HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wings Returning Money to Season Ticket Holders?

Old
10-09-2012, 01:55 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 500
Wings Returning Money to Season Ticket Holders?

Could also be speculation but....

Heard from a friend that is a season ticket holder he recently received ALL of his season ticket money back with a letter from Ilitch and the Wings explaining future options. The letter includes an update that in 2014 the Wings would host the Winter Classic if the season is wiped out.

Interesting along with the Zetterberg news, it appears the Wings at least feel this season is lost. Might also explain Jimmy D's frustrated comments. I know we have other season ticket holders around here wondering if you have received the same news. As a disclaimer, I don't live in Detroit anymore so I have not seen the letter in person but believe what my friend is telling me, see no reason to doubt it.

Think it is a class act as usual by the Red Wings.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 01:59 PM
irishtemper

Sum*****

irishtemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 02:33 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

A little more insight into what is happening from Ted Kulfan.

http://blogs.detroitnews.com/redwing...tion-of-games/

Not what every team is doing, I just don't think this is a very good sign. But glad the Wings are at least giving fans options.

Old
10-09-2012, 08:44 PM
probertrules24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post

Heard from a friend that is a season ticket holder he recently received ALL of his season ticket money back with a letter from Ilitch and the Wings explaining future options. The letter includes an update that in 2014 the Wings would host the Winter Classic if the season is wiped out.

Interesting along with the Zetterberg news, it appears the Wings at least feel this season is lost. Might also explain Jimmy D's frustrated comments. I know we have other season ticket holders around here wondering if you have received the same news. As a disclaimer, I don't live in Detroit anymore so I have not seen the letter in person but believe what my friend is telling me, see no reason to doubt it.

Sorry not trying to derail this thread but what was the zetterberg news?

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 09:03 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by probertrules24 View Post
Sorry not trying to derail this thread but what was the zetterberg news?
He signed with Zug. Said he was going to wait a lot longer than he did and then basically left pretty early. Thought jobs overseas might fill up and didn't think he could wait any longer. He is on the 30 person player team that is said to be constantly included and kept up to speed. He has been in charge of the Wings practice ice time and was talking about how they would pay for it last week with competitions or something soon. Then a couple days later he is packing up for Switzerland. I don't take that as a good sign at all.

In early September he made it sound like he wouldn't leave until the season cancelled. Then at the start of October he said when the cancelled games he would take offers more seriously. Now maybe Zug knocked his socks off, because he turned down Lugano just seven days ago. Saying he wasn't ready yet. Pretty big change in a week and since Z is pretty connected I just don't like how this feels. Don't fault him for a second but it seems the Wings are pretty certain this is dead in the water, both the organization sending things out and the players beginning to jet overseas. If Helm, Abdelkader and Howard jet here soon, Cleary is already over practicing last I heard we can see the writing on the wall.

Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 10-09-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old
10-09-2012, 09:50 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:

Class act, that Red Wings president, referring to the players as cattle.
Class act, that Red Wings owner, making money hand over fist and locking out the players for more

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 10:16 PM
probertrules24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Class act, that Red Wings president, referring to the players as cattle
Not sure why this is being spun into something it wasn't. His exact quote was the players and himself were the cattle. He never said just the players. The guy was speaking openly and used a bad analogy.

Back on topic. With everything going on it sure does look like this season is slipping away. It is nice to see that the people who help make this money that both sides are fighting over the ownership is doing the right thing for season ticket holders.

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 11:45 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by probertrules24 View Post
Not sure why this is being spun into something it wasn't. His exact quote was the players and himself were the cattle. He never said just the players. The guy was speaking openly and used a bad analogy.

Back on topic. With everything going on it sure does look like this season is slipping away. It is nice to see that the people who help make this money that both sides are fighting over the ownership is doing the right thing for season ticket holders.
I don't care if he said he was the cattle or not.

He called guys like Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Yzerman cattle. That's a pretty stupid thing to say... and not classy, either.

Old
10-09-2012, 11:51 PM
Brodie
watcher on the walls

There's no good explanation for senior management calling employees "cattle"

Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 07:53 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Quote:
Class act, that Red Wings president, referring to the players as cattle.
Which has what to do with the Wings returning season ticket money, Bob?

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 07:59 AM
MissNHL

I am a partial ticket holder and know many season ticket holders who have not received any money back. They aren't taking any payments from me tho, since I am on a payment plan. If they have a season, I will be given a new game option as to what games I would like.

I do know, many teams have law suits against them from season ticket holders.

MissNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Bench
Realgud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
It's a chance to say something negative. Hard to pass up!

In related news, my Dallas Stars season ticket holder friends have been offered free tickets to the Texas Stars AHL games. Dallas is still holding the line that there will be a season, and I don't blame them, since they FINALLY started drumming up interest in the team again at the end of last season (plus the Jagr and Whitney signings) only to watch this lockout completely ruin all their gains.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Huddy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Huddy*
Quote:

email from my ticket rep at the joe before cancelled games

Brett,

You do not need to send anything back with the tickets. We will have a refund policy coming out by the end of the week as we are awaiting final approvals. We have suspended those that are on payment plans as of right now.

