HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor and Proposal Thread Part III

View Poll Results: Would you accept the Edmonton Oilers acquiring Luongo from the Vancouver Canucks?
Yes 103 35.64%
No 186 64.36%
Voters: 289. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Bangers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post

Some Canuck fans are thinking they can get Eberle for Luongo based on some comments from a Canucks sportswriter.
Lol, the funniest thing about this trade is that the lockout is removing a year from Luongo's prime, so the longer it drags on, the less valuable he becomes.

On the other hand, the Oilers are just a little bit closer to saying goodbye to the Horcoff/Khabibulin contracts...

Last edited by Bryanbryoil: 10-08-2012 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Removed link to prevent a **** storm
Old
10-08-2012, 08:08 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krut View Post

The fact that some of them are gullible enough to A) believe anything that that Nuck worm Botchford says and B) think that the Oilers would trade Eberle for Luongo is nothing but comical.

I also wasn't too surprised to see the "Eberle obviously wants to get out of that dump Edmonton" theory in the first few posts.
The funny thing is that Eberle loves Edmonton. With his personality I definitely see him as being a Sakic/Yzerman type leader in a few years. Last guy on the Oilers Id be willing to trade.

Old
10-08-2012, 08:13 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 2458
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
How is this, please explain.
Last year they played together and when Plante did not play with Teubert he got rather nasty reviews of his play, but when he played with Teubert he got positive reviews

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
Old
10-08-2012, 08:18 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

Quote:

Some Canuck fans are thinking they can get Eberle for Luongo based on some comments from a Canucks sportswriter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
Canuck fans will be seriously underwhelmed by the return for Luongo when a trade finally happens. That contract will seriously impact the return, nuck fans are delusional if they think otherwise.
Remember you can disagree with canuck fans at all or you will be called a hater--on any subject.

I tried to point out that this is year five of Gillis being GM and he has drafted only two guys who have played in the NHL Sauve and Hodgson and that most scouting sites have them in the lower quarter for team ranking with prospects. I even suggested that his is becuase like with any team, they have been drafting more later in the draft and not getting top prospects.. but this was lost on some of them and they just went off on me and the oilers. Their love in with Ballard and Tanev is getting funnier every day. About a week ago they suggested Ballard would be a top two guy on the oilers.

As for the pay off fo Luongo, I think they will get prospects back for him and maybe a conditional first rounder. There was one thread on the trade board were a few canuck posters suggested that they will get a top ten pick, top 6 FW and a top prospect with Luongo--did not end well--funny discussion mostly because posts kept on vanishing

Last edited by Bryanbryoil: 10-08-2012 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Removed link to prevent a **** storm
Old
10-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Krut

Reading their board is like banging your head against a wall.

Check out this gem:

Quote:
If Edler weren't a year from UFA, you'd be adding to Yakupov to get him.

Old
10-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Lynas12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
When Klefbom breaks into the NHL I wouldn't expect to see him on the bottom pairing.
Agree. I'd say they're hoping he's a top 2 eventually.

Old
10-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Qrispy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krut View Post
Reading their board is like banging your head against a wall.

Check out this gem:

Why do people even feel the need to go to their board and add fuel to the fire. We're better than that. Let them keep dreaming that they can get Eberle or Yakupov.

Old
10-08-2012, 09:25 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuBOT View Post
Why do people even feel the need to go to their board and add fuel to the fire. We're better than that. Let them keep dreaming that they can get Eberle or Yakupov.
After proving them wrong on several things and refusing to change my avitar, I am no longer welcomed on their board --it is funny on the main board when they get upset when people disagree with them and back things up with more stats then opinion.

I think they are nervous because they know the window for them to win is closing and with the Sedin nearing 33 and only 3 players under the age of 24 play 20+ games and not that much depth on the farm, they need to score some solid late round picks that Nonis is famous for to replenish the nhl line up.

The one thing the oilers have is lots and lots of either NHL ready prospects or near NHL ready prospects

Old
10-08-2012, 09:27 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynas12 View Post
Agree. I'd say they're hoping he's a top 2 eventually.
I saw Klefbom play a few games and I believe the hype. He sees the game very well and knows how to play both ends of the ice.

Old
10-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Bryanbryoil

Just because there are some fans there that seem out of touch, it doesn't mean that we should lump the whole fanbase in with them. It also doesn't give anyone the right to go there and stir the pot. If it is brought up on the main board then there is a bit more leeway there as it is a neutral board. In the meantime I'll just say that anyone that thinks that they'd get Eberle for Luongo is dreaming.

10-08-2012, 09:36 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

I think the big wild card for this CBA is what happens to the cap and the rumoured--even if the guy retires part of the cap will count against the team holding his contract at the end of the day.

Luongo is one of twelve or so contracts that you can almost see the year they retire--I do not see Luongo playing for 1mill a year. And I hope the NHL and the NHLPA does something to the teams that signed them to those contracts. Because if in the new CBA there is a clause covering players who retire early a contract like Luongos that goes on till 2022 will be hard to move. The last two years of his deal at at 1mill, 3rd to last is 1.6 and the 4th to last is 3.3. 17/18 he is making 6.7mill a year. Luongo is 33 and might have 4 good years left to take him to 37--there are 6 more years after that

Old
10-08-2012, 10:35 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Just because there are some fans there that seem out of touch, it doesn't mean that we should lump the whole fanbase in with them. It also doesn't give anyone the right to go there and stir the pot. If it is brought up on the main board then there is a bit more leeway there as it is a neutral board. In the meantime I'll just say that anyone that thinks that they'd get Eberle for Luongo is dreaming.
At least a good portion of the Canucks were smart enough to realize Eberle is going nowhere. There were a few stupid posts, but that can be expected.

Not that we ever see anyo of those around here...

Old
10-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
At least a good portion of the Canucks were smart enough to realize Eberle is going nowhere. There were a few stupid posts, but that can be expected.

Not that we ever see anyo of those around here...
Everyone wants their team to pull a fast one on another in trade, but Gillis would be names GM of the decade if he could pull that trade off. It seems that some people don't see the term on Luongo's deal as a minus in terms of his value. IMO it makes a good player very hard to trade.

Old
10-08-2012, 10:48 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

Quote:
but it is so funny when they stir the pot on other boards and then act like they did nothing at all. Every fan base has their fair share of nut jobs--some have a lot more then others thou

funnest discussion I had in while was the one where I tried to explain to them they nearly got knocked out in the first round last playoffs as well. They seemed oblivious to how close the hawks came to knocking them out

Old
10-08-2012, 10:51 PM
OilGuns

Where is this, can I get a link ? I want to see this lol, sorry I looked in there thread and couldn't seem to find it.

Old
10-08-2012, 10:56 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Everyone wants their team to pull a fast one on another in trade, but Gillis would be names GM of the decade if he could pull that trade off. It seems that some people don't see the term on Luongo's deal as a minus in terms of his value. IMO it makes a good player very hard to trade.
It makes him nearly impossible to deal, at least for the value they would like to get.

The fact that the goalie market is very weak right now does not help them. I am sure Florida and Vancouver will get it done at some point, but the Canucks have literally zero leverage right now because teams know they want to get rid of him and have no desire to keep that much $ tied up in net and still to improve the team at the deadline to make another push.

I would say they take as much cap relief they can get and hope they got a decent pick or prospect along with the cap space.

Old
10-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGuns View Post
Where is this, can I get a link ? I want to see this lol, sorry I looked in there thread and couldn't seem to find it.
I deleted the link because I didn't want it to turn into a **** show there. It's on the Canucks board so post there in the same way that you'd expect a Canucks fan to be allowed to post here.

Old
10-08-2012, 11:18 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
It makes him nearly impossible to deal, at least for the value they would like to get.

The fact that the goalie market is very weak right now does not help them. I am sure Florida and Vancouver will get it done at some point, but the Canucks have literally zero leverage right now because teams know they want to get rid of him and have no desire to keep that much $ tied up in net and still to improve the team at the deadline to make another push.

I would say they take as much cap relief they can get and hope they got a decent pick or prospect along with the cap space.
the big wild card with the panthers is the fact they got their future number one goalie in the system with Jacob Markstrom and he is almost ready for the show. One or two years as the back up and then he starts full time. I do not see the Panthers trading away a first rounder, one of the top prospects and someone off their rosters for Luongo ( as several of the offers from Vancouver has been) only to find themselves in the same position is right now in 3 years

Old
10-08-2012, 11:39 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

Quote:
I deleted the link because I didn't want it to turn into a **** show there. It's on the Canucks board so post there in the same way that you'd expect a Canucks fan to be allowed to post here.
BBO did you have one of those senior moments where you suddenly realized you open the door to the loony bin and then went "crap" and tried to shut it before to many loonies escaped

Old
10-09-2012, 02:32 PM
gooilgo
Fire MacLowe

Quote:
Now there is a Canuck fan on the main board saying Chris Tanev would cost PRV + Klefbom !!! (Why the hell we would want Tanev I have no idea)

Do they take an oath of stupidity to join that fanbase????

Old
10-09-2012, 03:36 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

Quote:
Now there is a Canuck fan on the main board saying Chris Tanev would cost PRV + Klefbom !!! (Why the hell we would want Tanev I have no idea)

Because Tanev had one good game and one talking head is in love with him MOST canuck fans have gone to the dark side with the love in with him. There has been several discussions where Norris and Tanev in the near future was used.

Their fan base has a love in with both Ballard and Tanev and believe on any other team that would be a top pairing d-man

Old
10-09-2012, 04:25 PM
frag2

Quote:

Oh yes it does

Old
10-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Doppler Drift

Quote:

One moron does not a fanbase make. We have a few members here in HF Oil that post some doozies too.

Old
10-09-2012, 05:35 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppler Drift View Post
One moron does not a fanbase make. We have a few members here in HF Oil that post some doozies too.
In Tanev's and Ballard's case it is not one poster. I suggest you review a few of the threads that imploded on the topic of those two players. According to many canuck posters both would be our top pairing difference and pull down down 20+minutes per night and work both top line PP and SH.

Earlier they were trying to convince a few people on the main trade board that for either one it would cost us our number 1 pick in 2013 and Eberle. I thought they were joking, but their fan base closed ranks. Their fan base thinks very highly of both players and even though Ballard has been injured and was a healthy scratch for the playoff drive--that means nothing he is still, according to many of them, a top pairing d-man and any disagreement on the subject is not a good place to go with them

Old
10-09-2012, 05:43 PM
NewBoysClub97
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
What happens when you have some good D is guys like Tanev get overrated when they are playing by the bottom because the team overall is doing well. It seems like any guy they bring up to play is all world according to my friends.

The whole thing started with Jason Botchford. Mr "Gaborik has purchased a house here and I am sticking to that story" lol.

Closed Thread