HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part II (Mod warning in Post 30)

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2012, 02:50 PM
eddyshack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
They play a team defense that includes forwards, goalie and defense. Nepean's forwards control the play a lot which makes it a lot easier on the defense plus they provide some good backchecking. They also have not had all their top defense playing healthy over any length of time so it is hard to tell exactly how good they are. I do not think they are as good as last year on the back-end when they had three of the top ones in the league, but they are far from beng a bad group.
It is called a team. The D and goalie can be be average. If your O guys constantly control the puck in the O zone. Simple.

Old
10-10-2012, 03:11 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyshack View Post
It is called a team. The D and goalie can be be average. If your O guys constantly control the puck in the O zone. Simple.
Ok. Thanks for the hockey lesson.

Problem is, Nepean's forwards don't always control the puck in the offensive zone.

Point is - their D is better overall than people think.

Old
10-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Ok. Thanks for the hockey lesson.

Problem is, Nepean's forwards don't always control the puck in the offensive zone.

Point is - their D is better overall than people think.
I do not think many people think there D are terrible, as a whole it seems that people think they have an average group of defenceman. Which they do, although it should be hard to tell considering they have had someone injured all year.

IMO they dont have a single Dman as good as any one of their top 3 last year though.

Any predictions for tonight?

I like nepean and cornwall in OT

Old
10-10-2012, 05:26 PM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post

I think Nepean is starting to roll. The Colts are struggling. There is good talent but they are not playing as a "team". It may not be pretty.

Rangersfan21 are you a fortune teller ? You got it half right and so did I.

It was ugly.

The Colts came out flying with a 4-0 lead 31 minutes into the game and let all slip away. The Colts did chase Charlie Millen out of the net.

It was earily very similar to the Kanata game. It appears 2 lines are not enough.

To make matters worse, a Colts D scores goal 4 into his own net and it is the tying goal. Into OT. Otherwise, the Colts beat OJS 4 to 3.

That is not wishful thinking, that is reality. The Colts earn 1 point for their efforts.

Congrats to OJS.

Last edited by eddyshack: 10-11-2012 at 12:01 AM. Reason: after the game
Old
10-10-2012, 09:48 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
I do not think many people think there D are terrible, as a whole it seems that people think they have an average group of defenceman. Which they do, although it should be hard to tell considering they have had someone injured all year.

IMO they dont have a single Dman as good as any one of their top 3 last year though.

Think they are above average in this league, that's for sure.

Old
10-11-2012, 11:08 AM
ZebraCritic

Quote:
Think they are above average in this league, that's for sure.
Yes! Yes! We get it already....you like the Raiders Defense to win the Norris trophy as a collective this year!

Getting off the Raiders D....Is this the Year Charlie Millen proves everyone (myself included) wrong and leads a team somewhere OR is this just a blip and he goes back to being who he has always been? An average tender at best. Thoughts??

Old
10-11-2012, 12:06 PM
upinarms

Average Tenders become Good tenders when the team in front of them is good. Ottawa is playing good so far and it shows in Millen. Nepean Tender looked very good last season with his D he had. This season Average with the team in front of him. I believe all tenders this season are average. There is no Dupius or Haffner. The better a team plays the better their Tender will look. Millen I believe was as Average as the rest in previous seasons. Now his team is helping him look better.

Old
10-11-2012, 12:29 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by upinarms View Post
Average Tenders become Good tenders when the team in front of them is good. Ottawa is playing good so far and it shows in Millen. Nepean Tender looked very good last season with his D he had. This season Average with the team in front of him. I believe all tenders this season are average. There is no Dupius or Haffner. The better a team plays the better their Tender will look. Millen I believe was as Average as the rest in previous seasons. Now his team is helping him look better.
Except for last night.

Old
10-11-2012, 12:39 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Zawadski is definitely better than average.

Old
10-11-2012, 02:28 PM
BackBringCam

Man did Edwardson ever poop the bed last night

Old
10-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Jeff077

Dean Derouchie has 9 goals & 12 assists in 8 games for CharLan in the EOJHL and had 3 goals & 3 assists in 4 exhibition games with Gloucester.
Looking for input as to why he is not playing in the CCHL. Was he not good enough? Jennings factor in Gloucester?
Obviously the kid has offensive skill for a '96, I would like someones perspective that may know a little bit more about the situation.

Old
10-11-2012, 03:41 PM
valleydude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff077 View Post
Dean Derouchie has 9 goals & 12 assists in 8 games for CharLan in the EOJHL and had 3 goals & 3 assists in 4 exhibition games with Gloucester.
Looking for input as to why he is not playing in the CCHL. Was he not good enough? Jennings factor in Gloucester?
Obviously the kid has offensive skill for a '96, I would like someones perspective that may know a little bit more about the situation.
While those are impressive numbers, I think the easy answer to your question is because JR B is not JR A.

He is also not the only 16 year old lighting it up in the jungle.
-Johnathon Cyr is leading Alexandria in points
- Kevin Groulx is seond in Stittsville

I am sure there are many more...

Old
10-11-2012, 04:01 PM
CoasttoCoast

Quote:
You might want to check Zawadski's numbers again!? He's leading the league in wins, save percentage and goals against. Average??? Haffner's Cornwall, when they finally got healthy last year, were just as good a team as Nepean. Zawadski beat Haffner in 7 games. Zawadski beat Pembroke & Dupuis in 7 games, and if you think that Pembroke team was'nt any good in front of him, try asking the third seed Brockville team that Pembroke beat in 5 games last year. Zawadski has had a poor start, but a poor start for him, is great start for most of the other goalies in the league. In my opinion, Zawadski proved last year he was at least as good as the competition.

As far as the generalization, good teams make the goalie look better, sure, I can agree with that. But the way I see the game, a good goalie makes the team look very good and the coach look even greater.

Old
10-11-2012, 05:07 PM
EasternOntario Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff077 View Post
I am sure he is not playing in the CCHL for Gloucester because they only had two sixteen year old cards, and felt he wasn't in the top two. Gloucester has had problems on D for years, so I am sure they are hoping Keuhl gets experience this year and will be a top four for the next few years. I saw a couple of exhibition games and thought Dean looked very,very good---he actually surprised me because although good in Minor Midget,he never really dominated in my opinion. So to make the Rangers he would have had to beat out Patrick White for the forward position----and just my opinion again, but I think White is definately the stronger of the two. The Rangers have some decent young guys for next year---Dean, O Neill , Dibello, all guys that will play and contribute next year.

Old
10-11-2012, 05:27 PM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackBringCam View Post
Man did Edwardson ever poop the bed last night
Hey Cam, I am not surprised on your comment. You love to take "shots" at the Edwardson kid.

Notwithstanding, if you were at the game or listened to the radio broadcast or watched the video, the team "pooped the bed". You cannot assess a game by the Game Sheet.

For the first 31:30 minutes the team dominated OJS with 2 lines and led 4 to 0. Edwardson was stellar on 20 shots.

Then OJS pulls Charlie Millen and the momentum changed. Charlie "pooped the bed" when he allowed 4 goals on just 16 shots or a .75 save %. Why no comment Cam ? Why so personal ?

Colts ended the 2nd period 4-2 and the Colts goalie faced 29 shots and a 93 save %

As in the SMf game and the recent Kanata Stallions game, the Colts ran out of gas in the 3rd period. 2 lines are not enough.

The 4th OJS goal that tied the game and forced OT was actually scored by a Colts D man. He earned the 3rd star. No goal, no OT and the Colts win 4-3 and Edwardson is a star.

However, the Colts were happy with 1 point against the top team in the League and in the top 20 in the country (16?)

As predicted before the game, the Colts are struggling but have good assets. With a few adjustments and enhancements in the roster, they will be competitive.

As far as rookie Edwardson, he is now top 5 of the 18 goalies with 259 minutes played and a 2.77 GAA and a .907 save % not bad for the back-up tender.

He is 17 and it is a process. It is good to see the Colts have confidence in their rookie net minder He was called upon to play the top team in the League.

Playing SMF and OJS he helped the team earn 3 out of a possible 4 points. It is a team effort, win or lose.

Last edited by eddyshack: 10-11-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old
10-11-2012, 10:35 PM
eddyshack

Kemptville 73's "poops the bed" in Colts land.

Speaking of "pooping the bed", Kemptville 73's and their net minder Billy Cooper left a dirty mess in Cornwall tonight losing 5 to 1 against the very average and medicore Colts.

What will the re-energized 73's do against Nepean, PLK, SMF and the league leading Ottawa Jr. Senators.

Was Blane Byron hurt ? He sure was vanilla out there tongiht. If he wasn't wearing his cage, no one would notice him.

Last edited by eddyshack: 10-11-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old
10-11-2012, 11:50 PM
Off the Boards

Blaine Byron (5'11, 163lbs, '95 -has a verbal agreement with Maine) was the most impressive forward for Kemptville. But IMO big #24 Jesse Lussier (6'3, 186lbs, '94) was the best player for the 73's. Very good skater who rushed the puck with speed, and showed a willingness to hit anything he could. Zachary Lindsay (6'3, 195, '92) showed no respect and punched Colts goalie Piccolino when he skated by (no call by the ref???).

Kemptville where not very impressive & have much to improve.

Cornwall has the #1 powerplay in the league but only capitalized once on the man advantage, and still relay to much on the top 2 lines.

Piccolino did ok not really challenged (Jenkins back up & Edwardson scratched). IMO the Colts need a veteran "D" who is strong defensively. and to release or trade Jenkins (won't get much back).

Old
10-11-2012, 11:56 PM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the Boards View Post
Blaine Byron (5'11, 163lbs, '95 -has a verbal agreement with Maine) was the most impressive forward for Kemptville. But IMO big #24 Jesse Lussier (6'3, 186lbs, '94) was the best player for the 73's. Very good skater who rushed the puck with speed, and showed a willingness to hit anything he could. Zachary Lindsay (6'3, 195, '92) showed no respect and punched Colts goalie Piccolino when he skated by (no call by the ref???).

Kemptville where not very impressive & have much to improve.

Cornwall has the #1 powerplay in the league but only capitalized once on the man advantage, and still relay to much on the top 2 lines.

Piccolino did ok not really challenged (Jenkins back up & Edwardson scratched). IMO the Colts need a veteran "D" who is strong defensively. and to release or trade Jenkins (won't get much back).

Good post. I totally agree with you, except with respect to Blane Byron.

I agree he is usually the top forward. Tonight? I just did not see it. IMO he was MIA.

Old
10-12-2012, 07:03 AM
BackBringCam

"You cannot ssess a game by the game sheet?"

"Definition of an Optimist: your team gets spanked 5 to 0 and you think it was "close". Hahahaha. That is hilarious. "If my aunt had a balls, she would be my uncle". "

Not taking a run at anybody, just stating the obvious. Why so sensitive?
GO 73's

Last edited by BackBringCam: 10-12-2012 at 07:48 AM.
Old
10-12-2012, 08:23 AM
Jeff077

[QUOTE=gotitans;54917007]While those are impressive numbers, I think the easy answer to your question is because JR B is not JR A.

I am sure there are many more...[/QUOTE

While Cyr and Groulx are having good seasons, both with 9 points in 8 games I would hardly call that lighting it up in comparison to 21 pts in the same amount of games.
Fair enough if he is not ready for the CCHL, but 2.5 pts/game is impressive in the EOJHL whether your are 16 or 21.

Old
10-12-2012, 01:19 PM
upinarms

[QUOTE=Jeff077;54932963]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitans View Post
While those are impressive numbers, I think the easy answer to your question is because JR B is not JR A.

I am sure there are many more...[/QUOTE

While Cyr and Groulx are having good seasons, both with 9 points in 8 games I would hardly call that lighting it up in comparison to 21 pts in the same amount of games.
Fair enough if he is not ready for the CCHL, but 2.5 pts/game is impressive in the EOJHL whether your are 16 or 21.
One must go out to the games and actually watch these players before laying judgement. Not sure you do this. Keuhl and White bring alot to the table other than points. In long term I believe both will be better players than Derouchee. Other option is Glouc might have been able to find a spot for all three.

Old
10-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Jeff077

[QUOTE=upinarms;54938367

One must go out to the games and actually watch these players before laying judgement. Not sure you do this. Keuhl and White bring alot to the table other than points. In long term I believe both will be better players than Derouchee. Other option is Glouc might have been able to find a spot for all three.[/QUOTE]

If you are not sure I do this, then don't speculate that I don't. I asked a question about a certain player. I did not mention either of the players you are talking about.
Not sure where I layed any judgement in any post.

Last edited by Jeff077: 10-12-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old
10-12-2012, 09:08 PM
eddyshack

Wow. Speaking of "pooping the bed", it appears that the 73's have a bad case of diaheria.

Tonight: Nepean 7 Kemptville 2

28 shots each.

BrindAmour 18 shots 14 saves for a .778 save %
Billy Cooper 10 shots 7 saves for a .700 save %

Nice.

Where is Waldo ? Cancel the Byron ABP

It appears Byron showed up tonight with an assist and a penalty. However, if this team is going anywhere, Blane has to step up.

Go 73's....to the basement.

Last edited by eddyshack: 10-12-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old
10-12-2012, 10:19 PM
gusfring

Wasn't a close game. Dominated by Nepean.

Old
10-12-2012, 11:10 PM
eddyshack

Quote:
Wasn't a close game. Dominated by Nepean.
It appears the Nepean Raiders will dominate a lot of teams this season.

Colts vs Raiders this Sunday 2:30 pm in Nepean.

Good test for the Colts.

Closed Thread