HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bruins/Jets Trade

Old
10-09-2012, 11:03 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 6159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Right, because thats the same thing.

Seguin is far more valuable than any other asset in the deal.
Just like Bogosian + Little is worth far more than Krejci. He was making the point that arguing by complete exaggeration gets you nowhere.

Someone saying the Jets would have to add to Little has a valid point but it's only meaningful if you say something constructive to the discussion. For example, you could say what the Bruins needs are. Making some ridiculous statement to prove you really think Krejci is worth more than Little just comes off as childish.

But in the spirit of fairness: the Jets want Krejci for Little, to which the Bruins ask for Bogosian, to which the Jets ask for Seguin, to which the Bruins ask for ONE BILLION DOLLARS

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 12:03 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

vCash: 500
A better starting point...

Krejci

For

Little
Redmond
2nd rounder

I can't see the Bruins doing the deal anyway, since I think they would want an upgrade (Ryan, Kane, etc) over Krejci and would likely add to make it happen.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 12:07 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Krejci
Spooner

For

Little
Trouba

Could workout for both teams, but I think the Jets would like to hold onto Trouba in the meantime.

Old
10-10-2012, 12:33 AM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

when i see little play... i fear he is one of those guys that scores on a bad team cause someone always scores on bad teams... and as winnipeg becomes a good team he will start bouncing from one team to another every couple years as a servicable bottom tier top 6 soft scoring forward...

like a cory stillman or a ray whitney or a cliff ronning type... and its not the worst thing in the world... these guys have good careers BUT

krecji to me is a bottom tier top line center. I cant name 20 guys off the top of my head that id rather have as my top line center now. And that includes Bergeron and Seguin... not right now...

so there would be no appetite for me to deal krecji for a guy that could end up on my third line. Would Little play ahead of any of seguin/bergeron/lucic/marchand/hornton? and if not theres only 1 spot open... and would Little play ahead of Peverly?

a deal of Krecji plus something for Kane might obviously interest me... depending how much bad blood is between Kane and winnipeg now. I like Ladd alot too but he seems to be mr winnipeg. I like Bogosian. Without one of these three involved in the deal though, I would keep Krecji and use him in a deal with some other team

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 12:52 AM
brom7

We don't really need to make a move right now. The value seems decent, but as it was posted before. I see Krejci getting traded for a dynamic goal scorer.

That said, maybe a pick or a decent prospect could get this done.

brom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 02:26 AM
bostone737

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Then you can add seguin
ya, that's ret--- ridiculous

bostone737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 02:59 AM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostone737 View Post
ya, that's ret--- ridiculous
Yup, and so is adding Bogosian to the original offer. See how that works?

Romang67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 03:17 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
Just like Bogosian + Little is worth far more than Krejci. He was making the point that arguing by complete exaggeration gets you nowhere.

Someone saying the Jets would have to add to Little has a valid point but it's only meaningful if you say something constructive to the discussion. For example, you could say what the Bruins needs are. Making some ridiculous statement to prove you really think Krejci is worth more than Little just comes off as childish.

But in the spirit of fairness: the Jets want Krejci for Little, to which the Bruins ask for Bogosian, to which the Jets ask for Seguin, to which the Bruins ask for ONE BILLION DOLLARS
Bruins needs in order of importance:
  • An upgrade to their top-6 scoring wing positions
  • An upgrade to their top-4 defensemen
  • A 3rd line LW with scoring ability
  • Good defensive prospects
  • Good goalie prospects
  • High end forward prospects

The problem I see with this deal is that Little for Krejci just doesn't work and the Jets really don't have the quality prospects to make it work. Little isn't any better than any of the B's current wingers and would slot in at #4 after Seguin goes to center. It would take a pretty big overpayment by the Jets to get the B's to trade their #1 center for someone who would slot in behind Looch, Horton, Marchand. I really like Enstrom and Bogosian but the B's IMO can't trade a forward from the top-6 without receiving one back so a deal would have to be something like : Krejci + Boychuk for Little + Bogosian.

Prospects have little value to the B's seeing as how they want to win now. Solid D prospects are the most appealing if you're trying to put together a deal.

I just don't see Krejci going unless it is for a solid top-6 30 goal guy (B's would obviously add).

