HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

DiPietro Discussion Thread Part II (Post 746 **Placed on Waivers**)

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2012, 01:32 PM
StumpNYI

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
while i see what your saying Hasselhof is not irrelevant here.
Sorry, I forgot about the cheeseburger thing.

Old
10-10-2012, 01:40 PM
OlTimeHockey

Germany's version of the DL?

Das Loss.

Old
10-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Giuseppe Franco

My prediction: In Germany, DP will look like the second-coming of Dominik Hasek and Islander fans will be drooling over his return. First game back in the NHL, he'll give up 5 goals on 23 shots and suffer a season-ending groin injury. After the game he'll guarantee he'll be back to start the 2013-2014 season.

Old
10-10-2012, 06:54 PM
lost35*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Franco View Post
My prediction: In Germany, DP will look like the second-coming of Dominik Hasek and Islander fans will be drooling over his return. First game back in the NHL, he'll give up 5 goals on 23 shots and suffer a season-ending groin injury. After the game he'll guarantee he'll be back to start the 2013-2014 season.
my prediction is he bombs in some 3rd rate German League and he possibly gets hurt again

on a side note, if he does get hurt in this league, can that be some clause for the Isles getting out of the contract? I doubt DP would risk it if it was the case, but I imagine there are some things DP can and cant do in the contract

Old
10-10-2012, 08:13 PM
Aucoin3

He'll probably get hurt again so that we can have Poulin or Nilsson backing up Nabakov when we get past this nonsense.

Last edited by PWJunior: 10-10-2012 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Mod edit
Old
10-10-2012, 09:07 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Just a reminder, outright wishing injury on anyone is not allowed on the HF Boards.

While it is DP, let's be careful of that please. We can joke all we want and there is quite some leeway there, but please be aware of crossing the line. Thanks.

Old
10-10-2012, 11:21 PM
luki here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost35 View Post
my prediction is he bombs in some 3rd rate German League and he possibly gets hurt again

on a side note, if he does get hurt in this league, can that be some clause for the Isles getting out of the contract? I doubt DP would risk it if it was the case, but I imagine there are some things DP can and cant do in the contract
Um...someone is still paying his insurance, m'kay?

Old
10-11-2012, 09:23 AM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
Germany's version of the DL?

Das Loss.

Das (Walking) Boot

Old
10-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Oh man, Dipietro is already playing tomorrow night at the closest 2nd league opponent - and I have to work and coach.

Arggggg, there may be no other chance to see him!

Darnit!!!

Old
10-11-2012, 12:43 PM
isles31
Poster Excellont

DP signs in Germany

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ny-for-lockout

so many questions but i feel like theyre all in bad taste. My main one is, if he has a career ending injury there, are the isles on the hook for the contract?

edit: i suck, didnt realize this was being discussed in the dipietros status thread. Everyone else had the confirmed with link once they signed somewhere, so thought id help out. Sorry

Old
10-11-2012, 02:18 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

vCash: 1130
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles31 View Post
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ny-for-lockout

so many questions but i feel like theyre all in bad taste. My main one is, if he has a career ending injury there, are the isles on the hook for the contract?

edit: i suck, didnt realize this was being discussed in the dipietros status thread. Everyone else had the confirmed with link once they signed somewhere, so thought id help out. Sorry
I completely agree with the article, if DP can stay healthy and get some solid work done and who knows maybe he can return in goal. This is what killed me all these seasons, he should of been sent down to the AHL and warmed up, instead his ego and is relationship with Wang caused him to continuously go out on the ice only to hurt himself and embarrass the fan base in the process.

I am not expecting him to turn it around and come back at Patrick Roy but he wouldn't be the first athlete in professional sports to make a come back after playing abroad for a while.

Old
10-12-2012, 12:49 AM
DaMick
at least we got D

Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpNYI View Post
He will be the David Hasselhof of hockey. Irrelevant in America, a LEGEND in Germany.
Nice...

10-12-2012, 08:56 AM
E_Godard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
Oh man, Dipietro is already playing tomorrow night at the closest 2nd league opponent - and I have to work and coach.

Arggggg, there may be no other chance to see him!

Darnit!!!
Do they have a site or the league site perhaps where I can check updates on stats scores, etc?

Old
10-12-2012, 09:25 AM
IwayMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
I completely agree with the article, if DP can stay healthy and get some solid work done and who knows maybe he can return in goal. This is what killed me all these seasons, he should of been sent down to the AHL and warmed up, instead his ego and is relationship with Wang caused him to continuously go out on the ice only to hurt himself and embarrass the fan base in the process.

I am not expecting him to turn it around and come back at Patrick Roy but he wouldn't be the first athlete in professional sports to make a come back after playing abroad for a while.
I am not sure how the AHL compares to the league in Germany, but I view this stint in Germany as the AHL rehab assignment that he should have been on from the beginning. Hopefully this will give DP the chance to work back up to NHL level game shape. I don't think the Islanders did DP a favor by throwing him into the deep end of the pool (NHL).

Old
10-12-2012, 09:32 AM
barmbek76

Though Riessersee is a 2nd tier team (now), it's one of the most traditional, if not THE traditional Hockeytown in Germany. And Europe.

Founded in 1920, they grabbed 10 major league titles between 1927 and 1981. Too bad... they went downhill head over heels since their glory years.

Old
10-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Small Brain Presence

Quote:

He didn't shoot himself in the leg or father 15 children with 15 different women in 15 different states. How exactly did he "embarrass" the fan base by trying to come back from terrible injuries? You may not like his contract and feel his attempts to come back have set the team back, but his behavior could hardly be called "embarrassing."

Old
10-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Godard View Post
Do they have a site or the league site perhaps where I can check updates on stats scores, etc?
Here is their results & schedule
http://www.scriessersee.de/saison/spielplan.html

on the far right you can click 'Spiel Beendet' which is the box score for each game. Incase you didn't know, October 12, 2012 (10/12/12) is read as 12/10/12 in Europe. So Day/Month/Year

I'm using Google Chrome & I don't know if it's built in or I DLd an extension somewhere along the way, but the translator is pretty solid. So you might want to check that out.

Also remember, for any of our overseas players, Hockeydb is usually a day or 2 behind, but that'll probably be the easiest way to get relatively up to the date stats.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=49709 there's Ricks page

Old
10-12-2012, 12:03 PM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Brain Presence View Post
He didn't shoot himself in the leg or father 15 children with 15 different women in 15 different states. How exactly did he "embarrass" the fan base by trying to come back from terrible injuries? You may not like his contract and feel his attempts to come back have set the team back, but his behavior could hardly be called "embarrassing."
wow...thought this was NFLBOARDS.COM for a second!

I hope he can stay healthy and play.

Kinda amazing that he'd play overseas if he was even remotely hurt. If he's hurt, he gets his full salary.

He must be feeling good. Hopefully he can play.

Old
10-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

vCash: 1130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Brain Presence View Post
can you honestly wear a DP jersey without getting laughed at? His injuries have been the butt jokes throughout the years. Every time he gets hurt Deadspin.com has an article with him laying flat on the ice floor, The Onion even spoofed him once. Lets not forget getting punched in the face was his fault! The man sneezes and he gets a hernia.

Old
10-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Fantom

Quote:
can you honestly wear a DP jersey without getting laughed at? His injuries have been the butt jokes throughout the years. Every time he gets hurt Deadspin.com has an article with him laying flat on the ice floor, The Onion even spoofed him once. Lets not forget getting punched in the face was his fault! The man sneezes and he gets a hernia.
yes i never seen anyone laugh at his jersey

Old
10-12-2012, 02:06 PM
beach
Things are looking

Send a message via ICQ to beach
DP - From this point on, known as The Doff

Old
10-12-2012, 03:03 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmbek76 View Post
Though Riessersee is a 2nd tier team (now), it's one of the most traditional, if not THE traditional Hockeytown in Germany. And Europe.

Founded in 1920, they grabbed 10 major league titles between 1927 and 1981. Too bad... they went downhill head over heels since their glory years.
Did they used to have to train at Mein Training Kempe back then ? Sorry, bad joke. But being a history major, I can't imaginge Hockey during the Nazi Germany's era. Weird concept.

Old
10-12-2012, 03:34 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Did they used to have to train at Mein Training Kempe back then ? Sorry, bad joke. But being a history major, I can't imaginge Hockey during the Nazi Germany's era. Weird concept.
Arian White Ice, the game has brilliant jerseys, the goal is to occupy and take over the opposing zone (and in another period, take the opposite approach in line with the Schleiffen Plan), but the game did lack a final solution in line with the Reich. Just a bloodless overtime.

The Soviets had much colder rinks.

The French refused to backcheck.

The Americans didn't put up any offense or defense until they were down by two goals.

The Italians would go up by a goal them score on their own net.

The Swiss always tied 0-0 by staying in the neutral zone.

Japanese concussions in the end boards relegated them to last place.

Old
10-13-2012, 08:10 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmbek76 View Post

And they've got some prrrrrretty bad ice down there. Shockingly bad in fact. Thin as can be and more ruts than at a construction site.

But cool old wooden seats in the stands!

BTW, you're a Barmbek Boy, eh?

Never seen one posting around these parts. Very cool!

Old
10-13-2012, 08:18 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
Arian White Ice, the game has brilliant jerseys, the goal is to occupy and take over the opposing zone (and in another period, take the opposite approach in line with the Schleiffen Plan)...
That was sooooooooooo WWI.

Quote:
...but the game did lack a final solution in line with the Reich. Just a bloodless overtime.
Whoaaaa, someone has a little too much time on his hands.

Closed Thread