrel while damn near every big football program and basketball program are paying kids to play for em,

NCAA is a joke
Wait, Kerdiles should play in the CHL because the NCAA is corrupt? Don't people usually think you should go with the lesser of two evils?

The WHL doesn't have quite the rap sheet that the OHL does, but it's still part of the CHL and still likely engages in the exact same underhanded dealings.

squidz* is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 04:58 PM
  #91
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,197
vCash: 500
The WHL is likely the least corrupt CHL league...

And is that beer in the picture ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 05:11 PM
  #92
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic
 
Jaykay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Well in this case, he'd be going to the CHL because he's ineligible to play in the NCAA, not from some fleeing of his college commitment. If he wants to make the NHL some day, he doesn't have really any other choice unless he signs in the AHL.
I wasn't speaking about Kerdiles personally as I understand why he's doing it. I just find it strange that so many kids in the UNITED STATES national team development program go to Canada instead of staying in the States. It may be a better developmental path but unless you're someone like Seth Jones who is a sure-fire NHLer I would think you would want to have a college education to fall back on if hockey doesn't work out.

Jaykay is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 05:18 PM
  #93
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykay View Post
I wasn't speaking about Kerdiles personally as I understand why he's doing it. I just find it strange that so many kids in the UNITED STATES national team development program go to Canada instead of staying in the States. It may be a better developmental path but unless you're someone like Seth Jones who is a sure-fire NHLer I would think you would want to have a college education to fall back on if hockey doesn't work out.
The OHL has a lot of issues with underhanded recruiting. Specifically, there's a lot of claims of paying players off to abandon their NCAA commitments. There's little solid proof of it happening, but it almost certainly does happen.

squidz* is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 08:54 PM
  #94
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
The OHL has a lot of issues with underhanded recruiting. Specifically, there's a lot of claims of paying players off to abandon their NCAA commitments. There's little solid proof of it happening, but it almost certainly does happen.
I can tell you that it does happen in the Q.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 04:58 PM
  #95
Jbcraig1883
Registered User
 
Jbcraig1883's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Louisville, KY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,171
vCash: 500
Any streams for FSN to watch the Gophers?

Jbcraig1883 is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 05:49 PM
  #96
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic
 
Jaykay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,116
vCash: 500
I almost forgot that he would be in this game but Draeger is on the 1st D pairing with Chelios' kid.

Jaykay is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 06:16 PM
  #97
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8
 
tomgilbertfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 8,221
vCash: 500
God I've missed hockey.

tomgilbertfan is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 06:17 PM
  #98
OpRedDawn*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,129
vCash: 500
LOOKS PRETTY EMPTY

caps

Goal woo

OpRedDawn* is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 06:36 PM
  #99
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic
 
Jaykay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,116
vCash: 500
3-0 Gophs over Michigan State with 5:00 left in the 1st......it's too easy.

Jaykay is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 06:51 PM
  #100
melinko
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 3,883
vCash: 500
I missed the 1st thinking it would start at 7

melinko is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.