HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Wishlist

Old
10-06-2012, 05:15 AM
Oilers4life1987

vCash: 500
Wishlist

- Contract extensions during the season
- Better drafting system, it would be awesome if you could scout 1 player specifically and see what he needs to improve and what his strenghs are. For example, I want to scout Sean Monahan of the 67's so my scouting staff would provide me with a scouting report on him. I like that they divided it into six categories but a bit of info on him would be great. So let's say... great 2way centreman, amazing poise with the puck, solid in all three zones. accurrate shot. Something like that.
- Obviously true performance skating is awesome but I'm sure it can only get better.
- Custom goalie masks. Allow us to edit the masks by moving the logo, names on the chin area sort of like Price or Kipper, changing the colors,etc. You get the point.
- WJC for be a pro, Im not sure if it's a licensing thing or not but it would be sick.
- Hitting engine needs fixing.
- Keep track of your prospects stats while in junior to see if the are developing nicely. For example, high 1st rounder not living up to expectations. Obviously, it would allow to know if he's worth a ELC or let him re-enter the draft.

Thats all I have for now

Last edited by ChibiPooky: 08-05-2013 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Added prefix
Oilers4life1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 06:14 AM
Komarov77

Yes please and able to buyout players.

Komarov77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 08:25 AM
cbenini87

The biggest one is access to a fantasy draft for GM connected. That is a no brainer. GM connected has been a hit, all they need to do is add a fantasy draft, hopefully they don't go too in depth where you are scouting prospects and things like that because that's where I lose interest in it. I also want to see them add an option for a shorter season, options for 28 game seasons or 42 game season. Not everyone has enough time on their hands to play a 82 game season.

The goalies also need to be better. It's great they get across better on the one-timers but the angles they take are awful, you can score short side at will.

cbenini87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 12:58 PM
STain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komarov77 View Post
Yes please and able to buyout players.
You can already buyout players.

STain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Oilers4life1987

I think he meant during the year. I still want better scouting. Able to adjust the amount of games goalies play.

Old
10-06-2012, 03:43 PM
LyricalLyricist

There's a reason contract extensions aren't during the year. It's to make the game harder. However, it would be nice if you get a message regarding a select few players, for example, iggy asked for an extension mid year but someone like cammalleri wants to talk at end of season. Just seems logical as iggy is a vet and a long time flame.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Oilers4life1987

Ok guys,

I finally found an example of something I'd love to see in the scouting department for NHL14. I love the star potential and the player role but some information like this would be awesome

Sean Monahan - C - Ottawa 67s (OHL) - 6-2, 186
4.5 Start potential,
Player role: 1/2nd line centerman
ETA for NHL: 1/2 years
NHL Draft projection: 3/4 overall
Scouting report:
- A tremendous skater and all-around forward, Monahan can do a little bit of everything and do it well.
- He plays a responsible game in all zones and has enough offensive pop to project as a top-six centerman.
- Has a NHL shot and accuracy to go along with it.
- Good on the dot
- Great poise with the puck
Let me know what you think.

Last edited by Oilers4life1987: 10-08-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old
10-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Propane Nightmares
Prehistoric Banter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers4life1987 View Post
Ok guys,

I finally found an example of something I'd love to see in the scouting department for NHL14. I love the star potential and the player role but some information like this would be awesome

4.5 Start potential,
Scouting report:
- A tremendous skater and all-around forward, Monahan can do a little bit of everything and do it well.
- He plays a responsible game in all zones and has enough offensive pop to project as a top-six centerman.
- Good on the dot
Great idea but unfortunately far too much effort for EA

Propane Nightmares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 09:36 AM
sully61
Unregistered User

Quote:
Ok guys,

4.5 Start potential,
Scouting report:
- Good on the dot
And maybe like 90% they pan out. For a 7th round pick maybe 90% they don't pan out. Something like that

sully61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Xia

- New hitting engine
- New penalties system
- Real crowd atmosphere
- World Junior Championship
- Classic teams

Xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 12:15 PM
teemuselanne

WJC, way more cellys, drafting CPU's and being able to improve them as your club gets achievements for EASHL are just some I can think of now. Get some professionals to do the player rankings because these ones are some of the most embarrassing I've ever seen. Prospects also need to be better in general.

teemuselanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 01:34 PM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:
Ok guys,

4.5 Start potential,
Scouting report:
- Good on the dot
That reminds me oh so much of NHL 2k5. Oh wait.. It was in nhl 2k5, nearly exactly to what you said regarding the scouting report, except in NHL 2k5 it was pros and cons.
Anyway, what I really wish for is the old fighting engine from the older (late 90's to early 2000's) to be reintroduced. I really liked the fighting engines from both NHL 2000 and NHL 2004. Plus, I feel that the fight limit has to go for offline modes. If I want to brawl offline, bloody let me.

