HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

TUF 16: Carwin vs Nelson

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-06-2012, 10:09 PM
  #51
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
I don't think he was the one that did the fake glove touch.
You're right, it was Colton:


Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 10:09 AM
  #52
Captain_Cunney
Registered User
 
Captain_Cunney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bowling Alley
Country: England
Posts: 5,023
vCash: 500
I have a sneaking suspision that carwin is actually a T-9 sent from the future to destroy Sara Connor?

What a boring robot of a personality. Roy has his faults but at least he's a character.

First Cameron, now pinky, maybe soon they'll start listening to the corner, that was ridiculous.


Last edited by Captain_Cunney: 10-08-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 09:21 PM
  #53
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday
 
cyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 3rd Planet From Sun.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,209
vCash: 797
People can watch any episodes they miss or the episodes from the Ausie vs. UK show here.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TUF?feature=CAQQwRs%3D

I actually like the overseas version more this year.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 11:30 PM
  #54
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,817
vCash: 645
TUF Australia/UK has been better than TUF Carwin/Nelson.

If Nelson wasn't such an instigator who brings a lot of it on himself, I would probably feel bad for the way Dana treats him. Not only on the show but also on twitter and in interviews. Dana bashes him any chance he gets.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 11:50 PM
  #55
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,819
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
TUF Australia/UK has been better than TUF Carwin/Nelson.

If Nelson wasn't such an instigator who brings a lot of it on himself, I would probably feel bad for the way Dana treats him. Not only on the show but also on twitter and in interviews. Dana bashes him any chance he gets.
Because Dana is a ****ing *******. Look at what the moron did when Stephens was arrested. Trying to say the PD was after Stephens, etc. Dana is a jerk and the UFC would be better off without his unprofessional ass.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 10:14 AM
  #56
DeathFromAbove
Registered User
 
DeathFromAbove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Because Dana is a ****ing *******. Look at what the moron did when Stephens was arrested. Trying to say the PD was after Stephens, etc. Dana is a jerk and the UFC would be better off without his unprofessional ass.
The UFC wouldn't exist without his unprofessional ass.

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 11:18 AM
  #57
DaaaaB's
Registered User
 
DaaaaB's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove View Post
The UFC wouldn't exist without his unprofessional ass.
Whether that's true or not it doesn't change the fact that Zuffa could get someone else to do his job nowadays who isn't an unprofessional jackass. Personally, I'm considering not buying many if any more PPV's after Dana told me not to and called me a moron.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 01:33 PM
  #58
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
Whether that's true or not it doesn't change the fact that Zuffa could get someone else to do his job nowadays who isn't an unprofessional jackass. Personally, I'm considering not buying many if any more PPV's after Dana told me not to and called me a moron.
This is where I'm at as well.

__________________

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 06:06 PM
  #59
DeathFromAbove
Registered User
 
DeathFromAbove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
Whether that's true or not it doesn't change the fact that Zuffa could get someone else to do his job nowadays who isn't an unprofessional jackass. Personally, I'm considering not buying many if any more PPV's after Dana told me not to and called me a moron.
Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
This is where I'm at as well.
Why would you let a stupid comment from Dana stop you from following an entire sport? That seems childish to me.

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 08:07 PM
  #60
m9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove View Post
Why would you let a stupid comment from Dana stop you from following an entire sport? That seems childish to me.
No doubt. Dana does some stupid stuff, but once the show starts you don't have to hear from him.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 01:26 AM
  #61
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,272
vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove View Post
Why would you let a stupid comment from Dana stop you from following an entire sport? That seems childish to me.
Because Dana makes it personal.

They charge a LOT of money for an increasingly watered down product. If the President of the company comes out and insults me you bet Im going to exercise my right to NOT support him or it any longer.

The UFC could do a lot better than Dana White now. Yes he helped build the sport, but is the guy to maintain it or even take it higher?

That is debatable.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 05:13 PM
  #62
DaaaaB's
Registered User
 
DaaaaB's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove View Post
Why would you let a stupid comment from Dana stop you from following an entire sport? That seems childish to me.
What IATL said. Plus a lot of the PPV's this year haven't been worth the money anyhow. That being said, I almost always watch them with some friends and only pay $10 myself so I'll likely keep doing that but I'll never pay the full ppv price or even half as long as that POS keeps running the company.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 05:32 PM
  #63
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,051
vCash: 500
Why people let Dana bother them is beyond me. Who the F cares? Hes not going anywhere, Zuffa knows Dana built the UFC into what it is and they're going to keep him around.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 06:21 PM
  #64
m9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
What IATL said. Plus a lot of the PPV's this year haven't been worth the money anyhow. That being said, I almost always watch them with some friends and only pay $10 myself so I'll likely keep doing that but I'll never pay the full ppv price or even half as long as that POS keeps running the company.
The watered down cards are a great reason to not buy PPVs, and I fully agree with that. But not buying because of White is something different entirely.

I'm not a fan of Roger Goodall, but I haven't even thought of him as I've thoroughly enjoyed this NFL season so far.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 07:19 PM
  #65
Jasper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,509
vCash: 707
Yeah Dana doesn't bother me at all personally. If you want a real POS who clearly doesn't give a **** about the actual sport just look at the NHL.

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 09:02 PM
  #66
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday
 
cyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 3rd Planet From Sun.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,209
vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove View Post
Why would you let a stupid comment from Dana stop you from following an entire sport? That seems childish to me.
You dont have to stop following or watching UFC events if you decided to stop paying for them.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 10:50 AM
  #67
DaaaaB's
Registered User
 
DaaaaB's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
The watered down cards are a great reason to not buy PPVs, and I fully agree with that. But not buying because of White is something different entirely.

I'm not a fan of Roger Goodall, but I haven't even thought of him as I've thoroughly enjoyed this NFL season so far.
I'm not a fan of Goodall either but he's never told me to stop watching the NFL and called me a moron. Watching an NFL game doesn't cost $60 either. I also didn't say I was going to stop watching the UFC, I just won't be buying any ppv's unless I have 5-6 other guys to split the bill with. I know a guy who buys and records every event so I can always just borrow it from him a day or two after. Streaming is a possibility as well.

I do agree with Jasper's comment about Bettman not actually giving a **** about hockey while Dana really does care about MMA. Such an ignorant move though to call the fans who make him money 'morons' who should never watch the UFC again. There was a lot of people who thought that fight was boring, maybe not for lack of action but moreso for lack of significant strikes.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 11:14 AM
  #68
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,051
vCash: 500
Why take that personal? Who cares?
Is there a sport that's booed more than mma? It's ridiculous, I'm surprised it took this long for him to say such a thing.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 06:58 PM
  #69
DeathFromAbove
Registered User
 
DeathFromAbove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
I'm not a fan of Goodall either but he's never told me to stop watching the NFL and called me a moron. Watching an NFL game doesn't cost $60 either. I also didn't say I was going to stop watching the UFC, I just won't be buying any ppv's unless I have 5-6 other guys to split the bill with. I know a guy who buys and records every event so I can always just borrow it from him a day or two after. Streaming is a possibility as well.

I do agree with Jasper's comment about Bettman not actually giving a **** about hockey while Dana really does care about MMA. Such an ignorant move though to call the fans who make him money 'morons' who should never watch the UFC again. There was a lot of people who thought that fight was boring, maybe not for lack of action but moreso for lack of significant strikes.
I thought Mighty Mouse/Benavidez was a horrible fight and I shrugged Danas comments off. Maybe you should stop being so sensitive.

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 09:51 AM
  #70
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove View Post
Why would you let a stupid comment from Dana stop you from following an entire sport? That seems childish to me.
It's his comment and how stagnant the cards have been. I'm not going to shell out 55 bucks to watch a watered down card every 3 weeks. As for his comment, I just do not find the little guys that exciting to watch.

End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 10:37 AM
  #71
DaaaaB's
Registered User
 
DaaaaB's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove View Post
I thought Mighty Mouse/Benavidez was a horrible fight and I shrugged Danas comments off. Maybe you should stop being so sensitive.
Yeah, I'm such a sensitive guy. It's really no different then going to a restaurant and having the owner come out and call you a moron who should never come back to eat there again. You'd just keep going back and forking over the dough though. Maybe you should have more respect for yourself.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 11:10 AM
  #72
m9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
Yeah, I'm such a sensitive guy. It's really no different then going to a restaurant and having the owner come out and call you a moron who should never come back to eat there again. You'd just keep going back and forking over the dough though. Maybe you should have more respect for yourself.
Ehh, I don't think its an apt comparison. He said it during a post-fight press conference, and unless you're a hardcore or at least semi-hardcore fan you would never be watching it to begin with. And truthfully, if you're at the point where you're watching these press conferences you are probably going to find a way to watch the actual fights regardless of what is said or done during the conference.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 11:28 AM
  #73
m9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,577
vCash: 500
And just to add, I'm not defending Dana's stupidity with comments like this. I just think in the grand scheme of things its not going to effect PPV buys or anything. Dana can call me whatever he wants if he is putting on a high-end card, while on the other hand he can be as nice as he wants and I'm still not going to be happy about seeing some of these brutal PPV offerings.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 04:23 PM
  #74
DaaaaB's
Registered User
 
DaaaaB's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,269
vCash: 500
Good points m9. I'm sure you're right that it won't affect my decisions on whether to buy PPV's going forward. I'm too far in to get out now. Luckily, I've rarely ever paid more then $10-15 to watch a PPV so it's really not even an issue for me.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 04:46 PM
  #75
I Am Beat You
Registered User
 
I Am Beat You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,055
vCash: 500
Seems like it comes down to egos. If you told the owner of a restaurant that their food sucks and he stands up for his product/employees and says he doesn't want your money, that's entirely his right and it seems kind of childish imo to take that so personally.

I don't mean to be insulting and I know a lot of people were upset, that's just my take.

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.