HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Omark Thread: Willing to play in the AHL?

Old
10-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
Whats most sad is that your making posts about players that will never have the chance to play in the nhl while clearly the wings belive in them. You could just have said thats your misstake.
Instead you want to ramble about how that player surpassed Omark, hey if he has thats all good for him. I think they both have a good year in the league.
OK, its my mistake not knowing the Wings had shown some interest in Brunner. Obviously I did not know that, and the IHDB did not indicate that. My bad totally.
I did know the player had been a regular scorer and performs quite well in Europe. But again at AGe 26 and 176lbs I saw him immediately as a nonfit here. Not sure how this part isn't clear almost as a rule. Hope he does well with the Wings but I dunno.

Quote:
And yea okc has a descent lineup. But its not even the quality of a bottom nhl team..
I mean i understand its exciting for you guys to have Eberle, Rnh, Mps, Lander etc down there but if you think thats somehow the best hockey in the world id think your crazy..
No, I was countering your notion of Europe offering up the best hockey. The AHL is fairly stacked.
Quote:
KHL is right now the best league in the world. You can knock on europe all day, but untill there is nhl hockey again (wich hopefully is sooner rather than later, but looks like it can take a while) the best league in the world is in the KHL.
Yeah, wasn't sure whether you meant Europe specifically or Russia. You know I'm not going to argue about this and more and more I'm having a softspot towards the KHL and looking at big things for that league. I honestly wish I could get games on Telly and I'd watch. I've always liked Russian hockey in the first place and for several decades I have. Not sure if you know that.

But yeah, no argument about the KHL. But linus had very bad +/- there.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Philly85
Raps'

take it for what its worth, but I have a friend of mine, in fact one of my best and closest friends in my life time, currently living near Zug with his wife. He's been there for just over 2 years. He's a proud Canadian boy, used to play hockey at a very high level here in Alberta before injuries and other things happened to him and he chose a different path. Anyways he knows about the game and has been watching HC Zug quite a bit since moving to Switzerland, almost every game since he's been there. I talked to him just a few days ago so this was recent, but he's commented on Omark since he's arrived, telling me he looks damn good, that he plays hard and is probably the club's best player, but that the team overall, both historically and in the present, have been complete garbage. So I wouldn't chalk up that -2 to Omark being the same old liability with little to no other dimensions to his game. Although who knows. But they also play a much different brand of hockey there, philosophically at least. Things in general are different. Funny, my friend also mentioned Damien Brunner and said he recently heard about Detroit getting him. He told me thought Omark was a "significantly better player" than Brunner. That's about all I got.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Bergeron47

vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
take it for what its worth, but I have a friend of mine, in fact one of my best and closest friends in my life time, currently living near Zug with his wife. He's been there for just over 2 years. He's a proud Canadian boy, used to play hockey at a very high level here in Alberta before injuries and other things happened to him and he chose a different path. Anyways he knows about the game and has been watching HC Zug quite a bit since moving to Switzerland, almost every game since he's been there. I talked to him just a few days ago so this was recent, but he's commented on Omark since he's arrived, telling me he looks damn good, that he plays hard and is probably the club's best player, but that the team overall, both historically and in the present, have been complete garbage. So I wouldn't chalk up that -2 to Omark being the same old liability with little to no other dimensions to his game. Although who knows. But they also play a much different brand of hockey there, philosophically at least. Things in general are different. Funny, my friend also mentioned Damien Brunner and said he recently heard about Detroit getting him. He told me thought Omark was a "significantly better player" than Brunner. That's about all I got.
Did he say which parts of his game are superior?
Omark: 7 pts in 6 games, Brunner 8 pts in 4 games. I know it's a small sample size..

Bergeron47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Philly85
Raps'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
Did he say which parts of his game are superior?
Omark: 7 pts in 6 games, Brunner 8 pts in 4 games. I know it's a small sample size..
To be fair I think he said he was an Omark fan going in and used to watch him back in the KHL as well as in Lulea. Also, Brenner has played on the same team for many years. He told me stylistically at least and skill wise Omark has looked good and is just so creative, better than anyone on the team in that respect.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 02:55 PM
Ragan

Omark tied for the lead in scoring in Switzerland.

http://www.nationalleague.ch/NL/spie...tistik_nla.php

Ragan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Seedling
Tier 7 fan (ballcap)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragan View Post
Omark tied for the lead in scoring in Switzerland.

http://www.nationalleague.ch/NL/spie...tistik_nla.php
Rico Fata is seventh........

Seedling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Ragss

Rico Fata! Only reason I know that name is cause in NHL 07 he was the fastest free agent in the whole game so I always signed him.

Ragss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Omark is in his element. No surprises there.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 02:26 AM
Ragan

Quote:
Rico Fata is seventh........
Well, and Michel Riesen is 18th

Old
10-08-2012, 02:59 AM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Well, and Michel Riesen is 18th
I remember hoping that one of Riesen or Henrich would become a 30 goal scorer for us, I never even seen them play and both busted hard.