Hitting:

Personally, I enjoyed the hitting from the old NHL's and even NHL 11. While there are hits in NHL 13 that make me smile, some of the hits I've tried just feel like EA put in a noob protection feature to prevent a certain hit from happening. For example, if I have Chara and I try to hit 5'8 John McNobody (who doesn't have the puck), then McNobody should have a bigger reaction than just a shove. Second, (And this one is because I play dirty hockey) Autopinning against the boards instead of a full on hit. Why? If I want to take Matt Cooke (or Brooks Orpik) and destroy Luke Schenn who has his back turned, whether or not he has himself pinned, let me. Christ. I'm sick of the little shoves and "protection" measures. I play like a goon, I know I'm risking a penalty, I accept that fact now let me hit the guy. If I want to pin the guy I'll press the Y button and pin him.

More to come in my rant as I see fit.

Last edited by SaNcAlandariel: 10-08-2012 at 02:18 PM.
SaNcAlandariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 01:41 PM
cleaner claude

faster menu navigation & a game lobby for GM Connected

cleaner claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Shorter seasons avail in GMC, Better scouting. And less of the cpu poking your pass 2 on 1 EVERY time.

An idea for scouting that I got was that on each day, you had 5 scouts and you send those 5 scouts to 5 different games to scout ex Gens, Remparts, Colts, MooseJaw, Oil Kings have 5 guys you want to scout, so you send them to their game.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

I really wish they could put in a proper all-star weekend.. with an actual skills competition and breakaway challenge. They could just take the fantasy draft part of GM mode and use it for the AS game, with maybe the top 50 players in that season.

Kurdt Kobain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Komarov77

Quote:
Originally Posted by STain View Post
You can already buyout players.
Middle of season how?

Komarov77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 12:01 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komarov77 View Post
Middle of season how?
You can't in real life, why would you want to in the game?

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 02:31 PM
nogger
Can't stop the #dust

vCash: 50
Sooner have classic teams rather than 'legends'

WJC

Back to NHL 12 HUT

nogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Integrate the Kinect throughout the game like Madden does, and even take it up a few notches. A few examples:

- In-game adjustments: "Change forwards. Line one." "Forecheck pressure. Aggressive." "Pull goalie." Etc, etc.

- Roster adjustments. It drives me insane to have to scroll up and down, scratch/dress, replace players on special teams, etc. "Edit Roster. NHL. Line one. Nash, Richards, Callahan."

Plenty of other ideas for it, but those are two basic ones.

Other ideas:
- Allow me to insult the 'GM brain' when it sends asinine trade offers, or, at the very least, allow me to specify which players I'm not interested in.
- Hire/Fire coaches and scouts. The "Level" system of the amateur scout and assistant coach is poorly thought out. Give me a budget and let me hire top scouts when I'm rebuilding, as well as find a coach who excels in player development.
- When starting via fantasy draft, allow me to specify whether I'm in a rebuilding state or a cup-pursuit state.
- AI is still embarrassing in most aspects of the game. Assistant coach sets awful lines. CPU players are retarded. 'GM Brain' is clearly based on the HFBoards trade board.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Deku Scrub
BOP

They really needs to fix penalties. In EASHL you'll get interference calls for the smallest taps on the back, and you constantly get crushed when you don't have the puck; no call.

Deku Scrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 03:59 PM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Integrate the Kinect throughout the game like Madden does, and even take it up a few notches. A few examples:

- In-game adjustments: "Change forwards. Line one." "Forecheck pressure. Aggressive." "Pull goalie." Etc, etc.

- Roster adjustments. It drives me insane to have to scroll up and down, scratch/dress, replace players on special teams, etc. "Edit Roster. NHL. Line one. Nash, Richards, Callahan."

Plenty of other ideas for it, but those are two basic ones.

Other ideas:
- Allow me to insult the 'GM brain' when it sends asinine trade offers, or, at the very least, allow me to specify which players I'm not interested in.
- Hire/Fire coaches and scouts. The "Level" system of the amateur scout and assistant coach is poorly thought out. Give me a budget and let me hire top scouts when I'm rebuilding, as well as find a coach who excels in player development.
- When starting via fantasy draft, allow me to specify whether I'm in a rebuilding state or a cup-pursuit state.
- AI is still embarrassing in most aspects of the game. Assistant coach sets awful lines. CPU players are retarded. 'GM Brain' is clearly based on the HFBoards trade board.
I can think of another good feature for the Kinect. Getting an unsportmanlike penalty for stating that "That call was ******** ref!" or the like. I would find that hilarious. Kinect voice recognition.

SaNcAlandariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 05:19 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNcAlandariel View Post
I can think of another good feature for the Kinect. Getting an unsportmanlike penalty for stating that "That call was ******** ref!" or the like. I would find that hilarious. Kinect voice recognition.
Lol that would be epic.

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 07:01 PM
BPD

Fix the freaking load times. It shouldn't take 45 seconds to sim a single day!

BPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Deku Scrub
BOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD View Post
Fix the freaking load times. It shouldn't take 45 seconds to sim a single day!
I'm assuming you're on PS3, on Xbox the simulation times feel the same as last year. Or maybe it's just because I have the game installed, which apparently improve load times.

Deku Scrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Ok guys,

4.5 Start potential,
Scouting report:
- Good on the dot
They show the last half with the stats, if he's good in faceoffs or shooting, it's shown? Why add the actual report when it's right there, same with the 1st/2nd line center. The 4.5 star rating indicates that.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote