HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl-nyi

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2012, 05:31 PM
eastonhockey22*

vCash: 500
Mtl-nyi

First trade proposal ever. And I think similar things have been done before but here it goes.

To NYI:
PK Subban

To MTL:
One of Reinhart/De Haan/Donovan
Michael Grabner
Matt Martin

I'll admit I don't know much about Montreal but from what i've heard they're weak on the wings. This way they get some depth in that department. I understand they aren't the best wingers out there but they do add speed and grit to the team respectively. The Habs also get a potential replacement for Subban in one of the prospects.

The isles get to assemble a super best friend club of Moulson-Tavares-Subban which is what i've always wanted to see in action and is the main reason for me posting this.

Let me know how close/incredibly off this is.

Old
10-09-2012, 05:59 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Value-wise it's decent, but I'm pretty sure Subban is 100% untouchable from a Montreal perspective. Also not sure NYI fans are too enthusiastic about trading away Reinhart, Martin AND Grabner all in the same deal, especially Grabs since they just lost Parenteau and need offense

Old
10-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Value is solid, but MTL has no incentive to move Subban.

Old
10-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Sparksrus3

Donovan,grabner,Martin. Deal!

LETS GO ISLANDERS!!!!

Old
10-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Prairie Habs

Pretty good value (I would have preferred someone slightly better than Grabner but he would do) but Montreal just isn't in any kind of position to be trading Subban.

Edit: and I am choosing Reinhart of the three.

Old
10-09-2012, 06:04 PM
poetryinmotion

Not really interested to deal a potential elite defenseman with the state of our blue line for depth at other positions.

Old
10-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Prairie Habs

Plekanec and Grabner on the same team would probably set a record for most short handed breakaways without a goal.

Old
10-09-2012, 06:15 PM
eastonhockey22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
Value-wise it's decent, but I'm pretty sure Subban is 100% untouchable from a Montreal perspective. Also not sure NYI fans are too enthusiastic about trading away Reinhart, Martin AND Grabner all in the same deal, especially Grabs since they just lost Parenteau and need offense
I understand Subban isn't going anywhere this is just kind of a hypothetical.

I also see why the Isles wouldn't want to trade Martin and Grabs at once but I was kinda banking on a full season lockout and a few of the young guns(Neiderreiter, Strome, possibly Nelson or Ullstrom) stepping up next year to take their spots.

Edit: Also didn't realize montreal was weak in D... probably would've swapped grabner or martin with A-Mac if i knew that

Old
10-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Value wise it seem's fair.
But we have good winger depth, we barely need one more top 6 winger and we're set.

We need another top 4 D so it set's a huge hole on the D if we don't get another Top pairing D.

Old
10-09-2012, 07:18 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakawaka View Post
First trade proposal ever. And I think similar things have been done before but here it goes.

To NYI:
PK Subban

To MTL:
Michael Grabner
Matt Martin

I'll admit I don't know much about Montreal but from what i've heard they're weak on the wings. This way they get some depth in that department. I understand they aren't the best wingers out there but they do add speed and grit to the team respectively. The Habs also get a potential replacement for Subban in one of the prospects.

The isles get to assemble a super best friend club of Moulson-Tavares-Subban which is what i've always wanted to see in action and is the main reason for me posting this.

Gonna hope Snow passes. Not much interest in wildly overpaying even for Subban, who's upside I like.

Old
10-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Plekanec and Grabner on the same team would probably set a record for most short handed breakaways without a goal.
Unless they are playing the Devils.

Values fair, but trading Subban will only happen when the time is right, and from the looks of it, Montreal is in no position to deal him.

Old
10-09-2012, 07:35 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Gonna hope Snow passes. Not much interest in wildly overpaying even for Subban, who's upside I like.
The value is probably somewhere in the ballpark, me personally I don't think so as I don't havy any interest in any of the offered players, but calling that a wild over payment is a stretch. That would be (your best winger) + Hamonic + 1st. Which is what it would take for the Habs to entertain dealing Subban.

Old
10-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Yashin for President

I started a similar thread in the summer with Hamonic being traded straight up for Subban. It was interesting seeing how much respect Hamonic received. I personally think Hamonic straight up is enough, that just my opinion though.

Old
10-09-2012, 07:44 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashin for President View Post
I started a similar thread in the summer with Hamonic being traded straight up for Subban. It was interesting seeing how much respect Hamonic received. I personally think Hamonic straight up is enough, that just my opinion though.
Ridiculous. Haminoc isn't bad but Subban is better and has accomplished more while being just a year apart, and I also think he has way more potential offensively. A one on one trade would favor the NYI.

Old
10-09-2012, 07:48 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakawaka View Post

To NYI:
PK Subban

To MTL:
Michael Grabner
Matt Martin

You've got my attention...

Old
10-09-2012, 08:08 PM
mytor4*

Not interrested in the OP'S proposal.Not gonna knock the offer but the Habs can't afford to trade P.K unless it's for a deal that blows our socks off.
Would take Haminoc ++ and i understand why the Islanders wouldn't do it.

Old
10-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
This is ridiculous to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashin for President View Post
So a player that has proved more than the other one and has a higher upside is worth the same?

I love HHH but he's not on Subban's level. He would be the perfect 2nd RD on our team though. Tough, Defensively sound and good offensive player.

Old
10-09-2012, 08:18 PM
That

While Reinhart is intriguing, I'm not about to trade Subban for a player with similar upside to what Subban is actually now. Plus Subban has plenty of room to grow. Grabner and Martin certainly don't change my mind.

The value is good though, but from a Montreal stand point it just doesn't make any sense. Personally, there isn't really a whole lot of that would not only make sense for Montreal, but keep the value fair. The only proposal I can think of would make me think would be a first round pick, Okposo, and Reinhart. But quite frankly, that's pretty lopsided in favour of Montreal.

Point is, Subban would take an overpayment because Subban is our only top pairing defenceman. Gorges is more of a 3-4 and Markov is a wildcard. Moving a young defenceman for a younger defenceman with similar upside just doesn't make sense.

Old
10-09-2012, 08:21 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Reinhart, Grabner and Martin isn't bad value for Subban. Slight overpayment if you ask me, but close none the less.

Old
10-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

I wouldn't consider trading Subban in any deal which didn't get me an established star player in return. Grabner is a decent player, Martin is great in his role, and the prospect D are solid, but still prospects. Subban has already been our #1 defenseman, a very prominent starring role on the team, and still shows ample room for improvement. He may or may not ultimately fill the star billing we envision, but I wouldn't want to err on the pessimistic side there, not with the way he has developed his complete game as a pro already.

Most teams want the star power in general, and packages of lesser options and prospects aren't usually a sufficient return, not unless there are other motivating factors involved (cap issues, impending UFAdom, age, etc... none of which are in play with Subban).

I don't think it's unfair to state that Tavares is the only asset in the Isles system who should be considered in a deal for Subban. While understanding of course that the Isles wouldn't be going there. Might as well stick with "Subban is not available".

Old
10-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
We can add the proverbial 2nd round pick.

It's fair deal. I don't know if either team needs to do this, though.

Old
10-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Garth Snow wouldn't touch this deal with a ten foot pole. Good reason to believe that any/each of Reinhart, Donovan and de Haan will be playing an NHL role somewhat the equivalent of Subban's within 2-3 NHL seasons.

Another thing - three current Islanders are absolutely untouchable, in as much as any player is 'untouchable'. Those three are:
Tavares, Hamonic, Martin

For the roles they play now and are expected to hold in the future, they just can't be had.

Old
10-09-2012, 09:00 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Its good value but I think Montreal can't really afford to lose Subban. Montreal is built in a way that we have a few good young key players each at different position. We can't really afford to let any of them go because there is no way they can be replaced. If we had another good young defensemen (like McDonagh *insert massive wall of facepalms here*) then we could afford to trade one (well, not for Gomez, Pyatt and Busto obviously!).

Old
10-09-2012, 09:24 PM
overlords
Be quiet and drive

Value is solid, my compliments to the OP.

Still wouldn't do it, though. Subban is damn near untouchable.

Old
10-09-2012, 09:45 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
The value is probably somewhere in the ballpark, me personally I don't think so as I don't havy any interest in any of the offered players, but calling that a wild over payment is a stretch. That would be (your best winger) + Hamonic + 1st. Which is what it would take for the Habs to entertain dealing Subban.
Oh joy.

Another Hamonic vs. Subban pissing contest, between Habs and NYI fans.

Let's skip the putdowns and simply refer to a hf thread from several months ago: most NYI fans don't want to trade Hamonic+ for Subban, don't want Hamonic alone moved for Subban. While most Habs fans think it'd take Hamonic+.

Closed Thread