HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All-Purpose Bryz Thread #6

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-09-2012, 05:22 PM
  #676
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,819
vCash: 500
im not following this whole KHL ********* scenario closely..

so how many games has Bryz actualy played so far ?

how many could he have played by now, and lastly how are his stats (for this KHL season)??

Flyerfan4life is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 05:30 PM
  #677
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
im not following this whole KHL ********* scenario closely..

so how many games has Bryz actualy played so far ?

how many could he have played by now, and lastly how are his stats (for this KHL season)??
http://en.khl.ru/players/5082/

Krishna is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 05:33 PM
  #678
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 40,707
vCash: 500
Bryz compared to the other goalies on his team:

Stana, Rastislav: 10 GP 6W 2L, 1.36 GAA, .954%
Proskuryakov, Ilya: 4 GP 1W 1L, 2.50 GAA, .924%
Bryzgalov, Ilya: 2GP 0W 2L, 4.02 GAA. .857%

System's fault. Teammates' fault. Coach's fault. Lavi's fault. Briere's fault. Every shot he faces cannot be stopped by mere mortals. Sun in his eyes. Radiation leaking north from Chernobyl in his eyes. Ice in his eyes. Eyes in his eyes. Etc.

Edit: let's compare to other NHL players.

http://en.khl.ru/players/14641/
http://en.khl.ru/players/13709/
http://en.khl.ru/players/20504/

Grand.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 10-09-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
10-09-2012, 05:44 PM
  #679
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,049
vCash: 500
Just signed with the USAF.

Sure hope the stupid lockout ends before I leave.

Would suck to miss out on creating the epic " +/- till MFL is the starter" thread.

hckyplayer8 is online now  
Old
10-09-2012, 06:31 PM
  #680
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,819
vCash: 500
4. GAA..

awesome..

lol

Flyerfan4life is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 06:38 PM
  #681
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
Just signed with the USAF.

Sure hope the stupid lockout ends before I leave.

Would suck to miss out on creating the epic " +/- till MFL is the starter" thread.
I might beat you to it.

CS is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 07:45 PM
  #682
Haute Couturier
Registered User
 
Haute Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 5,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
Bryz compared to the other goalies on his team:

Stana, Rastislav: 10 GP 6W 2L, 1.36 GAA, .954%
Proskuryakov, Ilya: 4 GP 1W 1L, 2.50 GAA, .924%
Bryzgalov, Ilya: 2GP 0W 2L, 4.02 GAA. .857%

System's fault. Teammates' fault. Coach's fault. Lavi's fault. Briere's fault. Every shot he faces cannot be stopped by mere mortals. Sun in his eyes. Radiation leaking north from Chernobyl in his eyes. Ice in his eyes. Eyes in his eyes. Etc.

Edit: let's compare to other NHL players.

http://en.khl.ru/players/14641/
http://en.khl.ru/players/13709/
http://en.khl.ru/players/20504/

Grand.
It's concerning, but in fairness it is only two games. I'm not a Bryz fan, but it's hardly time to panic yet. That said, he is going to have trouble getting starts if he doesn't turn it around quick.

Haute Couturier is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 07:55 PM
  #683
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 40,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haute Couturier View Post
It's concerning, but in fairness it is only two games. I'm not a Bryz fan, but it's hardly time to panic yet. That said, he is going to have trouble getting starts if he doesn't turn it around quick.
I'm not sure what to make of his lack of starts...I guess either the team doesn't want to disturb their normal duo because Bryz might be back in the NHL quickly, or he hasn't impressed enough in games and practice to warrant starting over the other two guys.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
10-09-2012, 08:09 PM
  #684
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I might beat you to it.
I haven't been keeping up on the CBA disco.

Are they talking about adding an amnesty, or someway to get rid of terrible players like the BUM?

hckyplayer8 is online now  
Old
10-09-2012, 08:11 PM
  #685
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haute Couturier View Post
It's concerning, but in fairness it is only two games. I'm not a Bryz fan, but it's hardly time to panic yet. That said, he is going to have trouble getting starts if he doesn't turn it around quick.
He's going to have trouble getting starts anyway because Stana is pretty good

Krishna is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 08:16 PM
  #686
Haute Couturier
Registered User
 
Haute Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 5,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
I'm not sure what to make of his lack of starts...I guess either the team doesn't want to disturb their normal duo because Bryz might be back in the NHL quickly, or he hasn't impressed enough in games and practice to warrant starting over the other two guys.
My guess is it is probably because he started off slowly while the others are playing so well. They probably figure if it ain't broke don't fix it. It's tougher sticking with a struggling goalie than it would be with a struggling forward or defender.

