HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers-Ducks

Old
10-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Oillio*
OMB god

vCash: 500
a big no-thanks from edm.

Oillio* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 02:56 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
You always don't think anything Oilers is good enough.

I do not see any ream doing it. Edmonton would love DSP though
Not quite true. I just think with Hemsky's injury history that he wouldn't be enough for Smith-Pelley.Just to say a healthy Hemsky would be loved by any team in the league.
Smith-Pelley for Hemsky + is what i do believe is what it would take.I'm not quite sure what the + would be but some Duck fans would have a good ideal on what it would have to be.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Paul4587

The Ducks have no need for Hemsky. We're set on RW and he's not the type of player we're looking for anyway.

Paul4587 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 03:44 PM
MessierII

Not sure I could part with Harti right now I see him as a future player.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

If Teemu had not come back then I would do this. But he did come back and next year Etem should be ready.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 10:13 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
no one even knows who Hartikainen is outside the Edmonton Oiler organization/fan base it seems. Hartikainen is a beast.

I wouldn't trade Hemsky straight up for DSP until he can prove something.
trust me Anaheim would not trade DSP straight up for Hemsky either, last thing we need is to get softer, older, more injury prone.

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 12:50 AM
Oillio*
OMB god

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
trust me Anaheim would not trade DSP straight up for Hemsky either, last thing we need is to get softer, older, more injury prone.
yeah its not like .8 ppg players grow on trees...

smh

Oillio* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 01:02 AM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oillio View Post

smh
Sadly, that's not really the point. If a player isn't on the ice, he isn't producing, and Hemsky has a great deal of trouble staying healthy. Furthermore, as mentioned, Hemsky's position isn't a need in Anaheim. From Anaheim's perspective, it just makes more sense to hold on to DSP, and let Etem or Palmieri(or more likely both) fill spots instead.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 01:04 AM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
If Teemu had not come back then I would do this. But he did come back and next year Etem should be ready.
That means you'd be willing to trade DSP for one season, and a season where Anaheim is almost certainly not contending. That's pretty poor asset management.

Old
10-09-2012, 02:00 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
See, it's ridiculous posts like this that are why Hemsky shouldn't be included in any offers

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 02:29 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
See, it's ridiculous posts like this that are why Hemsky shouldn't be included in any offers
much like Ballard

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 02:43 AM
Philly85
Moody'

There is no point in offering up Hemsky in trade proposals because A) his value is at an all time low, and B) fans of other teams think, for the most part, that he is an overrated band aid of a player who's best days are behind him, leading to C) unreasonable if not downright insulting trade offers.

It's pretty simple really.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 03:33 AM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

People need to watch more Hemsky highlight videos. NO player in the league plays the way Hemsky does. This guy can dance.

Aceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 03:34 AM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
People need to watch more Hemsky highlight videos. NO player in the league plays the way Hemsky does. This guy can dance.
And he's got a disgusting looking cap hit.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 04:15 AM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
That's all well and good, but this is the NHL, not Dancing with the Stars. We're talking about an offensive winger. Whether he can pirouette is less significant than the numbers he can put up, and whether he can stay healthy enough to stay on the ice to do so. Even if I buy that he's a unique player, which I don't, it has no significance on his value to Anaheim. With prospects like Palmieri and Etem knocking on the door, and Selanne, Perry, and Ryan already there, what is Anaheim's motivation here?

The value of this proposal is less important than Anaheim's needs, and Anaheim just doesn't need Hemsky. Not at the expense of DSP, who they do need.

Old
10-09-2012, 04:36 AM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
That's all well and good, but this is the NHL, not Dancing with the Stars. We're talking about an offensive winger. Whether he can pirouette is less significant than the numbers he can put up, and whether he can stay healthy enough to stay on the ice to do so. Even if I buy that he's a unique player, which I don't, it has no significance on his value to Anaheim. With prospects like Palmieri and Etem knocking on the door, and Selanne, Perry, and Ryan already there, what is Anaheim's motivation here?

The value of this proposal is less important than Anaheim's needs, and Anaheim just doesn't need Hemsky. Not at the expense of DSP, who they do need.
I wasn't even commenting on the trade itself. Just on the value of Hemsky.

He had 8 points in 10 games at the WCs. Right now he is at 4 points in 6 games with HC Pardubice.

In 2010-2011 he had 42 points in 47 games.

I can understand questioning his health, but you can't really knock this guys skill.

25 points in 27 career games vs the Kings. I am pretty sure that would be appealing to a division rival....

Old
10-09-2012, 04:55 AM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
I wasn't even commenting on the trade itself. Just on the value of Hemsky.

He had 8 points in 10 games at the WCs. Right now he is at 4 points in 6 games with HC Pardubice.

In 2010-2011 he had 42 points in 47 games.

I can understand questioning his health, but you can't really knock this guys skill.

25 points in 27 career games vs the Kings. I am pretty sure that would be appealing to a division rival....
No, you're absolutely right. He is a very talented player. I think he tends to get undervalued a bit, even considering his questionable health. That's why I tried to point out that, from Anaheim's perspective, this is less about value and more about team need. I'll plainly say that, in my opinion, Edmonton deserves to get more for Hemsky than I think Anaheim would be willing to offer. This isn't a slight of any kind towards Hemsky. It's just that if Anaheim were going to trade DSP, a player they are in love with(probably a bit too much, if I'm being honest), it would be to fill an actual need. Hemsky would definitely be a nice addition, but in the way adding whipped cream, and a cherry, can be a nice addition to a banana split.

Old
10-09-2012, 05:02 AM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
No, you're absolutely right. He is a very talented player. I think he tends to get undervalued a bit, even considering his questionable health. That's why I tried to point out that, from Anaheim's perspective, this is less about value and more about team need. I'll plainly say that, in my opinion, Edmonton deserves to get more for Hemsky than I think Anaheim would be willing to offer. This isn't a slight of any kind towards Hemsky. It's just that if Anaheim were going to trade DSP, a player they are in love with(probably a bit too much, if I'm being honest), it would be to fill an actual need. Hemsky would definitely be a nice addition, but in the way adding whipped cream, and a cherry, can be a nice addition to a banana split.
For sure, I completely agree. Etem should be on the roster soon enough. No need for a veteran winger.

I am sure you guys would love to have Smid though lol.

Old
10-09-2012, 05:07 AM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
For sure, I completely agree. Etem should be on the roster soon enough. No need for a veteran winger.

I would have liked to have Smid before we traded to get Beauchemin back. :/ What a headache that turned out to be. Let a guy walk, only to give up valuable assets to get him back. Murray expected too much of Sbisa too soon, and left a gaping hole in our blue line. It's hard to miss Smid too much though, since that deal ultimately lead to a Cup. No doubt it's been pretty good for Edmonton, but a Cup is a Cup. I'd definitely make that trade again, in a heartbeat.

Old
10-09-2012, 09:57 AM
Suddenly7

Quote:

I think we are good with the defensemen we have a the moment. Smid wouldn't really make a big impact so there isn't a need for him. As a fan I think we will be holding off trades with the Oilers not only because of the Schultz deal, but because we don't need anyone off your team without overpaying.

Suddenly7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 10:58 AM
frag2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Please, no threads involving Hemsky. Every time someone makes a trade thread with a player, their perceived value on HF goes down a little bit more.

The Oilers would be much better suited to let it ride and see if Hemsky can return to being a near-PPG player, and no other teams are gonna trade solid assets for such a volatile risk/reward player.
Even if he's PPG, he'll be underrated so it's no biggie

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 06:23 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oillio* View Post

smh
Highly injury prone, soft players who make 4 million dollars are not in high demand, and I wouldn't trade a 20 year old wrecking ball who plays the game the right way to get him and I wouldn't expect EDM to trade him when his value is so low

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 06:54 PM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
no one even knows who Hartikainen is outside the Edmonton Oiler organization/fan base it seems. Hartikainen is a beast.

I wouldn't trade Hemsky straight up for DSP until he can prove something.
Hartikainen is a rough project, yet he still performed well on the Oils top line. The kid is physical, aggressive and is much faster than he looks.

The downside I would say is his hockey IQ. To many men etc... He makes bad mistakes, and sloppy turnovers. But those things can be coached. I love this guy.

Old
10-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzoilerfan View Post
Can't blame EDM for Schultz leaving Anaheim. Blame Ducks management for not getting the situation sorted beforehand. (Oilers trading Riley Nash before he reached UFA).

EDM keeps Hemsky, unless they get an upgrade type deal. They are done going younger I think.

We need the veteran presence in our top six, and Hemsky is a brilliant top six player when Healthy.
Nash was also upfront about his intentions, while Schultz lied about his. Thats besides the point though, I doubt it would restrict trading between the two teams.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 01:16 AM
oilwings

Getting J. Schultz was just perfect. The Ducks used the Oilers 2nd round pick in the Penner rfa signing to draft Schultz.

oilwings is offline   Reply With Quote