HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sphl Preseason game at Bridgestone arena

Old
10-09-2012, 05:47 PM
PredsFanFromla

vCash: 500
Sphl Preseason game at Bridgestone arena

Nashville Predators to Host SPHL’S Knoxville Ice Bears And Huntsville Havoc On Oct. 20 Presented By 102.5 FM The Game

Quote:
Nashville, Tenn. - The Nashville Predators have partnered with the Southern Professional Hockey League’s Knoxville Ice Bears to bring hockey to Bridgestone Arena on Oct. 20.

The SPHL preseason contest, which sees the Ice Bears take on the Huntsville Havoc at 7 p.m. CT, completes an afternoon of on-ice events starting with an Adult Skills Development Clinic at 1:30 p.m. CT, followed by a Vanderbilt University Alumni game at 4 p.m.
http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.h...id=DL|NSH|home

PredsFanFromla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 07:12 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

boycott: this is not the answer

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 07:33 PM
PredsFanFromla

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post

i hope preds fans don't boycott this preseason game,because their boycotting the nhl lockout,two sphl teams playing in a nhl teams arena has got nothing to with the nhl lockout

Old
10-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Right there with you, I'd rather drive to milwaukee and watch the ads instead

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 09:10 PM
MrJoshua

Why would you boycott this? No, it isn't an NHL game, but good grief. It's a couple of local teams (Knoxville TN and Huntsville AL) getting to play a game on NHL ice. Come out and watch it. Support local hockey. It isn't local NHL, but it's still local hockey

If you need to make a gesture to show you're unhappy with management, then don't buy any refreshments or anything else while you're at the game. But boycotting a couple of local teams isn't going to make any kind of point to the NHL other than "wow, these low-level teams aren't very popular."

MrJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 09:14 PM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
What is the answer then? Cause boycotting a sphl game is going to drive both parties back to the table?

Might as well enjoy and evening out and some cheap hockey (it's free for season ticketers). It's not like the Preds are signing these guys as replacement players.

If anything, peeps should go to show support for the Preds and hockey in Nashville. Because if the PA wins this thing, you're going to find the Preds in someplace like Hamilton sooner or later.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 09:27 PM
PredsFanFromla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoshua View Post
Why would you boycott this? No, it isn't an NHL game, but good grief. It's a couple of local teams (Knoxville TN and Huntsville AL) getting to play a game on NHL ice. Come out and watch it. Support local hockey. It isn't local NHL, but it's still local hockey

If you need to make a gesture to show you're unhappy with management, then don't buy any refreshments or anything else while you're at the game. But boycotting a couple of local teams isn't going to make any kind of point to the NHL other than "wow, these low-level teams aren't very popular."

i agree with this post,sphl hockey is all that i have to watch down here

hope that preds fans can put the boycotting the nhl aside to go watch the icebears and havco play just for one night

Old
10-10-2012, 05:37 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Atleast there is some hockey. I'm going to an ECHL game this saturday night in Evansville. Got to get my fix somewhere.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Predarat

To me boycotting this is a horrible idea, players at this level play for the love of the game and puck bunnies. Also its a good reason to get downtown and support the downtown businesses. Plus I hear these two teams hate each other so there may be a bit of the rough stuff. I know its just the Sunshine League, but its hockey. Maybe if there is a good turnout, and the lockout extends they will books some more minor league hockey for us. I will be there, no Preds gear though, ill be sporting either a minor league, beer league, or team USA jersey.

Predarat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 09:56 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
What is the answer then? Cause boycotting a sphl game is going to drive both parties back to the table?

Might as well enjoy and evening out and some cheap hockey (it's free for season ticketers). It's not like the Preds are signing these guys as replacement players.

If anything, peeps should go to show support for the Preds and hockey in Nashville. Because if the PA wins this thing, you're going to find the Preds in someplace like Hamilton sooner or later.
I agree.... if i think it won't make me madder at all involved (nhlpa and nhl)....then it might be a fun night....

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 10:13 AM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
This should be fun.. I'm going.

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 10:41 AM
hipcheck85
Where is Triggrman?

Quote:
Easy big fella. Money from tickets goes to Childrens Hospital so at least they aren't pocketing it. Should be lots of scraps as minor leaguers literally fight for a spot on the team. Guess there is nowhere to go if you aren't catching on in the SPHL.

hipcheck85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 05:37 PM
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoshua View Post

I agree and I think that same kind of attidude exists here in Georgia in regards to our minor leauge team. Many who followed the Thrashers probably deem the Gladiators as not good enough because they are two steps down from the NHL. Then others just take whatever they can get.

NSHPreds1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 05:44 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
Right there with you, I'd rather drive to milwaukee and watch the ads instead
Opening Night is Friday Oct 19 at 7 PM against Charlotte. Friday Nov 2 vs LEM, Nov 9 & Nov 30 vs the dreaded Chicago Wolves. Please stop in!

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 08:26 PM
LoveMyLife

Personally, I wouldn't miss this. These teams hate each other & there's usually a lot of amazing scraps. I doubt I'll be wearing any Preds gear. Instead I'll wear the jersey from one of the two teams on the ice. (I have one of each.)

I support both teams even when the NHL is in business.

LoveMyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 09:24 PM
Nitrous Mafia

this is awesome

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 12:00 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Well I attended an ECHL game this weekend and I was bored to death. I don't think I'll be going to any more games until the NHL is back. If it's not the Preds, I don't think I can care about it.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:17 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Well I attended an ECHL game this weekend and I was bored to death. I don't think I'll be going to any more games until the NHL is back. If it's not the Preds, I don't think I can care about it.
yeah, I was the same way... went to see the Evansville Icemen and its just hard to watch.... Im sure the fact that I became 'hockey aware" watching NHL and never had been exposed to lower level hockey has a lot to do with it, but the game moves so slowly in comparison....

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 02:22 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
yeah, I was the same way... went to see the Evansville Icemen and its just hard to watch.... Im sure the fact that I became 'hockey aware" watching NHL and never had been exposed to lower level hockey has a lot to do with it, but the game moves so slowly in comparison....
That's where I was too. Nice arena though.