HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBA Negotiations

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
@DarrenDreger:
"Big Four" as @Real_ESPNLeBrun calls Bettman, Daly, Fehr's, met for hour and accomplished little. Big group meets in pm
Great. Big groups are generally less effective than small groups, so I have little hope more people will get more done.

10-10-2012, 01:40 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
More people watch and get ESPN. Throw in star household names on top of a lockout id be concerned. Its not like the NBC guys are any better. Doc overselling crosby's sneeze and Pierre's "insight" yeah im concerned. honestly after losing time in now 3 seasons i hope it happens. i hope they stay i hope ESPN picks up the KHL. I hope it creates a ****storm I really do. this is obnoxious

as for it being tape delayed...its in russia what 14 hours off?
NBC/Comcast and this "NBC Sports" business offers a huge competitor to ESPN with its plans to get more soccer and steal bigger college football markets.

NBC already owns a major chunk of football broadcasts, all of hockey, and the Olympics/other international major sporting events.

When is the last time ESPN had direct competition?

Hockey is what the NBC/Comcast partnership was hoping to give them that little extra push into the competitive market with ESPN. Right now the lockout is becoming a problem for NBC Sports, and ESPN is using it to put the breaks in anyway possible from NBC/Comcast getting a foothold in their market.

The KHL won't ever throw out the NHL, but it does make things a little more difficult.

That said, in a lot of ways, all you're doing is exposing more Americans to hockey on ESPN, something they haven't had in forever. Who is to say that some of them don't turn around and jump on board with the NHL when the lockout is over?

There's a lot more to this than just ESPN showing KHL games.

Old
10-10-2012, 01:51 PM
PHILOUDELPHIA

guys, on my way into work. I had 94 WIP on, angelo and the gang AL morganti and keith jones say there best source says the NHL lockout will end in 24-48 hours, and a press conference will be held by the weekend.

NOt sure how they know that, but It seems like someone knows something and isnt telling anyone. Also, TSN hasn't updated anything except to say the usual the NHL is meeting.

so will see.

I don't have a link, but I think theyre might be a podcast on 94wip, maybe you can listen to them say that.

Old
10-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Yeah, they are wrong.

There's been more than a few TSN people saying the sides were at an impasse today during meetings

Old
10-10-2012, 02:02 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILOUDELPHIA View Post
guys, on my way into work. I had 94 WIP on, angelo and the gang AL morganti and keith jones say there best source says the NHL lockout will end in 24-48 hours, and a press conference will be held by the weekend.

NOt sure how they know that, but It seems like someone knows something and isnt telling anyone. Also, TSN hasn't updated anything except to say the usual the NHL is meeting.

so will see.

I don't have a link, but I think theyre might be a podcast on 94wip, maybe you can listen to them say that.
I believe it.

Source I had said it would likely be over sooner rather than later. Source was also a member of Philadelphia media.

TSN however seems to think things aren't going well as Krishna said.

Old
10-10-2012, 02:05 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Yeah, they are wrong.

There's been more than a few TSN people saying the sides were at an impasse today during meetings
True, but rumours of Eddy being pissed off, and the Flyers ice finally going in ( didn't they say it was staying out), and what Shafer said yesterday,can see how some have hope.

The TSN boys are nothing more than mouth pieces for the owners and do not even attempt to hide that they are.

All that, I still believe that this time next year, there will still be no CBA

Old
10-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Yeah, they are wrong.

Perhaps it's an impasse over what kind of cake they should buy to celebrate the new CBA?

Old
10-10-2012, 02:08 PM
Prongo
Beer

Every time I see people comment about the lock out might be over soon, I get so high. Then I come crashing back down, and hard, when it's all negative news. You people are the source of my craziness.

Old
10-10-2012, 02:11 PM
PHILOUDELPHIA

Guys, I drive and work for King Limosuine. From time to time I get pretty high profile people.

A business man who lives in chester springs, he actually is a friend of mike mayock, he also knows 1 of the flyers crew members that helps put the ice and gets the well ready for events, he said that the flyers ice crew members are putting the flyers ice in and painting. Not sure if they are jsut doing that just to be ready, but who knows maybe something is going to happen and NHL is trying to keep things quiet

Old
10-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Guys, I drive and work for King Limosuine. From time to time I get pretty high profile people.

A business man who lives in chester springs, he actually is a friend of mike mayock, he also knows 1 of the flyers crew members that helps put the ice and gets the well ready for events, he said that the flyers ice crew members are putting the flyers ice in and painting. Not sure if they are jsut doing that just to be ready, but who knows maybe something is going to happen and NHL is trying to keep things quiet
I imagine they're just doing that to be ready.

Edit: When does NBA pre-season start? It's likely easier to get the ice prepped before they have to start putting boards down.

Edit 2: First Sixers game is Oct 13.

Old
10-10-2012, 02:13 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:

Did I mention that Ed Snider is pissed?

Old
10-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:

I will hunt you down now that I know where you work and make you look like a fool if you are providing us kind, gentle, hockey lovers with false info. Consider your self warned.

Old
10-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Haha, no, the ice is definitely down. I saw a picture posted on FB this morning. I just think they're doing it in anticipation of the lockout ending in time for a season and wanting to get it taken care of without worrying about NBA games.

Edit. Holy run-on sentence, Beefman.

Old
10-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Prongo
Beer

Alright seems like you are safe

for now.....

Old
10-10-2012, 02:20 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

http://www.the700level.com/hockey-ph...88381481237582

That seems to confirm my theory. The ice going down doesn't mean anything.

Old
10-10-2012, 02:30 PM
PHILOUDELPHIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I will hunt you down now that I know where you work and make you look like a fool if you are providing us kind, gentle, hockey lovers with false info. Consider your self warned.
just remember prongs, you can't fool a fool

Old
10-10-2012, 02:32 PM
PHILOUDELPHIA

prongs,

I always tell the truth when i know I can get away with it

I also lie, when i know I can get way with it

Old
10-10-2012, 03:30 PM
McNasty

Typically the actual agreements are kept very quiet. NFL, NFL Refs, NBA, it wasn't like ok well they made some progress on this this and this. It was usually leaked that an agreement was imminent and then it was done. We aren't going to be fed breadcrumbs, one of the sides will eventually blink and when they do everything should flow reasonably quick.

Old
10-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
NBC/Comcast and this "NBC Sports" business offers a huge competitor to ESPN with its plans to get more soccer and steal bigger college football markets.

NBC already owns a major chunk of football broadcasts, all of hockey, and the Olympics/other international major sporting events.

When is the last time ESPN had direct competition?

Hockey is what the NBC/Comcast partnership was hoping to give them that little extra push into the competitive market with ESPN. Right now the lockout is becoming a problem for NBC Sports, and ESPN is using it to put the breaks in anyway possible from NBC/Comcast getting a foothold in their market.

The KHL won't ever throw out the NHL, but it does make things a little more difficult.

That said, in a lot of ways, all you're doing is exposing more Americans to hockey on ESPN, something they haven't had in forever. Who is to say that some of them don't turn around and jump on board with the NHL when the lockout is over?

There's a lot more to this than just ESPN showing KHL games.
Pretty much this. The reality is the vast majority of Americans that will tune in to watch the KHL are already NHL fans. If the KHL on ESPN creates any new hockey fans it's likely they will follow the NHL considering it's the highest level of hockey and it's right in their own backyard. I don't see anyone who isn't already a hockey diehard fan becoming a fan of a lesser league in Russia that is more difficult to follow.

Old
10-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Prongo
Beer

https://twitter.com/michaelgrange/st...60419218063362

Quote:
Big moment as #NHL CBA talks look like they'll continue past dark for the first time. #notthatbigreally
At least they are staying in a room together trying to hash this out. Hopefully something of significance comes from the meetings tonight. #probablynot

Damnit, they just wrapped up the meeting.

Last edited by Prongo: 10-10-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old
10-10-2012, 06:27 PM
MsWoof

Quote:

The Leafs' put their ice down a few weeks ago and showed it live, online. It means nothing, however, it was fun listening to the jokes about how watching paint dry was more exciting than watching the Leafs

Old
10-10-2012, 06:32 PM
PHILOUDELPHIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
https://twitter.com/michaelgrange/st...60419218063362

At least they are staying in a room together trying to hash this out. Hopefully something of significance comes from the meetings tonight. #probablynot

Damnit, they just wrapped up the meeting.

I dont know why, but i got a feeling with them meeting into he night, 1 thats good but I think the deal is done now. What I think the league is doing now is picking the day to start, and also reschedule the 2 weeks lost. for the flyers that be i think 4 games

Old
10-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Krishna

Quote:
I dont know why, but i got a feeling with them meeting into he night, 1 thats good but I think the deal is done now. What I think the league is doing now is picking the day to start, and also reschedule the 2 weeks lost. for the flyers that be i think 4 games
The big group isn't even negotiating over the economic issues and you think a deal is done now?

Old
10-10-2012, 07:59 PM
PHILOUDELPHIA

your probably right krish, angelo and the 94 wip gang are playing mind games with my head. I'm just tired of all this hoopla and want this dam thing to be over with.

Old
10-10-2012, 08:11 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
A deal won't come together that fast. It will probably take weeks for the CBA to be finalized.

Closed Thread