Haute Couturier is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 09:32 PM
  #687
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haute Couturier View Post
My guess is it is probably because he started off slowly while the others are playing so well. They probably figure if it ain't broke don't fix it. It's tougher sticking with a struggling goalie than it would be with a struggling forward or defender.
yea its not like they have a 51M$ contract floating over their heads, forcing their hand..


Flyerfan4life is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 08:32 PM
  #688
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,199
vCash: 500
Oh to have been a fly on the wall of Ed Snider's office when he heard about Bryz's comments!

MsWoof is offline  
Old
10-11-2012, 07:35 PM
  #689
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,051
vCash: 500
How come I have a feeling we will be hearing "it has been only such and such games so far" with respect to Bryz. Besides he said he was "skinny and ready" he better be 10x better if there is a season...

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 11:04 AM
  #690
JuniorNelson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: E.Vancouver
Country: Australia-Aboriginal
Posts: 4,868
vCash: 500
Trade Bryzgalov to Toronto.

Accept Luongo and Edler for both Schenns.

JuniorNelson is online now  
Old
10-13-2012, 11:06 AM
  #691
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Trade Bryzgalov to Toronto.

Accept Luongo and Edler for both Schenns.
Would rather do this than some of the trades I've seen including bryz

Krishna is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 11:14 AM
  #692
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail
 
35NW8ING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
4. GAA..

awesome..

lol
gotta be because of the injuries and rookies.......

35NW8ING is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 01:13 PM
  #693
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Trade Bryzgalov to Toronto.

Accept Luongo and Edler for both Schenns.
Love Edler...but not too high on acquiring another headcase for our headcase....then losing our wrecking ball while at it.

I would deny this trade.

hckyplayer8 is online now  
Old
10-13-2012, 01:16 PM
  #694
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 40,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Trade Bryzgalov to Toronto.

Accept Luongo and Edler for both Schenns.
I'd rather not trade a nausea for full-on Montezuma's Revenge.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
10-13-2012, 02:36 PM
  #695
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,819
vCash: 500
LOLoungo wont go from the pressure of Vancouver into the hells furnace that is Philly..

no chance he'd do that.

and i for one wouldnt want any part of the above mentioned trade. AT ALL

Flyerfan4life is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 03:49 PM
  #696
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
LOLoungo wont go from the pressure of Vancouver into the hells furnace that is Philly..

no chance he'd do that.

and i for one wouldnt want any part of the above mentioned trade. AT ALL
He would never accept a trade to Philly. I don't think any sane goalie would voluntarily want to when given a choice. Bryz doesn't fall into the sane category.

MsWoof is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 03:14 AM
  #697
JuniorNelson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: E.Vancouver
Country: Australia-Aboriginal
Posts: 4,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
He would never accept a trade to Philly. I don't think any sane goalie would voluntarily want to when given a choice. Bryz doesn't fall into the sane category.
No goalie is sane.

Luongo is likely to accept any trade offered, if he isn't allowed to fight for the starting position in Vancouver.

Edler would fit and be awesome, the real question is how would Luongo play with the Flyers in front of him? This goes to personality as well as style. Luongo is a light hearted guy and is not likely to be overwhelmed by the fury of Philadelphia fans.

Luongo plays behind a defense and team where push never comes to shove. What would happen to his game if he was on a hockey team and not a theoretical model?

What would the Flyers be able to do with one of the top keepers in the game?

Ottawa and Edmonton are in the running for this package simply because they have the return to make the deal. They aren't in contention yet. Philadelphia is!

JuniorNelson is online now  
Old
10-16-2012, 09:38 AM
  #698
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,423
vCash: 500
I can't wait til the season starts so people actually have something to complain about. Yeah, maybe it's mildly concerning but in the end I only care about how he plays here.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 09:49 AM
  #699
thelos
Bunk
 
thelos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,621
vCash: 500
1 GA win for Bryz in his last game

thelos is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 12:35 PM
  #700
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,199
vCash: 500
Agreed that no goalie is sane but Luongo has a contract and has a NTC. Why would he want to come to a city that shreds their goalies, especially one where the defencemen are pretty bad and very few forwards play 200' in a system that is much more focused on offense? He can stay in Vancouver and battle it out or he can accept a trade to a city he wants to go to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
No goalie is sane.

Luongo is likely to accept any trade offered, if he isn't allowed to fight for the starting position in Vancouver.

Edler would fit and be awesome, the real question is how would Luongo play with the Flyers in front of him? This goes to personality as well as style. Luongo is a light hearted guy and is not likely to be overwhelmed by the fury of Philadelphia fans.

Luongo plays behind a defense and team where push never comes to shove. What would happen to his game if he was on a hockey team and not a theoretical model?

What would the Flyers be able to do with one of the top keepers in the game?

Ottawa and Edmonton are in the running for this package simply because they have the return to make the deal. They aren't in contention yet. Philadelphia is!

MsWoof is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.