HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Lockout Discussion Part III (First 2 weeks of season cancelled)

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2012, 05:24 PM
beastly115

vCash: 500
Hahaha Fehr wants to fight the cap? Good luck with that. Looks like I'm finding a new sport because hockey won't be on for a long, long time.

Old
10-09-2012, 05:27 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Both sides are still playing the media game. Bill Daly did at least 2 radio interviews today. CBC HNIC and a station in Calgary. Fehr did one radio interview(CBC) and spoke to the Toronto Star for an hour.

Daly's Calgary station interview

http://www.sportsnet.ca/960/2012/10/...pat_steinberg/
My view:

When both sides are playing the media game.... neither side believes a deal is close.

Only a negotiation behind closed doors will settle the issues. I believe the sides aren't close to hurting thus they need the exposure to reiterate that's it's not me it's you.

Old
10-09-2012, 05:31 PM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
My view:

When both sides are playing the media game.... neither side believes a deal is close.

Only a negotiation behind closed doors will settle the issues. I believe the sides aren't close to hurting thus they need the exposure to reiterate that's it's not me it's you.
I really hope some of theses 3 rd and 4 th line players start coming out soon and speaking out against the players association to stop protecting the top 10 % salary players because this is what the fight is for. In the mean time the stars are oversees makings money while these fringe players are watching their 3 year average careers go out the window.

Old
10-09-2012, 05:32 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastly115 View Post
Hahaha Fehr wants to fight the cap? Good luck with that. Looks like I'm finding a new sport because hockey won't be on for a long, long time.
I can't blame Fehr. He's the high profile negotiator who was brought in by the players. I suspect that given his baseball success the players will hold out longer then they would have under the last regime. As I said, I believe the PA will "win this phase" and both the owners and players and possibly the sport will pay the price.

As for the fans? Does anyone really care.

There will be few winners when all is done.

Old
10-09-2012, 06:06 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
CBA meetings in NYC on Wednesday will be divided into 2 separate sessions. A Small executive group and larger procedural group.
https://twitter.com/JSportsnet/statu...90708429029376

Quote:
Morning will be DFehr,SFehr,BDaly, GBettman...It's a follow-up to Friday's meeting in Toronto.NHL is trying to coax a new offer from PA.
https://twitter.com/JSportsnet/statu...91082917466112

Old
10-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

The league needs to give the proposal thing a rest.

Old
10-09-2012, 06:15 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Afternoon is lawyers from both sides working on verbiage of actual CBA plus discussion of grievances and procedural issues of document.
https://twitter.com/JSportsnet/statu...91654320087040

Old
10-09-2012, 07:42 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
This is the core issue. It's been talked about, a lot of people agree.

The league is too big to sustain its self. Role players like Prust inflate player contracts. Teams are bleeding money.

The only problem is the league/owners/Bettman won't ever allow contraction. Too much money would be lost.

Relocate a couple (move north), contract a couple more, and you start going in the right direction.
Agreed, SSM.

The owners are largely at fault for this. Handing out outlandish contracts to 2nd and 3rd year players who don't deserve the kind of money they're getting, handing out multi-million dollar per year deals to 4th liners like Prust and Neil, screwing up and implementing an economical schematic that was designed to help teams who are CAUSING the problem at hand in the first place and now making the players pay for it yet again.

Contraction and relocation both need to happen. Bring back Quebec. Bring back Hartford. Get rid of ****** markets with fairweather fanbases that won't show up unless they're contending for a cup. Phoenix, good bye. Florida, good bye. Nashville, good bye. Carolina should have never had a team to begin with.

These terrible markets who are borderline at best all need to go. Carolina will get the pass because they have a cup and they're a better market than the others, but start getting rid of teams that can't make the cut. If the Islanders don't get their **** together, as much as I hate to say it, move em or contract em. They're a big problem and they lose on average 20 mill a year at the least. Pittsburgh after the second bankruptcy stint should have been folded, but no Bettman had his head so far up Lemieux's ass trying to save them instead of worrying about other teams and lost some in the mean time just so he can save a team that he thinks is his cash crop in a market that no one gives a flying **** about.

Bettman obviously needs to go as well. He's the start and part of the end of this sport's problems.

Old
10-09-2012, 07:50 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Haven't been reading this thread lately as it makes me to depressed, but let me ask a question, and if it was already discussed, my bad.

When the NFL was getting ready to lock out the players last year, didn't the players union de-certify as a way to prevent a lockout? I have no idea how that would work or if it even did anything in the NFL's case, but could the NHLPA do that? Would it even do anything?

Probably a useless question but it crossed my mind and figured I'd ask.

Old
10-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

10 minutes until some hockey!!!

Old
10-09-2012, 07:52 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
10 minutes until some hockey!!!
What hockey?

Old
10-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
What hockey?
Ovechkin vs Malkin in the KHL, on ESPN 2 at 8:00

Old
10-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
Ovechkin vs Malkin in the KHL, on ESPN 2 at 8:00
I think it's Ovechkin vs. Chara.

Old
10-09-2012, 08:01 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
I think it's Ovechkin vs. Chara.
Yeah and that game was on at 1 pm today.

Old
10-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Yeah and that game was on at 1 pm today.
At least we get to see Erik Christensen and Marcel Hossa!

Old
10-09-2012, 09:25 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Hah yeah those two really quenched my thirst for hockey today....

Old
10-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Yep... Both had good scoring chances where they missed the net. Go figure.

Old
10-10-2012, 04:12 AM
IceBear86
Broadway Pride

A german hockey newspaper reports that Rick DiPietro is also about to sign with Riessersee from 2nd Bundesliga.

Quote:
Eishockey News
Nur gut 24 Stunden nach der Verpflichtung von Stürmer Matt D´Agostini lotst der SC Riessersee einen weiteren NHL-Crack unter die Zugspitze. Bereits am Montag hatte Geschäftsführer Ralph Bader angekündigt, dass man noch mit einem weiteren NHL-Spieler verhandelt und nach Eishockey NEWS-Informationen ist Torhüter Rick DiPietro ein ganz heißer Kandidat.
"Only 24 hours after the signing of forward Matt D'Agostini, SC Riessersee takes another NHL player under the Zugspitze [highest mountain in GER which is near Garmisch, where Riessersee plays]. On Monday, Riessersee GM Ralph Bader already announced that the club negotiated with another NHL player and Eishockey News has learned, that goaltender Rick DiPietro is a hot candidate."

Old
10-10-2012, 05:20 AM
Realize

Send a message via ICQ to Realize Send a message via MSN to Realize Send a message via Skype™ to Realize
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBear86 View Post
A german hockey newspaper reports that Rick DiPietro is also about to sign with Riessersee from 2nd Bundesliga.

"Only 24 hours after the signing of forward Matt D'Agostini, SC Riessersee takes another NHL player under the Zugspitze [highest mountain in GER which is near Garmisch, where Riessersee plays]. On Monday, Riessersee GM Ralph Bader already announced that the club negotiated with another NHL player and Eishockey News has learned, that goaltender Rick DiPietro is a hot candidate."
Aye, already noted that.
Just frustrating that I am on vacation from 18th October to 4th November and not able to watch a single game at nights

Old
10-10-2012, 06:34 AM
IceBear86
Broadway Pride

DiPietro is now confirmed by SC Riessersee.

Quote:
www.SCRiessersee.de
Dem SC Riessersee ist eine zweite NHL-Sensation gelungen. Von den New York Islanders kommt Torwart-Legende Rick DiPietro nach Garmisch-Partenkirchen.
"SC Riessersee managed to realize another NHL-sensation. From the New York Islanders, Goalie-legend Rick DiPietro comes to Garmisch-Partenkirchen."

This is so awesome. Our friggin SECOND league gets stacked with big time NHLers. This lockout seems to be the best thing that ever happened to German hockey and its fans.

Old
10-10-2012, 07:05 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:

"SC Riessersee managed to realize another NHL-sensation. From the New York Islanders, Goalie-legend Rick DiPietro comes to Garmisch-Partenkirchen."

This is so awesome. Our friggin SECOND league gets stacked with big time NHLers. This lockout seems to be the best thing that ever happened to German hockey and its fans.
Don't worry, he'll probably pull out a tooth eating a burrito or something and be out the whole season again

Old
10-10-2012, 07:08 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

11am meeting

Quote:
Direction New York alors que les négociations devraient reprendre à 11:00 ce matin.
https://twitter.com/RenLavoieRDS/sta...81492109467648

Bill Daly spoke to Josh Cooper of the Tennessean

Quote:
“We instituted as part of our last collective bargaining agreement a pretty comprehensive revenue sharing program. That program will produce about $150 million in revenue sharing this past season.

“Our proposal that’s on the table now would increase that pool fairly significantly up in the neighborhood of $190 million, and depending on how the negotiation ultimately plays out, probably more than that.
PA proposed revenue sharing increasing to $240M. $100M in an industry growth fund run by Bettman. Both sides dumping the TV market restrictions and punishing teams for not reaching certain thresholds so they got no revenue sharing dollars.

Can they compromise at $210M-$220M?

Quote:
“By definition the smaller percentage will lower the cap, which by definition will lower the floor. We’ve also talked about the concept of changing the structure creating the payroll range.

“The payroll range is currently constructed with a midpoint, and then building kind of room off the midpoint in equal directions to have a top end and a bottom end.

We’re suggesting using less room on the top end and more room on the bottom end as a way of constructing the range that’s more friendly to small markets, but also creates a dynamic where there will be less player escrow, so there will be less dollars at risk for the players.”
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...nclick_check=1

NHL proposed the mid-point and the upper limit being separated by $4M instead of $8M.

The PA proposed the floor being a % of the upper limit instead of the $8M fixed amount. Daly indicated in a radio interview last month the NHL is willing to change the floor to a %.

Old
10-10-2012, 07:17 AM
IceBear86
Broadway Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Don't worry, he'll probably pull out a tooth eating a burrito or something and be out the whole season again
I don't think he'll get a burrito in Garmisch but he could choke on a pretzel.

Old
10-10-2012, 08:17 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

"@DarrenDreger: Improved ice conditions on the list of things the NHLPA wants the NHL to address."

Old
10-10-2012, 08:30 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:

The best part of that translation is the term "goalie-legend." Yeah goalie-legend for being injured constantly, but still able to collect his paycheck. I absolutely despise the islanders and their fans but I still feel bad for their fans with this one. Stupid organization handing out a 15 year contract. Watch him stay perfectly healthy with this German club then come back only to miss the majority of the NHL season.

Closed Thread