HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Prospects Tracker - Part IV - The Search for More Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2012, 09:32 PM
TNigs

vCash: 500
Two of our prospects got match penalties for slew footing... how amazing is that.
Hudon and Frk
Hudon is actually putting up points this year, and he always has hits in the box score, he's finally getting adjusted to the Q.

Old
10-07-2012, 03:27 AM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

In a weird way, I don't mind that Frk is such a dirty player. He has to tone it down a bit, but it wouldn't be so bad to have a guy that will be kind of a pest to the other team while still contributing. He seemed to have Huberdeau pretty angry there, and that's exactly the guy you want sitting in the box for 5 if you're Halifax. His goal was off of a pretty nice point shot too.

If he can turn into a 15-20 goal guy who is hated by the other team and occasionally drives quality players to take stupid penalties, he'd be a decent contributor.

Old
10-07-2012, 05:22 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Pulkkinen playing or perhaps that should be starting with Filppula and Ruutu in today's home game versus Lukko.

Old
10-07-2012, 10:03 AM
probertrules24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eerie Hurdler View Post
In a weird way, I don't mind that Frk is such a dirty player. He has to tone it down a bit, but it wouldn't be so bad to have a guy that will be kind of a pest to the other team while still contributing. He seemed to have Huberdeau pretty angry there, and that's exactly the guy you want sitting in the box for 5 if you're Halifax. His goal was off of a pretty nice point shot too.

If he can turn into a 15-20 goal guy who is hated by the other team and occasionally drives quality players to take stupid penalties, he'd be a decent contributor.
I see a few similarities with Martin Lapointe. Both coming out of the Q, though Marty looked to be the better offensive junior player they are both around the same size and both right handed shots. If Frk can score at the 15-15 mark and lay some guys out I would be very happy with the pick.

Old
10-07-2012, 01:48 PM
Konnan511
#FreePulu

Send a message via AIM to Konnan511
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnichols14 View Post
Patterson got the win tonight 2-1 in the shootout, he 32/33 .969 save% and I think a .923 GAA, 1st star of the game
Ouellet with an assist, 3rd star of the game
Sproul 0-0
Andreas Athanasiou with a goal and assist, 1st star of the game

so aside from Sproul great night for our CHL prospects
Not allowing goals is the first priority of a DMan, good game by Sproul.

Old
10-07-2012, 03:33 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by probertrules24 View Post
I see a few similarities with Martin Lapointe. Both coming out of the Q, though Marty looked to be the better offensive junior player they are both around the same size and both right handed shots. If Frk can score at the 15-15 mark and lay some guys out I would be very happy with the pick.
Lapointe was more of a scrappy type player then Frk. Frk is more of a skilled guy who just has a bad temper. He'll throw some big hits and cheap shots but its not really his game

Old
10-07-2012, 04:07 PM
WesNichols14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnan511 View Post
Not allowing goals is the first priority of a DMan, good game by Sproul.
didn't mean it wasn't a good game, i just meant stat sheet wise, you are right though i would much rather see him out for no goals against than him put up an assist or something and be a minus player

Old
10-07-2012, 04:56 PM
ChadS

Bodin dressed for his first Jr.A game today. Was an extra forward in the lineup so probably didn't get much icetime, but it's a start anyway.

AND Sproul broke his arm last night, out 8-12 weeks... That really sucks.
Quote:
Soo Greyhounds ‏@OHLHoundPower

Hounds defenceman Ryan Sproul will be out 8-12 weeks with a fractured arm. Injury sustained vs Sarnia on Saturday Night. #getwellRyan

Old
10-07-2012, 05:10 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Bodin dressed for his first Jr.A game today. Was an extra forward in the lineup so probably didn't get much icetime, but it's a start anyway.

AND Sproul broke his arm last night, out 8-12 weeks... That really sucks.
That sucks I guess an arm is better than a knee, though..

Bodin's twitter (@mrBoda10) hasn't written anything to shine some light over his situation. But nice to see him in the line-up whatever has kept him out.

Old
10-07-2012, 05:10 PM
TNigs

Everybodys like oh Sproul had an ok game... NO it's not ok when you break your arm! Thats terrible news.

Old
10-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Konnan511
#FreePulu

Send a message via AIM to Konnan511
Didn't Sproul get injured last year as well?

Old
10-07-2012, 07:26 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnan511 View Post
Didn't Sproul get injured last year as well?
Yes he broke his jaw, but wound up not missing nearly the amount of time intially expected. Might find out he is a quick healer here. I would prefer him not get hurt in the first place, but both have been kind of freaky situations.

Really the interesting part of this news was it looked like he might push his way into the WJC conversation. Really cannot see how he does that now.

Old
10-07-2012, 07:29 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNigs View Post
Everybodys like oh Sproul had an ok game... NO it's not ok when you break your arm! Thats terrible news.

Played 45 seconds. They made it sound like a strange incident on the team web-site. Kind of a freak deal, like the deflected slap shot. Just led the rush up and fell awkwardly.

Old
10-07-2012, 11:36 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 955
Man that sucks. He had so good start, at least point wise.

Hoping for quick and good recovery.

Old
10-08-2012, 03:02 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
That sucks I guess an arm is better than a knee, though..
That's always better. It doesn't affect his skating. He can still develop his condition by skating.

Old
10-08-2012, 04:15 AM
ChadS

Ouellet 1+0, +1, 2/7 SOG, 3rd star
Tvrdon 0+1, +/- 0

Old
10-08-2012, 08:56 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 955
Good thing is Sproul is still young, arm should recover fully and he can blast it from the blueline harder than before.

Old
10-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnichols14 View Post
Patterson got the win tonight 2-1 in the shootout, he 32/33 .969 save% and I think a .923 GAA, 1st star of the game
Ouellet with an assist, 3rd star of the game
Sproul 0-0
Andreas Athanasiou with a goal and assist, 1st star of the game

so aside from Sproul great night for our CHL prospects
Good to see Greece Lightning producing and being recognized for his effort. Thanks for the report on Patterson from the guy who went to the game, that's good to hear he has good positioning and also good to see him bounce back and be the 1st star the next game.

Get well soon Ryan Sproul.

Old
10-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Xvash2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Good thing is Sproul is still young, arm should recover fully and he can blast it from the blueline harder than before.
"Rookie of the Year" isn't a true story.

Old
10-08-2012, 09:44 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xvash2 View Post
"Rookie of the Year" isn't a true story.
While I got a good laugh out of the reference. I don't know that is the case. Brad Richards recently had a similar injury. These injuries in people under 35 usually heal fully. I prefer this to an AC joint or rotator cuff injury as far as healing without discomfort. Also they have yet to say he damaged ligaments or tendons so I take that as good news, but I don't think we find that out until his next check up.

More on the injury itself as it appears it was on a slash.

http://www.saultstar.com/2012/10/08/...one-8-10-weeks

Spiral fracture of the forearm. Of some concern is this.

Quote:
Rotenberg said the player was sedated Saturday night, a a surgeon reset the bone and Sproul's arm was placed into a rigid cast.

“I'll see a surgeon at the end of this week and if it (the bone) moves out of place, I'll need surgery,” Sproul admitted.
His take on it.

Quote:
“This isn't as painful as my jaw was, but it's still painful,” said Sproul, a second-round selection of the Detroit Red Wings in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. “But everything happens for a reason. I'm going to take the positives out of this. It'll make me stronger and I'm going to continue to be a leader for the team off the ice.”

Sproul says he plans to remain in the Sault while going through rehabilitation.
He was wearing the C as their captain is also already out injured. Tough break for the team that was off to a good start.

Old
10-09-2012, 01:05 AM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 583
Huskies play on FCS Pacific Friday night @ UNH. Jensen is wearing an A and is expected to be one of the top producing D-men in the WCHA this year.

Old
10-09-2012, 06:30 AM
ChadS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
Huskies play on FCS Pacific Friday night @ UNH. Jensen is wearing an A and is expected to be one of the top producing D-men in the WCHA this year.
Any chance of a stream for this? Never seen Jensen play, which is a bit embarrassing...

Old
10-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
Thanks for the head's up, I will try to watch the game.

Old
10-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Exalted User

Järnkrok was a 1+2 tonight and IMO played his best game of the season. Looks like he's starting to really warm up now as opposed to the first five or so games where he was almost invissible. Hopefully we wont have to wait another 10 games for his next goal, we really need his production.

Up to GP:11 G:1 A:8 TP:9 +/5

In other news, Järnkroks draft eligable cousin Elias Lindholm also had a goal and two assists and is up to 5 points in 11(8) games and is also a +5 i think. Witch ever team picks him is going to end up with a steal.

Old
10-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstroms pads View Post
Järnkrok was a 1+2 tonight and IMO played his best game of the season. Looks like he's starting to really warm up now as opposed to the first five or so games where he was almost invissible. Hopefully we wont have to wait another 10 games for his next goal, we really need his production.

Up to GP:11 G:1 A:8 TP:9 +/5

In other news, Järnkroks draft eligable cousin Elias Lindholm also had a goal and two assists and is up to 5 points in 11(8) games and is also a +5 i think. Witch ever team picks him is going to end up with a steal.
That's awesome, hopefully Jarnkrok is off the schneid and will start scoring goals in bunches.

Closed Thread