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 03:41 AM
almostawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
Bruins needs in order of importance:
  • An upgrade to their top-6 scoring wing positions
  • An upgrade to their top-4 defensemen
  • A 3rd line LW with scoring ability
  • Good defensive prospects
  • Good goalie prospects
  • High end forward prospects

The problem I see with this deal is that Little for Krejci just doesn't work and the Jets really don't have the quality prospects to make it work. Little isn't any better than any of the B's current wingers and would slot in at #4 after Seguin goes to center. It would take a pretty big overpayment by the Jets to get the B's to trade their #1 center for someone who would slot in behind Looch, Horton, Marchand. I really like Enstrom and Bogosian but the B's IMO can't trade a forward from the top-6 without receiving one back so a deal would have to be something like : Krejci + Boychuk for Little + Bogosian.

Prospects have little value to the B's seeing as how they want to win now. Solid D prospects are the most appealing if you're trying to put together a deal.

I just don't see Krejci going unless it is for a solid top-6 30 goal guy (B's would obviously add).
I think what you, and Bruins fans in general, are misunderstanding in this thread is how highly Bogosian is valued by Jets fans and the organization.

There is no one player on the Jets' roster or in their system that is as important to their long term success as Bogosian. With the strides he made last year the general consensus is that he has a legitimate shot at making himself a 25+ minute a night, all situation, #1 defenceman. Look, I'm not saying that's how it will turn out, the guy has had consistency issues thorough out his career, but at this point in time that's how he's viewed.

To put it into context, I as well as a significant portion of Jets fans (although perhaps not the majority) would rather trade Kane than Bogosian if we were getting equal return for each.

I don't think that many Bruins fans would consider Krejci to be a fair offer for Kane, so think how an offer of Krejci for Bogosian and Little looks from a Jets fan's perspective.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 03:48 AM
Whydidijoin*

Lol wow, Krejci is overrated.

Whydidijoin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 03:57 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
I think what you, and Bruins fans in general, are misunderstanding in this thread is how highly Bogosian is valued by Jets fans and the organization.

There is no one player on the Jets' roster or in their system that is as important to their long term success as Bogosian. With the strides he made last year the general consensus is that he has a legitimate shot at making himself a 25+ minute a night, all situation, #1 defenceman. Look, I'm not saying that's how it will turn out, the guy has had consistency issues thorough out his career, but at this point in time that's how he's viewed.

To put it into context, I as well as a significant portion of Jets fans (although perhaps not the majority) would rather trade Kane than Bogosian if we were getting equal return for each.

I don't think that many Bruins fans would consider Krejci to be a fair offer for Kane, so think how an offer of Krejci for Bogosian and Little looks from a Jets fan's perspective.
That's fine. I'm not suggesting it's a deal the Jets should or would make. I'm simply saying Little for Krejci makes Boston a worse team and prospects and picks mean nothing to the B's who need to win while Chara is still playing at his level.

As I said if Krejci gets moved it will most likely be for a 30g winger and since Kane is obviously (and rightfully) off the table I think both fan bases can move on.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 04:16 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
Why even comment? At the very least, try to contribute something to the discussion.

Old
10-10-2012, 06:06 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
Would there be any merit to a trade around Bryan Little for David Krejci? I know Little would be better suited for RW, and the Bruins seem to have a top 6 of Lucic/Marchand LW, Seguin/Bergeron/Krejci Centre, Horton RW. The Jets could use a natural centre for the first line rather than slotting Little in between Wheeler and Ladd, although he isn't terrible in the middle.

Would Boston (or Bruins fans) consider something like this? Would Winnipeg have to add much, if any? Little is 24 and on his last year before RFA. Krejci is 26 and has a few years left on a 5.2M contract...thoughts?
I don't really see a deal that works out for both teams that makes a ton of sense.

Rather than the Bruins getting Little+ for Krejci, it would make a lot more sense for the Bruins to get Kane for Krejci+ but then the Jets are in the same situation as the Bruins are with the original proposal.

The guys the Bruins would certainly be interested in are Kane, Enstrom, and Bogosian and I am sure that the Jets and their fans are just as eager to give up those players as the Bruins GM is to give up Krejci for lesser players.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 06:08 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
wow, Krejci has to be one of the most underrated players on hf boards.

see, I can do that too.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 07:47 AM
Oates2Neely

Jets players whom the Bruins would have interest in IMO:

Kane, Bogoasian, Enstrom.

Boston has no use for Little. Lucic Horton Seguin Marchand Peverly are all ahead of him on the depth chart... And to be honest, I'd rather have Caron too. I'm just not a fan of Little at all. Smallish perimiter player whom doesnt really specialize in any particluar style game.

