HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT Thread Part IV: Hey Marine! Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-10-2012, 04:48 PM
  #926
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,611
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Megan Fox with Jame's Earl Jones voice would still be hot...
But James Earl Jones has a voice that could melt butter.

She'd still be hot with say, Gilbert Gottfried's voice.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 04:48 PM
  #927
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
guys I need ur opinion on my opening paragraph for a story I have to write. It has to about something that people would not necessarily think it is harmful or scary and make it so. It has to be in a sci-fi setting.

Under a pile of rubble in the old city’s remains laid a strange book that emitted this ghastly green light. No human had been in the old city in over 500 years due to the New New York City built right on top of it. The book had a golden latch with the inscription on the cover, “Readers be warned, an unforgivable evil lies inside and will be revealed when the latch is opened.” The book was the reason why the people of old New York city had to create a new city. The few remaining people who survived were able to create the new city but were sadly unable to find the book and destroy it. When opened a unforeseen terror will wreak havoc upon the civilization it closest to. The story unfolds by a young man stumbling upon something not seen for several centuries.

lmk what y'all think
This sounds like a terrible movie that would star Jake Gyllenhaal.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 04:51 PM
  #928
Hodgy OFWG
New Season New Dream
 
Hodgy OFWG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,420
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Hodgy OFWG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
This sounds like a terrible movie that would star Jake Gyllenhaal.
-_________________________-

Hodgy OFWG is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 04:54 PM
  #929
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
-_________________________-
For a story you have to write for school, it's good. I hate creative writing ********, trust me. At least you have an imagination. It's just very cheesy looking

If it were to be a movie, it'd be the one that bombs in theatres because Jake Gyllenhaal is in it.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 04:56 PM
  #930
Hodgy OFWG
New Season New Dream
 
Hodgy OFWG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,420
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Hodgy OFWG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
For a story you have to write for school, it's good. I hate creative writing ********, trust me. At least you have an imagination. It's just very cheesy looking

If it were to be a movie, it'd be the one that bombs in theatres because Jake Gyllenhaal is in it.
oh trust me I do too, I just thought of Pandora's box and spun it off a bit. The guys name is John Pandora lol

Hodgy OFWG is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 04:59 PM
  #931
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
oh trust me I do too, I just thought of Pandora's box and spun it off a bit. The guys name is John Pandora lol
Oh a bit of foreshadowing, I like it. Your movie just upgraded to starring Ben Affleck.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 04:59 PM
  #932
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,611
vCash: 50
WHATS IN THE BOX? C'MON MAN, WHATS IN THE BOX?

f

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 05:01 PM
  #933
Hodgy OFWG
New Season New Dream
 
Hodgy OFWG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,420
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Hodgy OFWG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
WHATS IN THE BOX? C'MON MAN, WHATS IN THE BOX?

f
Im thinking its gonna be a little creature thing that grows bigger the closer it gets to technology or something like that idkk

Hodgy OFWG is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 05:03 PM
  #934
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,611
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
Im thinking its gonna be a little creature thing that grows bigger the closer it gets to technology or something like that idkk

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 05:04 PM
  #935
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
Im thinking its gonna be a little creature thing that grows bigger the closer it gets to technology or something like that idkk
You just took a huge jump and your movie now stars Daniel Glover, Predator 2 version.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 05:04 PM
  #936
Hodgy OFWG
New Season New Dream
 
Hodgy OFWG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,420
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Hodgy OFWG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I knew it was a joke I was just saying the anti-joke

Hodgy OFWG is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 05:04 PM
  #937
silverfish
Comfortably Numb
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 14,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
guys I need ur opinion on my opening paragraph for a story I have to write. It has to about something that people would not necessarily think it is harmful or scary and make it so. It has to be in a sci-fi setting.

Under a pile of rubble in the old city’s remains laid a strange book that emitted this ghastly green light. No human had been in the old city in over 500 years due to the New New York City built right on top of it. The book had a golden latch with the inscription on the cover, “Readers be warned, an unforgivable evil lies inside and will be revealed when the latch is opened.” The book was the reason why the people of old New York city had to create a new city. The few remaining people who survived were able to create the new city but were sadly unable to find the book and destroy it. When opened a unforeseen terror will wreak havoc upon the civilization it closest to. The story unfolds by a young man stumbling upon something not seen for several centuries.

lmk what y'all think
Sounds like Jumanji.

silverfish is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 05:09 PM
  #938
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,611
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
I knew it was a joke I was just saying the anti-joke
Hopefully you got my reference?

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 05:13 PM
  #939
Hodgy OFWG
New Season New Dream
 
Hodgy OFWG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,420
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Hodgy OFWG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Hopefully you got my reference?
yessuhh

Hodgy OFWG is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 05:28 PM
  #940
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
modus operandi
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,242
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
But James Earl Jones has a voice that could melt butter.

She'd still be hot with say, Gilbert Gottfried's voice.
Good point, good point.

Would you do her if she was still Megan Fox, just with one of James Earl Jones legs?

I think i still would.

Killem Dafoe is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 05:30 PM
  #941
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
modus operandi
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,242
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
WHATS IN THE BOX? C'MON MAN, WHATS IN THE BOX?

f
I made this exact reference like a day ago. The bank lady pulled out a small box to give my son a lollipop and she had a hard time opening it and i said "whats in the booox? come one, what's in the boox!??"

She did not get it either.

Killem Dafoe is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 05:33 PM
  #942
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,611
vCash: 50
Shame that some don't recognize cinematic greatness.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 05:40 PM
  #943
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Sounds like Jumanji.
I say roll with Jumanji, you can't go wrong.

Cresto is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 05:41 PM
  #944
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Cresty, get your ass to NYC already.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 05:43 PM
  #945
silverfish
Comfortably Numb
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 14,227
vCash: 500
Avery, you could always go with "Knock" and hope that your teacher doesn't know about it...

Quote:
The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a knock on the door..
That's it.

silverfish is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 05:46 PM
  #946
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,611
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Avery, you could always go with "Knock" and hope that your teacher doesn't know about it...



That's it.
Its the best, shortest scary story of all time.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 05:47 PM
  #947
Hodgy OFWG
New Season New Dream
 
Hodgy OFWG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,420
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Hodgy OFWG
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Avery, you could always go with "Knock" and hope that your teacher doesn't know about it...



That's it.

I would if I could but I have to submit it to a website because apparently taking others work is a bad thing

Hodgy OFWG is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 05:47 PM
  #948
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,442
vCash: 500
KU won the last thread post count with 80.
80 wouldn't get you into the top 5 on this thread
The 8 of us have been hogging the thread

Cresto is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 05:49 PM
  #949
Hodgy OFWG
New Season New Dream
 
Hodgy OFWG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,420
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Hodgy OFWG
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
KU won the last thread post count with 80.
80 wouldn't get you into the top 5 on this thread
The 8 of us have been hogging the thread
im going hard in this motha****aaa

Hodgy OFWG is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 05:49 PM
  #950
silverfish
Comfortably Numb
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 14,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
I would if I could but I have to submit it to a website because apparently taking others work is a bad thing
Plagiarism Shmagiarism.

silverfish is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.