HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Red Wings player destinations during the Lockout

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-10-2012, 07:27 AM
  #151
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,587
vCash: 500
Emmerton heading to SaiPa in the Finnish SM-liiga?
Quote:
@PistolMcCormick: Congrats to the boys today! @cemmer48 off to Finland and @gmckegg14 on the Marlies! #theboys #SaiPa #Marlies

ChadS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 10:13 AM
  #152
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 14,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Emmerton heading to SaiPa in the Finnish SM-liiga?
Yeah, it's being reported in at least one Finnish (legit) paper. It continues at least until November 3rd and one month from there on if/when the lockout continues.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 10:18 AM
  #153
Kentti
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Emmerton heading to SaiPa in the Finnish SM-liiga?
Yes, according to this article Cory Emmerton is joining SaiPa in the FEL this week.

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/jaakiekko...-nhl-sentterin

The contract is month-to-month based. SaiPa has a lot of guys out due to injuries so the team needs new players. The article says that he will arrive to Lappeenranta (about 140 miles east of Helsinki) on Thursday and is expected to suit up on Friday against KalPa if they get his paperwork sorted out.

Kentti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 11:58 AM
  #154
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 16,114
vCash: 515
Got a kick out of this when I ran it through google translator so maybe it was off but...

from this article

http://www.saipa.fi/page.php?id=18&a=2764#.UHWHcVEY13A

Quote:
Emmerton, 24, is a second-round Detroit summer 2006. Last season, he was a symbol of pride in the auto power 71 match points 6 +4 = 10
Um... Symbol of pride?

Well I do wish him luck and glad he caught on with a legitimate league. Mursak has a jump start right now on the guys playing for roster spots think it was very smart of Miller and Emmerton to get going overseas.

Off topic, but is anybody else stunned that Rick DiPietro can get insurance on his contract at all to go overseas?!?!?

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 12:27 PM
  #155
Kentti
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Got a kick out of this when I ran it through google translator so maybe it was off but...

from this article

http://www.saipa.fi/page.php?id=18&a=2764#.UHWHcVEY13A



Um... Symbol of pride?
Actually it says that "Last season he played for the pride of the motor city in 71 games..."

Kentti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 12:56 PM
  #156
Kentti
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Filppula's stats for today's game that just ended in Jokerit win:

OCT 10, 2012: ÄSSÄT @ JOKERIT 1 - 3
G 0, A 0, P 0, +/- -1, PIM 0, S 4, TOI 21:37

Val after 8 games: 4 + 5 = 9 pts, +/- +5, PIM 2, S 23, average TOI 23:43.

This was the third game he played as the second line center, his older brother Ilari is first line center and made 1+2=3 pts today. Ilari has 6+10=16 pts in 11 games.

Kentti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 03:21 PM
  #157
Chris 84
Registered User
 
Chris 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 986
vCash: 500
i'm going to the Clan's match on Saturday. Drew had better not get injured on his debut on Friday :p

Chris 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 04:01 PM
  #158
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 14,429
vCash: 500
What the **** happened to Pulu after that prospect camp?

He's been pretty much atrocious these last few games. Early in the season he at least could get something going on, get some chances but now he can't even make a simple play.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 02:05 AM
  #159
TS Quint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentti View Post
Actually it says that "Last season he played for the pride of the motor city in 71 games..."
Are you sure? good thing we have international posters to help us correct google translations. Otherwise we'd all be thinking you talk funny.

TS Quint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 02:07 AM
  #160
TS Quint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
What the **** happened to Pulu after that prospect camp?

He's been pretty much atrocious these last few games. Early in the season he at least could get something going on, get some chances but now he can't even make a simple play.
I'm very disapointed. I haven't seen him play much but I wanted him to be good......and he's not. Hopefully things get better.

TS Quint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 02:43 AM
  #161
Kentti
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Here's the highlight reel for yesterday's Jokerit game. No points for Valtteri but 1+2 for his brother Ilari. Ilari's been playing better than Valtteri and I'm a bit surprised that he didn't make it to the Red Wings team. Maybe he can't adjust to the smaller rink?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFdcIGDPcpg

Kentti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 02:47 AM
  #162
Kentti
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS Quint View Post
I'm very disapointed. I haven't seen him play much but I wanted him to be good......and he's not. Hopefully things get better.
I hope so too. Thus far he has played 11 games, has 1 goal, 2 assists, 3 points, 47 shots, 29 PIM (got 5+20 in one game), +/- -2 and average TOI 14:26. Lately he's been playing as the second line RW, with Valtteri as Center on the same line.

Kentti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 04:29 AM
  #163
Thrace
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 84 View Post
i'm going to the Clan's match on Saturday. Drew had better not get injured on his debut on Friday :p
I'm going to Friday's game

Did you see the interview with Miller on Reporting Scotland? Pretty cool to see hockey get some national coverage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...nd_10_10_2012/

Scroll to 18.28. And being the BBC, the link will only work for a limited time.

Thrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 06:07 AM
  #164
Z40
High Compete Level
 
Z40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentti View Post
Actually it says that "Last season he played for the pride of the motor city in 71 games..."
That makes a helluva lot more sense! Thanks for clarifying.

Z40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 09:56 AM
  #165
Chris 84
Registered User
 
Chris 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrace View Post
I'm going to Friday's game

Did you see the interview with Miller on Reporting Scotland? Pretty cool to see hockey get some national coverage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...nd_10_10_2012/

Scroll to 18.28. And being the BBC, the link will only work for a limited time.
yeah, i'd seen it. and the press conference. lapping it all up right now, cos god knows its a once-in-a-lifetime thing for hockey to get any coverage, never mind anything else.

do you go to the games? i admit that while i've been meaning to go for a while, i've never done it yet. quite pricey for tickets tbh.

press conference for anyone who cares: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzKCF...ature=youtu.be

Chris 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 04:02 PM
  #166
Brodie
Moderator
watcher on the walls
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Michigan
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 11,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I find it strange given how hard it is for USMNT soccer players to sometimes get work visas that I have seen players able to go this (UK) route.
Different sports, different visa requirements.

Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 04:51 PM
  #167
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 16,114
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
Different sports, different visa requirements.
Thanks for the answer, I was a little confused how it was not an issue.

By the way the Wings and Boston Bruins now are tied with 9 players playing overseas, the most in the league. This actually could be huge, if a deal is brokered at mid-season and our guys come back in shape and game sharp we could be in for a really big start.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 05:00 PM
  #168
Harnessed in Slums
Registered User
 
Harnessed in Slums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 8,803
vCash: 500
Scottish hockey, I would imagine it's like 90% fighting and 10% skating. Good opportunity for Drew though, it was funny watching the press conference and the player/coach was talking about how you could put him in anywhere. I'm sure Miller is like "dude, first line winger!!!". Is it safe to assume he will be potting hat tricks on a regular basis or is the league somewhat decent?

Harnessed in Slums is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 05:19 PM
  #169
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 16,114
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Scottish hockey, I would imagine it's like 90% fighting and 10% skating. Good opportunity for Drew though, it was funny watching the press conference and the player/coach was talking about how you could put him in anywhere. I'm sure Miller is like "dude, first line winger!!!". Is it safe to assume he will be potting hat tricks on a regular basis or is the league somewhat decent?
I would expect him to put up very big numbers. I think Theo Fleury is the only guy I remember playing over there and that was after he had been out of the NHL for three years. He put up 74 points in 34 games. I don't think it is absolutely terrible, but my guess is you can find some competitive beer leagues in Canada and even Detroit that are on par or better. I would hope he is around 2 points a game at least, mostly because he is in his prime. His speed will be something none of those players really should be able to handle. He is above average in terms of the NHL, and my guess is Hudler would be fast over in the EIHL.

This is the league leading scorer right now.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=12006

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 05:38 PM
  #170
ALF AmericanLionsFan
Registered User
 
ALF AmericanLionsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cleveland, Ohio USA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentti View Post
Here's the highlight reel for yesterday's Jokerit game. No points for Valtteri but 1+2 for his brother Ilari. Ilari's been playing better than Valtteri and I'm a bit surprised that he didn't make it to the Red Wings team. Maybe he can't adjust to the smaller rink?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFdcIGDPcpg
Thought he played rather well in the AHL. Just needed a top six spot though.

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 06:23 PM
  #171
Harnessed in Slums
Registered User
 
Harnessed in Slums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 8,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I would expect him to put up very big numbers. I think Theo Fleury is the only guy I remember playing over there and that was after he had been out of the NHL for three years. He put up 74 points in 34 games. I don't think it is absolutely terrible, but my guess is you can find some competitive beer leagues in Canada and even Detroit that are on par or better. I would hope he is around 2 points a game at least, mostly because he is in his prime. His speed will be something none of those players really should be able to handle. He is above average in terms of the NHL, and my guess is Hudler would be fast over in the EIHL.

This is the league leading scorer right now.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=12006
Cool thanks, it's kinda funny the guy's name is Mac. And he's Canadian.

Harnessed in Slums is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 06:55 PM
  #172
TS Quint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentti View Post
I hope so too. Thus far he has played 11 games, has 1 goal, 2 assists, 3 points, 47 shots, 29 PIM (got 5+20 in one game), +/- -2 and average TOI 14:26. Lately he's been playing as the second line RW, with Valtteri as Center on the same line.
There shouldn't be any excuses for him playing with Val. If he ever had an oppertunity to prove he's a sniper (which many believe he's not) here it is.

TS Quint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 03:43 AM
  #173
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 15,905
vCash: 500
Morning rumor is that Bert wanted to follow E to Sweden, but it was stopped because of the civil suit. Ericsson's team is working on a deal with Michael Nylander now and has already signed his brother Peter.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 06:47 AM
  #174
Chris 84
Registered User
 
Chris 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I would expect him to put up very big numbers. I think Theo Fleury is the only guy I remember playing over there and that was after he had been out of the NHL for three years. He put up 74 points in 34 games. I don't think it is absolutely terrible, but my guess is you can find some competitive beer leagues in Canada and even Detroit that are on par or better. I would hope he is around 2 points a game at least, mostly because he is in his prime. His speed will be something none of those players really should be able to handle. He is above average in terms of the NHL, and my guess is Hudler would be fast over in the EIHL.

This is the league leading scorer right now.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=12006
i do believe the eihl has improved a bit since fleury's time, but yeah, you'd expect good numbers. wade belak played in the uk a while ago (and thankfully didn't put up ridiculous numbers otherwise the league really would seem a total joke, lol) and anthony stewart and tom sesisto are there now for the lockout. stewart had played 4 matches and has 3 points and noah clarke has 10 points in 10 games (and he put up some big ahl points once upon a time).

no question, miller should be a total stand-out megastar in this league. we'll see if 2points/game is too much to ask.

Chris 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 10:42 AM
  #175
Harnessed in Slums
Registered User
 
Harnessed in Slums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 8,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Morning rumor is that Bert wanted to follow E to Sweden, but it was stopped because of the civil suit. Ericsson's team is working on a deal with Michael Nylander now and has already signed his brother Peter.
Wow, Michael Nylander, haven't heard that name in a while.

Harnessed in Slums is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.