To BOS:
Kane
Enstrom

To WIN:
Thomas
Hamilton
Krejci

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 07:54 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post

Of course I get the point, but adding in Seguin is different than adding Bogisian. Seguin is worth more than Bogosian.

Don't really see a trade happening here, only player the Bruins woudl be interested in are Kane, Enstrom and Bogosian. Probably untouchable.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 08:22 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Of course I get the point, but adding in Seguin is different than adding Bogisian. Seguin is worth more than Bogosian.

Don't really see a trade happening here, only player the Bruins woudl be interested in are Kane, Enstrom and Bogosian. Probably untouchable.
It's really not. Both of those deals were terrible!

Old
10-10-2012, 08:26 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
It's really not. Both of those deals were terrible!
It really is, because Seguin > Bogosian.

But you're right, that deal was putrid as well.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 08:30 AM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
Meh, next season it could work out if we keep little.

Kane-Scheifele-Wheeler
Marleau/Lowry-Burmistrov-Little
Ladd-Slater-Thorburn
Poni-Cormier-Machacek

Enstrom-Byfuglien
Boyle-Bogosian/Clitsome
Stuart-Postma/Clitsome
Postma

Pavelec
Pasquale/Montoya/Dekanich

We trade away, Antro, Jokinen, Miettinen and Wellwood to some team and add a number two left wing.

Hell, we'll do Marleau, Boyle and 3rd for Antropov, Hainsey, Jokinen and Miettinen or something like that, and Wellwood for a 2nd
We have a second line left winger who's been just a goal or two away from thirty the last two years I think he's doing alright and SJ wouldn't make that trade they would hang up and never answer the phone when they saw a 204 area code ever again

veganhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 08:34 AM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post

Boston has no use for Little. Lucic Horton Seguin Marchand Peverly are all ahead of him on the depth chart... And to be honest, I'd rather have Caron too. I'm just not a fan of Little at all. Smallish perimiter player whom doesnt really specialize in any particluar style game.

To BOS:
Kane
Enstrom

To WIN:
Thomas
Hamilton
Krejci
Lets just for arguments sake call Kane and Krejci a wash (which it isn't) we are trading Enstrom for a prospect who might be as good as Enstrom one day and a cap dump

I love Hamilton but not that much

veganhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Crazed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post

To BOS:
Kane
Enstrom

To WIN:
Thomas
Hamilton
Krejci
Dont think Winnipeg would want Thomas. But to bring Little back to the table

To Boston:
Little <
Enstrom >

To Winnipeg:
Krejci >
McQuaid <

Little isnt as bad as you might think he is. There is a lot of value in him. Him playing the wing to Seguin could be pretty lethal.

Crazed Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 08:46 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

I'm not comfortable dealing Krejci, and would rather not. But if the brass is set on moving him than I think I'd be more inclined to see someone like Evander Kane returning than Brian Little. In that scenario, I believe the Bruins would have to add; so I'll counter with Krejci & Spooner for Kane.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed Fan View Post
Dont think Winnipeg would want Thomas. But to bring Little back to the table

To Boston:
Little <
Enstrom >

To Winnipeg:
Krejci >
McQuaid <

Little isnt as bad as you might think he is. There is a lot of value in him. Him playing the wing to Seguin could be pretty lethal.
Ok, I'll be clearer this time. I have ZERO interest in Bryan Little joining the Boston Bruins. We have better wingers than him on our top 3 lines, w/ the exception of Caron, whom I'm confident will put up decent numbers.

Old
10-10-2012, 09:15 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganhunter View Post
Lets just for arguments sake call Kane and Krejci a wash (which it isn't) we are trading Enstrom for a prospect who might be as good as Enstrom one day and a cap dump

I love Hamilton but not that much
Ok, but Hamilton MAY some day very soon be a better dman than Enstrom is now & will ever be. Hamilton is 'projected' to be a #1.

Not too mention the cap savings on Hamilton as opposed to Entrom. Winnipeg isn't close to being a contender, this move (if made) would be done with an eye on the future. A top-pairing of Bogosian-Hamilton. Scheifele could play behind Krejci. Im not suggesting Winnipeg agrees to this trade, but it's a heck of alot more interesting than having to endure Jets fans trying to peddle off Bryan Little on us Bruins fans.

Old
10-10-2012, 09:18 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
bruins don't like little players

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote