HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tarasenko to NJ

Old
10-09-2012, 11:57 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacain View Post
No.1 Tarasenko isn't that bad defensivly

No.2 The Blues are not putting Andy McDonald on a line that isn't going to get scoring minutes.
Number 1.) Yes he is, he was terrible at the WJC level and even good defensive players from Russia go through a massive transition to NHL hockey.

Number 2.) He got less ES minutes per game than Perron, Backes and Oshie. That will be considered the 2nd line.

Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 12:00 AM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
Number 1.) Yes he is, he was terrible at the WJC level and even good defensive players from Russia go through a massive transition to NHL hockey.

Number 2.) He got less ES minutes per game than Perron, Backes and Oshie. That will be considered the 2nd line.
It seems like you honestly haven't seen Tarasenko play much with the statements you make.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 12:04 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
It seems like you honestly haven't seen Tarasenko play much with the statements you make.
Oh I forgot, this is HF... land of the armchair scouts who have thousands of hours of live Russian action. Please, I can see the defensive ability of a player in one or two games and at the WJC level he wasn't good at all.

Old
10-10-2012, 12:07 AM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Oh I forgot, this is HF... land of the armchair scouts who have thousands of hours of live Russian action. Please, I can see the defensive ability of a player in one or two games and at the WJC level he wasn't good at all.
Blues fans have watched many games of Tarasenko in the KHL on X-box live you can watch KHL games. Blues fans have been very excited since drafting Tarasenko and following our top prospect closely. I think any teams fans would follow their top prospects closely and watch as many games of them as you can.

Maybe you should be an NHL scout since you see deficiencies that Hitchcock himself does not see.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 12:08 AM
Novacain

Quote:
No, you forget you are talking to Blues fans who have been watching Tarasenko play in the KHL for 2 years.

Novacain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 12:11 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Well I guess we will see, I predict if Tarasenko doesn't put up a lot of points in first 15 games or so he will get shifted to the 3rd line. I don't feel his defensive game will allow him to play that many minutes without production.

Old
10-10-2012, 12:46 AM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
ok frazee too. u hard bargainers.

åboriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 02:46 AM
underslept
well-informed

Quote:
It seems possible your evaluation skills just aren't that good.

underslept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 03:23 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Well I guess we will see, I predict if Tarasenko doesn't put up a lot of points in first 15 games or so he will get shifted to the 3rd line. I don't feel his defensive game will allow him to play that many minutes without production.
Well duh. The thing you need to realize is that the Blues roll their top three lines fairly evenly at ES. Hitchcock talked about keeping the duos of Backes & Oshie and Berglund & Perron together, and putting McDonald, Steen, and Tarasenko on a line together. As Backes and Berglund are currently the #1 and #2 centers on the Blues, that would mean that Tarasenko is currently penciled in on the third line, with Andy McDonald. It doesn't really mean a whole lot. They will still see plenty of ice-time in productive situations.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 04:01 AM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by underslept View Post
It seems possible your evaluation skills just aren't that good.
It seems possible the guy you are quoting is a professional scout, if I recall correctly.

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 04:05 AM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by underslept View Post
It's amusing how you paint one very good season in the NHL as a proven player.

You are no doubt aware of how many stories there are of these.

Henrique deserves more attention than he gets, but less from you. It would be well within the realm of possibility to say you are over-valuing Henrique. The bolded part explains why you are over-valuing him.
Say what you will but one very good season from a center is more proven than zero NHL games played from a prospect winger. It's all relative.

Last edited by Yashintangibles: 10-10-2012 at 04:10 AM.
Old
10-10-2012, 05:01 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri the Fury View Post
It seems possible the guy you are quoting is a professional scout, if I recall correctly.
Still doesn't mean anything, unless the guy was a proven successful scout or if he actually scouted Tarasenko personally. Just because you are a professional, doesn't mean you are actually good at what you do.

Comparing Tarasenko to Filatov is a joke, as well as the argument about Hitchcock and Russians.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Still doesn't mean anything, unless the guy was a proven successful scout or if he actually scouted Tarasenko personally. Just because you are a professional, doesn't mean you are actually good at what you do.

Comparing Tarasenko to Filatov is a joke, as well as the argument about Hitchcock and Russians.
I don't agree with the "Hitchcock hates Russians" neither, even if there's a long list of Russian players he didn't trust in, the day KH will get another good one, there won't be any issue IMO. Though on precedent posts that you quoted, people were arguing about Tarasenko skills.

Unless you're a Blues fan, it seems like that it shouldn't be a big deal to understand that Tarasenko will not be a proven elite forward until he finally plays the game there. it's neither a big deal to admit that his defence needs to get better for the NHL standards also.

