HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bruins Flames

Old
10-10-2012, 02:51 AM
MessierII

vCash: 500
Bruins Flames

Jarome Iginla for David Krejci

Sucks that the Flames have to part with Jarome but its better than waisting his days away on a middle of the pack team. Gives him a legit shot and gives Calgary a legit top center whos young enough to build around. For the B's it makes room for Seguins inevitable transition to center and gives them a vet scorer who plays their style to a T and brings another valued leadership presence.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 04:20 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Where do I sign?

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 04:28 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post

Sucks that the Flames have to part with Jarome but its better than waisting his days away on a middle of the pack team. Gives him a legit shot and gives Calgary a legit top center whos young enough to build around. For the B's it makes room for Seguins inevitable transition to center and gives them a vet scorer who plays their style to a T and brings another valued leadership presence.
How long do you assume the Lockout will last?

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 07:11 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:

Not until the lockout is over that is for sure.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 07:36 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
Not until the lockout is over that is for sure.
of course, no trade is possible now.

But i wonder the variance in Iginla value if he is traded next week, or in a deadline deal, or if the season start next year and we have only a 30 games season.

Will there be a deadline if the season is shortened ?

I think the right timing to trade Iginla is at the deadline. Calgary will then know if they are fighting for a playoff spot or not.

This proposal remind me all the Parise proposal one year ago. At the end they was all pointless because they assumed NJ would miss the playoff. But this one is even more pointless as we dont even know if there will be a season or not.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Oates2Neely

I'd say no, just because of Iginla's UFA status at the end of this season (assuming there is one). He can just re-up with Calgary in the offseason & skate on Krejci's wing in Calgary next yr.. Too much risk for Boston.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 08:51 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Nope.

Krejci had five less points playing in three less games. Plus, Krejci has a number of his prime years left and Iginla could start declining at any time.

Only trade I would consider is our first and some B level prospects, but Calgary probably would not be interested. We have an elite team and our prospect pool is coming along very very nicely. Assuming Horton stays healthy...Lucic Krejci Horton and Marchand Bergy Seguin is a great top six.

Tim Vezina Thomas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 11:35 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Nope.

Krejci had five less points playing in three less games. Plus, Krejci has a number of his prime years left and Iginla could start declining at any time.

Only trade I would consider is our first and some B level prospects, but Calgary probably would not be interested. We have an elite team and our prospect pool is coming along very very nicely. Assuming Horton stays healthy...Lucic Krejci Horton and Marchand Bergy Seguin is a great top six.
Yeah because points are all that matter...

Keep your eyes on the score sheet eagle-eye.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Oates2Neely

Any team interested in adding Iginla would likely be a contending team. A contending team isnt going to trade their #1 center for a rental.

An Iginla deal would happen at trade deadline assuming Flames are "DNQ". At that point I'd guess he'd go for a couple of 1sts & prospect.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Haatley

flames say no

Haatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 11:51 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Yeah because points are all that matter...

Keep your eyes on the score sheet eagle-eye.
Lol what? Don't get defensive about me not wanting to trade my 60-70 point 26 year old two way center for someone of Iginlas age. No one is saying stats are the only thing that matters, but fact is, Iginla produced at nearly the same clip as Krejci last year.

Why would we trade Krejci for what could amount to a rental if Iginla decides to hang them up? Its a relevant point that should be taken into consideration. Krejci is far more than stats as well..hes good defensively and is a stud in the playoffs. Also, Krejci has proven to be successful in this system, why shake it up for someone who A. Could produce the same amount or B. Retire shortly thereafter? Makes no sense to do this swap from the Bruins standpoint. Krejci is a long term asset, Iginla probably wont be.

I'd trade a lot of picks/prospects for Iginla because hes still a great player, but not an important part of our core. Hell no.

Old
10-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Any team interested in adding Iginla would likely be a contending team. A contending team isnt going to trade their #1 center for a rental.

An Iginla deal would happen at trade deadline assuming Flames are "DNQ". At that point I'd guess he'd go for a couple of 1sts & prospect.
This.

Bruins wouldnt trade their 1A center for a 1A winger, especially when Krejci is much younger.

Like I said above, I'd love Iginla in a Bruins uni and would trade any prospect not named Hamilton for him, but not an important part of our core that would shake up the team.

Old
10-10-2012, 11:59 AM
ed bruin

lol so Iggy could play on Krejci's wing after a few months?

ed bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 12:01 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
of course, no trade is possible now.

But i wonder the variance in Iginla value if he is traded next week, or in a deadline deal, or if the season start next year and we have only a 30 games season.

Will there be a deadline if the season is shortened ?

I think the right timing to trade Iginla is at the deadline. Calgary will then know if they are fighting for a playoff spot or not.

This proposal remind me all the Parise proposal one year ago. At the end they was all pointless because they assumed NJ would miss the playoff. But this one is even more pointless as we dont even know if there will be a season or not.
I think there are a couple of things that we can be pretty sure of and they are that if Calgary is actually going to trade Iginla at the deadline it is going to be to a Cup contender and that a Cup contender isn't going to trade their #1 center for a wing.

We know that last year Krejci and Iginla scored at nearly the same rate with Iginla getting a few more goals. We know Iginla is a leader and well respected player and has a lot of intangables. We Know Krejci plays the more important position and has proven that he can come up big at the biggest times.

I think it is far more likely that if Iginla is traded at the deadline he is going to get a couple of picks and a prospect or a couple of prospects and a pick with a player outside the core of the team thrown in with either of those.

If he is traded before the season or as soon as it starts the Flames stand a much better chance of getting a player that can be in the neighborhood of what Iginla is.

It depends what they want. I just think that most of the time that when players like Iginla get traded at the deadline they go for a combination of picks/prospects/3rd liners.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 12:07 PM
b in vancouver

I'm not sure if Iginla gets the Bruins any closer to the Cup than Krejci does. Boston's record with Krejci in the line-up is excellent (their breakdown against Philly was after Krejci got hurt)

Would love to see Iggy on the B's but for me it would have to be some combination of prospects and picks.
ie. Caron, Spooner, 2nd or 1st or something involving Knight or Khokholachev or Subban

b in vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by b in vancouver View Post
I'm not sure if Iginla gets the Bruins any closer to the Cup than Krejci does. Boston's record with Krejci in the line-up is excellent (their breakdown against Philly was after Krejci got hurt)

Would love to see Iggy on the B's but for me it would have to be some combination of prospects and picks.
ie. Caron, Spooner, 2nd or 1st or something involving Knight or Khokholachev or Subban
This is a great way to say it...I agree with you.

NO ONE is discounting Iginlas worth to a team, but not at Krejci's expense.

Old
10-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Mrb1p

Calgary should add.

There's no point in trading a player in his late 20 for one on the wrong side of 30.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 12:50 PM
MessierII

Quote:
This is a great way to say it...I agree with you.

NO ONE is discounting Iginlas worth to a team, but not at Krejci's expense.
Say it was conditional on Iginla being extended two years does this change anything?

Old
10-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Calgary should add.

There's no point in trading a player in his late 20 for one on the wrong side of 30.
Krejci is 26, I wouldnt even call that "late 20s." Your point remains tho, I agree.

Old
10-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Say it was conditional on Iginla being extended two years does this change anything?
Eh, I don't think so. I don't think it puts us in a better position to win the Cup, and if it doesnt then why take the risk?

Old
10-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Walkenthewalk

Quote:
From Bruins' perspective, I would say this ship sailed a couple of years ago.

Walkenthewalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 01:20 PM
MessierII

Quote:
Eh, I don't think so. I don't think it puts us in a better position to win the Cup, and if it doesnt then why take the risk?
Fair point IMO it does. I think Iginla on the Bruins would have at least one 80 point season in him.

The way I look at it is unless you plan on having Seguin as a career winger (which wouldn't be a good move IMO) you have to move Krejci at some point. He's more redundant than Bergerant and wouldn't make a good winger IMO. If you believe a better player will become available for a similar price then that's fair.

Old
10-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Fair point IMO it does. I think Iginla on the Bruins would have at least one 80 point season in him.

The way I look at it is unless you plan on having Seguin as a career winger (which wouldn't be a good move IMO) you have to move Krejci at some point. He's more redundant than Bergerant and wouldn't make a good winger IMO. If you believe a better player will become available for a similar price then that's fair.
Well I mean, Seguin playing wing the next two years doesnt mean hes going to be a career winger...

We could easily sit on Krejci and utilize his abilities for the next couple years at center and trade him down the road. Or even hold onto him and put Seguin in the middle anyways. There is no inherent "need" to trade Krejci to put Seguin in the middle. We can afford to hold onto him and trade him for the right deal.

I've always said that Seguin wont play center until Krejci gets traded, but I ALSO think there should be no rush to put Seguin in the middle. If we're competitive, leaving him at wing won't stifle his growth or anything haha.

I'm also not sure Iginla will put up that amount of points, but I'm fairly certain that Krejci will get around 60 points every year for the next X amount of years...seems like a pretty easy decision at least factoring in my opinions.

Old
10-10-2012, 02:32 PM
MessierII

Quote:
Well I mean, Seguin playing wing the next two years doesnt mean hes going to be a career winger...

We could easily sit on Krejci and utilize his abilities for the next couple years at center and trade him down the road. Or even hold onto him and put Seguin in the middle anyways. There is no inherent "need" to trade Krejci to put Seguin in the middle. We can afford to hold onto him and trade him for the right deal.

I've always said that Seguin wont play center until Krejci gets traded, but I ALSO think there should be no rush to put Seguin in the middle. If we're competitive, leaving him at wing won't stifle his growth or anything haha.

I'm also not sure Iginla will put up that amount of points, but I'm fairly certain that Krejci will get around 60 points every year for the next X amount of years...seems like a pretty easy decision at least factoring in my opinions.
Fair points I don't strongly disagree with anything you said. I just don't think a better player could be realistically had for Krejci alone.

Old
10-10-2012, 02:46 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Fair points I don't strongly disagree with anything you said. I just don't think a better player could be realistically had for Krejci alone.
Agreed, which is why I think we should hold onto him, or involve him in a deal for a goal scoring winger who is young as well (Bobby Ryan).