HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

NHL Fan Boycott

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2012, 05:29 PM
CerebralGenesis

vCash: 500
I spend hundreds of dollars a year on stuff. Tickets, gear, and umm... ya

I already plan to not give the NHL any money for awhile after they return, whenever that is.

Old
10-10-2012, 06:38 PM
crazyforhockey

well the league at the moment is locked out till Oct 25 (barring further cancellations)

they cancel tweo weeks

so the earliest I can watch is now Nov 8 (barring further cancellations)

I cancel two weeks

out a year I cancel a year after they are back

I also reserve the right to take my time coming back to watch hockey..............

Old
10-10-2012, 06:42 PM
crazyforhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
I spend hundreds of dollars a year on stuff. Tickets, gear, and umm... ya

I already plan to not give the NHL any money for awhile after they return, whenever that is.
alot of core fans have expressed that exact desire to not buy any merchandise....

people are also telling families not to buy any NHL merch for them..ie xmas,birthdays etc.

Old
10-10-2012, 07:01 PM
OilerNut*

I'm really getting tired of hearing all these idiots shouting,
"Fire Bettman so we can have hockey back!"

You try and tell them firing Bettman won't end the lockout cause the owners demands would be still the same and they will actually argue with you denying that fact.

http://www.facebook.com/events/402312739835043/

So now they are going to wear NHL jerseys to support getting hockey back and to fire Bettman?

Tried tell them that by wearing NHL products you are supporting the owners and Bettman, but I just get told "Doesn't matter I'm a Canucks fan".

Seriously people, If you support the players side fine but at least know what the **** is going on!

I'm not trying to bash Canuck fans here, I am sure there are tons of Oilers fans that are thinking the same thing. But living here I am just exposed to the Canucks side of it.

Old
10-10-2012, 07:06 PM
BoHorvatFan

I will only be watching NHL hockey on tv and no centre ice. no merchandise or tickets or games or anything they will make money from. And not just for a year but for a long time.

Its so insulting how lowly they think of us fans. They think they can write ''thank you fans'' on the ice and thats enough. I don't even miss the NHL right now I don't care. Im not mad about no hockey Im mad about being treated like **** as a fan for the second time in 7 years.

Old
10-10-2012, 07:09 PM
TheDanceOfMaternity

All of Canada loves to blame Bettman for things that happened that were not in control.

Fehr is hands down the worst guy in all of this. Bettman is irrelevant really at the moment.

Old
10-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Section 409
FANATIC

http://www.facebook.com/FightAgainst...Lockout?ref=hl

I made this group as a start up, I do not know if it is thread worthy. If people are really serious about putting a dent in the NHL, join this group, and we can start working together. There is a description in there that really covers everything. If you can join, and get others to join making a difference becomes a possibility. The first step is getting the numbers to actually fight back.

Old
10-11-2012, 04:41 PM
BoHorvatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDanceOfMaternity View Post
All of Canada loves to blame Bettman for things that happened that were not in control.

Fehr is hands down the worst guy in all of this. Bettman is irrelevant really at the moment.
Everyone should just do what Bettman says! But what does it matter to him if they don't, we're all a bunch of idiots that will go back and watch his crappy product anyways. We're just stupid customers to him.

Old
10-11-2012, 05:32 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
Everyone should just do what Bettman says! But what does it matter to him if they don't, we're all a bunch of idiots that will go back and watch his crappy product anyways. We're just stupid customers to him.
And the players look at us the exact same way: Idiots that pay money to cheer on a bunch of strangers. I really hope people don't think the players believe us to be anywhere near their level in anything.

Old
10-11-2012, 06:43 PM
BoHorvatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
And the players look at us the exact same way: Idiots that pay money to cheer on a bunch of strangers. I really hope people don't think the players believe us to be anywhere near their level in anything.
Oh I totally agree. I don't have a side, to me it's so stupid to pick one side and defend them like so many on here are doing. Both sides are to blame, both are ruining the sport and both don't give a crap about us fans. Their true colours show during the lockouts with quotes like ''they'll come back again'' and ''I won't even go back to the NHL'' it is totally disrespectful and insulting to us, we have paid them so much money and don't deserve to be treated like peasants.

Old
10-13-2012, 12:01 AM
noupf

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
I will only be watching NHL hockey on tv and no centre ice. no merchandise or tickets or games or anything they will make money from. And not just for a year but for a long time.

Its so insulting how lowly they think of us fans. They think they can write ''thank you fans'' on the ice and thats enough. I don't even miss the NHL right now I don't care. Im not mad about no hockey Im mad about being treated like **** as a fan for the second time in 7 years.
or......3 times in 17 years. Its unacceptable and yet another reason why the NHL is is joke of a league.

BOYCOTT THE NHL AND ALL OF ITS PRODUCTS !!

Old
10-13-2012, 01:15 AM
SilverHaireDevil

The sheer volume of crying and whining about not getting to watch hockey is rather amusing, time to grow up and enter the real world where you don't always get what you want and actually have to work your buns off to get what you can.

Stop watching the game and stop spending on it, fine by me.

However once that occurs please shut up about it since you no longer have any involvement.

Old
10-13-2012, 01:29 AM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHaireDevil View Post
The sheer volume of crying and whining about not getting to watch hockey is rather amusing...
... Doktor, not everyone was born as the result of an "accident" between a street walker in Marseille and a GangBanging group of drunken Russian sailors from Minsk. Have you no compassion at all?

Old
10-13-2012, 09:36 AM
Pitlick*

If the entire season is cancelled, I also will stop attending games. It's almost as good watching on TV. And merchandise sales? Forget that. I lost my Sens hat this summer. Normally I'd get a new one, but I'm not giving them a dime.

It's the perfect way to send a message to owners and players, as each will get around 50% of league revenue. Should revenue shrink drastically, and the NHL and players have a crisis with teams folding, etc., I'll just laugh and think about how those morons could have avoided all this.

Yeah, people came back in 2005: the economy was strong, the new rules sped up the game a lot. It's different now. Companies and individuals are looking to save money. Here's how: cancel your NHL season tickets.

I'd love to see them sink and wallow in the mess they've created. All the while watching the games from my livingroom couch, contributing minimally to their "revenue".

Old
10-13-2012, 11:59 AM
bobbyt91
plz quote cuz bored

We can do THIS!!!!

I am soo annoyed that we the fans have no voice in this lockout. HF is the perfect venue to find a way to start something that really shows the NHL/NHLPA how we feel. HF has fans of every club in every city and IMO what we need is a show of force. Say a mass protest where someone in each NHL market takes the reigns and organizes a protest in their city all on the same day. Maybe the day of the Winter classic if no deal reached by then. Just look at what the "call" did for the NFL, I bet this would have a new CBA in a week. First off we need fans in each city to be willing to re-post in the individual team threads and from there a fan or coalition of fans in each city get the word out. I think doing it at each arena would be the easiest for organizational purposes. Also IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THIS CAN'T BE ABOUT WHAT SIDE YOU SUPPORT BUT ABOUT ENDING THE LOCKOUT!!

Old
10-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
The sheer volume of crying and whining about not getting to watch hockey is rather amusing, time to grow up and enter the real world where you don't always get what you want and actually have to work your buns off to get what you can.

However once that occurs please shut up about it since you no longer have any involvement.
I'm so sick of coming onto a HOCKEY forum and having to read these pretentious, high horse regurgitations about how I'm not supposed to be upset about this lockout.
We are upset, YOU get over it and if you don't like hockey that much that's fine. Some of us do.

It's time for the fans to have a say in this.

I'm not much of the organizer type, but if a mass protest is organized I will be there guaranteed.

Old
10-13-2012, 12:27 PM
bobbyt91
plz quote cuz bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
I'm so sick of coming onto a HOCKEY forum and having to read these pretentious, high horse regurgitations about how I'm not supposed to be upset about this lockout.
We are upset, YOU get over it and if you don't like hockey that much that's fine. Some of us do.

It's time for the fans to have a say in this.

I'm not much of the organizer type, but if a mass protest is organized I will be there guaranteed.
For sure we need posters to start threads in each team forum about a peaceful demonstration at each clubs rink at 2pm on Jan1st or even sooner if a suitable date can be chosen.

Old
10-13-2012, 02:56 PM
Suntouchable13

Quote:

Fans are just supposed to sit there and take this? I don't understand why some people actually defend this lockout. It's beyond me.

Old
10-13-2012, 03:37 PM
FormerRedwingFan
Sarcastic User Name

It would be awesome to organize just one game in one city where no one and I mean no one goes to the game, make sure it is an NHL on NBC or HNIC game. Let the NHL see what its like to play a game in front of 0 fans.

It would just be impossible to convince that many season ticket holders to burn a game.

Old
10-13-2012, 03:59 PM
noupf

Quote:

Your statement makes zero sense......

1) Fans have nothing to work towards when it comes to cheering for their team and supportin the leauge it which it plays.

2) The leauge, the players and the owners are the ones who should be WORKING THIER BUNS OFF in order to give the fans the product that they support.

3) Without the fans ( more so, the money that the fans spend on said leauge ) the leauge, the players and the owners would have no jobs..........

The leauge, the players and the owers are the ones who should be working their butts off to get the deal done, because, as you said "you don't always get what you want and actually have to work your buns off to get what you can"......and what the league wants to get is their fans money.

So, in conclusion, the fans have every right to sit here and whine and cry ( as you state ) as they get crapped on yet again by this joke of a leauge.......if you are ok with the leauge shutting down 3 times in the last 17 years.......good for you. Enjoy the next lockout in 5-7 years as well. Keep giving them your money too........ They need every fan like you who will come crawling back each time there is a work stoppage.

BOYCOTT THE NHL AND ALL OF ITS PRODUCTS !!

Old
10-13-2012, 04:49 PM
M A K A V E L I*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDanceOfMaternity View Post

Count von Count is the one who has been involved in all 3 lockouts. The next time the CBA expires, there will be another lockout. He should be convincing the owners to not use the lockout as a negotiating tactic.

Old
10-13-2012, 05:19 PM
ti-vite

Quote:
Originally Posted by M A K A V E L I View Post
Count von Count is the one who has been involved in all 3 lockouts. The next time the CBA expires, there will be another lockout. He should be convincing the owners to not use the lockout as a negotiating tactic.
Gary is 60 years old, Donals is 64. I would think if they sign a 6-8 year deal, two new players will lead next time.

Actually, this scares me even more. Both want to leave with a 'bang'

Old
10-13-2012, 05:35 PM
Marns
@thestretchpass

Quote:
What the hell are you talking about?

What you've just said there is something that a father might tell his son who's dropped out of school and can't get a job. It has zero bearing on fans getting screwed by the people in charge of the game.

Old
10-14-2012, 12:36 AM
SilverHaireDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marns View Post
What the hell are you talking about?

What you've just said there is something that a father might tell his son who's dropped out of school and can't get a job. It has zero bearing on fans getting screwed by the people in charge of the game.
The lot of you are on here bawling about no hockey, yet you seem to think its ok if a group of owners lose millions of dollars a year so you can be entertained.

Takes work to make that same money, wonder if you would be behind a lockout if roles were reversed and it was you losing millions a year so that I could be entertained.

Old
10-14-2012, 01:08 AM
Mant*

Quote:

You speak so eloquently, Mr. Hall.

Closed Thread