You guys are being too sensitive. Criticism is not necessarily bashing. Yes, jumping the KHL to play in NHL is tough but Tarasenko's still a tremendous prospect that will probably reach his potential, which is quite impressive.

Old
10-10-2012, 09:17 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri the Fury View Post
I don't agree with the "Hitchcock hates Russians" neither, even if there's a long list of Russian players he didn't trust in, the day KH will get another good one, there won't be any issue IMO. Though on precedent posts that you quoted, people were arguing about Tarasenko skills.

Unless you're a Blues fan, it seems like that it shouldn't be a big deal to understand that a player will not be a proven elite forward until he finally plays the game there. it's neither a big deal to admit that his defence needs to get better for the NHL standards also.

You guys are being too sensitive. Criticism is not necessarily bashing. Yes, jumping the KHL to play in NHL is tough but Tarasenko's still a tremendous prospect that will probably reach his potential, which is quite impressive.
No Blues fan has said he is an elite player, just that he has elite potential. None of the proposals made for him make us any better, which is all we have been saying. No one has seriously said that he is the 2nd coming of Jesus.

Our fanbase on here takes pride in our realism, which is why we react so strongly.

Old
10-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
No Blues fan has said he is an elite player, just that he has elite potential. None of the proposals made for him make us any better, which is all we have been saying. No one has seriously said that he is the 2nd coming of Jesus.

Our fanbase on here takes pride in our realism, which is why we react so strongly.
So do we, which is why I'm a little embarrassed by this thread. We're crazy about other things, but when it comes to proposals we tend to be realistic. This is a little loopy. We all know that Tarasenko is an excellent player and therefore going nowhere, most of us knew it even before the thread started, but still it continues.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 10:35 AM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Just curious: What do Blues fans expect Tarasenko's production to be in his rookie year? Are we talking....40 points? 50? 60? Assume a full 82 game season.

AfroThunder396 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 10:39 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
So do we, which is why I'm a little embarrassed by this thread. We're crazy about other things, but when it comes to proposals we tend to be realistic. This is a little loopy. We all know that Tarasenko is an excellent player and therefore going nowhere, most of us knew it even before the thread started, but still it continues.
Haha, well it's all good then.

Old
10-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Blanick
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Just curious: What do Blues fans expect Tarasenko's production to be in his rookie year? Are we talking....40 points? 50? 60? Assume a full 82 game season.
I think most blues fans are aware he will need a little time to adjust to the NA game but his point total has been speculated over again and again and I have seen things as low at 30 to as high as 70. Personally I think he will land in the mid 40s range for his first year but wouldn't be shocked at all if he pushed into the 50s. The 60s would be a stretch but he has showed that he has that kind of potential.

Blanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 10:43 AM
The Note
Bullies

Quote:
I was realistically expecting 45-50 points over an 82 game season in his rookie year. I think it'll be an adjustment but Hitch seems ready to give him regular ice time and probably some PP time as well.

The Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 10:57 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Probably around 50. If he got 55, I would consider it a very successful season. I think it's reasonable to think he can get about 25 goals and 25 assists, give or take a couple. He will be playing with Steen and McDonald, and the 3 of them all play a style that fits perfectly with each other.

I think he has the potential to have a bigger rookie season like Bobby Ryan had, but it probably isn't likely. In future seasons, I expect him to have production on par with Ryan.

We may have a defensive oriented system, but when we have McDonald and Perron healthy and in the lineup, we produce like a top 10 offensive team, so it's not like Tarasenko will be hindered by our system.

Old
10-11-2012, 11:07 AM
apice3*

I like Tarasenko's game but I do not see him scoring 40 points in his rookie year in the NHL. There's so much more physicality, blocked shots, and the defense and goaltending are miles ahead.

Tarasenko is going to look like a fish out of water for the first few months. I think he'll eventually get it, but no way is his experience going to translate in the NHL quickly. He'd be better off with a year in the AHL, IMO.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 12:15 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
What would be the issue with Henrique + say, Zubrus for Tarasenko? It's a lot for Tarasenko but if you really want them to trade a player they don't want to give up, it should be a return like that.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 12:22 PM
apice3*

I get the Blues asking for Henrique, but there is no point in the Devils trading a Calder finalist AND an asset in exchange for a player who hasn't played a game yet.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 12:27 PM
ManyIdeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
I get the Blues asking for Henrique, but there is no point in the Devils trading a Calder finalist AND an asset in exchange for a player who hasn't played a game yet.
Agreed. On the other side of the coin, why would we trade him away for anything other than an overpayment? He fits a need and he costs next to nothing (in a hockey sense).

ManyIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 02:10 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Except no Blues fan has asked or has shown much of any interest in Henrique.