10-08-2012, 05:23 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I remember hoping that one of Riesen or Henrich would become a 30 goal scorer for us, I never even seen them play and both busted hard.
both busted big time.

I thinking pointing out Fata and Rieson are so high in pts puts the league into perspective

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 07:53 AM
McDorian2
Positional Bias.

I've got Fata's rookie card. Maybe it's worth 7 cents instead of 5 cents now! I knew I made a good investment.

McDorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 08:30 AM
Ragan

Wonder if Zetterberg will play on the same line as Omark now that they will become team mates in Zug?

Old
10-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Krigaren*

Quote:
Wonder if Zetterberg will play on the same line as Omark now that they will become team mates in Zug?
Doubtful, but maybe. I think Brunner will most likely be in his line sense he be joining the wings.
But sure sense they are both swedes he might get to play the other wing.

Krigaren* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Ragan

Quote:
Doubtful, but maybe. I think Brunner will most likely be in his line sense he be joining the wings.
Omark and Brunner seems to have had decent chemistry (being 1 and 1 in scoring) so it might be a bad idea to split them?

Possible future Red Wings line if they take Omark off us :-)

Old
10-08-2012, 09:42 AM
Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
Well, they've got Omark/Holden/Brunner as a first line at the moment.
Holden is a center, as is Zetterberg.
The most obvious move would be to replace Holden with Zetterberg on that first line.

Son of Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Krigaren*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Krypton View Post
Well, they've got Omark/Holden/Brunner as a first line at the moment.
Holden is a center, as is Zetterberg.
The most obvious move would be to replace Holden with Zetterberg on that first line.
I know, but then also the first line is pretty much the only line producing in zug. I would think bringing in Zetterberg they would look into having atleast two lines producing.
They might keep Omark with Brunner thou and just let zetterberg have a first line on his own. I mean that dude will be able to kill it in Swiz no mather who he is playing with.
But then again, they might go with the Omark Zetterberg Brunner line sure.

Krigaren* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Spadman

fyi: Zugs coach Doug Shedden stated that he is going to play Zetterberg and Brunner on the same line.

Spadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 01:33 PM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

vCash: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spadman View Post
fyi: Zugs coach Doug Shedden stated that he is going to play Zetterberg and Brunner on the same line.
I wonder if there's any behind the scenes action on the part of Red Wings management/coaching on this one. Babcock pulls Zetterberg aside one day and says, "Hey, Zata, if you're going overseas, why not sign with Brunner's team, get a little chemistry going? I'll make a quick call to the coach and make sure he puts you on a line together. Oh, and while you're there, maybe take a look at Omark up close for me, see what he's got."

In all seriousness, Henrik friggin Zetterberg suddenly centering the top-scoring wingers in the league is going to have a lot of opposing players crapping in their lederhosen. Omark must be on cloud nine. Hopefully working with a complete player like Zetterberg for a season will teach him a thing or two.

NAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 05:24 PM
McClelland

I think they will play Omark Holden Suri as they did in european trophy before Brunner arrived,that line worked very well. Zetterberg with Brunner and schnyder.If /when the lockout ends they have a 1st line intact. Probably omark,zetterberg and Brunner will see time together anyway in some pp shifts and late in close games.

Saw a intresting statement about omark from Krueger in swiss media, when they had asked him about Omark.

«He is a feisty, aggressive, focused and competitive player; highly skilled playmaker who can score (assist to goal ratio ca. 3 to 1), a winger by nature, a strong personality, good guy, a little shy and he will be good for the fans. Passionate in all he does.»

A opening to show up at camp next season? Probably not,but you never know whats happening.

McClelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

A fan probably brought the subject up but props to Omark for tweeting this last night.

Quote:
Linus Omark ‏@RealLinusOmark
Always will have Edmonton in heart no matter where I go to play

Old
10-08-2012, 06:15 PM
McClelland

thats a fake account! limpanomark is his real one.

McClelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClelland View Post
thats a fake account! limpanomark is his real one.
Doh! Stupid Twitter! A friend re-tweeted the comment. I'd better let him know.

Old
10-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClelland View Post
I think they will play Omark Holden Suri as they did in european trophy before Brunner arrived,that line worked very well. Zetterberg with Brunner and schnyder.If /when the lockout ends they have a 1st line intact. Probably omark,zetterberg and Brunner will see time together anyway in some pp shifts and late in close games.

Saw a intresting statement about omark from Krueger in swiss media, when they had asked him about Omark.

«He is a feisty, aggressive, focused and competitive player; highly skilled playmaker who can score (assist to goal ratio ca. 3 to 1), a winger by nature, a strong personality, good guy, a little shy and he will be good for the fans. Passionate in all he does.»

A opening to show up at camp next season? Probably not,but you never know whats happening.
I never like it when a coach craps on a player in public, so that was a nice gesture by Krueger. I'd think that Linus would rather play for Ralph than Renney for what it's worth.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 12:54 AM
lakai17

Michel Riesen ripping up the Swiss league as well boys! oh wait.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote