HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Official Dinamo Riga Thread 2012/2013 season talk

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2012, 07:02 AM
BalticWarrior

vCash: 500
Bukarts looks good in liepāja,maybe we should call him up?

Old
10-10-2012, 07:12 AM
RobertR

Naah, him and Indrasis will be super-duo in Liepāja.

If serious, he is not better then any of our top6 forwards, but he isn`t bottom 6 player, so only Liepāja.

Old
10-10-2012, 07:23 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
Naah, him and Indrasis will be super-duo in Liepāja.

If serious, he is not better then any of our top6 forwards, but he isn`t bottom 6 player, so only Liepāja.
Aaaand your reasoning is??? I`ll remind you that schremp has scored whopping 1(!!) goal,i think if we placed Roberts on our top-6 he would definitely do better than that

Old
10-10-2012, 07:33 AM
RobertR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Aaaand your reasoning is??? I`ll remind you that schremp has scored whopping 1(!!) goal,i think if we placed Roberts on our top-6 he would definitely do better than that
You need a reasoning to understand why Schremp is better player then Bukarts?

And again, you forgot, that Schremp playing in top6 only 2 or 3 games.

Schremp was 0.50pts player in NHL, almost ppg player in Elitserien, Bukarts in the other hand was 0.20pts player in KHL, and before last game, he had 2 pts in 6 BAČ games... come on..

Old
10-10-2012, 07:38 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
You need a reasoning to understand why Schremp is better player then Bukarts?

And again, you forgot, that Schremp playing in top6 only 2 or 3 games.

Schremp was 0.50pts player in NHL, almost ppg player in Elitserien, Bukarts in the other hand was 0.20pts player in KHL, and before last game, he had 2 pts in 6 BAČ games... come on..
He was playing waaay more than that,and it doesnt matter what shremp WAS,but what he is now,if he has such an unimaginable skill why ISNT he scoring?

Old
10-10-2012, 07:53 AM
RobertR

Quote:
He was playing waaay more than that,and it doesnt matter what shremp WAS,but what he is now,if he has such an unimaginable skill why ISNT he scoring?
Really?

Regarding khl.ru info, he started game in top6 only once, yeah, he was moved there couple of times, but again mby 2-3, not more.

Why he isn`t scoring? Again, i`am not inside the team, so i can`t tell. Mby he needs more time, like Giroux, only started scoring after ~5 games, Schremp mby needs 10~, and again linesmates issues, Meija and Dzerins are not terrible, like you said, but they definitely are waaay bellow Schremp talent. Remember how much time Trotter needed to show hes real game, ofc, that was slightly different situation, he was playing in NA prev season, when Schremp played in Sweden, but as we all know, all people are different, so Schremp have some problems, hope he can get over them asap.

Old
10-10-2012, 08:36 AM
SoundAndFury

Well I must say arguing that Bukarts is better than Schremp is pretty ridiculous

Old
10-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Well I must say arguing that Bukarts is better than Schremp is pretty ridiculous
Maybe he meant Rihards Bukarts?

Old
10-10-2012, 08:58 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Was not arguing that,just saying Schremp has not shown anything.

Old
10-10-2012, 03:24 PM
wings5

Schremp was alot better junior and pro player than alot of the North Americans suchas Hodgman who are doing well in the KHL. Maybe he does not have as good of a supporting cast as the other players. But if Tim Stapleton and Bochenski can contribute so should Schremp who has a higher skill level. I have a feeling this may not be his year but next year after adjusting he can breakout.

Old
10-12-2012, 01:46 PM
BalticWarrior

Roberts Bukarts called up from Liepāja.

Old
10-15-2012, 09:52 AM
BalticWarrior

4:0 against Barys in late 3d period,looks like Rautakalio won`t be in Rīga for long.

Old
10-15-2012, 10:19 AM
RobertR

And nice comeback by our youngsters Indrasis and Bukarts.

If seriously, i really don`t know what is wrong with our team. Yeah, maybe in previous games, we could of said that we had chances, luck just turned back on us. But today, our worst game this season. Our scoring is just pathetic, less then 2 goals per game.

Yeah, maybe owners decide to release Pekk, but i dunno if it will help...

Old
10-15-2012, 10:23 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
And nice comeback by our youngsters Indrasis and Bukarts.

If seriously, i really don`t know what is wrong with our team. Yeah, maybe in previous games, we could of said that we had chances, luck just turned back on us. But today, our worst game this season. Our scoring is just pathetic, less then 2 goals per game.

Yeah, maybe owners decide to release Pekk, but i dunno if it will help...
Every day more and more i`m convinced it`s his fault,his dump`n`chase "finnish hockey" has been degrading our team,we need a new coach,fast.
Also note that alot of KHL teams with finnish coaches struggle to score and put up a good game (Minsk who fired their Finnish coach,Amur,Rīga,Avangard)

Old
10-15-2012, 10:25 AM
BalticWarrior

Our roster is good,hell,on paper it`s better than last year,i blame Pekka and yeah i know i will get trashed,but whatever it`s just my 2 cents.

Old
10-15-2012, 10:27 AM
RobertR

Yeah, maybe that is the problem. Last year Pekka worked pretty much on Shuplers built basis. So result was acceptable. But now, when he focused all our play style only on dnp, our guys can`t properly do that.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
Every day more and more i`m convinced it`s his fault,his dump`n`chase "finnish hockey" has been degrading our team,we need a new coach,fast.
Also note that alot of KHL teams with finnish coaches struggle to score and put up a good game (Minsk who fired their Finnish coach,Amur,Rīga,Avangard)
Ok, ok. And last year Finnish coaches were the real thing. GC Finals for Omsk, long awaited playoffs in Khabarovsk, #2 West seed and 2nd round finish for Nizhny. So, maybe astrologist can explain it? Planet cycles?

Old
10-15-2012, 12:56 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
Ok, ok. And last year Finnish coaches were the real thing. GC Finals for Omsk, long awaited playoffs in Khabarovsk, #2 West seed and 2nd round finish for Nizhny. So, maybe astrologist can explain it? Planet cycles?
Still point remains Rautkallio is not an option for this team,because with this kind of roster on paper we ARE a play-off team and until he is removen it will just be that- on paper.

Old
10-15-2012, 01:19 PM
v-man

If Pekka is the first to fall, I wonder if they'll consider offering the job to Nolan, since he's familiar with most of the team and could be useful in getting more out of the imports. Then again, maybe he'd consider it too much to put on his shoulders before the Olympic qualifying tournament. He has a somewhat similar style to Rautkallio though, so the adjustment wouldn't be too drastic.

Old
10-15-2012, 01:23 PM
jaco

Quote:
Not to mention Jalonen/Torpedo.

Old
10-15-2012, 01:25 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
If Pekka is the first to fall, I wonder if they'll consider offering the job to Nolan, since he's familiar with most of the team and could be useful in getting more out of the imports. Then again, maybe he'd consider it too much to put on his shoulders before the Olympic qualifying tournament. He has a somewhat similar style to Rautkallio though, so the adjustment wouldn't be too drastic.
Noo noo i don`t want Nolan coaching DR,it would only harm our chances to qualify,and chances to get into 2013 wc quarterfinals.

Old
10-15-2012, 01:29 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
Nolan would be a good choice, but, if memory serves, he said that he won't train a club, because it takes too much time and he wants to spend it with his family.

Old
10-17-2012, 09:30 AM
RobertR

Solid 2nd period.

Old
10-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

This is a total disaster. We need leadership, and need it fast.

Old
10-17-2012, 06:53 PM
SoundAndFury

Well now it's official, this team stinks.

Closed Thread