As of right now we have not had any games canceled and are confident the two sides will come to an agreement quickly.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Matthew Boyce
Ticket Service Executive | Olympia Entertainment | Detroit Red Wings

Email about payment options going forward w games cancelled

Dear Brett,

As you are aware, the current NHL Collective Bargaining Agreement has expired and the Red Wings first two preseason games have been cancelled. Based on this information, we'd like you to be aware of your rebate/refund options as a season ticket holder who is paid in full for the 2012-13 season.

Option 1A: Choose Option 1A if you want to keep your money on account with the Red Wings until hockey resumes. For cancelled and non-rescheduled games you will receive a 3% rebate on what you paid per ticket, plus any parking passes or CC Olympia Club memberships purchased. This rebate will remain on your account and can be applied towards the purchase of 2013 Red Wings Playoff tickets or 2013-14 season tickets and will be calculated at an annual percentage rate that begins to accrue on September 27th, the date of the first scheduled preseason game.

Option 1B: Choose Option 1B if you would like to receive a refund for the cancelled and non-rescheduled games. In this instance, you will receive the refund (check if you paid by check; credit card if you paid by credit card) within ten business days of the new schedule announcement. For cancelled and non-rescheduled games you will receive an additional 1% refund on what you paid per ticket, plus any parking passes or CC Olympia Club memberships purchased. The refund will be calculated at an annual percentage rate and begin to accrue on September 27th, the date of the first scheduled preseason game.

Please confirm your preferred option (1A or 1B) by clicking here before September 30th, 2012. If we do not receive your selection, we will assume that your preference is Option 1A.

We thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Thank you for your support of the Detroit Red Wings.

Matthew Boyce
Ticket Service Executive | Olympia Entertainment | Detroit Red Wings

Here is everything you need to know about RW and the refund to us...

Huddy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 11:57 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
It has to do specifically with this line:

Quote:
I don't tthink it's a "class act" to give money back for a product if you're not providing it.

Just becase some of the other owners are being dbags doesn't mean this is classy.

This act is what should happen. Nothing classy.

It's not classy when I pay my phone bill or make a car payment. It's what should be expected.

NHL owners unanimously voted to lock out the players.

I don't think it's classy to sign Zetterberg to a lifetime contract and then try to force a 25 percent paycut midstream.

In fact, that's the opposite of classy. I think it's dishonest.

I think Devellano's comments were disrespectful.

Now, as NHL owners go, Mike Illtich is top shelf.

But I'm not going to call this organization classy while they're shutting down the game again.

Old
10-10-2012, 11:58 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
It's a chance to say something negative. Hard to pass up!

In related news, my Dallas Stars season ticket holder friends have been offered free tickets to the Texas Stars AHL games. Dallas is still holding the line that there will be a season, and I don't blame them, since they FINALLY started drumming up interest in the team again at the end of last season (plus the Jagr and Whitney signings) only to watch this lockout completely ruin all their gains.
Hey, look, there's benchy doing what he does best. Taking weak shots at me.

Old
10-10-2012, 12:02 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Whale View Post
Choose Option 1B if you would like to receive a refund for the cancelled and non-rescheduled games. In this instance, you will receive the refund (check if you paid by check; credit card if you paid by credit card) within ten business days of the new schedule announcement. For cancelled and non-rescheduled games you will receive an additional 1% refund on what you paid per ticket, plus any parking passes or CC Olympia Club memberships purchased. The refund will be calculated at an annual percentage rate and begin to accrue on September 27th, the date of the first scheduled preseason game.
Wait, so there is no refund until a new schedule is announced? When does that happen?

Old
10-10-2012, 06:38 PM
Bench
Realgud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob
It's not classy when I pay my phone bill or make a car payment.
Tell that to my classy as hell credit report.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 09:54 PM
jacK

Quote:
Class act, that Red Wings owner, making money hand over fist and locking out the players for more
Devellano put his foot in his mouth for sure, but this is b.s. and you know it.
Ilitch would rather be playing under the 2003 CBA that let him spend as much as he pleased on his roster, but his brethren can't save themselves from themselves, and he's had no choice but to vote for a lockout to fall in line behind his idiot commissioner.

jacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 12:05 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacK View Post
Devellano put his foot in his mouth for sure, but this is b.s. and you know it.
Ilitch would rather be playing under the 2003 CBA that let him spend as much as he pleased on his roster, but his brethren can't save themselves from themselves, and he's had no choice but to vote for a lockout to fall in line behind his idiot commissioner.

I doubt it.
I doubt it very much.

Illitch has been traditionally hawkish in CBA negotiations.