HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

TUF 16: Carwin vs Nelson

Old
10-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Peter Griffin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
I don't think he was the one that did the fake glove touch.
You're right, it was Colton:

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Captain_Cunney

I have a sneaking suspision that carwin is actually a T-9 sent from the future to destroy Sara Connor?

What a boring robot of a personality. Roy has his faults but at least he's a character.

First Cameron, now pinky, maybe soon they'll start listening to the corner, that was ridiculous.

Last edited by Captain_Cunney: 10-08-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 09:21 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 797
People can watch any episodes they miss or the episodes from the Ausie vs. UK show here.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TUF?feature=CAQQwRs%3D

I actually like the overseas version more this year.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 11:30 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
TUF Australia/UK has been better than TUF Carwin/Nelson.

If Nelson wasn't such an instigator who brings a lot of it on himself, I would probably feel bad for the way Dana treats him. Not only on the show but also on twitter and in interviews. Dana bashes him any chance he gets.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 11:50 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
TUF Australia/UK has been better than TUF Carwin/Nelson.

If Nelson wasn't such an instigator who brings a lot of it on himself, I would probably feel bad for the way Dana treats him. Not only on the show but also on twitter and in interviews. Dana bashes him any chance he gets.
Because Dana is a ****ing *******. Look at what the moron did when Stephens was arrested. Trying to say the PD was after Stephens, etc. Dana is a jerk and the UFC would be better off without his unprofessional ass.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 10:14 AM
DeathFromAbove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Because Dana is a ****ing *******. Look at what the moron did when Stephens was arrested. Trying to say the PD was after Stephens, etc. Dana is a jerk and the UFC would be better off without his unprofessional ass.
The UFC wouldn't exist without his unprofessional ass.

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 11:18 AM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove View Post
The UFC wouldn't exist without his unprofessional ass.
Whether that's true or not it doesn't change the fact that Zuffa could get someone else to do his job nowadays who isn't an unprofessional jackass. Personally, I'm considering not buying many if any more PPV's after Dana told me not to and called me a moron.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 01:33 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
Whether that's true or not it doesn't change the fact that Zuffa could get someone else to do his job nowadays who isn't an unprofessional jackass. Personally, I'm considering not buying many if any more PPV's after Dana told me not to and called me a moron.
This is where I'm at as well.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 06:06 PM
DeathFromAbove

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
This is where I'm at as well.
Why would you let a stupid comment from Dana stop you from following an entire sport? That seems childish to me.

Old
10-09-2012, 08:07 PM
m9

Quote:
Why would you let a stupid comment from Dana stop you from following an entire sport? That seems childish to me.
No doubt. Dana does some stupid stuff, but once the show starts you don't have to hear from him.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 01:26 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Because Dana makes it personal.

They charge a LOT of money for an increasingly watered down product. If the President of the company comes out and insults me you bet Im going to exercise my right to NOT support him or it any longer.

The UFC could do a lot better than Dana White now. Yes he helped build the sport, but is the guy to maintain it or even take it higher?

That is debatable.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 05:13 PM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
What IATL said. Plus a lot of the PPV's this year haven't been worth the money anyhow. That being said, I almost always watch them with some friends and only pay $10 myself so I'll likely keep doing that but I'll never pay the full ppv price or even half as long as that POS keeps running the company.

Old
10-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Why people let Dana bother them is beyond me. Who the F cares? Hes not going anywhere, Zuffa knows Dana built the UFC into what it is and they're going to keep him around.

10-10-2012, 06:21 PM
m9

Quote:
What IATL said. Plus a lot of the PPV's this year haven't been worth the money anyhow. That being said, I almost always watch them with some friends and only pay $10 myself so I'll likely keep doing that but I'll never pay the full ppv price or even half as long as that POS keeps running the company.
The watered down cards are a great reason to not buy PPVs, and I fully agree with that. But not buying because of White is something different entirely.

I'm not a fan of Roger Goodall, but I haven't even thought of him as I've thoroughly enjoyed this NFL season so far.

Old
10-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Jasper

vCash: 707
Yeah Dana doesn't bother me at all personally. If you want a real POS who clearly doesn't give a **** about the actual sport just look at the NHL.

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 09:02 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 797
Quote:
You dont have to stop following or watching UFC events if you decided to stop paying for them.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 10:50 AM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
The watered down cards are a great reason to not buy PPVs, and I fully agree with that. But not buying because of White is something different entirely.

I'm not a fan of Roger Goodall, but I haven't even thought of him as I've thoroughly enjoyed this NFL season so far.
I'm not a fan of Goodall either but he's never told me to stop watching the NFL and called me a moron. Watching an NFL game doesn't cost $60 either. I also didn't say I was going to stop watching the UFC, I just won't be buying any ppv's unless I have 5-6 other guys to split the bill with. I know a guy who buys and records every event so I can always just borrow it from him a day or two after. Streaming is a possibility as well.

I do agree with Jasper's comment about Bettman not actually giving a **** about hockey while Dana really does care about MMA. Such an ignorant move though to call the fans who make him money 'morons' who should never watch the UFC again. There was a lot of people who thought that fight was boring, maybe not for lack of action but moreso for lack of significant strikes.

Old
10-11-2012, 11:14 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Why take that personal? Who cares?
Is there a sport that's booed more than mma? It's ridiculous, I'm surprised it took this long for him to say such a thing.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 06:58 PM
DeathFromAbove

Quote:
I'm not a fan of Goodall either but he's never told me to stop watching the NFL and called me a moron. Watching an NFL game doesn't cost $60 either. I also didn't say I was going to stop watching the UFC, I just won't be buying any ppv's unless I have 5-6 other guys to split the bill with. I know a guy who buys and records every event so I can always just borrow it from him a day or two after. Streaming is a possibility as well.

I do agree with Jasper's comment about Bettman not actually giving a **** about hockey while Dana really does care about MMA. Such an ignorant move though to call the fans who make him money 'morons' who should never watch the UFC again. There was a lot of people who thought that fight was boring, maybe not for lack of action but moreso for lack of significant strikes.
I thought Mighty Mouse/Benavidez was a horrible fight and I shrugged Danas comments off. Maybe you should stop being so sensitive.

Old
10-12-2012, 09:51 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
It's his comment and how stagnant the cards have been. I'm not going to shell out 55 bucks to watch a watered down card every 3 weeks. As for his comment, I just do not find the little guys that exciting to watch.

End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 10:37 AM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
I thought Mighty Mouse/Benavidez was a horrible fight and I shrugged Danas comments off. Maybe you should stop being so sensitive.
Yeah, I'm such a sensitive guy. It's really no different then going to a restaurant and having the owner come out and call you a moron who should never come back to eat there again. You'd just keep going back and forking over the dough though. Maybe you should have more respect for yourself.

Old
10-12-2012, 11:10 AM
m9

Quote:
Yeah, I'm such a sensitive guy. It's really no different then going to a restaurant and having the owner come out and call you a moron who should never come back to eat there again. You'd just keep going back and forking over the dough though. Maybe you should have more respect for yourself.
Ehh, I don't think its an apt comparison. He said it during a post-fight press conference, and unless you're a hardcore or at least semi-hardcore fan you would never be watching it to begin with. And truthfully, if you're at the point where you're watching these press conferences you are probably going to find a way to watch the actual fights regardless of what is said or done during the conference.

Old
10-12-2012, 11:28 AM
m9

And just to add, I'm not defending Dana's stupidity with comments like this. I just think in the grand scheme of things its not going to effect PPV buys or anything. Dana can call me whatever he wants if he is putting on a high-end card, while on the other hand he can be as nice as he wants and I'm still not going to be happy about seeing some of these brutal PPV offerings.

Old
10-12-2012, 04:23 PM
DaaaaB's

Good points m9. I'm sure you're right that it won't affect my decisions on whether to buy PPV's going forward. I'm too far in to get out now. Luckily, I've rarely ever paid more then $10-15 to watch a PPV so it's really not even an issue for me.

Old
10-12-2012, 04:46 PM
I Am Beat You

Seems like it comes down to egos. If you told the owner of a restaurant that their food sucks and he stands up for his product/employees and says he doesn't want your money, that's entirely his right and it seems kind of childish imo to take that so personally.

I don't mean to be insulting and I know a lot of people were upset, that's just my take.

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote